Post Office fraud, Royal Mail

Jambothump

Had a woman today wanted to charge me £4.40 for a £2.86 item, long story, but i cant find anywhere to report her and her supervisors compliance for this over charging. I told them Id report them, but on royal mail  website there is no where to actually do it (get led back to a shitty site). BTW Chesser Asda is nop notch for post Office, nice friendly staff, and know their stuff, open crazy hours for a post office too.

I as you have gathered, I'm annoyed about this

To elaborate on this, a good while ago, I wanted to pay the £4.40 and the Chesser  teller told me it was only £2.86, I insisted on paying the £4.40, reluctantly she charged it at this, writing on the package, " that customer insisted". I charge what it returns to the customer, My to their revenue is at times 30% of the work I do.

6 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Sorry that just took me back to their shitty  website complaints procedure, I DO NOT WANT to make a financial claim, just do no want, their staff to be so unqualified they rip people off !

No offence bud, but for the sake of £2 or so and your sanity I’d just let it go. Different if it was several hundred pounds? 

As I say, no offence! 

1 minute ago, Cygnet said:

No offence bud, but for the sake of £2 or so and your sanity I’d just let it go. Different if it was several hundred pounds? 

As I say, no offence! 

I'm a wee bit mad (some would say totally) £2-£200, there's right and wrong, money is not the issue for me. How about if it was for somebody who it matters to? are they going to argue with the official person in the post office ? £1. whatever it it is, buys you another tin or two of beans.

My issue, is what i charge my customers and they pay me, why should they pay more for me to returning something to them, it cost them less to send to me ?

6 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

I'm a wee bit mad (some would say totally) £2-£200, there's right and wrong, money is not the issue for me. How about if it was for somebody who it matters to? are they going to argue with the official person in the post office ? £1. whatever it it is, buys you another tin or two of beans.

My issue, is what i charge my customers and they pay me, why should they pay more for me to returning something to them, it cost them less to send to me ?

I agree with you bud, I just don’t think you’ll get much of a response from the RM so you’re better saving your effort. 

Enjoy your evening mate. 👍🍺

25 minutes ago, Cygnet said:

I agree with you bud, I just don’t think you’ll get much of a response from the RM so you’re better saving your effort. 

Enjoy your evening mate. 👍🍺

If some of us don't make an effort, it just goes on and on, the postmistress smirk told me that, what can you do , nothing, Maybe Joane Cherry  can, this it'll nuzzles her taste buds ?

1 hour ago, Jambothump said:

If some of us don't make an effort, it just goes on and on, the postmistress smirk told me that, what can you do , nothing, Maybe Joane Cherry  can, this it'll nuzzles her taste buds ?

For the sake of two pounds your wanting to change the world. 

Settle. 

Have a beverage, chill, breathe and re evaluate your anger to something worthwhile. 

There are always jobsworths in this world 

Unknown user

Always pick battles that are small enough to win but big enough to matter, best advice I ever got. That, and never act in anger.

You'll get lost in their official complaint procedure. You might get your 2 quid back, but you'll be met by people who don't really give a **** because you're just another number they want off their complaint stats. It'll make zero difference to them as a company, the complaints department are just there to absorb shit, not to fix procedures etc.

Good luck though.

Better call Saul

Was it not just an operator error?   Maybe needs a Bit of training! 

Edited by Ferris Bueller

davemclaren
22 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Sounds like it to me. 

Shanks said no

When Royal Mail introduced their postal rates a number of years ago that were based on package size, thickness and weight they were the only postal service in Europe to use all 3 criteria. It was a deliberate ploy to rip off customers.

2 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

Very true,and my whole point, so annoying, that do not people know the job they are doing in a public service. Joanna Cherry, you have Got this coming your way, that lady cares and makes sure her office gets results. This is minor, but the overall results and implications could be major.

Better call Saul
7 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Very true,and my whole point, so annoying, that do not people know the job they are doing in a public service. Joanna Cherry, you have Got this coming your way, that lady cares and makes sure her office gets results. This is minor, but the overall results and implications could be major.

I feel your pain if you've been overcharged ( likely in error) but Holy shit mate it happens everywhere I was over charged in Morrisons for a battery charger I complianed they gave their  apologies I was happy I didn't think it was fraud... on the other hand I was charged 2 quid less than what was on the ticket for a bottle of wine in a nisa down south I only noticed when I got home.. What goes around etc. 

36 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry but your MP is going to think you’re off your trolley demanding they get involved because you were overcharged £1.54 in the post office.

No offence meant!

Yes, but if they’re doing that to everyone then they’ll be raking in a fortune. Safe in the knowledge that people won’t complain over the sake of a couple of quid.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife’s mum sent her a birthday card through the post. Just a standard birthday card. She put a first class stamp on it. We get a card through the post saying that there was insufficient postage on it and we had to pay the extra £1.50 to get it.

On what planet does it cost over 2 quid to send a ******** birthday card?

Robbing ***** 🤬

A lot has been lost here, they "wished" to over charge me, I argued, didn't pay and went to another post office. I went back to currie post office showed them my receipt, still the supervisor declared the methods they worked on, prior to the 8th April 2018, I have the Royal Mail memo on my phone. The reason being, I was posting an item, I wished to send as small package, the teller said it is large letter, costing less, I'd charged my customer for a small package and insisted I pay that. Teller not happy, wrote on package, "customer insists on higher charge".

1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Sorry but your MP is going to think you’re off your trolley demanding they get involved because you were overcharged £1.54 in the post office.

No offence meant!

This is one of the institutes of what is left of our country working fraudulently under privatisation, I think our elected MP maybe interested in that ? The level of £1.54 is nota the issue, multiply that by  x times 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, but if xthey’re doing that to everyone then they’ll be raking in a fortune. Safe in the knowledge that people won’t complain over the sake of a couple of quid.

A couple of weeks ago, my wife’s mum sent her a birthday card through the post. Just a standard birthday card. She put a first class stamp on it. We get a card through the post saying that there was insufficient postage on it and we had to pay the extra £1.50 to get it.

On what planet does it cost over 2 quid to send a ******** birthday card?

Robbing ***** 🤬

Someone's getting it, on average, I spend £70 per week returning customers repaired items, the majority are £7.40 "special delivery",  to dealers, who, this is their business. Then I get, customers, who have a one off sentimental item to repair, where I want to keep costs low, but I'll never send anything, unless it is to be minimum "signed for".

Edited by Jambothump
Per week

Bridge of Djoum
20 hours ago, Jambothump said:

Had a woman today wanted to charge me £4.40 for a £2.86 item, long story, but i cant find anywhere to report her and her supervisors compliance for this over charging. I told them Id report them, but on royal mail  website there is no where to actually do it (get led back to a shitty site). BTW Chesser Asda is nop notch for post Office, nice friendly staff, and know their stuff, open crazy hours for a post office too.

I as you have gathered, I'm annoyed about this

You're confusing Royal Mail with the Post Office. 

Bridge of Djoum
18 hours ago, redjambo said:

You could could try the Daily Mail letters page.

Dear Deidre might be better for him.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Writing to an MSP because of £1.54?

:laugh: 

Joanna Cherry isn't even the MSP for Currie either.

No she's the MP richard.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're confusing Royal Mail with the Post Office. 

Quite possible ? So who do the post offices answer to ?

Phil Dunphy
10 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

No she's the MP richard.

You can call me names all you want, you're talking about writing to Parliament about £1.54.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

Post Office Ltd is a state owned company, Royal Mail Ltd is a PLC owned by shareholders.

1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You can call me names all you want, you're talking about writing to Parliament about £1.54.

You are waste of time, in my case it's not about any financial loss, try to follow and understand, I know it's difficult for you. 

This is about a national institution having rules and standards to work by, and working out with these parameters, to their customers detriment.

56 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Post Office Ltd is a state owned company, Royal Mail Ltd is a PLC owned by shareholders.

WOW, so, post office staff are basically civil servants then ?

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Jambothump said:

WOW, so, post office staff are basically civil servants then ?

No, civil servants are employed by the government, post office staff are employed by a company. 

But,

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

No, civil servants are employed by the government, post office staff are employed by a company. 

to quote you, Post Office is a state owned company, answerable not to shareholders ? Sub-contracted by the state ?

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

But,

to quote you, Post Office is a state owned company, answerable not to shareholders ? Sub-contracted by the state ?

It's a company, not a government department. People employed by HM Customs & Excise are civil servants, people employed by Post Office Ltd aren't. 

Phil Dunphy
30 minutes ago, Jambothump said:

You are waste of time, in my case it's not about any financial loss, try to follow and understand, I know it's difficult for you. 

This is about a national institution having rules and standards to work by, and working out with these parameters, to their customers detriment.

Yeah, I'm a waste of your hand wringing, letter writing, jimmy rustled time.

£1.54 :rofl: I can see this being quite the hot topic during PMs questions.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, Jambothump said:

Post Office Counters are run by the Post Office. Although they work hand in hand, RM and PO are separate entities. 

Something like that. 

It's got **** all to do with the value, it is the principle of having charged his customer something for postage and then not wanting to be charged a lower, incorrect amount, thereby appearing (wrongly) to the customer to be ripping them off, thereby potentially losing repeat business. Quite a reasonable complaint if you ask me.  

33 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

It's got **** all to do with the value, it is the principle of having charged his customer something for postage and then not wanting to be charged a lower, incorrect amount, thereby appearing (wrongly) to the customer to be ripping them off, thereby potentially losing repeat business. Quite a reasonable complaint if you ask me.  

I've often noticed that the amount of postage paid for items received has been less than what I paid. I just assumed that any difference was because I was paying for 'postage and packing'. and not just postage.  I'm going to keep on thinking that, as I've got enough to seethe about. 

3 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I know what you're saying. But a thoosand people over the weeks soon adds up.

I'm a bit confused masel. Did royal mail get sold off for peanuts by Vince fecking Cable. Or was that the P.O?

Anyway, This could all be a genuine mistake and he's thrown a wobbler at the lassie and she's not taken too kindly to his attitude and now he's trying to get the poor woman the sack for 30 Bob .

:interehjrling:

And I thought the name calling was a bit shite. It makes me think he's in the wrong here.

Edited by ri Alban

Gone downhill since I left in 2002. The post office, not me. I've gone uphill. Is that a thing?

Edited by Jamhammer

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Gone downhill since I left in 2002. The post office, not me. I've gone uphill. Is that a thing?

Skiing?

:troll:

Just now, ri Alban said:

Skiing?

:troll:

I AM Eddie the eagle. (Not the one who says Whelan has signed though. Aint got a death wish)

29 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I AM Eddie the eagle. (Not the one who says Whelan has signed though. Aint got a death wish)

:facepalm:

Hopefully a couple of the lads won't see your reply, bud. :D

47 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:facepalm:

Hopefully a couple of the lads won't see your reply, bud. :D

Balls. That never occurred to me

I can order goods for about 50p, delivery included, from AliExpress in China. Royal Mail delivers them to me. They can't be making much if anything from that transaction. Anyone got an insight? 

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Smack said:

I can order goods for about 50p, delivery included, from AliExpress in China. Royal Mail delivers them to me. They can't be making much if anything from that transaction. Anyone got an insight? 

They do bulk discounts

Look at Wporldofbooks on Amazon. They can sell you a book for £2.30 inlcuding postage. I sell books. The minimum I can send the books for is the cost of the book plus £2.90 for postage. It's killed the independent second hand bookshops

World of books pay around 37p per item i think for sending small parcels

Edited by scott herbertson