Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

2 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

Your so negative it's unbelievable, I pitty the people who have to sit near you at Tynecastle, assuming you go of course!!

You assume correctly.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Its maybe This

giphy (2).gif

Are you suggesting it's not "eye bleeding Fitbaw"?

1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

I'll bet you've never written a truer word.

What kept you Al?? 😉

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Most Hearts supporters I encounter share my opinion that Levein needs to go.

If you are looking for the person “sucking the life” out of the Hearts support its our current Manager!

I think he should go but he hasnt and not much i can do about it.

New season upon us and a few new faces i hope levein proves you,me and all the others wrong

BarneyBattles44
1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Are you suggesting it's not "eye bleeding Fitbaw"?

Sucked the life out of me

1 minute ago, Soapy Soutar said:

I think he should go but he hasnt and not much i can do about it.

New season upon us and a few new faces i hope levein proves you,me and all the others wrong

So do I starting on Sunday!

4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If you are looking for the person “sucking the life” out of the Hearts support its our current Manager!

I suspect most Hearts supporters just agree with you and wave a friendly goodbye as they head for the nearest exit.

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Are you putting any young lads up to Cove? That would be of more interest. They start against Edinburgh I believe. Have to be favourites for League 2.

We put Chris Antionazzi to Cove and he scored on his debut there in the league cup.

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Sucked the life out of me

RIP BB44

BarneyBattles44
6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

I suspect most Hearts supporters just agree with you and wave a friendly goodbye as they head for the nearest exit.

Thats not nice 

Always wave back to a fellow Jambo regardless of their ways 

default_waiting.gif

Edited by BarneyBattles44

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Would that be the 574 Hearts supporters who voted for Levein to get punted immediately on the poll on here?? 🤔

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Would that be the 574 Hearts supporters who voted for Levein to get punted immediately on the poll on here?? 🤔

13k blind moronic heid in the sand lunatics bought season tickets in the real world.

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

Thats not nice 

Always wave back to a fellow Jambo

default_waiting.gif

Only the middle aged ones because it's becoming apparent that the lunatic fringe are the "young team" and the "auld main standers" who are so used to our years of success.

5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

13k blind moronic heid in the sand lunatics bought season tickets in the real world.

Yeh heard that shit before!

In the real world I bought my ST as I have done for the last umpteen years.

Like many others it was bought NOT as a sign of support for Craig Levein, it was bought because we are loyal and support Hearts football team regardless who the Manager is!

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

As she has admitted neither does she.... 

...but at least she has admitted it and doesn't try to make out she's a footballing expert. That's the difference!

Siphiwe Tshabalala

We could sign Xavi for all I care, the ball will bypass the midfield anyway, what’s the point!

Just now, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

We could sign Xavi for all I care, the ball will bypass the midfield anyway, what’s the point!

Get your hard hat on - the Happy Clappers are out in force tonight! 😉

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yeh heard that shit before!

In the real world I bought my ST as I have done for the last umpteen years.

Like many others it was bought NOT as a sign of support for Craig Levein, it was bought because we are loyal and support Hearts football team regardless who the Manager is!

Which makes it all the stranger why you come on here and actively attempt to stop supporters feeling excited and look forward to the coming season, in actual fact if you put of one single supporter by your incessant negativity your harming the club you portray to support.

Baffling.

Just now, Artful Dodger said:

Which makes it all the stranger why you come on here and actively attempt to stop supporters feeling excited and look forward to the coming season, in actual fact if you put of one single supporter by your incessant negativity your harming the club you portray to support.

Baffling.

You really believe I would put off a Hearts fan supporting Hearts or going to a game because of my opinion of Craig Levein’s brand of football?? 😳

Jeez I never knew I had that power!!!

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

...but at least she has admitted it and doesn't try to make out she's a footballing expert. That's the difference!

I doubt there's an owner/CEO in the world that's a football expert, plenty managers aren't.

What I'll say is, Ann is now an experienced Football club owner and that is something we should be very pleased with.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You really believe I would put off a Hearts fan supporting Hearts or going to a game because of my opinion of Craig Levein’s brand of football?? 😳

Jeez I never knew I had that power!!!

Correct, the 13k season ticket holders have proved that. 

I'm talking about 1. 

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

I doubt there's an owner/CEO in the world that's a football expert, plenty managers aren't.

What I'll say is, Ann is now an experienced Football club owner and that is something we should be very pleased with.

Ann has done a fantastic job at Hearts in terms of financial and off field issues.

She has however a blind eye with regards to Craig Levein which I hope will not ultimately ruin her legacy.

Robbo-Jambo
56 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wonder if he should go see the sports psychiatrist that Mulraney went to see last season. Also I think his confidence is shot to pieces, either he should get a loan where he can score to get it up or I think he has rarely played alongside Naismith, so get Naismith to take him under his wing.

His wings are full just now. 

Clare under one and Uche under the other. 

Don't think Wighton has the drive to make the grade at this level tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Correct, the 13k season ticket holders have proved that. 

I'm talking about 1. 

Eh?? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

In the real world 13k have bought season tickets because they are Hearts supporters. Most will do so regardless of who the head coach is; many in spite of who the head coach is. 

13k Season ticket sales or, indeed, 8k FOH contributions, are not an endorsement of Craig Levein. 

Very few will be "blind, moronic, heid in the sand lunatics". 

You probably know them. 

BarneyBattles44
19 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

These

Edited by BarneyBattles44

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

In the real world 13k have bought season tickets because they are Hearts supporters. Most will do so regardless of who the head coach is; many in spite of who the head coach is. 

13k Season ticket sales or, indeed, 8k FOH contributions, are not an endorsement of Craig Levein. 

Very few will be "blind, moronic, heid in the sand lunatics". 

You probably know them. 

Exactly!! 👍

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Zico said:

It’s absolutely coincemental that all of the dickheads that I have on ignore (whose comments are quoted) are pretty much the only people who are negative on this, and virtually any other signing. Incredible. 

Of all the not-actually-real-words that are used on the internet, this one's probably the one that has most merit to actually be one!

20 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Exactly!! 👍

How exactly.

The 13k die hards isn't in question, its the missing 5k we need to keep away fans out of Tynecastle, with the minority spouting about how much of a poor experience it is really won't help. 

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Vlad the impaler said:

The best post Iv read on here in years...Bravo Sir👏🏼

I can only assume you've read a grand total of about two posts on here in years!

BarneyBattles44
49 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

These uns

0_19016209.jpg

chuck berrys hairline

Topping up someone's pension fund again! Why can't we just do an exciting signing for once. Boy looks worse off than your postie. If this is our marquee 🤭🤣🤪 seasons a write off sadly

BarneyBattles44

According to the irishmirror 

Whelan could be available on Sunday if signed 

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Glenn Whelan would be a cracking signing but after reading through this car crash, I'm no clearer as to whether he's signed or not.

Of course he would!  The only thing this cluster**** of a thread makes clearer is that there are a significant number posters on jkb that are complete and utter idiots. Not that that was really in doubt beforehand! 

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Just skimmed over last few pages all ive got is whelan has signed but hasnt.

Bozanic is slow as **** and cant pass a ball because he is out of position

CL is trying to recreate the 86 team

Oh and wighton is pish

Don't forget Naismith is de facto manager!

FarmerTweedy
34 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Topping up someone's pension fund again! Why can't we just do an exciting signing for once. Boy looks worse off than your postie. If this is our marquee 🤭🤣🤪 seasons a write off sadly

He was a significant player in Villa getting promoted to the EPL last season. If you actually believe what you've posted here, it's quite remarkable that you're even able to operate the device you used to post it!

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Accept for appointing and keeping blind faith in the failed Manager who runs the football side....

It’s EXCEPT. 🙄

1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

How exactly.

The 13k die hards isn't in question, its the missing 5k we need to keep away fans out of Tynecastle, with the minority spouting about how much of a poor experience it is really won't help. 

Are you actually suggesting that one or two posters on JKB have influenced 5,000 Hearts supporters that read JKB so much that they will not go to games at Tynecastle?

Sorry for the edit but I forgot to mention that I am asking the question for a friend all 5000 of them to be exact

Edited by 7628mm

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

13,000 Hearts fans still alive and kicking despite two years of Levein’s vampiric attacks. 

Finlay James

Quality signing if this happens.  Whelan has been a top player in the EPL and championship for years and would do wonders for a season for the likes of Cochrane and Irving.

Well done again Mr Levein, transfer business has been top drawer this window 👏👏

1 year older than Scott Brown. Similar roles... better player?

Not seen enough of Whelan to compare but would Brown have been first pick at Villa last year? Not so sure.

Our 3rd league game just got interesting

6 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

These uns

0_19016209.jpg

Genuinely thought the clapper front left  was the same oblivious guy in the Lennon pic we all love :lol:

5 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s EXCEPT. 🙄

You'll get a response that riffs on the word 'except' or 'accept' while criticising Levein.  With an exclamation mark at the end!

Eg. "Well I accept it is time for Levein to go!"

2 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think he’ll sign.

i also don.t know if would be a good signing. He has good pedigree but his age is a concern. His CV is probably not a million miles away from someone like Hughes (different position) I think Hughes was a poor signing.

Better players with better pedigree have come up here and you would expected them to rip this league a part and hasn’t happened.

That said equally he could prove that age is just a number and be a dominating performer for us.

I’m in meh camp and we will need to wait and see, much like the team, how it goes if he were to sign.

Thanks for brining thread back to topic, thought I was on wrong page for a while.

10 hours ago, gedster said:

If we're  loaning out Wighton, a player we allegedly paid a hefty fee for then this is unacceptable for Hearts. Embarrassing that a player we paid money for is so far removed from the quality required that we may punt him elsewhere like Edwards last season. Piss poor signing but the club at fault for this and not him.

Have to disagree with the bit in bold. Given on opportunity at a big club and has not taken it. Has shown a real lack of desire, IMO when he has had a chance. Has looked like a rabbit in the headlights at times. Don't think the performances/crowd have helped him but that's what being at a big club is about. He has to take a lot of the blame for his failure, albeit his injuries haven't helped. Can be added to a very long list of players who just couldn't cut it here.

6 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

i also don.t know if would be a good signing. He has good pedigree but his age is a concern. His CV is probably not a million miles away from someone like Hughes (different position) I think Hughes was a poor signing.

Hughes had spent his prior seasons in Australia and India and before that he barely got any game time for Brighton in the Championship.

Whelan played 38 games for Aston Villa last season and, by all accounts, had an excellent second half of the season.

They might have similar CVs but, crucially, the most recent part of Whelan's looks far better.

Tennant's  6's

Whelan would be a superb signing.

Unlike Hughes, he still has plenty left in the tank, and would add some much needed character & desire to the team. 

Would love to get Morrison too. Two quality players who the younger lads could learn from.

6 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Did you type that while your brain was out for a walk?

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

I don’t think he’ll sign.

Better players with better pedigree have come up here and you would expected them to rip this league a part and hasn’t happened.

That said equally he could prove that age is just a number and be a dominating performer for us.

I’m in meh camp and we will need to wait and see, much like the team, how it goes if he were to sign.

Why don't you think he will sign?

• davemclaren locked this topic