Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

29 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Who told you that mashino has signed?

Hey at least you got the goalkeeper thing right....even though you didn't know his name, nationality or club. Big scoop for you there.😂😂😂😂

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

A lot of folk hear a lot of things. Aka talking shite. 

I never hear anything.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Hey at least you got the goalkeeper thing right....even though you didn't know his name, nationality or club. Big scoop for you there.😂😂😂😂

:jjyay:

6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

How very condescending! 

Not only do you speak down to me as if I've never ran a business before, but you then tar me with a "Simpleton" brush, if you've built your own business I sincerely hope you don't speak to your employees in the same manner. 

As  a matter of fact, I do run my own business and do rather well at it and have a cosy lifestyle, I don't run it by making the same mistakes over and over and expecting different results though, just like Craig Levein appears to do. 

My position is this, Levein has had more than long enough to turn things around, his tactics are eye bleeding and his substitutions are utterly baffling at times, he plays players out of position, or he plays half fit players risking further injury, his style of play is horrendous to the eye (side baw, side baw, hoooof!), and he has zero plan B!

The fans are now voting with their feet and crowds are dropping, money is leaving the club as a result of his complete and utter mismanagement, and he quite simply needs to go, no ifs, no buts, he's had more than his fair share of time to turn things around, he needs to go!

That said, if he went before these pieces of transfer business were concluded, then it might damage the chances of getting them in, which is why I'm happy for him to oversee getting them in and then he can GTF and let someone else gel the team together. We have a decent squad of players, but we won't do anything letting that utter buffoon stay in charge of the team until October! 

I am pleased for you but you were the one that shows zero respect.   ......"buffoon" - why wouldn't you think other might see you as the clown if you speak to your employees that way. Moderate your language and you will attract similar reasoned response. 

PS I did run my own business for 20 years and know the value of long term planning in the face of adversity. Everybody told me it wouldn't work.

siegementality
2 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Heard Whelan and the Japanese boy have signed. Budge has also knocked on the head any deal for Lafferty and Cummings

If Whelan has signed - IMO - his signing could well save Levein’s job.

Between Whelan and Naismith there should be enough leadership on the park to make up for the lack of leadership off it. 

Another one of Levein’s nine lives used up. Lucky boy!

Edited by siegementality

38 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

😂😂

6 hours ago, Morgan said:

A genius on .net wrote this about Whelan earlier this evening.

I disagree. I've seen a fair bit of him in last few seasons & he's very 1 dimensional & a slow 1 dimensional at that. He'll be employed to try & win the ball then knock it backwards for Berra to Hooooooooof!! I can see merit in most of their signings this summer, even the guys I hadn't heard of, but I'm really totally ok with this one.

How in the name of the great redeemer can he see merit in players he's never heard of?  That's a really special talent.

Special Agent Dale Cooper
6 hours ago, Notts1874 said:

So you have basically admitted you know nothing.👍

True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

If this bloke plays as well as he talks he'll be sensational.  He's been talking for weeks.

16 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Nor me.  Wakened with a Levein induced headache to read that we've apparently signed yet another new team in this transfer window.

What's changed?

The quality is getting better each summer?

The Old Tolbooth
7 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I am pleased for you but you were the one that shows zero respect.   ......"buffoon" - why wouldn't you think other might see you as the clown if you speak to your employees that way. Moderate your language and you will attract similar reasoned response. 

PS I did run my own business for 20 years and know the value of long term planning in the face of adversity. Everybody told me it wouldn't work.

I've seen enough of Levein to form a valid opinion, and it seems I'm not the only one who has this opinion, in fact I'm in the majority now it seems, and the words I use are pretty kind compared to the words others use, you keep your head buried in the sand though pal, there's a good chap. 

7 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

How in the name of the great redeemer can he see merit in players he's never heard of?  That's a really special talent.

Hibs fans are special people hence the special talent - zoomers

Every single year we are told that you often get the chance to sign good quality players towards the end of the transfer window.

Every. Single. Year.

This year it is a stick to beat Levein with.

8 hours ago, siegementality said:

If Whelan has signed - IMO - his signing could well save Levein’s job.

Between Whelan and Naismith there should be enough leadership on the park to make up for the lack of leadership off it. 

Another one of Levein’s nine lives used up. Lucky boy!

Manager signs seemingly better players and ( hopefully ) performances improve. He’s doing something wrong there.  

Heartsofgold

Hopefully today will be the day it’s official and my BP can start to come down to normal levels again. Not going to hold my breath though. 

8 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Wage slip dance off or GTF. 😎

The Treasurer
16 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Wage slip dance off or GTF. 😎

I was just thinking, this could end in a "show me yours" wage slip contest  :laugh2:

3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I was just thinking, this could end in a "show me yours" wage slip contest  :laugh2:

Bot run businesses so we need to see full annual accounts for three years from both to judge. 😊

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Manager signs seemingly better players and ( hopefully ) performances improve. He’s doing something wrong there.  

Manager signs quality players and leaders on the park. Performances continue to be woeful, and disjointed..........Eureka, we have identified the problem!!

Just now, innerjambo said:

Manager signs quality players and leaders on the park. Performances continue to be woeful, and disjointed..........Eureka, we have identified the problem!!

That remains to be seen but if that happens...

No convinced by the “Panic buy” stuff. Is it not the case that both Manchester Clubs were at the Oriam etc regarding the tournament and were very impressed by our set up and ethos that they have approached us with the offer of a loan and we have felt that it was too good to turn down? 🤷🏽‍♂️

BobbyJenkins
6 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

No convinced by the “Panic buy” stuff. Is it not the case that both Manchester Clubs were at the Oriam etc regarding the tournament and were very impressed by our set up and ethos that they have approached us with the offer of a loan and we have felt that it was too good to turn down? 🤷🏽‍♂️

No no no, we are a shambles its as simple as that...zzzzzz

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Bot run businesses so we need to see full annual accounts for three years from both to judge. 😊

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Every single year we are told that you often get the chance to sign good quality players towards the end of the transfer window.

Every. Single. Year.

This year it is a stick to beat Levein with.

You couldn’t make it up really. Every year we have to explain countless times when the deadline is, best time to find available quality, why the new players are not signed before pre-season begins etc etc 

It’s either ignorance, laziness or s*it-stirring. 

59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Everything he does is wrong with some. That’s why more and more need to be put on ignore. 

37 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Eh, they haven’t been on the park at the same time yet. Give them a chance or do you really think we could have signed these guys 6/7 weeks ago? 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I've seen enough of Levein to form a valid opinion, and it seems I'm not the only one who has this opinion, in fact I'm in the majority now it seems, and the words I use are pretty kind compared to the words others use, you keep your head buried in the sand though pal, there's a good chap. 

But the thread is about GLENN WHELAN

Take your CL opinion to the proper thread

The Old Tolbooth
26 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But the thread is about GLENN WHELAN

Take your CL opinion to the proper thread

Nah, the more people that spread the word then the better the message gets across, he needs to go, now! 

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Nah, the more people that spread the word then the better the message gets across, he needs to go, now! 

:rofl: bammer.

1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Bless, there's 3 of you, how cute. :) 

gee it a rest.

pretty sure the thread is about a player not the manager

upgotheheads

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/gary-mackay-i-don-t-see-anyone-being-held-accountable-for-this-ongoing-malaise-at-hearts-1-4982888

I know that Gary Mackay maybe has an axe to grind with CL but most of this is undeniable.

But I'm still hoping that this latest round of signings is the answer.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/gary-mackay-i-don-t-see-anyone-being-held-accountable-for-this-ongoing-malaise-at-hearts-1-4982888

I know that Gary Mackay maybe has an axe to grind with CL but most of this is undeniable.

But I'm still hoping that this latest round of signings is the answer.

And this is in a thread discussing Glenn Whelan because....?

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

And this is in a thread discussing Glenn Whelan because....?

….it has raised the wider issues and context within which Whelan - and the others- have been signed 

Just now, upgotheheads said:

….it has raised the wider issues and context within which Whelan - and the others- have been signed 

...and it's also the subject of a separate thread of it's own!

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, RobNox said:

...and it's also the subject of a separate thread of it's own!

….and is still relevant to this thread.

3 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Does it? I've read it 3 times now and see no Whelan reference or even any references to transfers.

upgotheheads
1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Does it? I've read it 3 times now and see no Whelan reference or even any references to transfers.

Given the amount of money we’ve invested in the football team during that time, that is an alarming situation.

1 minute ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Correct, it's not relevant to this thread.  He does however make erroneous comments about FOH funding being spent on coaching staff, which proves he's a slaver who doesn't know what he's talking about.

You're wasting your time trying to reason with the wild-eyed Levein chasers.    Every topic is related to him.

13 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Given the amount of money we’ve invested in the football team during that time, that is an alarming situation.

Right you are :rofl:

Why do hearts take so long to get deals done. Sign whelan or tell him sign by this day or deal off move on to someone else before we lose him like we did with Bryson 

• davemclaren locked this topic