Glenn Whelan signs one year deal with Hearts (title updated)

Roman1874

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BarneyBattles44

• Notts1874

• Victorian

• Morgan

siegementality
1 hour ago, Eddie The Eagle said:

I am as puzzled as everyone else as too why Whelan has not been announced yet 

Still being told its a done deal from a hugely reliable source whom i don't doubt ever 

Who were you before you became Eddie the Eagle?

7 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Eddie The Eaglet.

siegementality
2 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Eddie The Eaglet.

Strictly speaking he would have been Eddie the Embryo.

siegementality
1 minute ago, true-jambo said:

Mystic Meg

That’ll be why you don’t see them in the same room together.

1 minute ago, siegementality said:

Strictly speaking he would have been Eddie the Embryo.

Well aye obviously but an embryo wouldn't get transfer info. Anyway it's Dazza.

siegementality
1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

Well aye obviously but an embryo wouldn't get transfer info. Anyway it's Dazza.

So what does an embryo and Daza have in common? Neither of them gets transfer info.

What’s the difference between an embryo and Daza? An embryo doesn’t make shit up.

Poor old Daza. It was only a matter of time before people clicked that he talked bollocks.

Just now, siegementality said:

So what does an embryo and Daza have in common? Neither of them gets transfer info.

What’s the difference between an embryo and Daza? An embryo doesn’t make shit up.

Poor old Daza. It was only a matter of time before people clicked that he talked bollocks.

Bit harsh mate 😂. He could well be correct, I don't know. He has posted a couple of other things that stack up.

11 minutes ago, siegementality said:

Someone had jealous and ice cream for their dessert this evening...

siegementality
3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Bit harsh mate 😂. He could well be correct, I don't know. He has posted a couple of other things that stack up.

Not at all harsh. He had decent info re Naismith the first time round and Lafferty. 

Since then he’s played the percentage game - stating players who we were rumoured to be interested in were in talks/signing - and has been caught out.

His latest one “Welcome Glen” who has 100% signed has been proven, again, to be crap. Levein stated - after the embryo had said Whelan had signed - that discussions were ongoing. The latest newspaper reports state that Daly is hoping to convince Whelan to sign and it may be the middle of the week. 

The embryo has talked bollocks for a while and more people have clicked to it.

Creating a whole new account to come out with fantasy stuff. The new Irvine Jambo 😂😂😂😂😂😂

siegementality
2 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Someone had jealous and ice cream for their dessert this evening...

Jealous that someone talks bollocks? Eh, no.

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Not at all harsh. He had decent info re Naismith the first time round and Lafferty. 

Since then he’s played the percentage game - stating players who we were rumoured to be interested in were in talks/signing - and has been caught out.

His latest one “Welcome Glen” who has 100% signed has been proven, again, to be crap. Levein stated - after the embryo had said Whelan had signed - that discussions were ongoing. The latest newspaper reports state that Daly is hoping to convince Whelan to sign and it may be the middle of the week. 

The embryo has talked bollocks for a while and more people have clicked to it.

Creating a whole new account to come out with fantasy stuff. The new Irvine Jambo 😂😂😂😂😂😂

It could be that Whelan is in the same situation that Naismith was regarding an additional '13th month' end of contract payment.

Whelan signed a 2yr contract with Villa on 20th July 2017, so it may be  that he has agreed to sign for us (he trained with the squad on Saturday) but it will be 20th Aug before he actually puts pen to paper with HMFC.  

Edited by ADAM

29 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Can people stop changing their usernames FFS!

Not just usernames.

There is suspicion that some are changing accounts.

It's supposed to be against the rules to have more than one account.

siegementality
11 minutes ago, ADAM said:

It could be that Whelan is in the same situation that Naismith was regarding an addition '13th month' end of contract payment.

Whelan signed a 2yr contract with Villa on 20th July 2017, so it may be  that he has agreed to sign for us (he trained with the squad on Saturday) but it will be 20th Aug before he actually puts pen to paper with HMFC.  

It could be. But ETE said he had signed 100%, “announcement imminently” and that he didn’t know what the hold up was when no announcement was made. Strangely enough I know what the hold up was, because Craig Levein told the EEN.....discussions were ongoing

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-gives-update-on-hearts-pursuit-of-glenn-whelan-1-4976602

Whelan may well sign. But he hasn’t yet. More guesswork that went wrong for Daza, even in his new guise.

siegementality
22 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Has he reached the 18th yet. 

Him and Gareth Bale are doing another 18.

Mr Elwood P
34 minutes ago, siegementality said:

It could be. But ETE said he had signed 100%, “announcement imminently” and that he didn’t know what the hold up was when no announcement was made. Strangely enough I know what the hold up was, because Craig Levein told the EEN.....discussions were ongoing

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/craig-levein-gives-update-on-hearts-pursuit-of-glenn-whelan-1-4976602

Whelan may well sign. But he hasn’t yet. More guesswork that went wrong for Daza, even in his new guise.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/christophe-berra-explains-why-hearts-would-benefit-from-new-signing-s-hunger-1-4977127

Maybe Christophe is Eddie The Eagle?

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Correct. He also should have subbed Berra and Zlamal before they fecked up for the first goal, Walker before their player left him for dead at the third and Dikamona should have been taken off before the penalty despite having been subbed on. Clare as well, he should have been subbed before that shit corner he took.

Levein oot!!!!!

He should have signed a better keeper than Zlamal in the summer.

Clare shouldn’t be starting.

Berra has not looked comfortable in a back 3 since he came back.

And bringing Dikamona on for Souttar was absolutely the wrong decision. If you were there you would have seen how shambolic we were prior to Souttar going off. Making a like for like substitution didn’t change that. Go figure.

2 hours ago, siegementality said:

Eddie the Eaglet?

jamboinglasgow

You know what makes Kickback such a great place these days, that certain posters turn everything into having a go against Levein. I really enjoy people trying to attack any hope or joy I get from following Hearts at the moment.

4 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

You know what makes Kickback such a great place these days, that certain posters turn everything into having a go against Levein. I really enjoy people trying to attack any hope or joy I get from following Hearts at the moment.

Don't let the *******s grind you down man.

Scottish football isn't the best version of the art form and Hearts aren't the best team in the league, they are to me but ye"know, statistically speaking. I wish it were otherwise, but it's not at the moment. It may well be shit, a large percentage of the time, but it's our shit. However the vitriol that some people espouse on here, when talking about Hearts is pitiful. I remain as positive about this season as I was before a baw was kicked, That'll increase when the young fella Whelan signs. Good times ahead I think. Am I a  blind misguided fool, praps. Do I know Jack aboot fitba?mibees aye, mibees naw. People are of course entitled to their opinion. Let freedom reign. Opinions are, as we know, like erses. Everybody has one, some more offensive than others.

C'mon The Mighty JT's

#F the hibs

8 hours ago, siegementality said:

Eggie soon to be an Eagle

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ignore button them.

depressing isn’t the word for some

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yip. Hearts supporters, eh? 

Dallas Green
16 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Correct. Up until the sending off we were looking more likely to get a 3rd. Is that not what everyone has been asking for?? Is to have a go.

He’s as well going now as no matter what he does his position is untenable with a large chunk of fans. The same ones who’ll hound the next guy out, and the next guy, and the next guy.

:spoton:

13 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Nice to see the old Phoodle 'h' making a return via a certain poster in this thread.

'Lhevhein'.

**** sake.

Tbf, it was best ignored, a bit like the poster.

1 hour ago, scratchy said:

Don't let the *******s grind you down man.

Scottish football isn't the best version of the art form and Hearts aren't the best team in the league, they are to me but ye"know, statistically speaking. I wish it were otherwise, but it's not at the moment. It may well be shit, a large percentage of the time, but it's our shit. However the vitriol that some people espouse on here, when talking about Hearts is pitiful. I remain as positive about this season as I was before a baw was kicked, That'll increase when the young fella Whelan signs. Good times ahead I think. Am I a  blind misguided fool, praps. Do I know Jack aboot fitba?mibees aye, mibees naw. People are of course entitled to their opinion. Let freedom reign. Opinions are, as we know, like erses. Everybody has one, some more offensive than others.

C'mon The Mighty JT's

#F the hibs

A really good post which very many will agree with. We all live in hope that things will get better. I'm confident they will. 

One other thing struck me. Your post made me think of lots of guys I knew who are sadly no longer with us. Guys who lived for and loved Hearts. Every single one of them would have loved to be going to the Ross County game on Saturday no matter how crap some people perceive things to be just now. So for feck sake just enjoy being a Jambo while you still can. It's an honour and a privilege after all. 

Hopefully GW will sign this week. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
13 hours ago, Taffin said:

Not sure the guy I spoke to would agree and just over 20 games doesn't sound too key. I really rated Whelan but hardly saw him last season and the lad today said his legs have gone/are going and he thinks he'll struggle with the pace of Scottish football.

Edit: I've spoken to others who rate him still. I just put more faith in the knowledge of the guy I was speaking to today...hopefully he's wrong on this one

I stand to be corrected but I understand those 20 games were predominantly second half of the season and “coincided” with Villa’s run that got them promoted.

11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Have a look at the goals and see if Smith has anything to do with the build up to them, if there was any discernible difference that he made. You’re trying to deflect from the fact that anyone watching that game that has any football knowledge could see Hickey was struggling, and cost us the game.

‘Football knowledge’ from someone who thinks Paul Ritchie was a better player than Craig Levein😂

I have read the thread and

I don't know if EtE is ITK or not but when he says we have interest in a player who is going to sign, that could well be true.  I understand that Lafferty was at Fester Road ready to sign for them but changed his mind and signed for us.  If some vermin ITK had posted Hibs were signing KL they would have been right but it didn't happen.

Deviskan posts a section of a payslip but it doesn't mean that it is his nor does it matter and he is quite right to have said money doesn't matter but he should have just left it at that as few people would have disagreed with him.  Re ITK. he either chooses to believe snippets or he doesn't - no need to get so worked up.

Now, about Whelan.......?

50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Don’t tell me what to do ok, have you picked up on every other post that’s nothing to do with thread or just what you don’t agree with?

You have bombarded this thread with umpteen posts about Sundays match mostly saying the same thing repeatedly.

People are logging in to this thread to read news of an exciting transfer not to read your constant opinions on a match which is now history.

Go to the match thread if you still want to discuss Sunday's game.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

Just money, in reality means feck all and can quickly go as soon as it appears.

Shouldn't have posted the image, but it fairly infuriated me that a poster could denigrate the opinion of anyone else if he believed they earned less money than himself.

In essence, calling anyone that earned low wages scum...whose opinion is worthless.

Fair points. 

Now on to Whelan, no chance of signing him now. He'll be pming you for a joab, save him moving that far as well. 

1 hour ago, TexasAndy said:

So Glenn Whelan????

Thought it is strange Berra is talking about him being a good signing. Maybe he knows something. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

A really good post which very many will agree with. We all live in hope that things will get better. I'm confident they will. 

One other thing struck me. Your post made me think of lots of guys I knew who are sadly no longer with us. Guys who lived for and loved Hearts. Every single one of them would have loved to be going to the Ross County game on Saturday no matter how crap some people perceive things to be just now. So for feck sake just enjoy being a Jambo while you still can. It's an honour and a privilege after all. 

Hopefully GW will sign this week. 

Really liked what you put there m8 " nice comments, let's hope we get a couple of signings that do the biz for us  ...HHGH 🇱🇻🇶🇦🇱🇻🇶🇦👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I stand to be corrected but I understand those 20 games were predominantly second half of the season and “coincided” with Villa’s run that got them promoted.

Sorry I just averaged out his minutes over the season so don't know the split of them. The guy at work said he was mainly used as a sub.

• davemclaren locked this topic