***Official Aberdeen v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Your attitude does not need to be different with those 2 out. 

The quality and decent football will be down with these 2 out, totally agree, but not the attitude and commitment. 

Nobody could question the attitude or commitment yesterday. Quality yes 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Jambof3tornado

• IveSeenTheLight

• Famous 1874

Robbo-Jambo
7 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Nobody could question the attitude or commitment yesterday. Quality yes 

Can't be arsed arguing but spoke to Michael Smith today and the coaching staff were not exactly happy, shall we say with the first half showing. 

So without Naismith and Washington they expected a better showing from the 11 who started. 

Anyway it ended in a bad way and we were all pissed off and show it in different ways. 

I have no axe to grind with you. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Robbo-Jambo
17 hours ago, Gambo said:

Our league record is something like 1 win in 13*, he needs to win the next game and the game after that and the game after that......

*can't be bothered checking so may be wrong but won't be far away.

This. 

34 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't say 90 mins did I? 

How do you know they will be out for 4 games anyway? 

Will we be scared to give them longer this week in case they get injured again? 

Dont think our attitude was right in the first half with many people that were at the game describing us as woeful etc. 

Anyway a football forum is about opinions is it not? 

Surely everyone can have their own say and not agree with you or anyone else who has a different view. 

Or is that not allowed? 

But it’s football nowadays. 

While there’s always one eye on the future, football used to be about caring only about the next game and dealing with whatever comes after. 

Now it seems you have to think

of the next 6 games or whatever. 

I don’t know why some think it would’ve f**ked up either Washington or Naisy to start? I did expect one to start and then replaced with the other but no joy.

Who knows? Maybe if we’d started with one or even two we’d have had 3 points and looking at a very winnable home game this week to get max takings from two games?

Even if it surprisingly caused them a short term relapse we’d still have enough to get the points v RC. But it doesn’t seem to be our strategy. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

But it’s football nowadays. 

While there’s always one eye on the future, football used to be about caring only about the next game and dealing with whatever comes after. 

Now it seems you have to think

of the next 6 games or whatever. 

I don’t know why some think it would’ve f**ked up either Washington or Naisy to start? I did expect one to start and then replaced with the other but no joy.

Who knows? Maybe if we’d started with one or even two we’d have had 3 points and looking at a very winnable home game this week to get max takings from two games?

Even if it surprisingly caused them a short term relapse we’d still have enough to get the points v RC. But it doesn’t seem to be our strategy. 

Well summed up. 

The thing is even with those 2 on the park and leading 2 - 1 with 14 mins left it wasn't a shock to me we still got beat. 

Seen it so many times in the past I suppose 😕

Tynecastle Valhalla

I was encouraged by our spell after we went 2-1 up 

but why don’t we start games like that ?

teams in this league are here for the taking and it’s better to go in front in a game 

Robbo-Jambo
18 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Far too much emphasis on being the "away" team. Hitting teams on the counter invites pressure on us and, as we saw today, that forces mistakes.  How are we supposed to counter when we never ger enough bodies forward to support the lone striker? Happened when Lafferty was top and again today. Long throws and set play routines are what we rely on to create chances. 

CL spends far too much time drilling defensive duties into our more creative players. If we really wanted to counter effectively,  we would leave someone in the centre circle when we defend corners. It's common sense.

Nail on head. 

Robbo-Jambo
3 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

I was encouraged by our spell after we went 2-1 up 

but why don’t we start games like that ?

teams in this league are here for the taking and it’s better to go in front in a game 

That's the thing Aberdeen are not a great team but any away game we go into there is like fear in the air. 

We should be having go but we only seem to do it when we getting beat. 

Dagger Is Back

Just watched the first half. Have seen us play much worse especially away from home.

One thing that struck me was how Aberdeen shared their fouls around. The number of times, they stopped a promising attack by fouling was quite remarkable 

Bazzas right boot

Folk on here looking for us to reverse a global and historic trend of being poorer away from home than at home. 

Have a go. 

Just attack. 

Press high

Like these are some kind of enlightened, never thought of solutions 

If football was that simple, everyone would just "have a go". 

How would that work?

The lack of any common sense on here is astounding. 

On 04/08/2019 at 11:47, IveSeenTheLight said:

I do disagree on both points, but if its going to make you feel any better inside, crack on with your opinion.

I'm sure we can both agree we hope for a good game.

When is your new stadium going to be ready? Pittodrie looking pretty shabby these days especially in the away end with the reduced ticket alllocation

IveSeenTheLight
21 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

When is your new stadium going to be ready? Pittodrie looking pretty shabby these days especially in the away end with the reduced ticket alllocation

Ready for the 2022/23 season I believe.

IveSeenTheLight
9 hours ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Just watched the first half. Have seen us play much worse especially away from home.

One thing that struck me was how Aberdeen shared their fouls around. The number of times, they stopped a promising attack by fouling was quite remarkable 

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

Defence - Stop the play, by whatever means and allow everyone to get back behind the ball to defend the cross.

Attack - Get a foul to put one of the set-play routines into play. (To be fair, you guys do seem to spen some time working on set-pieces)

The red allowed you to play to that game plan as well, he was shocking.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

Defence - Stop the play, by whatever means and allow everyone to get back behind the ball to defend the cross.

Attack - Get a foul to put one of the set-play routines into play. (To be fair, you guys do seem to spen some time working on set-pieces)

The fouls count was closer than you suspected, in fact after your bet we'd have more fouls I kept an eye on it, you had more fouls the entire game right up until our red card. 

When down to ten we obviously fouled more and you less as you had the ball, we then had more fouls at the end, but up until 80 minutes you led the foul count. 

The trend of the home team winning continued,  and you got your win and taken advantage of individual mistakes. Congratulations. 

Dagger Is Back
23 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

Yes seriously.

Watch the first half back again and count up the number of fouls Aberdeen commit when halting Hearts attacks. 

I reckon you’ll get to at least 8 and unless I’m mistaken, not one yellow, including Considines poleaxing

kingantti1874
56 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

:rofl:Aberdeen are exactly the same, but you are much much better at diving which also breaks up play. 

IveSeenTheLight
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

:rofl:Aberdeen are exactly the same, but you are much much better at diving which also breaks up play. 

I know it’s eye bleeding football you are watching, but it helps if you open your eyes ;)

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

Both teams were giving as good as they got in the physical stuff.

One team got on with it, the other squealed like a stuck sheep at the slightest contact.

The ref was never in control of the game

Forever Hearts
4 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I know it’s eye bleeding football you are watching, but it helps if you open your eyes ;)

Nobody is denying that Hearts know how to mix it but Aberdeen are every bit as bad, if not worse. How Ferguson and Considine escaped bookings for their challenges is beyond me. 

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

As much as I dislike the cod molesters, you're right. This was our game plan up until Naismith came on - we never looked like scoring from open play until the subs. 

Once Naismith and Washington came on we actually looked like a team capable of playing football and think we were pretty unlucky to come away with nothing. 

Aberdeen don't exactly play attractive football but it is a damn site nicer to watch than us without Naismith on the pitch.

Nookie Bear

Seriously????

That is Hearts gameplay.

That wasn't the game plan, it was just the actions of a team that didn't know what to do.

You can GTF with your ref comments though.

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Nobody is denying that Hearts know how to mix it but Aberdeen are every bit as bad, if not worse. How Ferguson and Considine escaped bookings for their challenges is beyond me. 

The referee was absolute mince.

Logan got booked for what was a similar challenge that Walker did on Considine with no foul given

IveSeenTheLight
2 hours ago, E6 Inc said:

As much as I dislike the cod molesters, you're right. This was our game plan up until Naismith came on - we never looked like scoring from open play until the subs. 

Once Naismith and Washington came on we actually looked like a team capable of playing football and think we were pretty unlucky to come away with nothing. 

Aberdeen don't exactly play attractive football but it is a damn site nicer to watch than us without Naismith on the pitch.

Naismith definitely changed the way you played.

You must be desperate for him to stay fit and play.

We play a damn sight better than we did last year.

Were trying to get the ball down this year which is making a difference.

How we never scored from the short corner, Wright backheel to Gallagher who drilled it across to Wilson who then balloned it over the bar.

That should have been a goal

TyphoonJambo
30 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Logan got booked for what was a similar challenge that Walker did on Considine with no foul given

And the foul on Uche, immediately prior to the first goal why wasn't that given? 

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, TypoonJambo said:

And the foul on Uche, immediately prior to the first goal why wasn't that given? 

Both McKenna and Ikpeazu were equally grappling with each other all game, including that incident.

ikpeazu looked like he wanted to haul McKenna’s shirt off him before he moved on. ;)

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

If you watch them again Walker got the ball and was kicked, Mulraney also got the ball and was kicked. The ref was awful for both teams, as I watched the game on red tv it was obvious to see both sides. I think you created two chances and we had three, it was two teams with big lumps up front. It hinged on our manager leaving a naive  17 yo on the pitch when it was clear what was likely to happen.

19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you watch them again Walker got the ball and was kicked, Mulraney also got the ball and was kicked. The ref was awful for both teams, as I watched the game on red tv it was obvious to see both sides. I think you created two chances and we had three, it was two teams with big lumps up front. It hinged on our manager leaving a naive  17 yo on the pitch when it was clear what was likely to happen.

FFS how many times do you have to mention the same thing?

• 1 month later...
On 04/08/2019 at 17:48, Debut 4 said:

A few players quite anon just now really. 

The system doesn’t help but it would be ****in nice if there was more courage in the players themselves. 

just about to post. Sean Clare starts every game this season. Nil point. He comes off at 1-0 down and we win 2-1.. I rest my case.