Tranent & Haddington

Jamboross

29 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Do you get banned from taking advantage of all that by moving out of the city like? I love Edinburgh, there's no where I'd rather live, but at my end of the market the vast majority of 2 bed housing is in absolute shite hole areas and the ones that aren't generally need a fair amount of work done then when the odd gem does come up the competition is fierce. 

It's a balancing act. Moving to Musselburgh, Wallyford, the Pans, Tranent etc I'm still close enough to take advantage of all the best bits of the city but can enjoy a bigger range of housing that I can actually afford with no shortage of transport links. Hell there's even night buses to Dunbar running until about 3am, not that I last that long on a night out these days anyway, so I'll not be missing much! 

I didnt say that, I pointed out that being close to that IS the value in an Edinburgh house. Theres more to house value that how many square foot you have. My sister has a nice house in Parkgrove that was a decent price at around £200k. 

The 3am to Dunbar sounds like a ride and a half....! 

Edited by The Brow

As someone who had to spend about 6 months using the 26 anytime I wanted to get into town to see a mate or go to a Hearts game from Port Seton I'd advise against moving out this way if you don't drive. The train was easier but the station in Pans was 30 minute walk from the house (no bus to take you there) and cost about £5 return.

26 (serves Port Seton and Tranent, 2 different services) take just over an hour to get into town but think the 44 which serves Wallyford and Musselburgh is a bit quicker. 

Theres really not much in the way of nightlife but if you venture into town you run the risk of falling asleep on the hour long journey, or indeed getting on the wrong 26 and ending up in Tranent when you wanted Seton Sands. 

John mcCartney
On 30/07/2019 at 14:51, jack D and coke said:

It’s high time they did imo. They’re chucking up literally hundreds and hundreds of houses from pans, wallyford, strawberry corner and elsewhere and doing nothing to the infrastructure anywhere. Everybody piling onto the bypass will be great. 

bin a major concern of mine for a long time now.....the *******s councils,landowners are in no doubt a few ways hoovering up payments from all em housebuilders and disregarding the infrastructure.They arent giving a monkeys.....
Heading home and clocking the 2 mile tailback on Seafield road as the East Lothian punters are heading home often seen is fecking brutal.........and dont get me started on em car transporters sometimes unloading on the dual carriageway section,even at peak time !!!!!!