• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Tasavallan

• shaun.lawson

On 26/07/2019 at 23:16, Maroon Sailor said:

Could be dead and buried if they don't prove their financial viability on Monday

All the money sloshing around in the EFL but another club hitting skid row

Thought sellec and the tribute act fancy the english league.......Why not buy bury and Bolton run from glasgow  apparently they'd be top 4 in the premiership in no time..............and we could cleanse scottish football of their utter filth!! make it so GFA

It’s clear to me that Steve Dale bought the club for a £1, has lost his own money during his ownership - to a point where he has no money left to go forward and now won’t sell unless his losses are covered plus he is financially stable too. 

On 15/08/2019 at 19:42, FORTHCLYDE said:

The true facts seem to be hidden. They owner wants the new buyer to pay £13 million debt. 

But new buyer does not. Also different stories being told to Football League. 

Local MP wants City and United to bail them out! But no way would they pay £6.5 million each.

On 16/08/2019 at 19:05, eyesandears said:

Yes, and he's not the only one. The EFL were asleep at the wheel when Stewart Day sold to him for a £1 back in December and Steve Dale glides in with no checks on his ability or willingness to fund the club. I have huge sympathy for their fans as their club is now on the very edge of existence due to the current and past owners' largesse and egos and a poorly governed governing body.

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He sounds dodgy as f}^{ thank god we dont have to worry about finances for the first time in 40 years.

Making money out of struggling companies is a fairly common practice. 

Even if they are kicked out he might still be on to something. And worth the punt. 

Maroon Sailor

The EFL look like they've hung one of their clubs out to dry and are willing to wash their hands with a 134 year old football club.

Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

The EFL look like they've hung one of their clubs out to dry and are willing to wash their hands with a 134 year old football club.

Won twice the FA Cup.

John Findlay
On 22/08/2019 at 11:09, The Treasurer said:

Sky's "in depth" look at Scottish football would disappear altogether if they didn't have an interview with slippy G followed by an advert for the next OF game

Perfectly summed up in the paragraph above.

letsalldothebeattie

Sad to see the club going through this trouble, would like to see them find some sort of resolution to this matter before end of the day but looking less and less likely. Cant help but think about us just a few short years ago and how close we came, thankfully we had Ann & FOH sadly doesn't look like Bury will have that same white knight

3 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There is talk of an extension.

They should suspend the action and have a total revamp of their rules. Plenty time to make up the fixtures. 

Act quickly enough on minor issues. 

On 16/08/2019 at 06:51, E6 Inc said:

If either of the ugly sisters had any real ambition to move to the English leagues they would buy a 'going-bust' team, turn it into a feeder team and apply for them to be moved to Glasgow. 

I'm actually really surprised they never have.

Rumours about them buying Carlisle a while back. Blyth would fit the bill. 

I was amazed when Wimbledon went bust, Vinnie Jones didn’t try and put a consortium of some sort together.

Some of the crazy gang made a name for themselves at Wimbledon and went on to good things.

Hope this is true. The whole thing stinks as read that someone connected to the owner bought the debt and was looking for a significant payment for it

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The Neville brothers have been very quiet about this crisis. It's their home town club and they are not short of a bob or two

Chose to plough their money into a pub team rather than invest in the future of a club steeped in history that employed their parents for 30 years.  Utter scumbags, the pair of them.

On 27/07/2019 at 09:59, sassenach said:

All the talk of a financial bonanza in English football is a bit of an illusion for most, I'm afraid.

Take my local club Middlesbrough - they're generally around the playoff zone, quite often in the Premier League, and have twice been in the UEFA group stages within the last 15 years including a final. Add in frequent parachute money and you would imagine they would be doing OK financially.

The facts are that their losses are only kept manageable by the profits of the chairman's other companies, otherwise they'd be in a terrible state.

The money coming into English football only goes on crazy transfer fees and wages without any increase in quality, and in the case of medium-sized clubs like Boro with an ever-decreasing possibly of any actual success on the field (I don't class mere survival in the Premier League as "success").

I just thank my lucky stars that I discovered Hearts.

Pass the parcel is a good laugh till you get a jobby at the end

26 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Last minute deals can be agreed...

Maybe.

Hope it is for £0.50, Steve Dale doesn’t deserve to make any money.

The stress he’s put everyone involved at Bury through is unforgivable.

1 hour ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Chose to plough their money into a pub team rather than invest in the future of a club steeped in history that employed their parents for 30 years.  Utter scumbags, the pair of them.

Your personal comments are a joke

you have no right to tell them how to spend their money and perhaps you could tell us what makes them scumbags as you put it.

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Your personal comments are a joke

you have no right to tell them how to spend their money and perhaps you could tell us what makes them scumbags as you put it.

I don’t think the Nevilles’s post on here so I’ll take the risk of getting too personal.  Sorry if I struck a nerve by criticising a couple of ex England footballers on a Hearts forum!

The hypocrisy makes them scumbags in my eyes.  Playing the “aw, what a shame card” and pointing the finger when they could have done something about it.  If they’d just kept their mouths shut I wouldn’t have bothered, but they have to be centre of attention, they can’t ****ing help themselves.

It’s their home club and a huge part of their life.  It’s a club that employed their parents for decades and probably helped them get into the game through that exposure.  

22 minutes ago, Crete said:

It makes us realise how lucky Hearts are to have Ann Budge as our owner.

hopefully Bury can be saved.

Absolutely this 👍.

4 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I don’t think the Nevilles’s post on here so I’ll take the risk of getting too personal.  Sorry if I struck a nerve by criticising a couple of ex England footballers on a Hearts forum!

The hypocrisy makes them scumbags in my eyes.  Playing the “aw, what a shame card” and pointing the finger when they could have done something about it.  If they’d just kept their mouths shut I wouldn’t have bothered, but they have to be centre of attention, they can’t ****ing help themselves.

It’s their home club and a huge part of their life.  It’s a club that employed their parents for decades and probably helped them get into the game through that exposure.  

I’m guessing the EFL would have an issue with the owners of one member club ploughing millions into another.

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I’m guessing the EFL would have an issue with the owners of one member club ploughing millions into another.

How dare you use logic and common sense...……………..unlike the poster who you were replying to

9 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I was actually referring to them investing in Bury in the first place rather than Salford.  I’m not daft enough to consider what you’re referring to.

Anyway, I just thank my lucky stars that those days are behind us.

7 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

How dare you use logic and common sense...……………..unlike the poster who you were replying to

👏👏👏

7 hours ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I was actually referring to them investing in Bury in the first place rather than Salford.  I’m not daft enough to consider what you’re referring to.

Anyway, I just thank my lucky stars that those days are behind us.

Salford has a really rich investor. They might have 10% each but they are front men. 

Bury would have been much harder. 

The new owners lawyers have to sign something and that can’t be done until Wednesday due to Bank Holiday weekend, yet the EFL have extended the deadline until Tuesday only.

10 hours ago, DesertDawg said:

So, where are the financial regulators in all of this mess?  

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/26/bury-britain-gigg-lane-brexit

That is absolutely nuts!

I sadly expect similar stories will start to play out at other clubs which are being exploited by other parasites (crooks).

Edited by Super T

The group who were going to take them over have pulled out of the deal.

Unless something drastic happens within the next couple of hours, Bury will be kicked out of the league.

Doesn't seem like an isolated case.  In fact, it's similar to some of the stunts that went on at Sevco.

1) Find a bankrupt business with a good cash flow from regular customers. (fans) 

2) Borrow at high interest rates from an offshore entity.

3) Repay high interest loans from new cash flow.

4) Put business into administration when cash used up.

5) Get tax free kickback from offshore loan sharks.

Oh, and transfer ownership for £1 to muddy the water.