Bury

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Could be dead and buried if they don't prove their financial viability on Monday

All the money sloshing around in the EFL but another club hitting skid row

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maroon Sailor

• Mikey1874

• Tasavallan

• shaun.lawson

Would be sad to see that. Got family there and my cousin’s son was on their books a decade or so back. 

Notts County another one not far away from going out the game. Think we can all sympathise. 

6 hours ago, Zico said:

Would be sad to see that. Got family there and my cousin’s son was on their books a decade or so back. 

Notts County another one not far away from going out the game. Think we can all sympathise. 

If you look at it now you think every club in the land would want to be part of the “English” package and more importantly, the revenues that go with it 

That said, the rich get richer with billionaires running the elite who at some point may get fed up with their toys. We know this more than most ..

what happens to the the other teams that try and compete within. Symptoms now showing with select clubs and it has to be a worry for them

long term sustainability if it is there in that league is not for all, but for some. Time will tell 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

This has been on the cards since 2011.

Some of the wages they have dished out on players like Beckford etc has taken its toll. 

Dont live within your means and this is what happens I’m afraid.

upgotheheads

The so-called financial bonanza in English football isn't for everybody, for some it's been a disaster.

Hectormasson
3 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

If you look at it now you think every club in the land would want to be part of the “English” package and more importantly, the revenues that go with it 

That said, the rich get richer with billionaires running the elite who at some point may get fed up with their toys. We know this more than most ..

what happens to the the other teams that try and compete within. Symptoms now showing with select clubs and it has to be a worry for them

long term sustainability if it is there in that league is not for all, but for some. Time will tell 

Surely there must be some local business that could help these clubs out ?   They have fan bases and people who care,  maybe their council people could do more too, these teams bury ,notts county, Bolton  etc are  in the fabric of  the English game,what a shame if they ever happen to go bust " big clubs within the areas could maybe help out with the mega millions they bring in each season ????

9 hours ago, Zico said:

Notts County have just been taken over by a Danish consortium.

This is when clubs find out who their real friends are. The ones who helped us a little bit won't be forgotten.

Maroon Sailor
31 minutes ago, sassenach said:

All the talk of a financial bonanza in English football is a bit of an illusion for most, I'm afraid.

How much will Villa get for winning a match at Wembley ?

Players in the EFL's Leagues One and Two are on more money than they have ever been never mind the players in the Championship.

It is a financial bonanza as the money is in the English game. No fan cares how or where it all comes from but it's there. A fan will only care when it's not there.

Bury fans might have to dig deep again

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Got me thinking, how many other teams' names are verbs? 

Off the top of my head, came up with Hull and Stoke, but there must be more than that... 

8 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

Off the top of my head, came up with Hull and Stoke, but there must be more than that... 

Reading

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Surely there must be some local business that could help these clubs out ?   They have fan bases and people who care,  maybe their council people could do more too, these teams bury ,notts county, Bolton  etc are  in the fabric of  the English game,what a shame if they ever happen to go bust " big clubs within the areas could maybe help out with the mega millions they bring in each season ????

Too true and fully agree 

with the amount of money which is “wasted” down there you would think that for all the waste it could be given to the clubs that need it most. Unfortunately, that won’t happen and the governing bodies wouldn’t push it as a ruling for fear they would upset all of their power spenders at the wealthiest clubs 

there are cracks appearing now which shows that there are deep rooted problems with the set up down there 

Expect some “huge” “unbelievable” “you won’t believe this” type signing or transfer news come Monday if Bury do go tits up. Sky are masters of distraction. Bale will be linked with Spurs or Man United and it will be the full 24 hour news for that day, with a slight 5 minute nod to Bury every now and then. The show must go on. 

Maroon Sailor
34 minutes ago, sassenach said:

It's only a financial bonanza if there's some benefit to be gained from the finance. If clubs with multi-million pound turnovers are still posting 7-figure losses, where's the bonanza?

Clubs are milking the TV money

Clubs like Bournemouth and Watford benefit from that big style

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Hibs.

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Crewe

2 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

This is when clubs find out who their real friends are. The ones who helped us a little bit won't be forgotten.

True. Who were they again?

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Ayr

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Ayr

Bury is a great wee town but suffers being so close to Manchester.

3 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Leeds

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Bury is a great wee town but suffers being so close to Manchester.

Greater Manchester clubs not having a great start to the season. Bolton and Bury deducted 12 points.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Greater Manchester clubs not having a great start to the season. Bolton and Bury deducted 12 points.

Bury bottom on alphabetical order

Bazzas right boot

There's a lot money in England but almost every club is in mountains of debt. 

It makes no sense at all. 

Clubs in the championship paying millions for players, paying millions in wages but are several tens of millions in debt, some hundreds. 

**** knows how it works tbh. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 27/07/2019 at 10:57, Craig_ said:

I know it's a nickname, but what about the Cottagers?

When you think how much money the fat cats of Liverpool and Napoli made yesterday it's very hard hard not to feel sorry for Bury.

Stephen Muddie
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Clubs in the championship paying millions for players, paying millions in wages but are several tens of millions in debt, some hundreds. 

Extend and pretend - same as house price manipulation. Same as money supply manipulation. When everything fecks up they find a way to kick the can. Any way will do. Whole UK fur coats and nae knickers. 

Too big to fail. Not on my watch. Pass the buck. Visual stimulation ;-)

Edited by Stephen Muddie

English clubs are run like governments. Loadsa money kicking around and mountains of debt. Sensible system 🤪🤪🤪

On 27/07/2019 at 11:55, Maroon Sailor said:

Clubs are milking the TV money

Clubs like Bournemouth and Watford benefit from that big style

While they are in the EPL they do, but most of that TV money goes on paying inflated fees and wages to players as well as agents fees.  When these clubs are relegated they face huge financial losses.  

On 26/07/2019 at 23:16, Maroon Sailor said:

Could be dead and buried if they don't prove their financial viability on Monday

All the money sloshing around in the EFL but another club hitting skid row

10458528.png;compress=true

BarneyBattles44
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The debt works if assets outweigh liabilities.

The top sides are buried in debt some thrive others play catch up.

The CL 

Europa League

National league

National Cups

European places

League place payment

A guess

1 Trillion debt in EPL 

I feel for sides that run the risk of bankruptcy but debt runs the world

6 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Brexit will have a impact on players.  

In the Premeir League, bet little, I think, but perhaps a good one for up and coming British players, who particularly in England, are ignored, as clubs spend a lot of money on foreign players.    It might mean clubs become more ‘local’.    

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, BarneyBattles44 said:

The debt works if assets outweigh liabilities.

The top sides are buried in debt some thrive others play catch up.

The CL 

Europa League

National league

National Cups

European places

League place payment

A guess

1 Trillion debt in EPL 

I feel for sides that run the risk of bankruptcy but debt runs the world

It runs the world, but the fact the teams are allowed to keep on adding to it makes the mind boggle, especially in the championships or lower. 

Lots of clubs are in trouble even as we speak. 

Piss's me off that a club like Notts forest, over £100m in debt can give a player more wages than Hearts. 

The Treasurer

While it's sad to see clubs (apart from an obvious one or two) going under, it is not a surprise, especially in the lower English leagues,

The fact that teams like Salford are prepared offer a better deal than clubs near the top of the SPFL show that  they are spending money they don't have.

If you keep living out with your means then it will only end in tears, as (hopefully) sevco will find out in the not too distant future.

Sexton Hardcastle

Got them earlier in the close season to be relegated at a decent price. 

Every cloud and that.

jack D and coke
On 27/07/2019 at 09:59, sassenach said:

All the talk of a financial bonanza in English football is a bit of an illusion for most, I'm afraid.

Take my local club Middlesbrough - they're generally around the playoff zone, quite often in the Premier League, and have twice been in the UEFA group stages within the last 15 years including a final. Add in frequent parachute money and you would imagine they would be doing OK financially.

The facts are that their losses are only kept manageable by the profits of the chairman's other companies, otherwise they'd be in a terrible state.

The money coming into English football only goes on crazy transfer fees and wages without any increase in quality, and in the case of medium-sized clubs like Boro with an ever-decreasing possibly of any actual success on the field (I don't class mere survival in the Premier League as "success").

I just thank my lucky stars that I discovered Hearts.

Crazy. Is it still Steve Gibson? He’s put some money into Boro that’s for sure. 

On 27/07/2019 at 10:57, Craig_ said:

York 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Luton and Lincoln but a bit tenuous

Not in the slightest.

I was about to write that, during the riots a few summers ago, the yobs were Luton the big shops. It was on the news.