Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

Would love to hear from those who voted no.

Easy enough to do that. There are two message boards, dedicated to two *different football clubs, where you can join and parley with them. 👍

*only one is a Hearts forum. 😬

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

4 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Aye the initial thought would be waaaah Section G lower closed , Pyro’s nae allowed , atmusfeer likesay , library , cctv 100k at would buy a player like Lafferty n we might get caught noo wi the new cctv.

Unless is 8s hibs he just doesn’t like her cause she’s a woman he said somewhere. 

Just now, DH1986 said:

This will be the most one sided pole in the history of the internet.

Perhaps. That in itself will be an interesting result though, Drylaw. Scanning Hearts related topics and platforms on the internet, one would perhaps think differently. 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Maybe on JKB , we will see. But if you see some of the bile spouted about her on Facebook groups then its definitely a worthwhile thread to see how she is viewed on here and why.

Phil D. Corners
42 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

No brainer moffy, she's who I would want at the head of the club along with CL.

if the question " Quis custodiet ipsos custodies'" was asked of our club? I would respond, I'm not worried coz Ann & Craig I trust.👍

Both Ann and Craig have done a great job. This will be realised in the seasons to come. 

1 minute ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Both Ann and Craig have done a great job. This will be realised in the seasons to come. 

Mine would hope it is realised right now too. Unfortunately, there are a lot of quite loud noises who aggressively declare otherwise. 

Bazzas right boot

Next time we're top of the league, 

"weeee shall not be budged 

We shall not, we shall not be budged 

Weeee shall not be budged"

Repeat. X2 ofc

Also, once we have some money, a stand, the stadium, a statue or Gorgie should be named/ renamed  in her honour. 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

I think she's made a lot of mistakes and will continue to do so. Most owners will fall into that camp.

On balance, of course the good far and away outweighs the bad and without her we wouldn't have a club. 

I won't be voting in the poll though as it's just point scoring and far too loaded a question.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye the initial thought would be waaaah Section G lower closed , Pyro’s nae allowed , atmusfeer likesay , library , cctv 100k at would buy a player like Lafferty n we might get caught noo wi the new cctv.

Unless is 8s hibs he just doesn’t like her cause she’s a woman he said somewhere. 

Missed out wumins team.... 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

I think she's made a lot of mistakes and will continue to do so. Most owners will fall into that camp.

On balance, of course the good far and away outweighs the bad and without her we wouldn't have a club. 

I won't be voting in the poll though as it's just point scoring and far too loaded a question.

What mistakes...... 

Just now, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What mistakes.....

No, you're right. Everything has been perfect. Nothing could have been done better since she took over.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

My SC Levein out poll had folk wanting a Celtic victory if it 100% meant CL left as opposed to us winning and 100% him staying..... 

But it's not personal 🙄

Bazzas right boot

No, you're right. Everything has been perfect. Nothing could have been done better since she took over.

You said " a lot of mistakes" . 

I asked what?

You haven't answered...... 

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You said " a lot of mistakes" . 

I asked what?

You haven't answered...... 

- All of the delays with the new stand

- Overspend on the new stand (not the additional spend)

- Ian Cathro

- Not placing enough emphasis on the playing side of the club

Within each of these broader categories there will be multiple smaller mistakes that added up to the larger one.

As I say though, all owners make them and on balance she's streets ahead of most of them but let's not pretend everything has been perfect...it doesn't really exist for most clubs.

Bazzas right boot

- Ian Cathro

Within each of these broader categories there will be multiple smaller mistakes that added up to the larger one.

As I say though, all owners make them and on balance she's streets ahead of most of them but let's not pretend everything has been perfect...it doesn't really exist for most clubs.

Delays, with the stand, you putting that squarely with her? 

I find it harsh but also given I have almost no information or facts on it I won't argue. 

I'll just give her the credit for building the main stand and ensuring we are staying in Gorgie. 

Ian Cathro, yes she and CL can take the blame for that. I agree. 

Don't agree with the last part at all. 

That's not a lot of mistakes and all but Cathro was easily fixed. Every club appoints poorly sometimes, it's a football thing and not a Budge specific thing, so again I think that is harsh and really scrapping the barrel.

She will make dozens of decisions a day so really your comment about  " a lot" of mistakes is dramatic and wrong.

Two of them were about the stand as well, totally ignoring that under her stewardship it has been built...... That's the important thing surely? 

23 minutes ago, cheetah said:

Sycophants looking for a fight

Will not be voting.

Why not? Weird stance to take Pan Jambo. ☹️

Only good thing about this poll is we have outed 4 hibbys mods post there names lol Possibly the daftest poll we have ever had on JKB . I know there was jokes about Vlad statue but queen Ann would be a serious shout one day or at least a plaque .

P

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

mod delete

I’ve already stated my purpose.

What about a democratic vote is it that you are so riled by?

alwaysthereinspirit
16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

No = Hibs or Arsehole

This. The wording of the question makes it only answerable as a YES. Dumb @$$#$

15 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Delays, with the stand, you putting that squarely with her? 

I find it harsh but also given I have almost no information or facts on it I won't argue. 

I'll just give her the credit for building the main stand and ensuring we are staying in Gorgie. 

Ian Cathro, yes she and CL can take the blame for that. I agree. 

Don't agree with the last part at all. 

That's not a lot of mistakes and all but Cathro was easily fixed. Every club appoints poorly sometimes, it's a football thing and not a Budge specific thing, so again I think that is harsh and really scrapping the barrel.

She will make dozens of decisions a day so really your comment about  " a lot" of mistakes is dramatic and wrong.

Two of them were about the stand as well, totally ignoring that under her stewardship it has been built...... That's the important thing surely? 

You're conflating saying someone has made mistakes with criticising someone. I'm not, as I said, she's been far better than most and I hope that continues.

Edited by Taffin

Phil D. Corners
2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

- Ian Cathro

These posts make me laugh. 

Which owners do you think have been more perfect. 

Bazzas right boot

This poll will be closer to 100% than the sc/CL one. 

But not 100%

Be good to get 100% consensus. 

Maybe, "a should Hearts sign Scott brown " poll would get 100%? 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Just now, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This. The wording of the question makes it only answerable as a YES. Dumb @$$#$

Oh... sorry chief.

☹️

Fact is, I’ve been forced to wade through gigs of anti-Budge shite online, and I wanted to gauge opinion on the last stronghold of Hearts supporters who aren’t a majority of thick as **** imbeciles.

Cheers. Sorry if it annoys you. 

stranraer-jambo

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt. 

Cannot believe any genuine Hearts fan would say otherwise. 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Insane question.

No Ann = No Hearts. 

It is and was that simple. 

Not insane. It’s a fair question when you look at the utter shite posted by Hearts fans over multiple online platforms, about Budge.

Whats your view?

Bazzas right boot

You're conflating saying someone has made mistakes with criticising someone. I'm not, as I said, she's been far better than most and I hope that continues.

No one is saying she hasn't made mistakes, not 1 person has said that. 

You said she had made "a lot of mistakes" and "will continue to do so" then added you wouldn't vote on the poll. 

That is hardly a statement that communicates what I have just quoted you on above , which makes far more sense imo. 

The question got the poll maker the attention they desired tbh ADD me thinks😆

Edited by jtkb
Spelling

alwaysthereinspirit
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Oh... sorry chief.

☹️

Fact is, I’ve been forced to wade through gigs of anti-Budge shite online, and I wanted to gauge opinion on the last stronghold of Hearts supporters who aren’t a majority of thick as **** imbeciles.

Cheers. Sorry if it annoys you. 

Not dumb @$$, as in you. Dumb @$$#$ as in anyone answering NO.

I cannot believe this is even being brought up. This lady helped us avoid oblivion. She is a shrewd business person who has introduced new investors and overseen the improvements to Tynecastle.  Unlike some of her predesessors she has not bankrupted us trying to match OF.  

1 hour ago, Tynieman said:

mod delete

Have you seen the bile thats spewed about her on facebook groups for a start? Plenty of negative comments on here too. Def a worthwhile thread. There has even been personal abuse thrown at her that has led to police getting involved. 

been here before
54 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Missed out wumins team.... 

And face painting.

Get her away.

Edited by been here before

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, Dallas Green said:

Wouldn't have this wonderful club to support without her.

Eternally grateful. 

Correct, that was an easy vote.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Haha of course she has but there is a time for everybody to move on in life and hers is approaching.

Undoubtedly true. I think it would be good to get a couple if years transition though...before I feel ready to vote for you as CEO. 😎

been here before
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As bizarre a thread as this is you can click the wee person icon with the number next to it where it gives the number of people who voted no. You'll get their names then you could PM them.

Surprised to find the clubs Official Ambassador among their number.

Edited by been here before

John Findlay
2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Exactly what do you expect to achieve with this?

My thoughts exactly. Can't help thinking another online rammy in the making

She's a top business woman who isn't scared to put her head above the paropit and make a decision. Regardless of what you think about about some of her decisions I don't think you can argue she has had a negative impact. You may not like certain decisions she makes but for me she goes down as an important player in the history of our fantastic club.

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

Where on earth does she get slated?  She’s done wonders for the club but not sure if there’s a need for yet another kiss arse thread though.  

Regularly by one chronic poster who makes it clear what his thoughts are on women in leadership 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Mrs Budge should get freedom of gorgie as far as I'm concerned! It's incredible the progress of our football club since she took over and I hope she's here for years to come 

Clark Griswold

How can anyone say no to this? She saved our club ffs, without her we wouldn’t exist.