Ann Budge?

Beast Boy

Ann Budge - overwhelmingly good for Hearts?  

1,111 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club?

52 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

These posts make me laugh. 

Which owners do you think have been more perfect. 

These posts make me laugh.

Why are you unable to read?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• sadj

• Forever Hearts

Famous 1874

Voted no by accident.

Think Budge has done an excellent job in the main. Her trust in Levein is the only thing that concerns me.

Big Slim Stylee
6 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Voted no by accident.

Think Budge has done an excellent job in the main. Her trust in Levein is the only thing that concerns me.

Good to know. Only six rodents so far then.

An absolute legend for us. Look were we are, what we are about to achieve with FOH.

What she has done for this club cannot be put into words and I for one will be eternally grateful until the day I die. That woman has went over and above and I love her for it.

Pledge for Life.

99.9999% yes. I don't agree with her on how she has approached the issues with fans but in bringing the right people in and improving our business side she has been an absolute godsend.

I hope to see her help us break the £20m barrier with us. Would be a tremendous achievement (if indeed possible)...

Are the votes anonymous?

Only a raving ****wit would vote no, and best that they fall asleep anonmously in a bed of their own urine.

queensferryjambo
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Are the votes anonymous?

Nope you can see who voted for what..........

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

7 disagree. :rofl:

Can we hear your thoughts as to why you lot disagree? 

1 in error so 6 folk think no. Entitled to their opinion of course but really struggling to see why anyone wouldn't vote yes on this?  At a guess, I can only imagine it's somehow to do with the patience she has shown towards Craig levein but, ultimately whatever way you look at it, she played a huge part in saving our club, put in place a 1st class infrastructure on the business side, invested in the youth set up, been more inclusive of the women's team and not to mention delivered on a fantastic new main stand. I feel if it wasnt for her business acumen and contacts we might not have a club to support today. It's a yes from me!

Cruyff Turn
1 minute ago, hmfcbilly said:

1 in error so 6 folk think no. Entitled to their opinion of course but really struggling to see why anyone wouldn't vote yes on this?  At a guess, I can only imagine it's somehow to do with the patience she has shown towards Craig levein but, ultimately whatever way you look at it, she played a huge part in saving our club, put in place a 1st class infrastructure on the business side, invested in the youth set up, been more inclusive of the women's team and not to mention delivered on a fantastic new main stand. I feel if it wasnt for her business acumen and contacts we might not have a club to support today. It's a yes from me!

👍 I have my criticisms of Ann but the question of course was -

“has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club” 

I cannot understand how anyone can say she hasn’t.

We wouldn’t have a club for starters, or Tynecastle.

Independence
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

👍 I have my criticisms of Ann but the question of course was -

“has Ann Budge been overwhelmingly good for our football club” 

I cannot understand how anyone can say she hasn’t.

We wouldn’t have a club for starters, or Tynecastle.

This.

I’m maybe risking a ban here, but any so called Hearts fan who doesn’t think Ann Budge has been great for our club is clearly an absolute roaster. The type of “fan” who would never be back as long as Pieman/Vlad/Ann (add or change as appropriate) is in charge. Excuse after excuse for not following the club whilst pretending to be a genuine supporter.

Absolute wankstains. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

From rubble to where we are now. 

I really don't understand any other response than the painfully obvious 

SpruceBringsteen

Seeing a few posts that suggest anyone voting no is Hibs or an arsehole, but please don't discount the third option - absolute shit for brains. And to be clear, I don't mean "a bit of a dafty", I mean of such limited mental capacity that they would qualify for governmental assistance should they be able to take their fingers out of their nose/mouth/jeer long enough to sign a big X on a form.

queensferryjambo
3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Seeing a few posts that suggest anyone voting no is Hibs or an arsehole, but please don't discount the third option - absolute shit for brains. And to be clear, I don't mean "a bit of a dafty", I mean of such limited mental capacity that they would qualify for governmental assistance should they be able to take their fingers out of their nose/mouth/jeer long enough to sign a big X on a form.

People craving attention for themselves must be another option.

April 2014: Hearts avoid total liquidation 

May 2014: BidCo1874 take control of Hearts, fronted by Ann Budge

June 2014: Hearts leave administration

May 2015: Hearts instantly return to the Premiership, setting a new points record

May 2016: Hearts finish 3rd in their first year back in the top league

May 2017: Hearts begin construction of a new Main Stand, increasing capacity to just under 20,100

Hearts continue to increase turnover, match-day sales income and non-match day incomes

Looks like quite a successful CEO to me.

On-pitch performance may be lacking right now but that's only temporary.

The club as a whole has worked wonders in the last five years.

I think Ann Budge has done a great job and I like and support her but I voted no because she hasn’t “overwhelmingly been good “  as the football side of our great club (that Ann and the FOH saved) and the way she doesn’t deal with the vile behaviour of the old firm fans at  Tynecastle, I feel let’s her down from being overwhelmingly good.

Based on the Cambridge Dictionary meaning of overwhelmingly 

overwhelmingly

adverb
 UK     /ˌəʊ.vəˈwel.mɪŋ.li/ US     /ˌoʊ.vɚˈwel.mɪŋ.li/

strongly or completely; in an overwhelmingway: 

The team were overwhelmingly defeated in yesterday's game.
Edited by hm1874fc

Making this poll public would've been interesting. 

Back in the dark days of SOH & even the early days of the Foundation, I used to worry about what we could do about the looming problem of the old stand, even if we managed to oust the incumbents. Then we went into Administration. 

If you had told me then, that we'd buy the club & it's assets for £2.5M (plus interest), build a new main stand, a museum, a memorial garden & lay down a state of the art hybrid pitch - all within 5 years - I'd have laughed in your face! 😎 

alwaysthereinspirit
3 minutes ago, hm1874fc said:

I think Ann Budge has done a great job and I like and support her but I voted no because she hasn’t “overwhelmingly been good “  as the football side of our great club (that Ann and the FOH saved) and the way she doesn’t deal with the vile behaviour of the old firm fans at  Tynecastle, I feel let’s her down from being overwhelmingly good.

Based on the Cambridge Dictionary meaning of overwhelmingly 

overwhelmingly

adverb
 UK     /ˌəʊ.vəˈwel.mɪŋ.li/ US     /ˌoʊ.vɚˈwel.mɪŋ.li/

strongly or completely; in an overwhelmingway: 

The team were overwhelmingly defeated in yesterday's game.

Or. Overwhelmingly, to a very great degree or with a great majority.

You cant say she hasnt overwhelmingly helped Heart of Midlothian to one or the other. The majority of what she's accomplished from the number of tasks attempted is overwhelmingly positive.

6 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Or. Overwhelmingly, to a very great degree or with a great majority.

You cant say she hasnt overwhelmingly helped Heart of Midlothian to one or the other. The majority of what she's accomplished from the number of tasks attempted is overwhelmingly positive.

The 2 points I made stop ME, in MY opinion from thinking she has been overwhelmingly good.

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What a pointless poll

But its not is it. Some of the people who have voted no are known as ones who in other places cry out for her to leave and think she has been awful for the club. Here we have a chance to find out why and debate/discuss that. 

Weakened Offender

Best thing that ever happened to the club. The fact that the cretinous EffTeePee element despise her is the icing on the cake. 😊

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, sadj said:

But its not is it. Some of the people who have voted no are known as ones who in other places cry out for her to leave and think she has been awful for the club. Here we have a chance to find out why and debate/discuss that. 

If I said ‘the sea has no water in it’, would we debate that?

The evidence is perfectly obvious. Football results not good enough latterly, granted. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If I said ‘the sea has no water in it’, would we debate that?

The evidence is perfectly obvious. Football results not good enough latterly, granted. 

See you say that but plenty of people don’t agree she has been good for the club. One of the no’s on here is very prominent elsewhere. So a poll on jkb which should be 100% give or take a few interlopers and a few wallopers who had their toys taken away is showing that not every person agrees. Why is an interesting question surely and one that the No’s could state and raise debate. 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Voted no by accident.

thank goodness. now who are the 11 numpties?

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

😀

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

From rubble to where we are now. 

I really don't understand any other response than the painfully obvious 

Obviously the answer is yes. However, just to play devil's advocate and try to defend the indefensible...

Our possibly final ever game against St Mirren was now 7 years ago. We entered administration 6 years ago. We exited administration 5 years ago. A new generation of fans will be beginning to come through who either weren't supporting Hearts through those dark days or who were too young to really pay attention to the business side and understand what was going on. Some of them will now be in their late teens or even early twenties. The idea that Hearts could disappear might seem completely far-fetched. Some still too young to look at long-term and big picture. They might judge Budge on short-term success on the pitch plus their relationship with the club as fans. From that perspective it might not seem like Budge has been overwhelmingly positive for Hearts.

That said, if you are older than about 22 , have been following Hearts for more than 5 years and think the answer is no then you are an absolute idiot. Someone earlier in the thread said Budge's backing of Levein was in danger of tarnishing her legacy. Looking back in 5 years time that might be true. But looking back in 20 years I am confident that no one will talk about Levein or lack of footballing success when assessing her legacy. In 50 years time Budge is likely to be remembered as one of the most important and positive people in Hearts' history and a more important owner than even Wallace Mercer.

alwaysthereinspirit
41 minutes ago, hm1874fc said:

The 2 points I made stop ME, in MY opinion from thinking she has been overwhelmingly good.

Got it. 🦄

Saint Jambo
24 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Not sure how good that dictionary is. Surely it should be "the team WAS overwhelmingly defeated" - team being singular?

I'm voting Yes, BTW, but not going to have a go at anyone else for having a different opinion.

Just to follow this off-topic diversion. The answer is that in British English a football team or club can be referred to using either the singular or plural. It is a question of whether you consider a club to be a singular entity or a group of its collective parts. The club is a collective noun and can therefore be referred to in either way. On the otherhand in American English, collective nouns are always referred to in the singular. I believe that if you were to go back 30 to 40 years (when I was growing up) you would find the normal style in the media in the UK was to refer to them in the plural . At some point this switched and the media in the UK tend now to follow the American standard and refer to clubs in the singular . 

Credit where credits due, she's done a great job, but everyone has their time to move and maybe her's is approaching.

Let’s hear from those who disagree. Nothing better than a good debate.

@The Comedian you used to be semi prominent on here. Why did you vote no?

:)

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Bridge of Djoum
5 hours ago, sadj said:

Some involving police following it up aswell I believe 😶

Indeed.

But yeah, she receives no criticism. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

thank goodness. now who are the 11 numpties?

I'm sure I could guess 3 at least. They won't put their heads above the parapet though.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

April 2014: Hearts avoid total liquidation 

May 2014: BidCo1874 take control of Hearts, fronted by Ann Budge

June 2014: Hearts leave administration

May 2015: Hearts instantly return to the Premiership, setting a new points record

May 2016: Hearts finish 3rd in their first year back in the top league

May 2017: Hearts begin construction of a new Main Stand, increasing capacity to just under 20,100

Hearts continue to increase turnover, match-day sales income and non-match day incomes

Looks like quite a successful CEO to me.

On-pitch performance may be lacking right now but that's only temporary.

The club as a whole has worked wonders in the last five years.

This poll......if you answer no after reading the above i ****ing despair.

Edited by Jamboelite

The very existence of this poll is a massive embarrassment. 

Tomorrow, I propose a poll on whether people think the continued existence of HMFC would be a good thing.

We wouldn't have a club to support if it weren't for Anne.

We now have a financially stable club with a fantastic stadium

6 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Totally pointless thread 🧵 

It’s all in the OP man. Not “pointless” to me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

We have achieved so much thanks to her. You just have to look west to see how it can go wrong with dodgy owners and mismanagement 

The Future's Maroon

At my time of voting yes (ridiculous easy poll) there are 13 Hobo’s who have voted no.

How any Hearts fan can vote no astounds me, so they can’t be Hearts fans.

For a start, without her we wouldn’t have a Hearts and this forum would have closed years ago.

Geoff Kilpatrick
12 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

At my time of voting yes (ridiculous easy poll) there are 13 Hobo’s who have voted no.

How any Hearts fan can vote no astounds me, so they can’t be Hearts fans.

For a start, without her we wouldn’t have a Hearts and this forum would have closed years ago.

I think some voted No as a reaction to the OP.