Fantasy Scottish Football

letsalldothebeattie

letsalldothebeattie

A brand new app for Scottish Football fantasy football game launched yesterday. 

Anyone interested in joining?

My league Pin - RA1MGIA3

Absolute Scenes
2 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

My league Pin - RA1MGIA3

I’ll give it a bash mate, thanks for setting it up

letsalldothebeattie
20 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I’ll give it a bash mate, thanks for setting it up

Cheers mate I’ve been spreading it around my Twitter & Facebook to get as big a league as possible

The Old Tolbooth
On 23/07/2019 at 09:45, letsalldothebeattie said:

My league Pin - RA1MGIA3

Tried the android link and it keeps coming up that the site can't be reached, also can't find an app for it either, me and technology aren't the best of pals these days :( 

OmiyaHearts

Was looking forward to this but I'm a bit disappointed to see 3 players allowed from each team, with such a small league. 

Most teams I'm seeing have 6 OF players, it's rather boring. I don't see the need for all these silly additions like wildcards and sub bonuses.

Should have kept it simple. 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Was looking forward to this but I'm a bit disappointed to see 3 players allowed from each team, with such a small league. 

Most teams I'm seeing have 6 OF players, it's rather boring. I don't see the need for all these silly additions like wildcards and sub bonuses.

Should have kept it simple. 

For a league of 12, 2 max from each team sounds far more sensible. 

59 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Tried the android link and it keeps coming up that the site can't be reached, also can't find an app for it either, me and technology aren't the best of pals these days :( 

Try googling it. 

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

For a league of 12, 2 max from each team sounds far more sensible. 

One of the teams I seen, 9 of the 10 outfield players are from three teams (Rangers, Celtic & Aberdeen). 

They've missed the opportunity to make this really interesting and challenging by just copying the English one, which isn't that good anyway.

maroonshrew
39 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

One of the teams I seen, 9 of the 10 outfield players are from three teams (Rangers, Celtic & Aberdeen). 

They've missed the opportunity to make this really interesting and challenging by just copying the English one, which isn't that good anyway.

Agreed. 2 per team would've made more sense. Although the wildcard and bench boost stuff you refer to keep people interested longer, especially as these things are often won by December in your mini league. The chips can be a bit of a leveller. That's why the English FF game evolved that way. Numbers dropped off when it was just pick a team and thats your lot. 

Draft Fantasy is in general a lot more enjoyable just a lot more work

Edited by maroonshrew

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, maroonshrew said:

Agreed. 2 per team would've made more sense. Although the wildcard and bench boost stuff you refer to keep people interested longer, especially as these things are often won by December in your mini league. The chips can be a bit of a leveller. That's why the English FF game evolved that way. Numbers dropped off when it was just pick a team and thats your lot. 

Draft Fantasy is in general a lot more enjoyable just a lot more work

Someone in work is trying to sort a draft FF. I had no idea what that meant, til he explained and I really like the idea of each team having different players.

maroonshrew
3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Someone in work is trying to sort a draft FF. I had no idea what that meant, til he explained and I really like the idea of each team having different players.

Yea you need people who are into it cos it really doesnt work if people fade away or lose interest but its way more fun. Picking up free agents minutes before kick offs when you see the line ups, trading with other managers etc, points for tackles made, headers won etc not just goals and assists. A much much better game. 

Fantrax the current best site to do it through. 

Is it true you don’t need any subs? So can just spend budget on starting 11 and take the risk they all play? 

I started a hearts fans league I put the pin on the thread over on the shed. Should've put it on here really but happy to join yours as well 

• 3 weeks later...
Say What Again

Binned

It's goodbye for now...

We fully accept and recognise the issues experienced by many users since the launch of our game. Despite our best efforts it has become clear that it is currently not fit for purpose.

Fantasy Football Scotland will be back, but for the time being we have regretfully taken the decision to pull the game from use. We gave this our best shot. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

We apologise to all those who were excited about the fantasy football season, all those who set up leagues and bought into what we were doing. We are truly gutted. 

Team FFS

1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

Binned

It's goodbye for now...

We fully accept and recognise the issues experienced by many users since the launch of our game. Despite our best efforts it has become clear that it is currently not fit for purpose.

Fantasy Football Scotland will be back, but for the time being we have regretfully taken the decision to pull the game from use. We gave this our best shot. Unfortunately it wasn't enough.

We apologise to all those who were excited about the fantasy football season, all those who set up leagues and bought into what we were doing. We are truly gutted. 

Team FFS

Disapointing, but not surprised.

It was a shambles. Tried to sort my team out on Saturday week 1 for Sunday fixtures and it was down for ages trying to update scores. 

Never even bothered with it after that.

The Treasurer

I realise a lot of people are into these things but I've always thought this fantasy football stuff just a bit too "fan-boi"  for my liking

You hear the EPL "supporters" if they're not slavering about "their team" that was on Sky over the weekend, then they are prattling  on about how "Pogba cost me 2 points" or some other pointless shite