Si Ferry meets Blackie!!

RobNox

It should have been ten
5 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Anybody expecting eloquent conversation is tuning into the wrong place.

What you get is the mindset of the Scottish footballer, good and not so good.

Ian Black could have easily been regarded as man of the match in the cup final. But such is the other side of his game, he could have easily been sent off for the challenge on Griffiths, which could have been a game changer.

He was a very good player for us, and has his place in history.

:spoton:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• benny

• indianajones

• Beast Boy

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

Bunny Munro

Thought it was pretty poor, it was like he was scared he was going to get into trouble.

Much preferred Hartley and Locke. 

Seymour M Hersh

I have to be honest and say I've never heard of this particular Mr Ferry let alone listened to one of his interviews. I struggle to give any credence to someone who refers to himself as "Si". 

9 hours ago, Cygnet said:

Asked if he would've signed for Hibs if Hearts hadn't come in, he added, with a twist: "Aye. It was four times I knocked Hibs back. Inverness twice, when I was younger and Pat Fenlon phoned me after we pumped them in the final."

😂😂😂

Someone has to make a video of this or a GIF

4 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I know, what a moron.

Always liked Blackie but that's just too stupid for words.

Imagine trying to endear yourself to those scum bags. Christ... 20+ difference? Aye, okay Ian. Maybe Nade knocked a few marbles loose when he felt his jaw for calling him a fatty?

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Aye, okay Ian. Maybe Nade knocked a few marbles loose when he felt his jaw for calling him a fatty?

Didn't know that. 

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Didn't know that. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/12/christian-nade-hearts-punch-ian-black

He spoke about it in an article later too. Blackie was noising him up and calling him names, whilst Nade was deep in a depressive state and struggling to keep things together, and he just had enough of him.

4 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2010/feb/12/christian-nade-hearts-punch-ian-black

He spoke about it in an article later too. Blackie was noising him up and calling him names, whilst Nade was deep in a depressive state and struggling to keep things together, and he just had enough of him.

Cheers 👍

Brilliant interview yet again from Si Ferry.  Other than the bit Black said about Rangers being a better squad and should have pumped us in the Championship season.  Aye, you were that good it was over by Xmas ya dafty!

35 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

One of the best things Nade done in a Hearts jersey. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

If you listen to what he actually says he would quite happily have signed for Hibs twice in his career. Fair dues but the ‘turning down Hibs 4 times’ is misleading. He’d agreed terms and passed a medical once and just needed a longer deal

the other time.

6 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

If you listen to what he actually says he would quite happily have signed for Hibs twice in his career. Fair dues but the ‘turning down Hibs 4 times’ is misleading. He’d agreed terms and passed a medical once and just needed a longer deal

the other time.

I used know a guy who grew up in the same street as him; Hibs fan. He was pals with him, and he would swear blind that Blackie was a Manchester United supporter who would happily have played for Hibs over Hearts. No idea if that’s true or not, just the witterings of some jakeball old Hibs nutter probably. Thought I’d share anyway.

Unknown user
22 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I used know a guy who grew up in the same street as him; Hibs fan. He was pals with him, and he would swear blind that Blackie was a Manchester United supporter who would happily have played for Hibs over Hearts. No idea if that’s true or not, just the witterings of some jakeball old Hibs nutter probably. Thought I’d share anyway.

He doe say in the interview that he's been an old Trafford season ticket holder since he was young, still is. 

Didnt he concede a penalty in the November fixture which effectively handed us the title 5 months early?

PHM unless my memory is deceiving me.

13 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Didnt he concede a penalty in the November fixture which effectively handed us the title 5 months early?

Yeah fouled Walker (his Mrs' brother in law)

Edited by Flaps_98

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Yeah the interview kind of puts to bed the big Hearts fan bollocks. Kept hummin and hawing when asked about being a big Hearts fan. Basically was a ball boy as a youngster cos tynie boys club done the honours for us....was about as close to him being a hearts fan it seems and would’ve signed for Hibs had they offered the right terms. 

Good interview but not up there with the best.Might have been his accent was a hard listen.

He had one very good season with us the rest average at best.

He seemed to think he was great from the off,I remember his stint with us a struggle for a few seasons  at first.

jack D and coke
Just now, benny said:

Good interview but not up there with the best.Might have been his accent was a hard listen.

He had one very good season with us the rest average at best.

He seemed to think he was great from the off,I remember his stint with us a struggle for a few seasons  at first.

He had a good 6 months. He was generally a liability. 

He played well in the cup final but like others mentioned he nearly blew it for us with crashing through the back of the thumb. Father Collum would’ve certainly sent him off for that so for once we got a break. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

He had a good 6 months. He was generally a liability. 

He played well in the cup final but like others mentioned he nearly blew it for us with crashing through the back of the thumb. Father Collum would’ve certainly sent him off for that so for once we got a break. 

I thought he was lucky to escape a sending off in the semi final.

A bad tackle and a handball that could have resulted in a red card.

For all he seems to divide opinion, Si Ferry has a Louis Theroux esque ability to disarm his subjects and get them to completely open up. I think that these interviews are brilliant and I look forward to listening to this one.

23 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

For all he seems to divide opinion, Si Ferry has a Louis Theroux esque ability to disarm his subjects and get them to completely open up. I think that these interviews are brilliant and I look forward to listening to this one.

Agree.Look forward to them.

Spotify has them as well.An added bonus.

As I posted before give the Gordon Smith one a listen.Even folk you don't particularly like come out with great stories.

jack D and coke
51 minutes ago, benny said:

Can’t say I remember anything in the semi. Possibly because I was absolutely bonkers at the time tho :lol: 

Siphiwe Tshabalala

Ferry looked shocked a few times.

Poor interview, I wanted to know about winning the play-off at Blackpool etc. 

Not for me and I’m sure he couldn’t give a monkeys what anyone on here thinks!

1 hour ago, benny said:

You’re right. I once “debated” with someone on here who said Paulo sorted his discipline. Did he feck!

Blackie was sent off twice under Paulo (the guy I was debating with said the first one “didn’t count” as it was only Paulo’s third game in charge!!!) and could/should easily have had two more reds. His dragging of studs down Ledley’s shin in the semi would have been a red had it been seen. A bit of a cult hero for running the final but could so easily have been a villain. Good passer, average player, awful temperament. Still being wound up by Junior players and falling for it, so I’m told. 

Jean Louis Valois

I always thought he was a dyed in the wool Jambo when he was with us, this interview definitely puts that to bed. Could have easily been  Hibs man.

34 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I always thought he was a dyed in the wool Jambo when he was with us, this interview definitely puts that to bed. Could have easily been  Hibs man.

John Robertson could easily have been a hibs man. In the end its doesn't really matter if he was a dye in wool jambo or not.

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Agreed - it goes to show that the aggressive/hostile style of interviewing, which you so commonly see in the political sphere, is rarely the most effective in terms of eliciting information. If you are amicable and light-hearted with the person you are interviewing they're much more likely to open up. Some of Si Ferry's interviews are very good.

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I always thought he was a boyhood fan too, as was his Dad, who played for us back in about 1979/80 iirc.

23 hours ago, busby1985 said:

The man managed us during some of the clubs worst moments and managed to get us our

greatest ever result. Every single player that played under him raves about him. The first team squad where basically playing for free under him. I’d love to see how he’d get on in our current stable set up. 

100% this. He was implementing a clear style and as the players adapted to it got better and better culminating in the final.

I'd love him back

I would imagine Scottish media pricks like Young, Spence, McLean etc must ****ing hate Si Ferry 😁

With all the years of media training, education and their positions within the Scottish football scene, they wouldnt get half the stories out of these guys that Si has. 

Does piss me off though that he can't get all those Eton educated boys on so we can hear some of the Queens English. 

Played brilliantly in the cup final, not great for us apart from that. Very clumsy interviewee, talks a lot of pish, selective or very poor memory....not even reached the bits about Rangers but he doesn’t come across well for me.

His name is

A hard watch. He doesn't come across well. 

On a side note, another player who speaks very highly of Paulo Sergio. 

On 22/07/2019 at 22:51, TheStig said:

Speaking like the majority of scots do, the shock.

Exactly. Im not the most articulate of speakers and I'd hate to think people would say the same about me for just being myself. 

Watched the Blackie one yesterday. Thought he came across fairly well, although got the impression that playing for Sevco meant more than playing for the famous. :-(

1 hour ago, Palazuelos said:

New video up - interview with Baggio...

Looking forward to watching this one tonight! Baggio was a great player for us, woefully underestimated by many a muppet in the stands, boy behind us constantly telling him ‘tae get stuck in’ no mate just give him the ball and let him dictate the play...oh to have his quality in there now!

Captain America
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Ian Black was in Morrisons the other day fixing the fridges. Mental how much money he must have pished away

Which Morrisons?

He has a doppelganger in the Livingston branch who has been there for years.

Always double take when I see him pushing the trolleys.

Another good interview from Ferry.  It was good to hear Black's opinions although his memory didn't seem too good on a few things and I don't think he came across particularly well.  That interview also surely ends any idea that he was a diehard jambo.  

Always interesting to hear from the 5-1 squad and at least he didn't hold back on his opinions.

12 minutes ago, Captain America said:

Which Morrisons?

He has a doppelganger in the Livingston branch who has been there for years.

Always double take when I see him pushing the trolleys.

Gyle.

Was an external company :)

On 24/07/2019 at 18:42, Blacky87 said:

Exactly. Im not the most articulate of speakers and I'd hate to think people would say the same about me for just being myself. 

Only the pompous, arrogant and insecure would so wouldn’t worry about it. 👍🏻

SuperstarSteve

Interview was great bar two things. 

1. Rangers were not a better team than us during that championship season. 

2. To lift a Scottish cup with your (apparent) boyhood heroes and then turn around say I never considered myself a professional  footballer untill I signed with rangers is a ludicrous statement 😂. The lad isn’t the die hard jambo a thought he was that’s for sure.