(SPFL) have been urged to publish data on sectarian abuse at matches

jumpship

https://stv.tv/news/scotland/1439408-new-spfl-board-members-urged-to-publish-sectarian-abuse-data/

New board members at the Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) have been urged to publish data on sectarian abuse at matches, currently subject to a secrecy agreement.

The new SPFL board is set to be appointed at the annual general meeting on Monday and Scottish Liberal Democrat justice spokesman Liam McArthur has demanded it makes the data public.

A joint investigation by the party and anti-sectarian charity Nil By Mouth found last month that the SPFL has created a list of unacceptable behaviour, including sectarian incidents, at football grounds covering almost two years.

TyphoonJambo

Well lets hope the reported stats are truly reflective of the issue and free from the bias of the weedgie press. Personally, im not holding out much hope. Pretty sure we'll be portraide as a fervent hot bed of protestantism whilst jolly old Ibrox is just a great place for a good old British sing song. A bit like the Proms, but with buckfast. 

Rangers again, 2nd season running, have an Orange strip. Not a peep about it from the media. They also have orange training gear as well. Any fight to tackle bigotry has to address bigotry at every level. This type of nonsense from Rangers is playing to their lowest common denominator within their support. Same with last season bright Orange program in Europe when they played on the 12th and their full stand orange display for the teams coming out. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

Rangers again, 2nd season running, have an Orange strip. Not a peep about it from the media. They also have orange training gear as well. Any fight to tackle bigotry has to address bigotry at every level. This type of nonsense from Rangers is playing to their lowest common denominator within their support. Same with last season bright Orange program in Europe when they played on the 12th and their full stand orange display for the teams coming out. 

Whereas i fully get your point, i'm pretty sure they, and their media sycophants /lodge buddies will probably come up with some feng shui or other innocent/artistic reasons for their love of the sunblushed, Mediterranean colour pallet. Move along here nothing bigotted to see here. 

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Whereas i fully get your point, i'm pretty sure they, and their media sycophants /lodge buddies will probably come up with some feng shui or other innocent/artistic reasons for their love of the sunblushed, Mediterranean colour pallet. Move along here nothing bigotted to see here. 

And that is the BIGGEST part of the problem. The report they want published will show that Hearts and Hibs have a bigger problem than Celtic and Rangers because Hearts/Hibs actively police their own, whilst the old firm let their own do what they want. 

TyphoonJambo

100% correct. It will totally deflect the attention away from them. Another cover up awaits. 

It may lead football down a dangerous path

People should be careful of what they wish for and unless every issue is treated the same at every club and recorded correctly you will simply get a skewed set of statistics which will be used by many organisations with an axe to grind to beat football and certain clubs with

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

This will be very interesting and significant. 

So significant there’s no chance in hell they’ll agree 😀

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

This will be very interesting and significant. 

That's why I posted it... 

Theres a possibility this will be forgotten about and swept under the carpet. 

But truly, how can anyone justify this as keeping it secret??? 

And we all know the finger will be pointed at us... and again we will have Hearts fan against Hearts fan, raging about the OK's of being British and what that actually means... 

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

It may lead football down a dangerous path

People should be careful of what they wish for and unless every issue is treated the same at every club and recorded correctly you will simply get a skewed set of statistics which will be used by many organisations with an axe to grind to beat football and certain clubs with

Worse than the path that we have been on for the last 100+ years?

9 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Who the hell thought a secrecy agreement was good for the game.

Rhetorical question, I'm sure ?

queensferryjambo
2 hours ago, kila said:

It’ll be skewed stats. 

Tynecastle will be the worst while Ibrox and Parkhead near the bottom no doubt. 

I am sure when the Police have issued figures on the amount of sectarian and racist arrest Rangers and Celtic have come top by miles. 

The last report I read in one of the papers Hibs came third then Falkirk then Hearts. Hearts, Falkirk and Hibs were all very close so not a point scoring thing against Hibs. Considering the small amount of fans Falkirk have compared to Hearts and Hibs they must have some mental fans.

Oh and Hearts coming 5th and behind Hibs - mad Budge out, Levein out etc etc

Nobody but nobody could have the temerity to suggest that R and C don't have a huge problem with sectarianism.  I don't think they see it as a problem though.  They believe it's their life support system.

I see no point in this let's paint everyone but the Ugly sisters with the sectarian brush. After all it must surely lead to sanctions against the perpetrators i.e the clubs but the DONKEY said only 6 weeks ago.

Strict liability 'doesn't work anywhere', says SPFL's Neil Doncaster

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48500853

In addition I look forward to The plastic terrorists waving the Israeli flag in support of their new signing. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49059051

Hearts Supporters can sleep safely in their beds tonight in the knowledge that the full force of the Law will be used with the help of our £100,000 "state of the art" CCTV system on all away supporters who indulge sectarian activities.

Neither Celtic or Rangers will be found to be at fault just everyone else. Bunch of James Hunts that the SPFL are.

18 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Who the hell thought a secrecy agreement was good for the game.

probably the same people who thought the 5 way agreement let let the new rangers into the league was a good idea and something that was to be kept quiet

SpruceBringsteen

If it showed Celtic and Rangers in a remotely good light, it wouldn't be secret. That's not some wild tinfoil conspiracy, it's a fact.

Shanks said no

Don't mind us giving the SPFL a kicking but the Scottish Government signed a contract banning it from publishing the information

3 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Are you serious with the concerns of what colours Rangers use for their change kits and the other pointers you've stated ?

These are the fine examples, if raised in a court of law, that would get hysterically laughed out by the law. 

12 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Are you serious with the concerns of what colours Rangers use for their change kits and the other pointers you've stated ?

These are the fine examples, if raised in a court of law, that would get hysterically laughed out by the law. 

So you don’t think having a Orange strip, a orange program cover on the 12th of July, play into the hands of the knuckle draggers within their support? Do you not think if you where serious, as a club, about riding said club of its sectarian element, then the Orange top etc could be seen as a bad move? We have huge problems with bigotry, not just at football, in this country. It’s a problem that the government don’t seem to want to tackle. From that stand point I can see why some would think the colour of a top is irrelevant but I still think it’s a valid one when you consider why the club choose an orange top, a orange program cover etc. The same goes for Celtic and their pandering to their knuckle dragging element. 

What is patently obvious is that our football authorities' entire focus is on money and contracts, despite their pathetic ineptitude in that area, with everything else relegated to a meaningless afterthought.

As we all know, money corrupts, regardless of environment. Rangers* and Celtic have made a living out of pseudo-religious, Irish politics for almost a century and a half, to the massive detriment of every other club in Scotland, often based on events which occurred in a far off land over three hundred years ago. The bottom line is that neither they nor the football authorities want to give up the money-spinning profits of that lucrative divide .

Imagine supporters getting wound up about whether pterodactyls or velociraptors were superior and you might gauge the futilty of the average knuckle-dragging bluenose launching a tirade of abuse at his Oirish counterpart, and vice-versa, over events from a bygone era which have absolutely no relevance to 22 people chasing a bag of air round a field in the 21st century.

Unfortunately Tynie is witness to a small but vocal band of post-lobotomy experiments too, as are other grounds. Our football clubs, including Hearts, are our football authorities, who are only too happy to see the current duopoly continue to rule the roost, with the diddy clubs happy to live off the scraps that fall off the table of the gruesome twosome. How sad is that? I had high hopes for Ann Budge when she joined the board of the SPFL a couple of seasons ago, but she achieved the square root of diddly squat in that role and while I will always admire her for her work in saving our club, she became a 'token female blazer' in her wasted time in Hampden's ivory towers.

Edited by newbie