Star Trek: Picard

Justin Z

50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not gonna lie, my heart near enough exploded when Data spoke.

HE'S ALIVE.

picdance.gif

7 of 9 and Data in the same movie.  Can't wait.

Patrick Stewart seems to be losing his voice, though.

Phil Dunphy

I'm really interested to see whether or not this is set after the destruction of Romulus.

It's about time we got a Star Trek that wasn't a prequel.

14 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Patrick Stewart just revealed a new trailer and I have chills.

Cannae beat Picard, Chris Pine's Kirk is close, but nae Cigar.

Been looking forward to this, since he announced it about a year a ago.

Seymour M Hersh

Hope Q makes an appearance. Had some great quotes in the TV series.

"You're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard." to Will Riker.

"Eaten any good books lately?" to Worf.

Jambos_1874
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hope Q makes an appearance. Had some great quotes in the TV series.

"You're so stolid. You weren't like that before the beard." to Will Riker.

"Eaten any good books lately?" to Worf.

Or simply a "mon capitain" 😂

Better call Saul

That's Data's bro from nemesis surely.. 

I can't wit until 2020... I may need to nip to Ingilston market and get a pirate dvd of it. 

Phil Dunphy
48 minutes ago, Ferris Bueller said:

That's Data's bro from nemesis surely.. 

I can't wit until 2020... I may need to nip to Ingilston market and get a pirate dvd of it. 

Brent Spiner told an interviewer that he's not playing B4, he's playing Data.

Jambof3tornado
10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm really interested to see whether or not this is set after the destruction of Romulus.

It's about time we got a Star Trek that wasn't a prequel.

It is.

Jambof3tornado
22 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

7 of 9 and Data in the same movie.  Can't wait.

Patrick Stewart seems to be losing his voice, though.

10 episode 1st season, not a movie!!

Oh my good God. Giddy as a school child at the thought of this. Never thought I'd see Patrick Stewart reprise his Picard role. 

More surprised at Brent Spiner reprising his role as Data considering the amount of moaning he has done about being typecast and all that  

4forDevries
On 20/07/2019 at 21:25, Justin Z said:

Patrick Stewart just revealed a new trailer and I have chills.

Can't wait ...hope PS still has enough power in his voice to command a starship ..😁

• 4 weeks later...

Really looking forward to this. Struggled my way thru the first series of discovery, haven't found the time to start 2nd series but as an unashamed Next Gen fan this should be amazing

8 hours ago, jambo1975 said:

Really looking forward to this. Struggled my way thru the first series of discovery, haven't found the time to start 2nd series but as an unashamed Next Gen fan this should be amazing

I'm the same. Loved star trek tng, but for some reason I couldn't get into any of the other franchises. Really looking forward to this though.

Better call Saul

Always a dumb move sending/ transporting down your top officers for dangerous missions but then the story would be shite if they didn't .. I get it 

6 hours ago, superjack said:

I'm the same. Loved star trek tng, but for some reason I couldn't get into any of the other franchises. Really looking forward to this though.

This, other than the new films and the Original. 

• 1 month later...

I'm a little concerned that this may be massively disappointing. I'm going to watch it wanting to see TNG but for obvious reasons it won't be like that. As long as it doesn't turn out to be like the newer Star Trek films then that'll be a start.

Jambof3tornado
On 01/09/2019 at 16:15, Ferris Bueller said:

Always a dumb move sending/ transporting down your top officers for dangerous missions but then the story would be shite if they didn't .. I get it 

Token security officer with no name sent down always a death sentence!!

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

I'm a little concerned that this may be massively disappointing. I'm going to watch it wanting to see TNG but for obvious reasons it won't be like that. As long as it doesn't turn out to be like the newer Star Trek films then that'll be a start.

:spoton:

I only ever watched the first and haven't been back.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

It won't.

The new films had to be set in an alternate reality and look different from ST TV shows and previous films due to the web of rights issues that has plagued ST for decades.

21 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Brilliant video, @Cade -- thanks for sharing!!

Nae bother, I always wondered why the ST films looked so different to the TV shows and after that video I knew the answer!

Let's just not get into Hulk and Spider Man rights issues, eh? :toasting:

Data/B4 what ever character Brent spiner is playing looks ****ing awful. They should have went with that technology they have used with that new film Will Smith's in or CGI

Edited by AlimOzturk

12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Data/B4 what ever character Brent spiner is playing looks ****ing awful. They should have went with that technology they have used with that new film Will Smith's in or CGI

I do agree. He has gained far too much weight, so his face just looks super puffy.

I wonder how inexpensive that type of CGI/tech is. It's one thing to use it in a feature film, another altogether in a ten episode series.

This was the state of the art for CGI in 1995 :rofl:

12 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don't think it's too bad - however I agree - some of the de-aging CGI from Captain Marvel that the did with Sammy L would be good. 

Dean Winchester
6 hours ago, Mysterion said:

I don't think it's too bad - however I agree - some of the de-aging CGI from Captain Marvel that the did with Sammy L would be good. 

I would imagine the process for that is quite expensive to have it look alright. Probably alright for some small scenes or doing it on a movie budget but if he's in it a significant amount then it's probably not worth it.

• 3 months later...