Tynecastle v Hearts XI Sunday 21st July

Alan_R

1st team if it is  that losing 3-1 to Cambridge, as a Cambridge fan I play football with in Swindon has pointed out to me  via WhatsApp sitting in a hotel bar in Luanda.

OK 3-2 now

Edited by moonraker

been here before
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Might have already been mentioned but friendly on Sunday if anyone looking for a footy fix.

Probably quite a young Hearts side given the first team and playing closed doors v cambridge today?

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/hearts-xi-take-on-tynecastle-fc-on-sunday

Meggetland 2PM kick off 

£6 adults £3 youth u12 free

::facepaw::

kevin Silva

cammy Logan

sean ward

chris Hamilton 

Aaron Darge

Dean Ritchie

Ryan schiavone

Aidan Denholm

Rory Currie

Lewis Moore

Euan Henderson

Scott McGill

Harry stone

Jay Charleston king

Sean Docherty

Leeroy makavora

Dino Eddie

Kyle Somers

Kian kavanagh

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by rubyruby

The Future's Maroon

Levein oot, Budge oot, FoH subscriptions  cancelled. 🤬

Footballfirst

Finished 1-1, but it was one of those performances that mirrors the worst of the first team.

Back pass, square pass, square pass, back pass, square pass, square pass, forward pass, lose possession, regain possession 

.................   and repeat.

Footballfirst

Pass marks for Cammy Logan (while at RB) and Chris Hamilton but that was about it.

Both Henderson and Currie like the ball in front of them to run onto, but every ball was played into feet and neither of them could hold it up or bring others into play.

They have obviously been coached to play in a certain way, but nobody appears willing to take responsibility to create anything. It's all safety first and pass the buck onto someone else. 

Edited by Footballfirst

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Pass marks for Cammy Logan (while at RB) and Chris Hamilton but that was about it.

Both Henderson and Currie like the ball in front of them to run onto, but every ball was played into feet and neither of them could hold it up or bring others into play.

They have obviously been coached to play in a certain way, but nobody appears willing to take responsibility to create anything. It's all safety first and pass the buck onto someone else. 

When FF slates the kids it really is time to find another paddle cause the creek were now in smells a bit pooey😕

Funtime Jambo
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Thought Currie played well considering hes just back after being out for over 6 months,Moore also done well always trying to create things and get on the ball.

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, Funtime Jambo said:

Thought Currie played well considering hes just back after being out for over 6 months,Moore also done well always trying to create things and get on the ball.

I like Lewis Moore as a player, but today I just though that he repeatedly played across the pitch and ultimately lost possession far too often.

Edited by Footballfirst

Footballfirst

One positive from today's game was a second appearance for Cian Kavanagh who come as a sub for the last 20 minutes.  He is a big lad for a sixteen year old. Although his first touch wasn't perfect and he did miss a sitter, he at least was in position for the chance and looked to get in behind the Tynecastle defence which Currie and Henderson failed to do. There could be a striking prospect in there somewhere.

I don't know if he has been signed as yet, but I understand that we have signed at least two of the four trialists who played for the U18s last week against Gordon Strachan's Football Foundation. (Cian + 3 x ex Celtic youths)

Cian is/was with St Pats. https://www.stpatsfc.com/profile.php?id=264

As an aside, I noted that the mysterious "Max" was watching today's game from the stand along with Alex Petkov and Bobby Burns.  

Edited by Footballfirst

Alex Kintner
20 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

One positive from today's game was a second appearance for Cian Kavanagh who come as a sub for the last 20 minutes.  He is a big lad for a sixteen year old. Although his first touch wasn't perfect and he did miss a sitter, he at least was in position for the chance and looked to get in behind the Tynecastle defence which Currie and Henderson failed to do. There could be a striking prospect in there somewhere.

I don't know if he has been signed as yet, but I understand that we have signed at least two of the four trialists who played for the U18s last week against Gordon Strachan's Football Foundation. (Cian + 3 x ex Celtic youths)

Cian is/was with St Pats. https://www.stpatsfc.com/profile.php?id=264

As an aside, I noted that the mysterious "Max" was watching today's game from the stand along with Alex Petkov and Bobby Burns.  

Think I’m right in saying Cian is the first signing as part of a new link up process we have over in Ireland?

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Apart from that 7-0 game in Ireland?

Yes. I don't think we won many in recent times

jamboinglasgow
31 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Think I’m right in saying Cian is the first signing as part of a new link up process we have over in Ireland?

Is that something that was being set up that I have not heard about, or are you just presuming that a link up has been created due to this (if he signs) being the third St Pats player we have signed in 3 seasons.

The concern for me is on paper it’s a talented bunch of youngsters today, however against a lower level East of Scotland team, in Tynecastle who to be fair to them were well drilled and organised, there were no shining lights.

I’d expect a couple of youngsters to shine against part time amateur players and I didn’t see that. Some attitudes looked questionable from some of the young boys. 

Great facilility Tynie have at Meggetland now, stand, seats, pie stand, floodlights, etc. Definitely a positive move for them and good to see it not just being used for the rugby now!

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Is that something that was being set up that I have not heard about, or are you just presuming that a link up has been created due to this (if he signs) being the third St Pats player we have signed in 3 seasons.

Was told last week that a new link had been arranged involving Ireland and young players and that we were in the process of bringing over the first player through that link. Gary Kirk involved in the process. That’s all I know.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Not good 

It’s worse than that...

they’re dead, Jim!

3 hours ago, tcjambo said:

Do we ever win a friendly?

Friendlies are a pointless affair. 

A few years ago, we lost 2-1 to Man City, a team that is up there with the best in the World. Osman Sow scored a beautiful goal, springing the offside trap.  It didn't, and doesn't, make us one of the best in the World. 

Likewise, getting beat by some diddy team doesn't make us shite.  It's more about the runaround than anything else! 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Was told last week that a new link had been arranged involving Ireland and young players and that we were in the process of bringing over the first player through that link. Gary Kirk involved in the process. That’s all I know.

Thanks for that, interesting one. Hopefully it proves fruitful for us.

It does appear to be that the club is going for a two prong approach the youth development. There is the main approach where players are raised through the academy and looks like they will provide the majority of the players for the development teams.  Then you have the players from linked clubs or global youth initative partners (i.e. the American clubs, based on what the club has said) to bring in overseas talent.