Reserve League and Cup Fixtures

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Games on Monday afternoons.  Only 10 Teams in the league, but plus Aberdeen and Celtic in the cup.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Reserve League fixtures 2019-20.pdf

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Reserve Cup fixtures 2019-20.pdf

THE SPFL TODAY PUBLISHED THE FIXTURES FOR THE RESERVE LEAGUE AND RESERVE CUP FOR SEASON 2019/20...

There are 10 clubs taking part in this season's Reserve League - they will play each other once at home and once away for a total of 18 games each.

The Reserve League season kicks off on Monday August 19 and runs until Monday April 13, 2020.

In the Reserve Cup the three group winners and best runner-up progress to the semi-finals.

Hearts Cup games are against St Mirren, Dundee United, Hamilton Accies and Hibs.

Edited by Footballfirst

Braw

See how the season progresses 

Ultimately it's about the first teams. Rangers for example can play all the European or English U23 teams they want. But there is no sign of them playing anyone in the first team. Hibs have done very well too in recent years. But the same applies to them. 

Edited by Mikey1874

18 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Rangers and Celtic planning a colts team instead for a future season

Although the opposition to that particularly from League 1 and 2 clubs suggests that isn't happening any time soon. 

For me the key club I was waiting on is Motherwell. Excellent youth set up and perhaps an ally in taking things forward. 

In the league too. 

• 2 weeks later...
Footballfirst

I've heard from a source external to the club that the Reserves have a bounce game/closed door game against St Mirren tomorrow, 2pm at Riccarton.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I've heard from a source external to the club that the Reserves have a bounce game/closed door game against St Mirren tomorrow, 2pm at Riccarton.

Trialist playing that would be worth watching. 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Trialist playing that would be worth watching. 

I was hoping that would be the case.

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I was hoping that would be the case.

Possibly more than one I believe but one in particular should sign on Thursday. 

Footballfirst
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Let's hope he gets international clearance in time for Sunday.

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Well Celtic signed a player on a Sat a couple of years ago and clearance was given by Sunday at noon so it should be ok. 

Jambof3tornado
44 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Oooo I could crush a grape!!!

Footballfirst

If you are "unofficially" attending today's game by car, be aware that the main entrance to the campus is closed, so you will have to enter by the road adjacent to the Park & Ride and drive round the research park. 

18 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

How did Max perform ?  

• 1 month later...