Foundation Pledges

Beast Boy

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

And people still think there is an 'end date' for Budge relinquishing control

:gok:

On every thread, there's always at least one post by someone whose carer has left their phone unattended and unlocked. Here's the first for this thread! 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Nookie Bear

• Unknown user

• portobellojambo1

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

https://goo.gl/maps/TQfkxq5J4q249oXv6

Anyone know how to embed the above Google maps image?

Looking at that map, if we worked with the distillery and contributed to the cost of shifting g the 2 tanks currently being the roseburn stand and I'd we could buy out the old school, we would have space to either increase the roseburn stand or build a new 1. 

Not cheap I know, but it would be the easiest hit for increasing the capacity further if there was a need for it.

30 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

If the Distillery are open to selling land, we should definitely investigate it. 

How about (re)developing the Wheatfield stand?   

I’d suggest it would be more likely that the Distillery would buy from us, obviously that  would be highly unlikely, but in the grand scheme of things, it would be more likely than us purchasing land from them

Ann Budge's salary.

Ladies' football team.

Window cleaning bill.

Levein statue.

There's probably one or two other things.

On a slightly more series note, it should be used, so far as the rules allow, to continue to help the club grow.  The difficulty might be in how to factor that into budgets.  Might need to accrue for one year and then start spending it the next.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think we'd have to be very, very careful regarding any move to buy the old school. The only real reason for buying it would be to give us space to expand the ground further in that direction and the fact that the school building, or at least part of it, is listed raises significant questions over whether we'd ever be able to get permission to do what we wanted. It could end up in us shelling out millions for some land that we can't use for anything other than parking, and a building that's of no real use to us at all but that we're obliged to spend money on maintaining every year. We'd have to be very sure that we'd be allowed to do what we'd want/need to with the site before committing to any purchase there.

:thumbsup:

Phil D. Corners

Jumbotrons and more recording equipment. 

Have the ability to show half time and full time highlights, as well as showing whoever Scot Wilson chats too at half time.

And dare I say it.... disco lights. 

3 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

For me, I'd want to let at least part of it accumulate for a few years, and then buy the pitch behind the Wheatfield, and eventually some more land of the distillery if it becomes available. I would like us to future proof our presence in Gorgie, and to me that land is essential to doing that. I reckon if the distillery ever did move, then we should look to rebuilding the Wheatfield in a similar almost debt-free way, to the way we did the main stand.

Can we not just do a scooby doo style reign of terror on the distillery until they decide to give up and move. If we get caught though and they remove the Janny in charges mask to reveal Vlad with a FTH tattoo across his forehead

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Can we not just do a scooby doo style reign of terror on the distillery until they decide to give up and move. If we get caught though and they remove the Janny in charges mask to reveal Vlad with a FTH tattoo across his forehead

Just divert the Hibs fans past the office windows next home derby, they'll think someone's opened the 'Hell Mouth' and leg it anyway.

I'd hope that we would split the FOH money as follows

- Academy expansion, youth football is a numbers game so would like us to have at least 2 teams per age group, potentially expanding geographically too

- Infrastructure, while there may not be an immediate big project we should have money set aside so that we never are in the position that we need to borrow funding. 

- Remainder should be used as a continuation of the community projects such as Big Hearts etc

132goals1958
2 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

On every thread, there's always at least one post by someone whose carer has left their phone unattended and unlocked. Here's the first for this thread! 

😁

With women's football on the rise world wide, is there a marketing opportunity to encourage more women to pledge?

Just a thought.  Nothing surer than the women's game will continue to flourish as the years roll by and we should be at the forefront of that.

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Yeah, I get that. 

But it's like me or my wife buying something , it makes no difference in reality. 

If we use the foundation money for the infrastructure, pitch, stadium, and projects, then we aren't using our "normal money for that so then we have more money for the playing side available. 

It's  6 or 2 3's imo. 

I also have no problem with the money going on to players, but I know some would so I know it needs to be separate, on paper at leat but in reality it's all the same pot. 

Tbh If we don't see any benefits to the playing side, then I see no point in the money at all. 

Perception is everything in my opinion so I,  personally, think it does matter. However, it seems the majority of FoH members don’t agree with me. I have raised this point at the last two FoH agms and I think the attendees are getting a bit fed up with me now. 😎

SpruceBringsteen

I'd lob a couple of hundred thousand at JKB so we could have a forum where I don't have to read the tedious horsepiss of helmets I've got on ignore every time someone quotes them.

42 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'd hope that we would split the FOH money as follows

- Academy expansion, youth football is a numbers game so would like us to have at least 2 teams per age group, potentially expanding geographically too

- Infrastructure, while there may not be an immediate big project we should have money set aside so that we never are in the position that we need to borrow funding. 

- Remainder should be used as a continuation of the community projects such as Big Hearts etc

Is the correct answer.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Perception is everything in my opinion so I,  personally, think it does matter. However, it seems the majority of FoH members don’t agree with me. I have raised this point at the last two FoH agms and I think the attendees are getting a bit fed up with me now. 😎

It's definitely safer to seperate it on paper. 

No reason why not to, simple to do. 

Clever cookies will know that's it all one of the same pot, tho. 

sandylejambo

The old school could be a great hotel, classrooms halved would be a great size of hotel room, kitchens are there, gym lounge and reception, it's a money maker with parking in the middle

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I believe the hotel which Kilmarnock have (had?) generates several million pound a year in revenue, more than half of their overall turnover. 

Not according to their accounts they don't. 

Turnover for the hotel was just over £2.5million, with an operating profit of £179,008.

Turnover for the football club was just over £5 million  (all but £56,694 is listed as from "footballing activities") and they made an operating loss of £178,738.

Billy Bowie seems to have been the majority shareholder in the hotel in recent years, either directly or through one of his companies. 

But that seems to have changed very recently. So maybe there has been a change of ownership structure. 

Nookie Bear
6 hours ago, Hercules said:

Give it to the new manager to buy players. 

This. 

Perhaps a percentage could be diverted for other projects but surely this is the opportunity to put distance between us and the other non-old form teams?

been here before
6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Every month from start (first month)up to around 4 months ago.

Dinnae go, not interested, dinnae pledge.

But on every thread like a fly on a shit.

portobellojambo1
6 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

Where has anybody said that?

Budge will take the Chair when the club hands over, that's what everybody who has a vote wants. 

Or are you just being a silly Billy again?

I'm guessing that is just a guess on your behalf. I don't think it has even been communicated yet as to whether or not she wants the role anyway. I've certainly not voted on anything yet, in terms of who would be the Chair person as all the potential options haven't been released yet.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Artful Dodger said:

The money needs separation even if it's only in name. Or at least it should never be portrayed as being used to buy players. Never.

It's bad enough now with the "wasted money" chat. 

As signing players is far from a simple dynamic then the 1st dud will cause all sorts of unnecessary problems.

I get that, but that’s the risk we face with every penny that goes into the club in the end. 

Personally i I would rather we funded the team than used £1.4m per year for community projects and some of the projects for the ground would require years of ringfencing the cash. 

I think the pledges should be kept firmly separate. 

In Scotland we don't make enough money from the commercial side to be able to challenge very well, which in my opinion means we need to look at alternative ways of making the club more money. Now, looking at Killie for inspiration, the hotel is a brilliant idea. It would cost a shit ton, but Edinburgh has the Fringe and during August you can't find a hotel room. Planning permission etc. could be an issue but if we could somehow acquire the old school and do something like that there we'd print cash once the initial costs are overcome. 

Basically, what I want to see is Pledge money put toward projects which increase the base from which we can generate money as long term all of that will mean more money to spend on players.

Securing the land around Tynecastle is an urgent issue we need to try and get on top of - Pitch, School and potentially the flats directly behind the Gorgie stand all restrict potential growth. It makes sense that money is put aside to try and secure those bits of land if possible.

100k P/A to the window cleaners and sign a £25K per week midfield god!

or GTF IMO!!’

Italian Lambretta

We could build a little Amsterdam with lots of shop windows and FREE hospitality for all pledgers 😜

1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I'm guessing that is just a guess on your behalf. I don't think it has even been communicated yet as to whether or not she wants the role anyway. I've certainly not voted on anything yet, in terms of who would be the Chair person as all the potential options haven't been released yet.

Reckon a vote would be an absolute landslide in her favour tbh. She’d certainly get my vote and I don’t think i know one solitary Hearts fan in real life who doesn’t think she does a brilliant job. It’d give me the absolute fear if we replaced her with some fat crusty old Willie Bauld Smoker type of bloke, (like we would almost certainly end up with if certain types got their way 😄), making a mess of running things.

Thankfully I’m pretty certain the vast majority realise what we have though, so we should be fine. 👍

Can already mentally picture the sort of folk that would put themselves forward to replace Ann. Hopefully someone finds the fountain of youth and we can keep Ann for the next 100 years. :wub:

indianajones

We should by land somewhere central and build student flats. 

Can absolutely coin it in on a monthly basis. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Why would you get a vote?

portobellojambo1
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Why would you get a vote?

I don't even know who would be doing the voting dave, in terms of those contributing to FOH. Only my thoughts but I'm guessing that when Bidco passes across the shareholding to FOH then Ann will return to being a contributor through the FOH. I understand FOH will not run the club, but the shareholding will make the contributors the owners of the club. The existing football board would then, I guess step down, and a new board, to run the club would have to be elected. One of those, presumably would be the position of CEO, or whatever other name it is called, and that person would then be responsible for deciding on the make up of the board who will oversee the football operations. I accept the word vote appeared in the post I was responding to, but did respond without giving much thought to whom the poster was referring to. I've got no idea if the CEO position would be decided by the existing FOH board, i.e. they would be the only persons voting between themselves, or if it would extend in some way, to the actual contributors. So, in answer to your question, I have no idea if I would get a vote or not, but as a starting point it is something which will give an idea if the existing FOH committee are interested in the thoughts of the majority who contribute the bulk of the monthly amount invested. In saying all that I don't disagree that if she were the stand out option Ann Budge would get every vote, but without actually knowing if there is a potential other option, and what the credentials of that other option are, it is only guesswork to say everyone would vote identically.

davemclaren
Just now, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't even know who would be doing the voting dave, in terms of those contributing to FOH. Only my thoughts but I'm guessing that when Bidco passes across the shareholding to FOH then Ann will return to being a contributor through the FOH. I understand FOH will not run the club, but the shareholding will make the contributors the owners of the club. The existing football board would then, I guess step down, and a new board, to run the club would have to be elected. One of those, presumably would be the position of CEO, or whatever other name it is called, and that person would then be responsible for deciding on the make up of the board who will oversee the football operations. I accept the word vote appeared in the post I was responding to, but did respond without giving much thought to whom the poster was referring to. I've got no idea if the CEO position would be decided by the existing FOH board, i.e. they would be the only persons voting between themselves, or if it would extend in some way, to the actual contributors. So, in answer to your question, I have no idea if I would get a vote or not, but as a starting point it is something which will give an idea if the existing FOH committee are interested in the thoughts of the majority who contribute the bulk of the monthly amount invested. In saying all that I don't disagree that if she were the stand out option Ann Budge would get every vote, but without actually knowing if there is a potential other option, and what the credentials of that other option are, it is only guesswork to say everyone would vote identically.

I think foh members elect the foh board who choose the Hearts board. 

Can't wait until all the building and fit out works are complete and we absolutely cream all the income from the bars etc.

We should get into property! 🤣

portobellojambo1
11 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You may well be right dave. I've not given it an awful lot of thought in all honesty, but I did have it in my head that FOH, be that the existing board representing the full FOH membership or the full membership voting, would elect a head of the football club board, detail the funds available to that person and they would then appoint the remaining members of the football club board. My option to me sounds more like a situation where FOH will own but not run the club kind of fits in. If FOH were to elect the full football board it does suggest they would be running it to a certain extent, and taking something away from the top person on the football board. It depends I guess on where accountability starts and stops, I'm guessing a potential CEO wouldn't like to get pulled up for failing if they had had no say in the persons around them on the football club board. We'll find out eventually I guess.

7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

I’d suggest it would be more likely that the Distillery would buy from us, obviously that  would be highly unlikely, but in the grand scheme of things, it would be more likely than us purchasing land from them

After all the effort to stay at our beloved home I cannot see any circumstance where we would sell Tynecastle to the Distillery!

Shanks said no
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Will the percentage of shares Ann retains after FOH take control not give her a seat on the board anyway?

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Reckon a vote would be an absolute landslide in her favour tbh. She’d certainly get my vote and I don’t think i know one solitary Hearts fan in real life who doesn’t think she does a brilliant job. It’d give me the absolute fear if we replaced her with some fat crusty old Willie Bauld Smoker type of bloke, (like we would almost certainly end up with if certain types got their way 😄), making a mess of running things.

Thankfully I’m pretty certain the vast majority realise what we have though, so we should be fine. 👍

Nothing worse than gammon that’s well past its best

👍🏻

Edited by To Be Frank

maroonedinbriz

I can see both sides of the debate. If I thought I'd help pay the wages of the tossers who turned up at Livingston last season I'd feel sick. However, the main thing about being a football (sports) club is to win stuff. At the moment I think we are a long way off doing that consistently. I think the board should ask the FoH members to choose where they would like to contribute to; Playing side or infrastructure. I would like split my monthly payments if I could.

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

We should by land somewhere central and build student flats. 

Can absolutely coin it in on a monthly basis. 

Stick to what we know.

8 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Nothing worse than gammon that’s well past its best

👍🏻

You can just picture it though, eh? All the Supporters Club Chairmen lining up like a human version of ‘this little piggy’. A gammon-off at the smokers evening. 😄

Footballfirst

Some extracts from the original Governance proposals:

The Club board will decide the strategy of the Club and its business, but it will not conduct the day-to-day operational management of the Club. As with most medium-sized or large companies, managerial authority will be delegated by the board to the executive  management team, headed by the chief executive. The chief executive will report to the board, and the board will oversee the executive team as they carry out their roles. The chief executive will be given extensive authority, but important matters on which the board’s decision is necessary will be clearly delineated.

A nomination and governance committee will be established to identify the best possible candidates to fill positions on the board, and to ensure that the board has an appropriate balance in terms of its skills base. Its remit would extend to screening and proposing candidates for senior executive positions, and identifying the best-qualified director to be chairman of the Club. The board of the Foundation would consult the committee when nominating its two representatives to the Club board, and when selecting the Foundation’s chairman.

The Club is taking steps to roll out a nomination and governance committee, audit and risk committee and remuneration committee before the transfer of majority ownership of the Club. In that event, we would retain these committees in place.

portobellojambo1
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You can just picture it though, eh? All the Supporters Club Chairmen lining up like a human version of ‘this little piggy’. A gammon-off at the smokers evening. 😄

Although a chairman of one of the Supporters Clubs I'm not a member of the Willie Bauld Memorial Club, and I'm now an ex-smoker (I think, I'm not honestly sure what the correct terminology is for people who have given up tobacco and now use a vape). I also have no desire to be on the board of The Heart of Midlothian Football Club as I don't have the business skills required to carry out such a role. I'm not sure if that excuses me from the above picture you are trying to portray.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:jjyay:

7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Although a chairman of one of the Supporters Clubs I'm not a member of the Willie Bauld Memorial Club, and I'm now an ex-smoker (I think, I'm not honestly sure what the correct terminology is for people who have given up tobacco and now use a vape). I also have no desire to be on the board of The Heart of Midlothian Football Club as I don't have the business skills required to carry out such a role. I'm not sure if that excuses me from the above picture you are trying to portray.

Errr... no. Not you PJ1. Jesus Christ. Paranoid much?

I mean one of the identikit old duffers that are normally attracted to these sort of things. I don’t know you from Adam and certainly didn’t know you were actually a chairman of one of these clubs. 😄

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Errr... no. Not you PJ1. Jesus Christ. Paranoid much?

I mean one of the identikit old duffers that are normally attracted to these sort of things. I don’t know you from Adam and certainly didn’t know you were actually a chairman of one of these clubs. 😄

Well...you and the Other One did say “all” Supporters Club Chairmen as being gammon. Huge lolz etc

You’ve been called out on it so should apologise. 👍🏻