Badge, why the underscore?

TyphoonJambo

TyphoonJambo

Not that important but I've often wondered why 1874 is underscored? It's not as if iy can be read upside down. Any ideas? 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Not that important but I've often wondered why 1874 is underscored? It's not as if iy can be read upside down. Any ideas? 

😳

I actually just assumed it was to do with scanning, for ease of reading. Four letters and four numbers split in to segments by the saltire. To make it easy to read, so people know where to start, the fullstop goes between the H and the M, so people don't read it left to right as FHMC, and the underline under the date to point out it's not part of the acronym?

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Debut 4 said:

Think it’s a bogey because we seem to underscore season to season just now.

::troll::  

Bummer! I was hoping to start a thread, however mundane, in which it would be difficult to be negative or slate the manager. 

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

Bummer! I was hoping to start a thread, however mundane, in which it would be difficult to be negative or slate the manager. 

Good luck with that... A thread about Capri-sun could be turned in to a Levein-oot thread on here just now.

Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Good luck with that... A thread about Capri-sun could be turned in to a Levein-oot thread on here just now.

You seen the price of those bloody things at Tynecastle? :muggy:

Budge and Levein oot! 

Because there was such a debate over when the club was formed (1873 v 1874) that when the 1874'ers won they made it clear by underlining it

Robbo-Jambo
27 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Think it’s a bogey because we seem to underscore season to season just now.

::troll::  

😄

1 hour ago, kila said:

Because there was such a debate over when the club was formed (1873 v 1874) that when the 1874'ers won they made it clear by underlining it

Could've just written FACT after it.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Capri sun's are under rated. 

Quality on a hot day. 

been here before
4 minutes ago, Boof said:

Could've just written FACT after it.

Would certainly make it true. Cant argue with that- FACT.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, been here before said:

Would certainly make it true. Cant argue with that- FACT.

Aye you can. FACT

😳

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Quality on a hot day. 

They just appear that way when they have better quality drinks around them. In a shite selection of refreshments they don't stand out.

22 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Because it’s much more classy than trampy stars??

An awful development in recent times. We could win the Champions League, Premier and Scottish Cup treble in the space of a week and I still wouldn't want some poxy star above the Heart of Midlothian. 

Cant decide which is worse: Rangers and their 5 stars or Aberdeen's 2nd star for the European Super Cup. 

Still surprised Hibs didn't plonk one above their badge for winning a tournament that had been won regularly by others in a 114 years period. 

Edited by martoon

Bazzas right boot

They just appear that way when they have better quality drinks around them. In a shite selection of refreshments they don't stand out.

Nah, they are underrated. FACT. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, martoon said:

An awful development in recent times. We could win the Champions League, Premier and Scottish Cup treble in the space of a week and I still wouldn't want some poxy star above the Heart of Midlothian. 

Cant decide which is worse: Rangers and their 5 stars or Aberdeen's 2nd star for the European Super Cup. 

Still surprised Hibs didn't plonk one above their badge for winning a tournament that had won been won regularly by others in a 114 years period. 

If we win the league I'd want a big massive **** star on everyone's heed. 

been here before
Just now, martoon said:

Still surprised Hibs didn't plonk one above their badge for winning a tournament that had won been won regularly by others in a 114 years period. 

Surely they're entitled to an honourary one for teaching the Brazilians how to play. The CBF have 5, the least they could do is put one in the post to Leef.

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

If we win the league I'd want a big massive **** star on everyone's heed. 

It will be boom time for tattooists when we win the title. Might even get my first. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

The ridiculous five stars on the Hun badge by a mile for me. One for every ten league titles. What and absolute beamer that is. :rofl:

I think Celtic have won it 50 times now annaw... wonder why they haven't stuck five wee silly stars on their badge? :unsure:

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

Surely they're entitled to an honourary one for teaching the Brazilians how to play. The CBF have 5, the least they could do is put one in the post to Leef.

Aye. Those three defeats Hibs suffered on that tour were a pivotal moment for Brazil.  

Bazzas right boot

Aye. Those three defeats Hibs suffered on that tour were a pivotal moment for Brazil.  

You do learn more in defeat than victory. 

😎

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

You do learn more in defeat than victory. 

😎

They must be geniuses by now then, just through the Edinburgh derby alone.

7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

The ridiculous five stars on the Hun badge by a mile for me. One for every ten league titles. What and absolute beamer that is. :rofl:

I think Celtic have won it 50 times now annaw... wonder why they haven't stuck five wee silly stars on their badge? :unsure:

Have to agree. 5 to represent 54 is the winner (or loser) in the ridiculous star league table. 

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

I remember when they got that standard template strip a few years ago with the stripe thing across it and tried to pass it off to the fans as a representation of the Easter road slope🤣

Fxxx the SPFL
26 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Quality on a hot day. 

Kiora Orange was the best in the old days which i used to sell at Tynie in the early seventies walking round the track in front of the shed with a tray full of the stuff Wagon Wheels, Chewing gum some of my mates piled down to the front of the shed and tried to pilfer stuff out my tray naughty swines..

Edited by Ray has bus pass hooray
spelling

Hectormasson
10 minutes ago, RS86 said:

It was one of the changes when pieman changed the badge for no apparent reason

Correct,  bring back the old Crest now !!! It was and still is the best , thing of class and beauty, no one had the right to change it  !!!

Just now, martoon said:

Have to agree. 5 to represent 54 is the winner (or loser) in the ridiculous star league table. 

Reeks of:

'Celtic have won the European Cup and put a star above their badge to mark the achievement.'

'Let's do the same with our Cup Winner's Cup.'

'Aye, but it's not as big a deal as the European Cup.'

'Hmmmmmm... good point. What totally risible and tenuous thing can we come up with?'

'A star for every ten Championships?'

'Make it so!'

******s. :rofl:

Might be wrong but I think Huddersfield have 3 stars above whatever their badge is. Representing their 1924, '25 and '26 titles. 

Must win the most historical bung up a star award. 

2 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct,  bring back the old Crest now !!! It was and still is the best , thing of class and beauty, no one had the right to change it  !!!

Was around the time of the All:sport sponsorship deal IIRC when the strongbow one expired. Felt like an attempt to try and rebrand

Might be wrong but I think Huddersfield have 3 stars above whatever their badge is. Representing their 1924, '25 and '26 titles. 

Man City when they were shit had two for no reason... just because they thought it looked good... now that’s taking liberties 🤣

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, martoon said:

Theres some clown in Macdonalds wi 5 stars!!!! 

Reeks of:

'Celtic have won the European Cup and put a star above their badge to mark the achievement.'

'Let's do the same with our Cup Winner's Cup.'

'Aye, but it's not as big a deal as the European Cup.'

'Hmmmmmm... good point. What totally risible and tenuous thing can we come up with?'

'A star for every ten Championships?'

'Make it so!'

******s. :rofl:

I was thinking that, too. A single 1972 related star, whilst in itself a bit feeble, would look better than 5 daft stars strewn over the badge. Particularly now that Celtic, too, have won 50.

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

Man City when they were shit had two for no reason... just because they thought it looked good... now that’s taking liberties 🤣

Feck me, we may have our winner. :lol:

14 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Looks very dated IMO. The current one is superior.

Jambo, Goodbye

I think the _ is to give it symmetry. Otherwise the 1874 would look too high up within it's wee space. Too much empty space before the 87 so it would look off centre I think.  

4 minutes ago, Homme said:

I agree.

Jambo, Goodbye
4 minutes ago, Homme said:

:spoton:

18 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I remember when they got that standard template strip a few years ago with the stripe thing across it and tried to pass it off to the fans as a representation of the Easter road slope🤣

That thing they tried to pass off as a Famous Five tribute in 2014/15 was a belter. A cheap bottle green T-shirt to represent the Hibs shirt in the 1920's when Reilly, Smith...were born. 

Just now, martoon said:

That thing they tried to pass off as a Famous Five tribute in 2014/15 was a belter. A cheap bottle green T-shirt to represent the Hibs shirt in the 1920's when Reilly, Smith...were born. 

That was my favourite recent hibsing.

Or the top representing the famous slope. Hand picked for Hibs and not at all the previous seasons Spurs top.

8 minutes ago, Homme said:

Loved the 1950's original but tend to agree. 

6 minutes ago, Homme said:

Somewhere between the two would be best. I do like the Gothic don't don't but appreciate it's a bit dated now. The colours on the current one are awful.