Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Radio Ga Ga

Doddy’s Testimonial

Recommended Posts

Radio Ga Ga

A few good players in that Hearts Team 

4459B98C-E620-4A81-B128-49C33D3C1EB3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
feedtheroman2

"Keegan, Keegan,  sign for us!"  Sang the shed😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22games nro

Skol lager, that takes me back a bit !!

 

Image result for skol lager advertising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Fox
Posted (edited)

The height of the terracing up the corner at the Gorgie end is awesome!!

 

A properly filled in corner!! It’s just not the same these days!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Des Lynam
10 minutes ago, feedtheroman2 said:

"Keegan, Keegan,  sign for us!"  Sang the shed😎

 

What a player he would have been to come off the bench for Robbo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
novoman

Who is the player at the end of the front row next to Mackay ? Is it Cowie ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bigdav
2 minutes ago, novoman said:

Who is the player at the end of the front row next to Mackay ? Is it Cowie ?

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
assessor
50 minutes ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

A few good players in that Hearts Team 

4459B98C-E620-4A81-B128-49C33D3C1EB3.jpeg

 

 

9 International players in that picture

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Old Castle Rock

Keegan was tremendous that night , loved it just loved it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3fingersreid

Not too shabby a trio on the bench either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug

OK then.  Score?  Was Rick happy?  Was i8 happy?  Who scored?  Who was the opposition? Where was Levein?

 

Just finished Keegan's book.  One of the best I've read.  Thank God that Ashley bloke has nothing to do with us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Enzo Chiefo

Pre match compere Andy Cameron wandering towards the Shed and crossing himself,...great banter that provoked a sway (ahhh , the good ol' days) down towards the corner flag. Nowadays, some %$&€ would film it on their mobile, twatter would be in meltdown and a judge led inquiry would follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BarneyBattles
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

OK then.  Score?  Was Rick happy?  Was i8 happy?  Who scored?  Who was the opposition? Where was Levein?

 

Just finished Keegan's book.  One of the best I've read.  Thank God that Ashley bloke has nothing to do with us.  

 

Cant remember the score, 3-2 maybe? Played v. Rangers and levein was in the team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, assessor said:

 

 

9 International players in that picture

I make it 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kiwidoug
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

 

Cant remember the score, 3-2 maybe? Played v. Rangers and levein was in the team!

Never thought of that.  Oor Craig is ubiquitous.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pre match compere Andy Cameron wandering towards the Shed and crossing himself,...great banter that provoked a sway (ahhh , the good ol' days) down towards the corner flag. Nowadays, some %$&€ would film it on their mobile, twatter would be in meltdown and a judge led inquiry would follow. 

Good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Pre match compere Andy Cameron wandering towards the Shed and crossing himself,...great banter that provoked a sway (ahhh , the good ol' days) down towards the corner flag. Nowadays, some %$&€ would film it on their mobile, twatter would be in meltdown and a judge led inquiry would follow. 

Sure he bared his arse. Or pretended to.

 

Or is my memory scrambled?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stevie1874
20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Sure he bared his arse. Or pretended to.

 

Or is my memory scrambled?

Unless my memories going also, I think he did ( drop his trousers) in the centre circle towards the Hearts support. Great evening,   place was packed and Keegan albeit at the end of his career was absolute class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guess The Crowd
8 hours ago, feedtheroman2 said:

"Keegan, Keegan,  sign for us!"  Sang the shed😎

 

Beat me to it!

 

Best ever atmosphere for a friendly, the place was mental that night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist

Great night. Thanks to OP for memory revival :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pettigrewsstylist

Could do with a Davie B type in current squad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules

Whole ground sang the Sash at one point. Some Hun support through for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robbo-Jambo
Posted (edited)

Big Roddy Mcdonald. 

 

A typical no nonsense centre half. 

 

Sure he went on to become a policeman. 

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paris 84
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Hercules said:

Whole ground sang the Sash at one point. Some Hun support through for it. 

 

I can assure you neither I nor anyone around me did. 

Edited by Paris 84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GorgieRules22
29 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

 

I can assure you neither I nor anyone around me did. 

Spoil sport 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
48 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

 

I can assure you neither I nor anyone around me did. 

Absolute bollocks. The whole ground was at it 😂😂😂😂. Sorry if you’re upset about it, but if you were there, you know it’s true 😂🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Section Q
1 hour ago, Hercules said:

Whole ground sang the Sash at one point. Some Hun support through for it. 

Amazing to think that was before segregated fans. No wonder there was a bit of biff......!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Amazing to think that was before segregated fans. No wonder there was a bit of biff......!!

It was after segregated fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sandyk
2 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

 

Beat me to it!

 

Best ever atmosphere for a friendly, the place was mental that night.

Think the attendance was around 18K, which is superb for a testimonial.  I drove up from Grimsby to watch it with a couple of mates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
farin
10 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Skol lager, that takes me back a bit !!

 

Image result for skol lager advertising

 

Never liked it myself, an Asda now stands on the site of the old brewery in Alloa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
37 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Amazing to think that was before segregated fans. No wonder there was a bit of biff......!!

There was a fence between the Gorgie road end and the benches 😂😂. Proper segregation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
durhamhearts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
durhamhearts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
durhamhearts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
2 hours ago, Hercules said:

Absolute bollocks. The whole ground was at it 😂😂😂😂. Sorry if you’re upset about it, but if you were there, you know it’s true 😂🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

 

It’s fair to say it was a right old sash bash! I was getting brave and sitting at the end of the benches at that stage before my graduation to the shed and I was getting to grips with most of the Hearts songs. I remember asking my mates dad what song is that a few times, he said he didn’t know.... aye right then🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
durhamhearts

Rangers ran out winners 3 - 2 and the crowd was nearly 18,000 I was drafted in to work a Turnstile at the school end while on my way to the game I missed the first 20 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
10 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

 

It’s fair to say it was a right old sash bash! I was getting brave and sitting at the end of the benches at that stage before my graduation to the shed and I was getting to grips with most of the Hearts songs. I remember asking my mates dad what song is that a few times, he said he didn’t know.... aye right then🤣

Correct mate. 1984. Hearts v Rangers. The good old days. Some people are in denial if they think there wasn’t any “naughty” songs sung. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paris 84
4 hours ago, Hercules said:

Absolute bollocks. The whole ground was at it 😂😂😂😂. Sorry if you’re upset about it, but if you were there, you know it’s true 😂🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

 

I’m certainly not upset and I can assure you I was there alright. I was in the North Enclosure and I’ll state it again, neither I nor anyone around me were singing the sash. I have my doubts that anyone in the main stand would be singing it in unison with the Huns either. Some youngsters  under the shed may have, but no matter how much you think you remember ‘the whole ground singing’ it never happened. For the record I was 25yrs at that match, not an impressionable wee laddie. 

 

Sorry if I’ve ruined your memory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
7 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

 

I’m certainly not upset and I can assure you I was there alright. I was in the North Enclosure and I’ll state it again, neither I nor anyone around me were singing the sash. I have my doubts that anyone in the main stand would be singing it in unison with the Huns either. Some youngsters  under the shed may have, but no matter how much you think you remember ‘the whole ground singing’ it never happened. For the record I was 25yrs at that match, not an impressionable wee laddie. 

 

Sorry if I’ve ruined your memory. 

😂😂. You’ve not ruined my memory Sir. If I offended you, apologies. But I can assure you, there was a resounding, and may I say, a rather  impressive round of the sash. If you remember Sir, the early 80’s the Hearts support sang the sash and many songs of the same ilk regularly during the games. You may not like it, but it was rife amongst the supporters.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Paris 84
25 minutes ago, Hercules said:

😂😂. You’ve not ruined my memory Sir. If I offended you, apologies. But I can assure you, there was a resounding, and may I say, a rather  impressive round of the sash. If you remember Sir, the early 80’s the Hearts support sang the sash and many songs of the same ilk regularly during the games. You may not like it, but it was rife amongst the supporters.  

 

You haven’t offended me, we will however agree to differ on any rendition the Sash ever being described as impressive!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fort Vallance

Keegan = Berthe.  One game and never seen again. Seriously though that was a cracking night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamhammer

I can name everyone of those players. Top team that. Great game and superb seeing one of my favourite ever players Keegan playing for us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The White Cockade
45 minutes ago, Hercules said:

😂😂. You’ve not ruined my memory Sir. If I offended you, apologies. But I can assure you, there was a resounding, and may I say, a rather  impressive round of the sash. If you remember Sir, the early 80’s the Hearts support sang the sash and many songs of the same ilk regularly during the games. You may not like it, but it was rife amongst the supporters.  

You are 100% correct

that trash was being sung in the 80’s and in the 80’s it should stay 

no need to copy Sevco songs these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
14 hours ago, assessor said:

 

 

9 International players in that picture

I get 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cauther col

Kevin Keegan was terrific that night , really showed his class and control. Great to see him in a Hearts shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hercules
37 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

 

You haven’t offended me, we will however agree to differ on any rendition the Sash ever being described as impressive!!

 

 

Agreed Sir. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Boris
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, assessor said:

 

 

9 International players in that picture

 

1 hour ago, Morgan said:

I get 10.

 

Bowman

Smith

Levein

Johnstone

McDonald

Keegan

Robbo

Jardine

MacKay

 

Did Bone get a cap?  Not sure Cowie, Kidd, Big Rod or Park got a cap?

 

EDIT: Checked wikipoedia - Bone got 2 caps in 1972

Edited by Boris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
5 minutes ago, Boris said:

 

 

Bowman

Smith

Levein

Johnstone

McDonald

Keegan

Robbo

Jardine

MacKay

 

Did Bone get a cap?  Not sure Cowie, Kidd, Big Rod or Park got a cap?

 

EDIT: Checked wikipoedia - Bone got 2 caps in 1972

You and your damn edit! :rolleyes:

 

I was just about to post that Bone got a couple of caps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

You are 100% correct

that trash was being sung in the 80’s and in the 80’s it should stay 

no need to copy Sevco songs these days 

The Sash is NOT and I repeat NOT a Glasgow Rangers Football Club song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dannymack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...