ย 

Thanks

ย 

some bloody goal that v Brora Scousers.ย :thumb:

2 hours ago, bazman said:

Liverpool Brora all the same really ๐Ÿ™„

Those famous Liverpool black and yellow stripes... ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚

9 minutes ago, Four faces said:

Is there any other footage, highlights from that game?

ย 

This is all I could find

ย 

ย 

On 18/07/2019 at 11:46, Deans Jambo said:

Not sure if it's been stated but why is the Cambridge game behind closed doors?

ย 

Trying to keep the spies away!

Seymour M Hersh
29 minutes ago, RobNox said:

ย 

Trying to keep the spies away!

ย 

No chance they'll keep these two away.ย 

ย 

ย 

th.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dayman said:

Those famous Liverpool black and yellow stripes... ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜‚

Couldn't really make it out on my phone lol thought it was just their away strip

Any first team players playing for us? Noticed walker on Instagram is at Tynecastle so he must be involvedย 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

Any first team players playing for us? Noticed walker on Instagram is at Tynecastle so he must be involvedย 

I know the team, but have been asked not to make it public. What I will say is that there are 11 changes to the starting line up from Tuesday's game v Cowdenbeath

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I know the team, but have been asked not to make it public. What I will say is that there are 11 changes to the starting line up from Tuesday's game v Cowdenbeath

Can you say if any are potential new signings?

Footballfirst
Just now, Big Bruno said:

I can't figure out why there's secrecy around our line up then.

Neither can I, particularly when the opposition provide their team and goal updates. We have also had Hearts players posting videos of their goals in "closed door" games.

heartmussel
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Neither can I, particularly when the opposition provide their team and goal updates. We have also had Hearts players posting videos of their goals in "closed door" games.

Yup strange one ,unless a potential signing in line up, but suppose if itโ€™s an experienced player we wouldnโ€™t really need to see him play in closed door game๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

ย 

Plus CL pretty much confirms who'll be playing in his interviews from yesterday. He names White, Cochrane, Keena, Petkov, and Moore who are all starting I'd suspect.ย ย 

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

ย 

4-4-2 again?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, WageThief said:

ย 

Plus CL pretty much confirms who'll be playing in his interviews from yesterday. He names White, Cochrane, Keena, Petkov, and Moore who are all starting I'd suspect.ย ย 

Only two out of five I'm afraid. Must be saving some for tomorrow's big game against Tynecastle.

scott herbertson

Maybe we have a trialist playing for Cambridge?

ย 

ย 

(I have a Masters in Internet Conspiracy Theories)

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

ย 

4-4-2 again?

No idea. I'm relying on twitter and texts for updates.

scott herbertson
Just now, Footballfirst said:

Only two out of five I'm afraid. Must be saving some for tomorrow's big game against Tynecastle.

ย 

I'd go for Cochrane and Moore

Footballfirst

I'm heading out to the Nitten v Auchinleck friendly at New Victoria Park so no more updates before full time.

allanwilson1970
11 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
GOAL - UNITED Trialist tucks away a third for the Uโ€™s who have been well in control of proceedings at Tynecastle since the break. HEA 1-3 #CamUTD

ย 

Without giving the team from today away l, for tomorrowโ€™s game against Tynecastle, will we have a very young team or reserve team tomorrow ?

6 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

From photos I see Doyle, Brandon, Walker, Mulraney and C.Smith

ย 

Jamie Walkerย captain. Doyle in goals.

ย 

IMG_20190720_133311.jpg

Edited by Mikey1874

scott herbertson

We're being too nice to these teams - I know it's a friendly but....

ย 

ย 

ย 

From the match report

ย 

"However it was United who looked the more threatening through the middle of the first half. Harrison Dunk showed tremendous commitment to throw his head at a dangerous cross in from the right but directed his header over the top before being flattered by the Hearts keeper."

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, allanwilson1970 said:

ย 

Without giving the team from today away l, for tomorrowโ€™s game against Tynecastle, will we have a very young team or reserve team tomorrow ?

Probably a bit of both. There were maybe two first choice players who started today's game.ย 

Portable Badger
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

ย 

Jamie Walkerย captain. Doyle in goals.

ย 

IMG_20190720_133311.jpg

How did those three get in to watch the game?

Just now, Portable Badger said:

ย They just never left last week.

ย 

ย 

Portable Badger
Match Reports

MATCH REPORT | HEARTS 2 CAMBRIDGE UNITED 3

Just now

ย 
ย 
Large
ย 

Cambridge United completed a productive pre-season tour in Scotland with a 2-3 victory against Heart of Midlothian at Tynecastle Park.

Paul Lewis registered in the first half for the Uโ€™s, before Liam Oโ€™Neil and a trialist added to the scoreline after the break as Unitedโ€™s preparations for the 2019/20ย  continue to progress well.

The Uโ€™s struck the woodwork inside a minute via a quickly worked short corner routine that picked out Greg Taylor in space for a volley eight yards out, but the United skipperโ€™s effort crashed against the foot of the post and bounced into hands of the Hearts keeper.ย 

ย 

Callum Burton had to watch a dipping strike from mid-range very carefully, which clipped the top of the Uโ€™s keeperโ€™s net on 12 minutes.

However it was United who looked the more threatening through the middle of the first half. Harrison Dunk showed tremendous commitment to throw his head at a dangerous cross in from the right but directed his header over the top before being flattered by the Hearts keeper.

Paul Lewis made no mistake on 18 minutes with his chance though, as the midfielder met Liam Oโ€™Neilโ€™s cut back decisively by wrapping in a low shot with his first touch to open the scores.ย 

United were able to make contact on a superb delivery through the Hearts 18 yard box by Reggie Lambe minutes later, which zipped tantalisingly past Unitedโ€™s attackers. Likewise Kyle Knoyle wasnโ€™t able to take advantage when being found in behind the Jamtarts defence with a searching clipped pass over the top by Oโ€™Neil.

The Uโ€™s back four made a series of important interceptions as the end of the first half approached inside their area to protect the one goal advantage, and a shot from the Hearts right back which nestled into the side netting looked to be covered by a Burton at his near post regardless.ย 

However, when United gifted possession away in the centre of the park four minutes before the break Hearts levelled with a ruthless strike past Burton into the keeperโ€™s top left corner to make it one a piece.

Jabo Ibehre was introduced after half time and was immediately at the heart of neat free flowing move from the Uโ€™s which almost led to a second goal for the Uโ€™s but Harrison Dunkโ€™s cross fizzed through the Hearts six yard box.

Reggie Lambe couldnโ€™t keep his shot down as a loose bounced the way of the Bermudan in the edge of the Hearts area from a United set piece, and he fired over the bar seven minutes into the second half.

Greg Taylor forced a point blank save from the Hearts keeper with a header at the far post from a deep delivery by Dan Jones.

Unitedโ€™s increase in pressure told though as Jabo Ibehre forceed a good save from the Hearts keeper one on one but Liam Oโ€™Neil tucked away the rebound into an empty net following good play by Lambe in the build up, as United restored their lead.

Two quickly became three just before the hour mark as a striker on trial for the Uโ€™s calmly finished to give United daylight on the scoreboard.

Colin Calderwood introduced a host of players soon after to ensure the majority of the squad continued to gain valuable match minutes. One of the new arrival Harry Darling was denied the opportunity to add the Uโ€™s fourth goal when the defenderโ€™s clean strike on the volley was palmed away by the Hearts keeper.

The hosts struck back with ten minutes to play as they fired a low cross in froom the right hand side which was hammered in at the far post to give Burton no chance. However, the U's managed the remainder of the fixture with a great temperament to complete their Scotland tour with a win.

Cambridge United Starting XI | Burton, Knoyle (Davies, 60 min), Taylor (John, 60 mins), Trialist (Darling, 60 mins), Jones (Worman, 75 mins), Lambe (Knowle, 60 mins), Lewis (Hannant, 60 mins), Oโ€™Neil (Trialist, 60 mins), Dunk (Norville-Williams, 60 mins), Trialist (Ibehre, 45 mins), Trialistย (Neal, 75 mins)

ย 
ย 

8 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

ย 

To post updates on Kickback

Hackney Hearts
20 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

We're being too nice to these teams - I know it's a friendly but....

"Harrison Dunk showed tremendous commitment to throw his head at a dangerous cross in from the right but directed his header over the top before being flattered by the Hearts keeper."

ย 

I believe Doyle's compliment was "You have a lovely name, mate. Ever thought of taking up basketball?"