Liverpool U23 Bounce Game

Portable Badger

Portable Badger

Reported on LFC website - as part of their Scotland tour that Hearts playing them tomorrow      Head Coach states 'playing at their stadium'  so I assume they mean Tynie

Anybody ITK if there's any chance it might be at Oriam and KO time?

Edited by Portable Badger

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Portable Badger

• Mikey1874

• AGoodLaugh

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, the_jailer said:

Sure we’ve got a game against Cambridge to

Cambridge I believe is being played at Largs

42 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Don't think it is...

The U’s will face Rangers behind-closed-doors tomorrow [Tuesday, July 16] before facing Hearts in Edinburgh on Saturday [July 20], which will be open to selected members of the press

I imagine that will be at the Orium

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/sport/cambridge-united-midfielder-looks-forward-16590307

I watched them against Spartans on Monday. Quality was poor and they won 1-0 due to a goalkeeping error from a passback. Obviously it's just a bounce game but I'd be hoping for a comfortable win from this one, all of their good young players are away with the main Liverpool squad. 

Footballfirst

The Liverpool game is being played at Tynecastle as far as I know. I've had it confirmed that the Cambridge game is also at Tynecastle on Saturday. Just to confuse matters Sunday's game, against Tynecastle, is at Meggetland.

6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The Liverpool game is being played at Tynecastle as far as I know. I've had it confirmed that the Cambridge game is also at Tynecastle on Saturday. Just to confuse matters Sunday's game, against Tynecastle, is at Meggetland.

So we're playing Meggetland in Liverpool? And Tynecastle are watching it in The Cambridge Bar? Good burgers there, might go.

BTW, what is Meggetland? Is it a theme park?

14 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So we're playing Meggetland in Liverpool? And Tynecastle are watching it in The Cambridge Bar? Good burgers there, might go.

BTW, what is Meggetland? Is it a theme park?

Astro pitch near the Corn Exchange 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

According to the referee, it's at Tynecastle.

GorgieRules22
29 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Was a rumour that we are looking at a Liverpool youngster on loan - wonder if he will be playing against us?!

Andy Robertson’s injured mate.

35 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Was a rumour that we are looking at a Liverpool youngster on loan - wonder if he will be playing against us?!

5 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

Andy Robertson’s injured mate.

They do have a young Scottish left back in fairness. Not injured but I'm sure that would change if he ever signed for us 😅

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gallacher

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Lfhearts said:

SG is that another guess then.

56 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

According to the referee, it's at Tynecastle.

Thanks chaps, I read on here it was at Largs, where Cambridge were training or something like that. Should have known better :lol:

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Its a midfielder we are looking at seemingly.  I will get a name and post

Herbie Kane

1 minute ago, PB21 said:

Herbie Kane

Highly thought of and Rangers have been linked with a move.

Given Gerrards connection with Liverpool I think he’d go there should they be interested.

56 minutes ago, PB21 said:

I mentioned on another thread Liverpool had two decent players in midfield, number 6 and 7, sure one was Spanish.....he never lost the ball and was turning people effortlessly 

12 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Herbie Kane

I actually singled him out to my mate as being really poor against Spartans on Monday - kept giving the ball away. Let's hope I'm as bad a scout as I am a player 😂

scott herbertson
51 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

They do have a young Scottish left back in fairness. Not injured but I'm sure that would change if he ever signed for us 😅

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Gallacher

There might be something in that - his cousin is our goalkeeping coach!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Gallacher

2 hours ago, AGoodLaugh said:

I watched them against Spartans on Monday. Quality was poor and they won 1-0 due to a goalkeeping error from a passback. Obviously it's just a bounce game but I'd be hoping for a comfortable win from this one, all of their good young players are away with the main Liverpool squad. 

Spartans defended them well first half forcing them side to side only then 2nd half should've won with their chances.

I'm not sure if they're regulars for their 23s as some boys including the captain were up on the balcony watching.

They were not that great and lacked quality and ideas so hopefully it's the same team that plays us.

Portable Badger

Any rumours re the score?

LFC site shows a graphic stating U23s "Last Match" Hearts 0-0 LFC

Is that the final score or they just haven't fully updated the site?

Liam Millar who is a Canadian international scored a goal and assisted on another for LFC U23's in the win according to his Dad on our Voyageurs website, he was loaned to  Kilmarnock last season, I wonder if Hearts aren't looking at him, he's a good young player that would help us!

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/74943-liam-millar/page/28/#comments

Inch Hearts
21 minutes ago, gator said:

Liam Millar who is a Canadian international scored a goal and assisted on another for LFC U23's in the win according to his Dad on our Voyageurs website, he was loaned to  Kilmarnock last season, I wonder if Hearts aren't looking at him, he's a good young player that would help us!

https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/topic/74943-liam-millar/page/28/#comments

Going back to Killie. 

FWIW Liam said it was a lot of the Hearts 1st team, it was a closed door friendly so it really doesn't matter, I wouldn't imagine many who played Tuesday would have seen minutes!

47 minutes ago, Inch Hearts said:

Going back to Killie. 

Deal between the clubs agreed apparently but it's with Alessio to decide whether or not he wants him so not 100% done as yet

afanderson33

Also the guy criticising our league on that Canadian forum should take a look at Marcus ****ing Godinho, a boy so bad we punted him, and yet he's their starting right back

16 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Also the guy criticising our league on that Canadian forum should take a look at Marcus ****ing Godinho, a boy so bad we punted him, and yet he's their starting right back

I don't disagree, many of us were not too pleased with Marcus starting after very little club action since coming back from injury, our manager is taking a lot of heat for that as he should, there were better options, hopefully Godinho gets his career back on track!

Portable Badger
8 minutes ago, bazman said:

Connor smith has shared his goal from yesterday on Instagram 

Any chance you uploading on here?   I don't do Instantgranny