• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homme

• hueyview

• Irufushi

• Marvin

If the league goes on to resemble last years later stages, i can see the same 5/6 players being taken by many teams.....

its getting the new signings right, which will be difficult....

Apologies, that's my £5 entry sent just now, for Souttarific FC! 

Doing shite already though :lol:

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Apologies, that's my £5 entry sent just now, for Souttarific FC! 

Doing shite already though :lol:

Nice one mate, cheers! 

4 hours ago, Lee Ham said:

£5 sent now, team name is WeOnlyWonFiveOne.

Got it mate. Sorry was driving up to Inverness this evening. I'll mark you off.

Gold luck! 

Embarrassing stuff from me.  Almost 80 points off the top already.  Might have to play my wildcard this week.  Think the guy in the lead has the right idea of playing just one striker.  As it seems more goals are being scored by midfielders. 

Placid Casual
On 22/08/2019 at 14:07, Homme said:

Wee bump for anyone still to fire over their entry money. Be good to get this prize pot up further! 

Done, thanks for setting this up 👍

On 29/08/2019 at 13:42, hueyview said:

Funny how my team is morphing into last years selections...  Vardy and Aguero.

Good scoring by these two........  Have to submit transfers nearer kickoff time to avoid missing late injuries.

On 17/07/2019 at 11:21, Homme said:

Hi all, there has been some interest in renewing this for the upcoming season. All the below has been copy and pasted from last year with the relevant information changed. Once again, i have sought approval from Admin who have kindly allowed us to renew the competition this year.

This is your standard Fantasy Football game. £100M to spend on players with transfers available throughout the season. The rules are simple - the persons with the most points at the end of the 2019/20 season is declared the winner. Last time around we had cash prizes for the top 5 players - prizes are agreed between participants when all monies are collected.

ENTRY TO THIS LEAGUE IS £5 - Prize money will be the total amount collected by the cut off date of September 14th. This gives a month after the season starts to have your entry fee in. All prize money split will be decided by entrants when it is known what the total prize pot is. The more entrants, the greater the prizes and perhaps the more places we can award prizes to.

Payments can be made via paypal at [email protected] - In order to maximise the prize pot, please be careful when you send via this method. Select friends and family method and your full £5 will be received with no fees taken. Prizes will be distributed after the final game week of the season.

Alternatively if you would like to send your entry fee via a bank transfer, please PM me for the details. 

The code to join this years competition is s91svu

When sending details please include info such as your team name and JKB username. This makes it so much easier when collecting and to tell who has paid and who has yet to pay.

You can sign up and select your team here - https://fantasy.premierleague.com/ - Please note that to qualify for the first gameweek and to avoid playing catch up you must have your team selected by 19:00 on August 9

If there are any questions, please give me a shout. I'll keep bumping this regularly and provide updates prize pots to provide some transparency.

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder that i close the league to new entries this weekend prior to this weeks Gameweek starting.

If you haven't paid then it's £5 sent to the paypal above or PM me for alternative ways to pay.

I will tidy up the league over the weekend or Monday (more likely Monday as moving house on Friday!) and those who haven't paid will be removed from the league in the interests of fairness.

Thanks to everyone who has joined so far. It's always a great competition. Next week i will publish the prize pot total and we can decide on how the money should be split between the top few.

Cheers!

Disappointed @Statto hasn’t posted his tips in a while. :( 

Saved me from a honking season last season yet I still managed to get half the number of points due to poor captain choices. 

On 10/09/2019 at 19:44, King prawn said:

Disappointed @Statto hasn’t posted his tips in a while. :( 

Saved me from a honking season last season yet I still managed to get half the number of points due to poor captain choices. 

I've had a bad start this season, been quite busy.

I've considered a wildcard but feel my team still has some potential to hit a few hauls. I'm planning 3 transfers this week for a -4, Bernardo Silva out, security of starts was his appeal in pre-season especially with Sane out, he's only started 2 games in the first 4 and the Champions League is coming up now so I'm getting rid for now. Perez has been disappointing, plays 3 of the top-6 in his next 4, he'll be gone. Rashford was brought in for Vardy to help fund Pukki, that was a failure, Vardy scored 24 points after I got rid of him. I think Rashford is one of Man United's best fantasy options but they are in terrible form, they have a nice run of fixtures after the Liverpool game, he might be back after that.

The three I'm looking to bring in, De Bruyne, it could be a risk because of the European games coming up but when he plays, he scores points, he's averaged 9 points a game so far. Cantwell from Norwich, he'll be a bench option but has a good run of fixtures after Man City. Lastly Haller, he's had 9 shots in his 3 games, all in the box, 6 of which were in the 6-yard box, West Ham have Anderson, Lanzini and Yarmolenko feeding him, I think he's a good option in that price range.

Taking the option of making several transfers this week, with the Free Hit one week changes.  Abraham, Aguera, and Vardy upfront, with Sterling and Salah hopefully chipping in goals. Noticeable the Defenders and Goalies are not contributing  a great deal in points.

Be nice to go up the league:)

Manic weekend moving house for me but I've closed the league to new members and will tidy it up very soon, removing those that hadn't paid and confirming received entry fees for our prize pot. 

Thanks so much to everyone who has entered! 

Had to make additional changes this week.  I notice Liverpool v Chelsea is on the same time as the Edinburgh derby on Sunday.....  Which to watch for goals?

Will have all my first team players playing Saturday, this week.... Quite a novelty.

Hopefully a player hat trick or two....  :)

158 points in my last 2 weeks after the 4 point hit. Up into the top 200k from a 2.2m rank.

I've got 2 free transfers for next week. I was considering a triple transfer for a 4 point hit, but one of the players dropping out would be one Pukki or Cantwell, Norwich are home to Villa next week and look to be a completely different team at home, they've scored 8 in 3 at home and only 1 in 4 away. After that they have Bournemouth away, Man U at home then Brighton away. On paper they look like good fixtures but not if they can't score away. I think it will be a good time to drop one of them.

This week, I'm looking at Aubameyang and Yarmolenko for Salah and Haller. Arsenal don't play any of the top-6 for 9 games, Lacazette will be out for a few more games, Aubameyang should be starting as a centre forward. West Ham have good fixtures for the next 5, 3 of them at home, Yarmolenko has scored 3 in the last 4 and has had 8 shots inside the penalty area this season, more than any other West Ham player.

For the following week, I'm looking at Vardy, Abraham, Mount or Tielemans for Pukki or Cantwell. Leicester and Chelsea have a nice run of fixtures and both look like they can score goals.

Continue to tinker with forwards/attacking midfield.  Chosen Aubameyang, Abraham and Firminho up front.  Hard to invest in Man City goalscorers as there seem to be so many in that team taking turns to score...

Du Bruyne looks to be out with an injury......  Another forced transfer.

I haven't changed my mind on my transfers this week, still set on Yarmolenko and Aubameyang. If de Bruyne is ruled out for this weekend, I'll probably go with Mahrez.

I'd imagine Fernandinho will be centre back, B.Silva could be banned, I don't know if Man City are appealing the charge or whether it starts this weekend, that wouldn't leave much room for rotation for Mahrez, unless they go Jesus and Aguero in the same team or Foden gets a start in the middle.

Mahrez has 42 points from his 4 starts but does have three 1 point cameo appearances.

I could actually do Salah, Cantwell and Haller to Mahrez, Yarmolenko and Aubameyang. It let's me keep de Bruyne if he's returning straight after the International break. Press conferences tomorrow.

Actually having a decent season so far, hovering just outside top 50,000. I'm going big on Pukki at the weekend...triple captain against a Villa side determined to gift goals :)

• 3 weeks later...

Back to league action after the Internationals....    Maybe this is the week i will shoot up the league :)

Not sure if Salah playing, swapped for Mane......   Liverpool seem to have so many scoring options like Man City, 

Played my wildcard this week.

Decided to go triple Leicester, triple Man City, triple Chelsea, double Sheffield United defence and Jimenez.

I have Vardy who scored a hat-trick and my three City options all got attacking returns. I played Lundstram over Rico and Soyuncu who both got clean sheets. I picked Hudson-Odoi because he's owned by far less managers than Mount and he's playing further forward than him, but he's starting on the bench this evening.

I've went for the more expensive McGinn as my 5th midfielder option because I have a number of rotation risks in my midfield, basically all of them, Sterling, KDB, D.Silva and CHO. I'd usually go with a 4.5m player for a player I'd never play but I think if you have 2 or 3 Man City players in your squad, I think it's worth investing in a player that could get you more than 2 points when he comes in.

I'm considering bringing Martial in for D.Silva for GW12, City have Liverpool and Chelsea, Man United have Brighton, Sheffield United and Villa, Martial should be back in the team by then and playing up front, it could be a good move.

Three players got hattricks last Saturday...  luckily got one, so back up the table a bit....   was in danger of falling out of the top 50.  :)

Had returned to the nucleus of my initial selected team after, forced injury changes.  Man City and Chelsea luck good for goals this Saturday.

Ten out of my first eleven selections all play on Saturday....  Quite a change...  Onwards and upwards......

On 10/09/2019 at 15:42, Homme said:

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder that i close the league to new entries this weekend prior to this weeks Gameweek starting.

If you haven't paid then it's £5 sent to the paypal above or PM me for alternative ways to pay.

I will tidy up the league over the weekend or Monday (more likely Monday as moving house on Friday!) and those who haven't paid will be removed from the league in the interests of fairness.

Thanks to everyone who has joined so far. It's always a great competition. Next week i will publish the prize pot total and we can decide on how the money should be split between the top few.

Cheers!

Was there ever a decision about what prizes are up for grabs?

6 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

Was there ever a decision about what prizes are up for grabs?

No but that's my fault. I will get on that very soon. 👍

• 2 months later...

Completely forgot about this, again!! My apologies to everyone i should have done this a lot sooner.

The prize pot is £285 to be shared out.

We can decide how want to split it. If following previous years and using the first 5 then it could be split something like this

1. £150

2. £70

3. £35

4. £20

5. £10

As always, happy to have a vote or hear peoples views. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Homme said:

Completely forgot about this, again!! My apologies to everyone i should have done this a lot sooner.

The prize pot is £285 to be shared out.

We can decide how want to split it. If following previous years and using the first 5 then it could be split something like this

1. £150

2. £70

3. £35

4. £20

5. £10

As always, happy to have a vote or hear peoples views. Cheers!

Happy with the above split

Say What Again

Split looks good to me too. Paying a few places gives folk a prize to chase right up to the end (well not me - I need to get in the top 20 first! 😡).

We did a winner takes all at work a few years back and a guy ended up having a stormer of a season. He was about 200 ahead of everyone else by Xmas. Good on him, but it was a bit pish for everyone else when there was nothing to play for half a season.

Edited by Say What Again

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, 

I meant to post this out earlier but just forgot so apologies. 

We obviously have almost £300 in a pot sitting in my paypal account and the season is still in limbo. 

If we finish the season somehow or some way then great but in the event of a void season I just want to make sure everyone (or a majority) are happy with what we do with the cash. I see three options which are:-

1. Payout on current positions. 

2. Donate the money to a charity. Big Hearts or perhaps charities named by the players in payout positions? 

3. Roll the money over into next seasons competition. 

Can I please have opinions or alternatives ideas from some of you? 

It might be hard keeping everyone happy but it's not my place to make a decision myself. 

Cheers

I gave up even updating my team after a few weeks ! 

My choice would be to donate it to your nearest icu ward, not a massive amount but I’m sure it would help them in some way, especially right now. 

whatever is decided I’m easy with it. 👍

Edited by Irufushi

I vote all to charity if it ends up voided. Same logic as Celtic cant be champs and we cant be relegated 

Cheers for the input. I'll raise the question again when we have a definitive answer to what's going to happen and we will allocate the money accordingly to whatever is decided. 

Mostly just wanted people to be a were I hadn't forgotten about it! 

Edited by Homme

• 3 months later...

Good morning all. 

The final game week takes place on Sunday. Those who are in or around the top 5 are no doubt aware of this (doesn't affect me!) 

Once the game is updated with final scores etc, I will post the winners here. If you are one of those winners I will ask you to contact me via PM or email with details of how you want your winnings. 

The prize pot was £285. Prizes are as follows:-

1st = £150

2nd = £70

3rd = £35

4th = £20

5th = £10

It would be good to get prizes distributed ASAP and if there is appetite for a 20/21 competition I am happy to set up. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by Homme

What's the current top score?! I wish I'd joined, as having a stormer this year. Best I've ever done. Currently 2225 points.