Huddersfield New Top

Jambomuzz

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ritchez said:

Found the regulations - a single area not exceeding 250 square cm  on the front of the shirt .

That looks like more than 25x10 to me!

heartsfc_fan
7 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Still think it'll turn out to be a PR stunt

For the fans sake I hope it is. Imagine knocking about in that embarrassing top in match days 😄

I mean how much would a club like Huddersfield really get from a shirt sponsor when they have probably just pocketed £75 Million or whatever from a parachute payment for being relegated.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

6 hours ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Manchester City setting the pace on that one:

image.png.725036ec9fb821b250f23f95ac495f10.png

1884 Leicester Fosse!!

B682CE51-0D19-41C5-8CE7-EBB43990965D.jpeg

17 hours ago, Smithee said:

I suppose it's not that mental, ligue 1 clubs often have 5 sponsors scattered across their kit, and who can forget this classic of monstrous advertising?

coventry-talbot.jpg

Having said all that, I'd be utterly raging if it was us!

Lol... Reminds me of my first car... The Talbot Samba... 

They will sell them off at auction for charity or something after last nights game.

Great publicity meaning people will probably pay decent for them.

Guest ToqueJambo

So it is a joke/stunt but it's not April Fools? How random. Great for Paddy Power and fits with their brand, but not sure what Huddersfield and Umbro get from it though other than that strip still showing up in lists of worst strips for decades to come, joke or no joke.

been here before
23 minutes ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

Not from the papers more from  inside information. 

😂

Far be it from me to piss on your chips but your "very good source" with their "inside infotmation" is pretty worthless when your 'scoop' has been in the paper for a day or two.

Edited by been here before

Салатные палочки
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

So it is a joke/stunt but it's not April Fools? How random. Great for Paddy Power and fits with their brand, but not sure what Huddersfield and Umbro get from it though other than that strip still showing up in lists of worst strips for decades to come, joke or no joke.

Money. Lots of money. 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

😂

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

Money. Lots of money. 

So PP give the club a big payment to join in some marketing stunt on behalf of them that deliberately makes their strip look shit? Modern football (in England at least) really is bollocks....

36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So PP give the club a big payment to join in some marketing stunt on behalf of them that deliberately makes their strip look shit? Modern football (in England at least) really is bollocks....

Bet they are bummed that Ayr beat them to the painted ladies gimmick...

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Bet they are bummed that Ayr beat them to the painted ladies gimmick...

Just googled that and approve.

Confirmed as fake on Paddy Power's social media (although they did definitely wear it for a friendly so don't know if that counts as "fake") 

Thought Police

Class. Paddy Power get all the promo from sponsoring the club, without the need to have a logo emblazoned across the front of a football top.

42 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Class. Paddy Power get all the promo from sponsoring the club, without the need to have a logo emblazoned across the front of a football top.

30 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good work from Huddersfield and Paddy Power. Hopefully we can follow this approach next year and have all kits without the sponsorship on display. 

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/real-umbro-huddersfield-town-home-kit-2019-20-revealed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Yeah

Hard to argue with

Edited by Mikey1874

Excellent stuff :rofl:

They've played an absolute blinder.  All of the marketing with none of the logo.

I bet the FA try and pull them up on some sort of charge, in a desperate attempt to save face!

Салатные палочки

I see Paddy Power and Huddersfield have them on ebay to raise money for charity. 6 days left and Aaron Mooy's is at £720 already. Fair play.

Screenshot_20190719-203017_eBay.thumb.jpg.43d09bef8f77e685147d9c9c2b6c9ec6.jpg

8 hours ago, tian447 said:

Excellent stuff :rofl:

They've played an absolute blinder.  All of the marketing with none of the logo.

I bet the FA try and pull them up on some sort of charge, in a desperate attempt to save face!

I think the FA can quietly drop it.

Seems they issued the statement below but nothing they can't just let lie.

IMG_20190719_203437.jpg

11 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good work from Huddersfield and Paddy Power. Hopefully we can follow this approach next year and have all kits without the sponsorship on display. 

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/real-umbro-huddersfield-town-home-kit-2019-20-revealed/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What, you don't want us to have 'Save the Children' emblazoned on our shirts any more?  I think our shirt 'sponsorship' arrangement sets us apart from every other club in the country, in that the organisation we promote doesn't pay us for the privilege.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think the FA can quietly drop it.

Seems they issued the statement below but nothing they can't just let lie.

IMG_20190719_203437.jpg

Hopefully Huddersfield respond with their observation that the FA are too stupid to spot an obvious joke!

10 minutes ago, RobNox said:

Hopefully Huddersfield respond with their observation that the FA are too stupid to spot an obvious joke!

When loads of people said right away Paddy Power (and the club) was up to something. 

55 minutes ago, RobNox said:

What, you don't want us to have 'Save the Children' emblazoned on our shirts any more?  I think our shirt 'sponsorship' arrangement sets us apart from every other club in the country, in that the organisation we promote doesn't pay us for the privilege.

They (Save the Children) don’t but they do!

I thought the deal was .... ‘wealthy benefactor’ gives large donation the Save the Children (I assume that gives a large tax benefit to the individual, effectively making it cost neutral) ..... then S the C use some of that sum of money to sponsor the shirt (and keep the rest) ......

I’d call that WIN WIN WIN!

22 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

They (Save the Children) don’t but they do!

I thought the deal was .... ‘wealthy benefactor’ gives large donation the Save the Children (I assume that gives a large tax benefit to the individual, effectively making it cost neutral) ..... then S the C use some of that sum of money to sponsor the shirt (and keep the rest) ......

I’d call that WIN WIN WIN!

Not quite, the benefactor gives a certain amount of money to both parties with the proviso that hearts 'advertise' stc on our shirts, it is not a sponsorship per se (this is my remembrance of the deal when it was announced)  

Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, RobNox said:

Nope. They can have their name plastered everywhere else. All shirts are ruined with sponsorships. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Nope. They can have their name plastered everywhere else. All shirts are ruined with sponsorships. 

I've said this before in years gone by, the amount that we get just seemed too small to justify whoring out our shirt.

I remember the wonga deal was worth just into 6 figures per year - about 1% of our current turnover. Our shirt's worth much more than that, I'd rather have it blank than sell it cheaply.

Of course that stance changed a bit when STC came on board. I'd still prefer if it was blank, but if there's got to be something on there at least it's a good cause.

1 hour ago, Gav M said:

Not quite, the benefactor gives a certain amount of money to both parties with the proviso that hearts 'advertise' stc on our shirts, it is not a sponsorship per se (this is my remembrance of the deal when it was announced)  

Well put / explained and makes sense .... benefactor gives to charity .... receives a reduction in tax liability.... passes that tax saving to Hearts .... ??

It’s a very generous person / benefactor (however they do it) and they should be applauded..... some really nice / kind people in this world!

Nookie Bear

Huddersfield are a club with a fine tradition and it’s disappointing to see them accommodating an online gambling firm in this way, even as an obvious joke. 

9 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I think there is a place for shirt sponsors, as long as they use a logo that blends in with the shirt they're putting it on.  There are some sponsors that are iconic, like O2 and Arsenal, Vodafone and Man United and Newcastle Brown Ale and (obviously) Newcastle United.  Those shirts looked good, because the logos didn't clash with the shirt design. 

However, when shirts have a huge obnoxious, colour clashing heap of shite plastered across them, then they are ruined. 

If companies keep it simple, plain white text with a complimentary colour scheme for any graphic based logos, then they're usually alright.  Ukio Bankas and Save the Children have been good sponsors for us, because they are minimalistic, plain sponsors. Wonga, not so much! 

Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, tian447 said:

I think there is a place for shirt sponsors, as long as they use a logo that blends in with the shirt they're putting it on.  There are some sponsors that are iconic, like O2 and Arsenal, Vodafone and Man United and Newcastle Brown Ale and (obviously) Newcastle United.  Those shirts looked good, because the logos didn't clash with the shirt design. 

However, when shirts have a huge obnoxious, colour clashing heap of shite plastered across them, then they are ruined. 

If companies keep it simple, plain white text with a complimentary colour scheme for any graphic based logos, then they're usually alright.  Ukio Bankas and Save the Children have been good sponsors for us, because they are minimalistic, plain sponsors. Wonga, not so much! 

The plain simple text is better than the big colourful transfers but all these shirts would look better and have a classic look without the sponsorship on display. 

Dallas Green

I like shirts with no sponsor.

Very good PR stunt and the teams get a nice classy shirt to play in with no horrible logo ruining it. Shame it's a bookies that's running it 😂

While I'd love more sponsorless Hearts shirts our current sponsor is fine by me due to it being a charity and the logo being small in comparison. 

• 1 month later...

I hadn't realised they used kit in a friendly. £50,000 fine.

Story below including tried to get referee to tell them not to wear it and threatened with legal action by Paddy  Power.