GOOD NEWS FOR US - BAD NEWS FOR HOBOS

WeeToonJambo

OK folks, just to change the subject from the usual "Berra, Stewart, Miko (insert any name you like) is rubbish", "Vlad GTF", "We Need a Manger" threads, this is the day we were assured by our unwashed friends down in Leith that we would go into liquidation. I know several dates were mentioned, the 11th, 12th, 14th, 17th, 22nd, but today, the 24th, was quoted as being the definite day by a hobo with inside information. We're still here, so it's not all doom and gloom.

As far as the appointment of a manager, and the signing of new players, is concerned I'm not too worried .....yet! If, come 1st February, nothing has happened, I will be of a different opinion.

The Screpis saga does concern me. It sounds to me like we gave this guy a contract and found out, too late, that he wasn't as good as we thought he was, and we're now trying to get out of it (if Screpis's version of events is correct). I'd rather have no signings than have a repeat of this farce.

There is a post on Vlad's biggest mistake, if this Scrupis lad is correct and he does go to court, this could be it, and although, in the main, I back Vlad, we are not doing ourselves any favours - if, of course, the player's version of events are true.

The Screpis situation reminds me slightly of the Beslija shambles.

When we found out that he wasn't actually that good Vlad just decided not to pay the whole transfer fee.

Seems Screpis has been to Kaunas and didn't look too great so Vlad is going to just try and ignore the man's contract.

What a fiasco.

Seems to me that without definitive explainations from all sides on this one name calling and speculation are as much use as a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.

So if we could post the contract and all subsequent transcripts I'll make an educated stab at who the Sherine Nanjiani is on this one!

:527:

marshallschunkychicken

Bunyip

To be fair, the Beslija situation was down to the fact that that Genk insisted that agents fees for the transfer should be paid by Hearts, on top of the transfer fee. Hearts disagreed, and were ultimately vindicated in that they ended up paying the balance of the transfer fee (which they had withheld until a decision was given), and not the fees as well.

But this situation with Screpis is a bit farcical. Tell him if he's wanted here, or not. Not difficult.

The first reports of this said he had been told to go home at the end of the A Lyga and was 'languishing' back in Argentina waiting for contact from the club

That led to 'complaints' like "FFS has he got to book a flight to Edinburgh and pitch up at Tynie himself"

However we now hear that he is with the Kaunas squad at the Russian tourney ?

Now he obviously does not want to be there given that he signed for Hearts and NOT Kaunas, however the fact he has somehow 'miraculously' arrived over there does suggest that we are not getting the full story.

Why he's not over here bolstering our depleted squad is a bit of a bummer though unless, as with their earlier CL foray, he is there to lend his weight during this Russian tourney and will join us straight after.

I think I'm maybe being hopelessly optimistic though :(

Archived