Danny Baur

Footballfirst

Is that not a strangely low level for someone, who on the face of it, should be looking at 1st team exposure in the not too distant future?

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Is that not a strangely low level for someone, who on the face of it, should be looking at 1st team exposure in the not too distant future?

That was my initial thought too Gav. Suggests that he will be released soon enough.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
43 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think he has been lucky to be at Hearts 

Wasnt overly impressed by him against Whitehill Welfare a couple of weeks ago. He’s a big unit but I thought his distribution was quite poor. Bonnyrigg are a good side at their level and I think he’s going to have to stick out there if he’s to have a future at Hearts.

Regular John

Surprised he’s still on the books, didn’t look that great when he made his debut about two years ago.

Seemed like he relied on his size at the time, not much footballer there.

36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Did clubs not used to send youngsters to junior football to toughen up?

Bonnyrigg don’t play junior anymore.

now in Tier 5 lowland league. One place away from the 2nd division 

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What do you think of the move FF?

Surely a better level.coub could have been found?

You would have thought so.  I'm surprised that it was Bonnyrigg as they do have a couple of decent and regular centre backs.in Kerr Young and Euan Moyes, with a backup in Alan Horne.

Danny started tonight's game as left centre back in a back four and looked very assured with the ball at his feet, spraying the passes well. After 40 minutes they switched to a back three after an injury, so Danny played on the left of a three. Thereafter he was poor. He barely won a ball in the air but never had the ball at his feet, so was ineffective. 

Bonnyrigg did win the game 2-1 though.

Footballfirst
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Any idea on the length of the loan?

Until the New Year as far as I know

He obviously has no future at Hearts, don't get me wrong, Bonnyrigg are a really good side, but that is just a level below what I would expect for a loan move.

Footballfirst
Just now, innerjambo said:

He obviously has no future at Hearts, don't get me wrong, Bonnyrigg are a really good side, but that is just a level below what I would expect for a loan move.

His last loan spell was at Albion Rovers, so perhaps not all that surprising.

scott herbertson

I guess that sometimes wheen a player has a lot of the attributes we will wait a bit to see if he develops. It's not that much of a financial risk. if it doesn't work out then we loan him out to cut our expenditure and still have the option to bring him back if he makes progress

Known Daniel since he was about 8. Was always a big unit which gave him a huge advantage but i think it's all caught up with him now.  He will play a decent level but not with hearts.  Wish him all the best

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, savage said:

Known Daniel since he was about 8. Was always a big unit which gave him a huge advantage but i think it's all caught up with him now.  He will play a decent level but not with hearts.  Wish him all the best

I think Hearts missed out on getting the best out of him when he was younger. Given his physique he should have been pushed up a year or two to compete against bigger lads, and benefit by becoming much more streetwise on the park. 

17 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Quite surprised he’s not been released already.

One more year left on contract 

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You would have thought so.  I'm surprised that it was Bonnyrigg as they do have a couple of decent and regular centre backs.in Kerr Young and Euan Moyes, with a backup in Alan Horne.

Danny started tonight's game as left centre back in a back four and looked very assured with the ball at his feet, spraying the passes well. After 40 minutes they switched to a back three after an injury, so Danny played on the left of a three. Thereafter he was poor. He barely won a ball in the air but never had the ball at his feet, so was ineffective. 

Bonnyrigg did win the game 2-1 though.

Thanks mate. Always feel a bit sorry for any youngster who finds themselves not quite good enough for the team.

loveofthegame
59 minutes ago, savage said:

How I see it, watched him since he was a kid as family member played in same team. Relied on his height and as he’s got older hasn’t been able to so much. One of those lads who is 6ft4 when he stands and 6ft2 when he jumps...

A big Jambo so wish him nothing but the best but very clear his future is at a level below Hearts.

big jambo g

Watched Baur v Whitehill and in my mind after that game Lowland League  is his level. Don’t see him ever making the grade at Hearts. Maybe I just saw him on an of day, others who have seen him regularly can shoot me down. 

Watched him a few times with the Reserves. Whole hearted player but like some others have said he doesn't take full advantage of his physique. He did seem to go on a few mazey runs though, and quite effective too. Reminded me a bit of Disco Dave McPherson when on a run. Good luck to him.

I was going to make a (probably predictable) joke, and post a picture of Dani Behr, but in the first photo Google brought up, she looks terrible. 

been here before
6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I was going to make a (probably predictable) joke, and post a picture of Dani Behr, but in the first photo Google brought up, she looks terrible. 

Just mention something about her being "a unit" and you should fit in on the thread.

Edited by been here before

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Replace it with Billie Piper then !!!!!

18 minutes ago, djrjambo said:

Dan has scored in the first minute on his debut for Bonnyrigg Rose 

Sorry to be pedantic but not his debut, played last week for Bonnyrigg, has scored in the 1st minute today

• 5 months later...
21 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

On loan I think. Would imagine he will be released in the summer

He was given a loan extension..he is aware his contract will not be renewed

On 16/07/2019 at 20:32, Herbert said:

Did clubs not used to send youngsters to junior football to toughen up?

Yes it was a sound strategy that worked. 

8 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Nice guy. Good luck to him. 

I can vouch for this.  He was superb with the kids when he supported one of the fun days last season (as was Connor Smith).  Head well and truly screwed on, wish him every success at whatever level he ends up.

Goldstone Wonder
10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Unused sub for them yesterday. Is he still on loan or away permanently?

He was told by Levein when he went on loan at the start of the season that he was not allowed to become cup-tied by Bonnyrigg so has been playing in the league but not in any of the cup games. Not sure if that stance has changed since Stendel took over but given he is on loan there for the rest of the season I assume that's why he was on the bench yesterday. 

I'm biased as he is my cousin's son but he is a lovely lad and a real credit to his parents. Nice to hear that other people agree with me. 

Footballfirst
9 hours ago, Alan_R said:

What about josh grigor? Is he still a prospect at cb? If even still with us

He left, I believe of his own accord, joined Hibs and has subsequently been released by them.