Sign in to follow this  
Footballfirst

Danny Baur

Gav M

Is that not a strangely low level for someone, who on the face of it, should be looking at 1st team exposure in the not too distant future?

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

Is that not a strangely low level for someone, who on the face of it, should be looking at 1st team exposure in the not too distant future?

That was my initial thought too Gav. Suggests that he will be released soon enough.

Sir Gio
43 minutes ago, Gav M said:

I think he has been lucky to be at Hearts 

Herbert

Did clubs not used to send youngsters to junior football to toughen up?

djrjambo

Wasnt overly impressed by him against Whitehill Welfare a couple of weeks ago. He’s a big unit but I thought his distribution was quite poor. Bonnyrigg are a good side at their level and I think he’s going to have to stick out there if he’s to have a future at Hearts.

Regular John

Surprised he’s still on the books, didn’t look that great when he made his debut about two years ago.

Seemed like he relied on his size at the time, not much footballer there.

jamie1874
36 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Did clubs not used to send youngsters to junior football to toughen up?

Bonnyrigg don’t play junior anymore.

now in Tier 5 lowland league. One place away from the 2nd division 

salvo69

I remember Andrew Drover being loaned out to an amateur team and coming up against him

Footballfirst
16 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

What do you think of the move FF?

Surely a better level.coub could have been found?

You would have thought so.  I'm surprised that it was Bonnyrigg as they do have a couple of decent and regular centre backs.in Kerr Young and Euan Moyes, with a backup in Alan Horne.

Danny started tonight's game as left centre back in a back four and looked very assured with the ball at his feet, spraying the passes well. After 40 minutes they switched to a back three after an injury, so Danny played on the left of a three. Thereafter he was poor. He barely won a ball in the air but never had the ball at his feet, so was ineffective. 

Bonnyrigg did win the game 2-1 though.

jamboinglasgow

Any idea on the length of the loan?

Footballfirst
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Any idea on the length of the loan?

Until the New Year as far as I know

innerjambo

He obviously has no future at Hearts, don't get me wrong, Bonnyrigg are a really good side, but that is just a level below what I would expect for a loan move.

Footballfirst
Just now, innerjambo said:

He obviously has no future at Hearts, don't get me wrong, Bonnyrigg are a really good side, but that is just a level below what I would expect for a loan move.

His last loan spell was at Albion Rovers, so perhaps not all that surprising.

scott herbertson

I guess that sometimes wheen a player has a lot of the attributes we will wait a bit to see if he develops. It's not that much of a financial risk. if it doesn't work out then we loan him out to cut our expenditure and still have the option to bring him back if he makes progress

Jean Louis Valois

Quite surprised he’s not been released already.

savage

Known Daniel since he was about 8. Was always a big unit which gave him a huge advantage but i think it's all caught up with him now.  He will play a decent level but not with hearts.  Wish him all the best

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, savage said:

Known Daniel since he was about 8. Was always a big unit which gave him a huge advantage but i think it's all caught up with him now.  He will play a decent level but not with hearts.  Wish him all the best

I think Hearts missed out on getting the best out of him when he was younger. Given his physique he should have been pushed up a year or two to compete against bigger lads, and benefit by becoming much more streetwise on the park. 

soonbe110
17 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

Quite surprised he’s not been released already.

One more year left on contract 

Jambof3tornado
58 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You would have thought so.  I'm surprised that it was Bonnyrigg as they do have a couple of decent and regular centre backs.in Kerr Young and Euan Moyes, with a backup in Alan Horne.

Danny started tonight's game as left centre back in a back four and looked very assured with the ball at his feet, spraying the passes well. After 40 minutes they switched to a back three after an injury, so Danny played on the left of a three. Thereafter he was poor. He barely won a ball in the air but never had the ball at his feet, so was ineffective. 

Bonnyrigg did win the game 2-1 though.

Thanks mate. Always feel a bit sorry for any youngster who finds themselves not quite good enough for the team.

PTBCAL

He’s been looking to leave for a while.

Won’t  make it with us but all the best 

loveofthegame
59 minutes ago, savage said:

How I see it, watched him since he was a kid as family member played in same team. Relied on his height and as he’s got older hasn’t been able to so much. One of those lads who is 6ft4 when he stands and 6ft2 when he jumps...

A big Jambo so wish him nothing but the best but very clear his future is at a level below Hearts.

Mikey1874

Liam Gordon ended up at St Johnstone so you never know. 

big jambo g

Watched Baur v Whitehill and in my mind after that game Lowland League  is his level. Don’t see him ever making the grade at Hearts. Maybe I just saw him on an of day, others who have seen him regularly can shoot me down. 

RobboM

Watched him a few times with the Reserves. Whole hearted player but like some others have said he doesn't take full advantage of his physique. He did seem to go on a few mazey runs though, and quite effective too. Reminded me a bit of Disco Dave McPherson when on a run. Good luck to him.

Paolo

I was going to make a (probably predictable) joke, and post a picture of Dani Behr, but in the first photo Google brought up, she looks terrible. 

been here before
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Paolo said:

I was going to make a (probably predictable) joke, and post a picture of Dani Behr, but in the first photo Google brought up, she looks terrible. 

Just mention something about her being "a unit" and you should fit in on the thread.

Edited by been here before

Portable Badger
7 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Replace it with Billie Piper then !!!!!

djrjambo

Dan has scored in the first minute on his debut for Bonnyrigg Rose 

Stuart G
18 minutes ago, djrjambo said:

Dan has scored in the first minute on his debut for Bonnyrigg Rose 

Sorry to be pedantic but not his debut, played last week for Bonnyrigg, has scored in the 1st minute today

Paolo
On 17/07/2019 at 18:22, Portable Badger said:

Replace it with Billie Piper then !!!!!

Bloody hell.  That mouth.