Ben Siegrist

five wan

19 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I trust the coaching staff but was surprised we didnt make a move for Craig Gordon.  We still might of course but I'm sure CL said recently we weren't looking for a goalkeeper.

Must say, I like Cruyff's take on it though.

Do you know we didn’t make enquiries in one way or another? 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jeff said:

One of the worst kickers of a ball I've ever seen

Couldn't have seen Petric or James play for us. 😂

4 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Couldn't have seen Petric or James play for us. 😂

Just a young pup really so can't remember a great deal of either :)

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Jeff said:

Just a young pup really so can't remember a great deal of either :)

Both the type of players who you couldn't work out what footed they where, but not in the good way. 

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

One of the worst kickers of a ball I've ever seen

Apart from the Dundee Utd keeper that folk have been raving about.

12 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Both the type of players who you couldn't work out what footed they where, but not in the good way. 

That's probably why they are keepers.

When they were younger and the lads were picking sides etc they would be put in goals because they were so useless with their feet.

On 14/07/2019 at 00:09, five wan said:

27 year old  and I Thought he played well against us last night, and would have him as our goalie with Bobby as back up till Kelby Mason comes through?

Bobby was criticised at final for coming then stopping then trying to close Ntcham and conceding a goal. Last night at goal he committed and was out of position at goal his confidence seems gone and needs rebuilt, can we really have him as our no1 for this season. Thoughts please.

Genuine question - what did he do exactly that made you come to the conclusion he 'played well'?

I don't remember him making single save other than a couple very straight forward ones I would expect him to make, and other than that, he didn't save a single penalty.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

That's probably why they are keepers.

When they were younger and the lads were picking sides etc they would be put in goals because they were so useless with their feet.

😂

I was talking about Petric and James! 

38 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

😂

I was talking about Petric and James! 

Sorry - I thought you were talking about Bobby and Siegrist.

Had Siegrist been playing for us on Monday and conceded such a tame shot from outside the box then he'd have been slaughtered on here, despite making a few other decent stops..

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Ribble said:

Had Siegrist been playing for us on Monday and conceded such a tame shot from outside the box then he'd have been slaughtered on here, despite making a few other decent stops..

What tame shot? 

A volley into the corner, hit first time on a slippy surface. 

Cracking finish. 

Ibrahim Tall

Siegrist, the guy that stuck 3 of his kicks into the Dundee United dugout and looked like deer in headlights every time he got a pass back? He impressed? :laugh:

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

14 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

What tame shot? 

A volley into the corner, hit first time on a slippy surface. 

Cracking finish. 

Guarantee it would not have been described as a cracking finish had it been at the other end of the pitch, would have gone down as a tame shot and goalkeeping error

TommiGronlund
On 14/07/2019 at 01:12, Cruyff Turn said:

No, we really don’t need a keeper. Bobby’s a fine keeper. His confidence is gone? Utter shite. 

I don’t know what planet some folk are on but it seems that folk want a goalkeeper that’ll never make a mistake.

Let me tell you, there is not a Goalkeeper on the planet that doesn’t make mistakes that costs goals. Not one. That is the nature of the position.

Some of the greatest keepers in history have made terrible mistakes, Oliver Kahn in a WC final ffs, possibly one of the top 5 keepers in history.

Bobby made maybe 4 mistakes last season but also made many fantastic stops. Yesterday’s goal that we conceded was not the Goalkeepers fault. 

It’s about time folk got behind Bobby instead of laying the blame at his door every time we concede a goal. 

Agreed.... 👍

colinmaroon
On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:24, Gavman81 said:

Bobby and Berra’s  current form unfortunately means you’re not confident of a clean sheet in any game for the foreseeable future. 

2-0!