Ben Siegrist

five wan

27 year old  and I Thought he played well against us last night, and would have him as our goalie with Bobby as back up till Kelby Mason comes through?

Bobby was criticised at final for coming then stopping then trying to close Ntcham and conceding a goal. Last night at goal he committed and was out of position at goal his confidence seems gone and needs rebuilt, can we really have him as our no1 for this season. Thoughts please.

Cheers wasn’t aware of that, SIlva must be our upcoming keeper then, i always thought Mason had a lot of potential, admittedly I’ve only watched SIlva  3 or 4 times

28 minutes ago, five wan said:

27 year old  and I Thought he played well against us last night, and would have him as our goalie with Bobby as back up till Kelby Mason comes through?

Bobby was criticised at final for coming then stopping then trying to close Edouard and conceding a goal. Last night at goal he committed and was out of position at goal his confidence seems gone and needs rebuilt, can we really have him as our no1 for this season. Thoughts please.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bobbys a better keeper than Siegrist. 

IMHO Bobbys confidence is gone and needs rebuilt, we need a keeper now and give Bobby competition going forward and the answer is not Doyle

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Mason will never play first team football for Hearts. He’s been released as far as I know.

Never mind, was thinking about Stone.

Edited by To Be Frank

12 minutes ago, graygo said:

Are we going to have a thread asking to sign every player that plays well against us?

No, i have lost confidence with Bobby since League cup semi final ( I can accept the odd game) but now there seems to be a pattern with crucial games. Looking  to find a way forward and not a scapegoat ie someone to take some pressure off of him.

Cruyff Turn
5 minutes ago, five wan said:

IMHO Bobbys confidence is gone and needs rebuilt, we need a keeper now and give Bobby competition going forward and the answer is not Doyle

No, we really don’t need a keeper. Bobby’s a fine keeper. His confidence is gone? Utter shite. 

I don’t know what planet some folk are on but it seems that folk want a goalkeeper that’ll never make a mistake.

Let me tell you, there is not a Goalkeeper on the planet that doesn’t make mistakes that costs goals. Not one. That is the nature of the position.

Some of the greatest keepers in history have made terrible mistakes, Oliver Kahn in a WC final ffs, possibly one of the top 5 keepers in history.

Bobby made maybe 4 mistakes last season but also made many fantastic stops. Yesterday’s goal that we conceded was not the Goalkeepers fault. 

It’s about time folk got behind Bobby instead of laying the blame at his door every time we concede a goal. 

18 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I don’t know what planet some folk are on but it seems that folk want a goalkeeper that’ll never make a mistake.

Let me tell you, there is not a Goalkeeper on the planet that doesn’t make mistakes that costs goals. Not one. That is the nature of the position.

Some of the greatest keepers in history have made terrible mistakes, Oliver Kahn in a WC final ffs, possibly one of the top 5 keepers in history.

Bobby made maybe 4 mistakes last season but also made many fantastic stops. Yesterday’s goal that we conceded was not the Goalkeepers fault. 

It’s about time folk got behind Bobby instead of laying the blame at his door every time we concede a goal. 

He knew that he had made a mistake in the final, and last night with his positioning with their goal he came out too far and should have left that to his defenders while he went to his near post and tried to protect hit his far post. 

I have not not said at any point that goalkeepers don’t make mistakes, what I’m saying is that Bobby seems to have an issue  or confidence factor at the near post and we need a better back up/ competition than Doyle. Name a better keeper that’s available for the same money than Doyle’s on?   Ridgers who played well against us on Monday night,! As a previous poster said “sign anybody who plays well against us”

No I want improvements and in my opinion competition in areas that can be improved 

are you happy to have have a keeper who has a pattern of making mistakes in crucial games because i’m Not

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, StevenNaismith said:

Mason will never play first team football for Hearts. He’s been released as far as I know.

Hearts have not announced he has left, plus Morrison put an instagram story up with Mason getting treatment down in London at the same one Morrison was at, which suggests Hearts are helping him with an injury. I could see Hearts keeping him on until his injury is healed as a duty of care for an injured youngster.

Cruyff Turn
8 minutes ago, five wan said:

He knew that he had made a mistake in the final, and last night with his positioning with their goal he came out too far and should have left that to his defenders while he went to his near post and tried to protect hit his far post. 

I have not not said at any point that goalkeepers don’t make mistakes, what I’m saying is that Bobby seems to have an issue  or confidence factor at the near post and we need a better back up/ competition than Doyle. Name a better keeper that’s available for the same money than Doyle’s on?   Ridgers who played well against us on Monday night,! As a previous poster said “sign anybody who plays well against us”

No I want improvements and in my opinion competition in areas that can be improved 

are you happy to have have a keeper who has a pattern of making mistakes in crucial games because i’m Not

Bobby’s as good as we’ll get at our level unless we produce another Craig Gordon. Harry Stone May be that, time will tell.

Aye, he’s a bit erratic and has the odd Brainfart but that’s what we’ll get for what we can offer. Top level keepers don’t play in the SPFL because they are few and far between. 

Zlamal made a bad one v Celtic in the Semi’s and then v Livi and was consequently dropped. After he came back in though after Doyle’s clanger at Fir Park, he was excellent, never made a mistake. He was immense v Celtic at Tynecastle last February, he must’ve made 5 world class saves. The one in the Cup Final wasn’t even a penalty tbf and I think most keepers come for that.

Last night he’s two yards further forward than he should be but he’s anticipating the shot, the whole defence was at fault there, Berra, Souttar, Smith and Hickey could have done better before Shankland even gets the head on it.

Doyle is ok backup, he’s not a no.1. He can make great saves but he’s awful at crosses for a big guy. He’ll be away next season and hopefully young Harry Stone will be to become our number 2, either next season or the season after.

I trust the coaching staff but was surprised we didnt make a move for Craig Gordon.  We still might of course but I'm sure CL said recently we weren't looking for a goalkeeper.

Must say, I like Cruyff's take on it though.

2 hours ago, five wan said:

His confidence looked fine to me when he saved the first penalty in the shoot out.

59 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bobby’s as good as we’ll get at our level unless we produce another Craig Gordon. Harry Stone May be that, time will tell.

Aye, he’s a bit erratic and has the odd Brainfart but that’s what we’ll get for what we can offer. Top level keepers don’t play in the SPFL because they are few and far between. 

Zlamal made a bad one v Celtic in the Semi’s and then v Livi and was consequently dropped. After he came back in though after Doyle’s clanger at Fir Park, he was excellent, never made a mistake. He was immense v Celtic at Tynecastle last February, he must’ve made 5 world class saves. The one in the Cup Final wasn’t even a penalty tbf and I think most keepers come for that.

Last night he’s two yards further forward than he should be but he’s anticipating the shot, the whole defence was at fault there, Berra, Souttar, Smith and Hickey could have done better before Shankland even gets the head on it.

Doyle is ok backup, he’s not a no.1. He can make great saves but he’s awful at crosses for a big guy. He’ll be away next season and hopefully young Harry Stone will be to become our number 2, either next season or the season after.

CT I agree with you, my main point is that Bobby needs competition and it’s not from Doyle. I compared the cup final goal to last nights to highlight that in my opinion that he is now unsure of what to do at the near post. Yes I agree that it was more of a defenders issue but Bobbyshould be communicating with them and telling them where he wants them to be and do, have you ever listened to Bobby on a match day? He doesn’t have the strongest/ commanding voice. PG has to be working with him on these matters.

will you agree that he needs competition? 

And who do you suggest? (Btw I wouldn’t take Craig Gordon as a goalkeeper he is now slow  but would take him as a goalkeeper coach)

18 minutes ago, RobNox said:

His confidence looked fine to me when he saved the first penalty in the shoot out.

There’s a big difference between Being in goals at a penalty and defending your near post during open play.

Go on have a look at his feet position at EVERY penalty! We dodged a retake and a yellow card on his first penalty save, good job that Clancy is inept.

StevenNaismith
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Hearts have not announced he has left, plus Morrison put an instagram story up with Mason getting treatment down in London at the same one Morrison was at, which suggests Hearts are helping him with an injury. I could see Hearts keeping him on until his injury is healed as a duty of care for an injured youngster.

Possibly mate, I’m not on any kind of social media so don’t know the ins and outs. Just know that a few months ago the club weren’t keeping him on. Hopefully he recovers soon and finds a new club, nice lad.

Big Slim Stylee
2 hours ago, five wan said:

I’ve lost confidence in you as a poster. 

chuck berrys hairline

I thought he was slow to react to Irving's goal. 

People moaning about bobby's positioning that's something the coaches should sort out. Is PG still our GK coach? If so, thought we would've moved on since and got a more experienced coach in. But then again you can only coach a player so much and if he doesn't take it into his gameplay then fault lies with the player. 

7 hours ago, five wan said:

Bobby was criticised at final for coming then stopping then trying to close Ntcham and conceding a goal. Last night at goal he committed and was out of position at goal his confidence seems gone and needs rebuilt, can we really have him as our no1 for this season. Thoughts please.

Its Harry Stone that’s coming through not Mason

Think with having Da Silva and Harry Stone on our books it isn’t a major.

As others have said, Bobby has made mistakes but has also dug us out a few times. That’s half the problem with keepers, when they make mistakes, it is magnified 10 times more than an actual player, as the player could get away with making a mistake but his side gets away with it and they don’t concede. 

For me, unless Craig Gordon becomes available then I would take him and move on Doyle or to a lesser degree Zlamal

Otherwise we shouldn’t be making any moves for keepers at this stage and given the talent we have coming through at the academy 

Vlad the impaler

Bobby and Doyle are both back up number 2s at best. With Bobby he’s capable of world class saves and then prone to a howler in any match. This breeds no confidence throughout the defence. Doyle seems to jump lower than his size. Maybe we were just spoiled with McLaughlin but I think we should try for Bachman’s who was on loan at Killie last season 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Are we talking about the Dundee Utd goalkeeper who kicked the ball into touch repeatedly ?

Yeah but the co-commentators thought he was great and thus so do some viewers...

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Dunno, big Joe and Alexander were better than Bobby imo. 

I don't think Bobby gives the defence confidence and he's too unorthodox for me. 

He's not bad, but imo rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and livi have better keepers than us. 

The utd boy has looked accomplished every time I've seen him. 

10 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bobbys a better keeper than Siegrist. 

Bobby is an absolute bomb scare of a keeper, if he was at Hibs we would be loving it winding them up about Bombscare Bobby

Bobby and Berra’s  current form unfortunately means you’re not confident of a clean sheet in any game for the foreseeable future. 

John Findlay
12 hours ago, five wan said:

Cheers wasn’t aware of that, SIlva must be our upcoming keeper then, i always thought Mason had a lot of potential, admittedly I’ve only watched SIlva  3 or 4 times

Harry Stones is the upcoming keeper.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Harry Stones is the upcoming keeper.

Perhaps so but he is 17 so we need to think about the keeper position until Harry is ready, which could be years. 

A few folk on here - including myself - picked up on Seagrist towards the end of last season when Dundee Utd seemed to be on the tv every week. His handling looks assured and he pulled out some decent saves as well. One to watch imo

John Findlay

I think the club are happy with the Gk. Bobby will be no1. I see Doyle dropping down. I won't be surprised if Stone makes the bench at sometime this season. I think CL believes he has found Craig Gordon MKII.

12 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No, we really don’t need a keeper. Bobby’s a fine keeper. His confidence is gone? Utter shite. 

The free kick save against ICT  in fact 2 in a short space of time was pivotal in getting to Scottish Cup Final , was 1-0 at time and ICT were putting Hearts under real pressure

43 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Perhaps so but he is 17 so we need to think about the keeper position until Harry is ready, which could be years. 

A few folk on here - including myself - picked up on Seagrist towards the end of last season when Dundee Utd seemed to be on the tv every week. His handling looks assured and he pulled out some decent saves as well. One to watch imo

The loan route may be a suitable route meantime.

Off the top of my head I can think of

Dachmann (Watford)

Forster (Southampton)

Elliot (Newcastle)

Cruyff Turn
10 hours ago, five wan said:

CT I agree with you, my main point is that Bobby needs competition and it’s not from Doyle. I compared the cup final goal to last nights to highlight that in my opinion that he is now unsure of what to do at the near post. Yes I agree that it was more of a defenders issue but Bobbyshould be communicating with them and telling them where he wants them to be and do, have you ever listened to Bobby on a match day? He doesn’t have the strongest/ commanding voice. PG has to be working with him on these matters.

will you agree that he needs competition? 

And who do you suggest? (Btw I wouldn’t take Craig Gordon as a goalkeeper he is now slow  but would take him as a goalkeeper coach)

Agreed, we need better competition.

2 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Dunno, big Joe and Alexander were better than Bobby imo. 

I don't think Bobby gives the defence confidence and he's too unorthodox for me. 

He's not bad, but imo rangers, celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and livi have better keepers than us. 

The utd boy has looked accomplished every time I've seen him. 

Alexander wasn’t as good as Bobby, maybe positioning wise , no chance he’d get to some of the shots Zlamal gets too.

2 hours ago, brux said:

Bobby is an absolute bomb scare of a keeper, if he was at Hibs we would be loving it winding them up about Bombscare Bobby

Nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Naisysback said:

The free kick save against ICT  in fact 2 in a short space of time was pivotal in getting to Scottish Cup Final , was 1-0 at time and ICT were putting Hearts under real pressure

And his 3 world class stops vs Dunfermline were what got us to a semi in the first place. 

He’s a brilliant shot stopper. 

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

The loan route may be a suitable route meantime.

Off the top of my head I can think of

Dachmann (Watford)

Forster (Southampton)

Elliot (Newcastle)

Yes, definitely. 

Either way, Harry Stone is years away from being our #1, if at all. 

13 hours ago, five wan said:

No, i have lost confidence with Bobby since League cup semi final ( I can accept the odd game) but now there seems to be a pattern with crucial games. Looking  to find a way forward and not a scapegoat ie someone to take some pressure off of him.

I thought you said he had lost confidence? Turns out it's you.

We won't sign another goalie this window.

anyone that thinks this guy is a good goalie is deluded! He’s been a bombscare since day 1 and I kid you not I said it after his first game with hearts 

he he made a save last year that sent this place into uproar (Can’t recall who against) yet he didn’t even mean it and clowns on here were comparing it to BANKS!! Get a grip guys the guy is well below average (lovely guy tho😶🙄

Edited by red

6 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Agreed, we need better competition.

Alexander wasn’t as good as Bobby, maybe positioning wise , no chance he’d get to some of the shots Zlamal gets too.

Nonsense.

And his 3 world class stops vs Dunfermline were what got us to a semi in the first place. 

He’s a brilliant shot stopper. 

World class stops!!! 😂😂😂😂

Jon McLauchlan was a free agent and what a keeper he was.  There will be good keepers out there it’s just a matter of scouting them out during the season and being ready with an offer if they become available at the end of the season. Yes it’s long hours travelling all over the UK but the more you put into it the chance of discovering a gem gets higher.

been here before
1 hour ago, red said:

anyone that thinks this guy is a good goalie is deluded! He’s been a bombscare since day 1 and I kid you not I said it after his first game with hearts 

he he made a save last year that sent this place into uproar (Can’t recall who against) yet he didn’t even mean it and clowns on here were comparing it to BANKS!! Get a grip guys the guy is well below average (lovely guy tho😶🙄

Did ye, aye?

Some man you, and I kid you not.

Edited by been here before

Cruyff Turn
1 hour ago, red said:

World class stops!!! 😂😂😂😂

What were they then? He saved one from point blank.

If that was Gordon or Niemi, it would have been described as such.

5 top v Celtic as well.

I can pull up the videos to refresh your memory if you do wish?

Edited by Cruyff Turn