TRNSMT

Newton51

GlasgoJambo

Having been in the city centre this lunch time it certainly seems to have been quite the buzz amongst the nation’s youth.

My daughter is there and she is loving it. I was watching the highlights last night and really enjoyed AJ Tracy. 

The line up is ****ing shite.

Got tickets for The Cure supported by Mogwai and The Twilight Sad followed by The Foo Fighters the next day in August at Glasgow Summer Sessions.

chuck berrys hairline

Is this the replacement for t in the park? From what I've heard it's shite with loads of 16's and under swaggering about with their first Budweiser 😂, sounds like total opposite of t in the park. Can't see this version lasting as long imo

4forDevries

Better going to Party at the Palace Festival in Linlithgow. 10 th and 11th Aug And site is close to rail station so no transport problems. Deacon Blue, Wet wet Wet, KT Tunstall, Charlatans etc

1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Is this the replacement for t in the park? From what I've heard it's shite with loads of 16's and under swaggering about with their first Budweiser 😂, sounds like total opposite of t in the park. Can't see this version lasting as long imo

That sounds exactly like T 😂😂

4 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Next weekend you have Doune The Rabbit Hole in Stirling with a fairly decent set of bands on the bill.  I have a few things on so can't make it but its tempting to see The Damned, Vaselines, Wailers, Blanck Mass, etc.

https://dounetherabbithole.co.uk/line-up/

I've got Kiss and Garbage through the week then Glasgow Summer Sessions, Madness, and Ash in August.

2 hours ago, Taffin said:

That sounds exactly like T 😂😂

A sexual assault as well on the first day, so sounds like a nice fun friendly festival.

Geoff Ellis and co are chasing the wrong punters and surely the difference in ticket sales with Glasgow Summer Sessions for The Cure and Foo Fighters shows this clearly.

3 hours ago, jake said:

Years and years performed well.

Catfish and Richard Ashcroft were good, according to my Oldest.

Салатные палочки

I read Gerry Cinnamon described as "the pied piper of the neds". Couldn't think of a better way to describe him and his hordes. The train into Glasgow yesterday made me so happy that I will never attend TRNSMT. 

"HERE WAE, HERE WAE, HERE WAE ****IN GO!" has to be the most cringey chant ever. I hit a beamer just hearing it. 

The festival is the equivalent of those "Scottish Banter" videos you see on Facebook, with people commenting that no one has a sense of humour like the Scots. Pure cringe. 

Was in town today for a meal and drinks with the family. 

All the TRNSMT goers passing us by made me want to turn about and gp home. Certainly put me off the idea of going for a kebab later in the day.

It looked like a chlamydia convention.

16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Why are there no vowels in the festivals name?

Bcs thts hw ll th cl kds wrt ths dys m8 

33 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Was in town today for a meal and drinks with the family. 

All the TRNSMT goers passing us by made me want to turn about and gp home. Certainly put me off the idea of going for a kebab later in the day.

Seen them all heading through yesterday 

There will be a few unwanted pregnancies of underage girls this weekend 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Watching bits of this I just wish the capital could put on a proper music festival with a decent lineup to encourage an adult audience. The average age of the crowd looks about 17!

Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Watching bits of this I just wish the capital could put on a proper music festival with a decent lineup to encourage an adult audience. The average age of the crowd looks about 17!

Edinburgh Council isn't interested in doing things like this that are for its middle and working class citizens.  They are spunking money on a pointless 1000 capacity opera house in St Andrews Sq that is smaller than most of our current music venues like the Usher Hall and Leith Theatre.

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Edinburgh Council isn't interested in doing things like this that are for its middle and working class citizens.  They are spunking money on a pointless 1000 capacity opera house in St Andrews Sq that is smaller than most of our current music venues like the Usher Hall and Leith Theatre.

I always think the Meadows could hold a festival but the rich folk in the posh flats where the old Royal stood would likely object if they weren't at the opera in St Andrews Square at the time. I would even like to see Ingliston for an outdoor fest if nowhere in the town was suitable. Won't hold my breath though. 

2 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I always think the Meadows could hold a festival but the rich folk in the posh flats where the old Royal stood would likely object if they weren't at the opera in St Andrews Square at the time. I would even like to see Ingliston for an outdoor fest if nowhere in the town was suitable. Won't hold my breath though. 

The council isn't interested - they get the tourists they want from the Fringe and Festival.  No chance the Meadows would get outdoor gigs.

They are doing some gigs in Princes St Gardens next month but you aren't going to get anyone like The Cure or Foo Fighters here nowadays unless they get a Murrayfield gig.  Princes St Gardens is a very limited venue for live music and yes they should host something out of town but just don't see it happening.

Meadowbank used to be good for big fringe concerts by the likes of the Pixies, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, but that was over 10 years ago now.

been here before
1 hour ago, fast_blood said:

The modern world truly is full of ccks, dcks, rshls and cnts.

Edited by been here before

been here before
2 hours ago, Bauld said:

Sexually TRNSMTTD diseases. How apt.

3 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

“HERE WAE, HERE WAE, HERE WAE ****IN GO!" has to be the most cringey chant ever. I hit a beamer just hearing it. 

Watched highlights on Friday - that chanting was ruining songs. Every opportunity when the beat picked up it was going. 

Actually though Gerry Cinnamon was ok. 

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Watched highlights on Friday - that chanting was ruining songs. Every opportunity when the beat picked up it was going. 

Actually though Gerry Cinnamon was ok. 

That shite was going around the last 5 T in the Parks.  Think it might have been started by Glasvegas.

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

The council isn't interested - they get the tourists they want from the Fringe and Festival.  No chance the Meadows would get outdoor gigs.

They are doing some gigs in Princes St Gardens next month but you aren't going to get anyone like The Cure or Foo Fighters here nowadays unless they get a Murrayfield gig.  Princes St Gardens is a very limited venue for live music and yes they should host something out of town but just don't see it happening.

Meadowbank used to be good for big fringe concerts by the likes of the Pixies, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, but that was over 10 years ago now.

The ****s have even put walls up now so you can't watch the gigs in the gardens for free from Princes St. 😞

gashauskis9

Not my cup of tea musically, but George Ezra has this crowd in the palm of his hands.  Very good live, puts on a great show.

4 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Not my cup of tea musically, but George Ezra has this crowd in the palm of his hands.  Very good live, puts on a great show.

He is as dull as dishwater.

andyscott82
12 hours ago, Salad Fingers said:

"HERE WAE, HERE WAE, HERE WAE ****IN GO!" has to be the most cringey chant ever. I hit a beamer just hearing it. 

8 hours ago, frankblack said:

That shite was going around the last 5 T in the Parks.  Think it might have been started by Glasvegas.

It’s definitely one of many thing to be filed under ‘shite weegie patter’! First time I heard it was on a night out through in the shithole in the early ‘00s. 

Lots of auld men on this site with a strange Edinburgh vibe. Many of the new Scottish bands are more East Coast than West if you dig into the facts!

32 minutes ago, vladimator said:

Lots of auld men on this site with a strange Edinburgh vibe. Many of the new Scottish bands are more East Coast than West if you dig into the facts!

:cornette_dog:

Was there a worse "major" festival anywhere else in the UK this year?

The lineup was utter gash whichever way you look at it regardless of where the bands came from.

The Internet
19 hours ago, fast_blood said:

Don't pretend you never used to type like that on msn circa 2004.

Was a complete riot! Loads of teenagers at their first festival acting up. Line up was ok but trains were a nightmare afterwards with a Sunday service on and one additional train.

50 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Don't pretend you never used to type like that on msn circa 2004.

Ahaha..I'm clearly older than you may think. 

I was too busy making better use of the internet in 2004

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

The lineup was utter gash whichever way you look at it regardless of where the bands came from.

Party at the Palace! Like a retro 80s fest for the over 50s!

11 minutes ago, vladimator said:

Party at the Palace! Like a retro 80s fest for the over 50s!

That is a boutique festival, which doesn't attract the NEDs like TRANSMT.  Music is crap too, mostly getting acts well past their best.

TRANSMT has driven away the normal people who attended T in the Park, and all you have left is the NEDs and underage drunks.  Have you seen the posts on social media about TRANSMT's line up by people who bought tickets in advance?

BTW I think Party at the Palace is a good family festival. Have been myself with the family but the line up are well passed their sell by date. Each to its own I guess!

Craig Gordons Gloves
45 minutes ago, vladimator said:

I am of course biased being one of the bands dads! 

Hello there Mr Cinnamon 

On 14/07/2019 at 01:42, frankblack said:

The line up is ****ing shite.

Got tickets for The Cure supported by Mogwai and The Twilight Sad followed by The Foo Fighters the next day in August at Glasgow Summer Sessions.

You are absolutely not the target audience for TRNSMT 😂

2 hours ago, frankblack said:

It's all down to everyones own personal taste. I thought the line up was good, my daughter, who is still travelling back from trnsmt, thought the line up was excellent. My wife on the other hand thought it was terrible.

To say it's utter gash is only your opinion.

2 minutes ago, superjack said:

It's all down to everyones own personal taste. I thought the line up was good, my daughter, who is still travelling back from trnsmt, thought the line up was excellent. My wife on the other hand thought it was terrible.

To say it's utter gash is only your opinion.

Correct. Music is such a personal taste thing. My own taste is diverse and probably embarrassing! Each to his own. I despise Gerry C but loads of people love him. Your things your thing!

4 minutes ago, vladimator said:

Correct. Music is such a personal taste thing. My own taste is diverse and probably embarrassing! Each to his own. I despise Gerry C but loads of people love him. Your things your thing!

Exactly. Gerry cinnamon, like you I couldn't stand him. However, after hearing g him on the highlights I actually liked it. Also, not normally a rap fan but after hearing AJ Tracy, I downloaded his album and have been playing it flat out.

Agree on both btw. I also realise I am an old fart and if I had my way Slade would still be on the bill. Unfortunately that would keep new bands from breaking through!

19 minutes ago, vladimator said:

T in the Park used to have a diverse range of artists from Weller to Rihanna to Chemical Brothers to Sigur Ros and even Brian Wilson, The Who, Pet Shop Boys, Joe Strummer plus the latest up and coming bands.

David Bowie was booked to headline before his health failed.

Look at TRANSMT for a comparison....

😬