Off The Ball

Tasavallan

That patronising comment from the goon that was on to promote his Rangers play.

Something along the lines of "Aw aye, I'm weird me, I actually watched the Hearts, Dundee United game. I watch anything".

23 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

Something along the lines of "Aw aye, I'm weird me, I actually watched the Hearts, Dundee United game. I watch anything".

There are numbskulls who think that if they denigrate others it somehow enhances their own status.

52 minutes ago, Gregorski said:

Think it was from the journalist Hugh MacDonald rather than the two hun gimps. 

Switched it back off when didn't hear Stuart & Tam. Well...they've been on every week even since the season finished so entitled to a break. All I heard was about Rangers, Rangers zzzz!

16 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Think it was from the journalist Hugh MacDonald rather than the two hun gimps. 

Possibly. That might actually make it worse.

Is there any other country where folk are so self deprecating of their own game?

How can we expect anyone to take our game seriously when it seems like we're all lining up to put the boot in ourselves?

What about the Dundee United boy Scott Banks who made his professional debut last night? How would he have felt if he had listened to that goons patter?

Edited by Gregorski

Seymour M Hersh

I turned it off after about one minute of insufferable weejie whining nasal voices spouting utter shite.

1 hour ago, Gregorski said:

Possibly. That might actually make it worse.

Is there any other country where folk are so self deprecating of their own game?

How can we expect anyone to take our game seriously when it seems like we're all lining up to put the boot in ourselves?

What about the Dundee United boy Scott Banks who made his professional debut last night? How would he have felt if he had listened to that goons patter?

I know young Scott, his mum was at University with my wife. He's a bright lad, loves Scottish football and really seems to enjoy the set up at Utd. Was on loan at Clyde last season so saw the less well off side of things too, but it didn't diminish his enthusiasm for our game. It pisses me off to hear people talk our game down, we need to promote it as much as possible. Not fair on lads like Scott and our own youngsters like Hickey, Cochrane and all. But, I know Scott is smart enough to recognise these arsholes when he sees or hears them. He'll rise above that crap, I'm sure our lads will too.