Mulraney

Soapy Soutar

Soapy Soutar

Thought he played very well last night and continued his good form from end of last season,i was very critical on occasions last year but mainly due to him playing wing back.

His pace is frightening,he has 2 good quick feet and puts in a good delivery, 3/4 occasions last night he turned defence into attack in seconds with his pace and ability to carry the ball.

At only just 23 he has all the assets the coaching staff should be relishing working with and brinhing him on even more,another player who will also benefit hugely with naismith on the pitch

letsalldothebeattie

Finally starting to see the player Levein and Robbo spoke about when he moved to us. His sudden acceleration is scary and its nice to see he has been working on his crosses as they have been much improved, think he will be a stand out this season for us

Had a great first half, putting in some great crosses and a couple of really fast breaks. Tired in the 2nd half

Nessjambo67
7 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Forgot he even played tbh.

Very harsh on jake he looked good , did you sleep through the first half..??

Edited by Nessjambo67

I thought Clare did ok last night. Very hard to judge any player in those conditions. Great assist for Irving’s goal. 

I’m on the wrong thread :lol: 

Edited by Des Lynam
I’m an idiot

5 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Very harsh on jake he looked good , did you sleep through the first half..??

Never said he was shit I just questioned the OP in my head before realising he played. I was bolloxed though.

Edited by i8hibsh

Just now, Mauricio Pinilla said:

First name on the teamsheet for me. 

Who i8?

This threads all about him now if you don't mind. 

1 minute ago, Artful Dodger said:

Who i8?

Just like every thread. Guy has serious issues

been here before

Not even at the game, cant be arsed going and doesnt care but still has the beamer to rock up like he matters.

What a vacuous existence.

I thought Edwards was ok last night the conditions made it difficult. He'll have better games.

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Who i8?

Aye team sheet for the one man mission to the sun. See ya!

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not even at the game, cant be arsed going and doesnt care but still has the beamer to rock up like he matters.

What a vacuous existence.

I thought Edwards was ok last night the conditions made it difficult. He'll have better games.

Naismith had a good game as well like.

Mr Elwood P
32 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Thought he played very well last night and continued his good form from end of last season,i was very critical on occasions last year but mainly due to him playing wing back.

His pace is frightening,he has 2 good quick feet and puts in a good delivery, 3/4 occasions last night he turned defence into attack in seconds with his pace and ability to carry the ball.

At only just 23 he has all the assets the coaching staff should be relishing working with and brinhing him on even more,another player who will also benefit hugely with naismith on the pitch

Mulraney looks brilliant. A bit of work still to do on delivery and decision making but the attacking options are looking vastly improved. Keen to see Keena during the League Cup games and see what he can do.

been here before
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Naismith had a good game as well like.

Aye but not as good as Mulraney.

😆

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Says more about you than Mulraney. 

Thought he played well, excellent crossing and his pace at covering back is an asset. Still raw talent but seems to be developing, much improved since joining. 

I dont see Mulraney's pace as "frightening" and ""scary" but he had a decent game and if he's consistant then this could be his break through season. 

Very good first half and second quiet half forgot he was playing at times.

I wish he would use his pace more and try and beat his man. Needs more confidence in himself .

A_A wehatethehibs

Good wee player. He has kicked on and taken his chance to show he can cut it for Hearts. Hopefully he can move forward to the next level and show he can be a big name player for Hearts. Right now I think you have to put him down as one of the first names on the team sheet. 

44 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

What did he create? End product lacking.

My only gripe is the way we seem to ignore Mulraney in the 2nd half. It was the same last season. We’d look to get him on the ball as much as possible in the first half, then seem to drift our thoughts away from him in the 2nd.

Its actually been good to watch the gradual improvement in him. Says as much about him as it does the coaching. He’s obviously been determined to improve and take his chance a a bigger club. 

Dr Ian Malcolm
9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I dont see Mulraney's pace as "frightening" and ""scary" but he had a decent game and if he's consistant then this could be his break through season. 

He's by far and away the quickest player we've had for years. We could sign the Flash and folk on here would say he's not that pacey.

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Mmm, tad harsh but I do agree partly that it’s something he needs to do a lot more over a season.

As some posters have said, his crossing (based on last night) has hugely improved but his running at people when the space opens up offers so much opportunity for Hearts and makes us more dangerous.

Unlucky last night when he ran from his own half and his right foot got caught up stopping his run. Otherwise he was right through or playing someone in. 

Good first half, fizzled out a little in the second. Still got high hopes for him this season, he always backtracks. He is just so fast. Clare covered him on the wing a few times when he was out of position on a sprint through the middle. I don't think he got the ball when he did that but would've been a good move if he had.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Mmm, tad harsh but I do agree partly that it’s something he needs to do a lot more over a season.

As some posters have said, his crossing (based on last night) has hugely improved but his running at people when the space opens up offers so much opportunity for Hearts and makes us more dangerous.

Unlucky last night when he ran from his own half and his right foot got caught up stopping his run. Otherwise he was right through or playing someone in. 

Perhaps a tad hard, but if we are to do better this year we need an improved performance from everyone.

JM has got a long way to go if he is to get any where near the level of Walker.

You can see he has grown in confidence. Looked dangerous from out wide and gives a threat on the break. Hopefully will link up well with Washington and Naisy this season. Impressive display and he’ll only get better 

12 minutes ago, Dodger84 said:

You can see he has grown in confidence. Looked dangerous from out wide and gives a threat on the break. Hopefully will link up well with Washington and Naisy this season. Impressive display and he’ll only get better 

Looking at last night and the attacking set up we had, and with Naismith to come in, we really do have an opportunity to become more potent and open in style but only if the centre midfield area is strong.  

I’m a big fan. Love the way he just knocks it past the defender and runs on to it. Nothing fancy.

My criticism of him last season was his decision making and final ball, but he put some excellent crosses in last night.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

First half - think it was him - fired in a cross from left - landed on Washington's head in six yard box (but he made a mess of the header) ? 

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

A glourious cross from out wide on to Washington’s head that he should have buried, a good ball in second half in between keeper and six yard box right across goal that was begging for a poacher to tap home and a great run and turn of pace first half that took us up the park that could have led to a chance but we won a free kick instead. Apart from that, he did none nothing though. 

46 minutes ago, Stupidheid said:

First half - think it was him - fired in a cross from left - landed on Washington's head in six yard box (but he made a mess of the header) ? 

36 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

A glourious cross from out wide on to Washington’s head that he should have buried, a good ball in second half in between keeper and six yard box right across goal that was begging for a poacher to tap home and a great run and turn of pace first half that took us up the park that could have led to a chance but we won a free kick instead. Apart from that, he did none nothing though. 

We were playing a championship team.  A good SPFL player should shine in these games. JM didn’t, he looked ok, but didn’t look like a class above the Dundee United players.  

Our standards need to be higher if we want to win anything,

Just now, McCrae said:

We were playing a championship team.  A good SPFL player should shine in these games. JM didn’t, he looked ok, but didn’t look like a class above the Dundee United players.  

Our standards need to be realistic too with the budget we’ve got and JM, with a bit more polish and development could become a consistently solid top flight player.

The Internet
6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Should probably ditch the lot of them then going by that logic? None of them stood out, it was a close game. 

3 minutes ago, Gavman81 said:

Our standards need to be realistic too with the budget we’ve got and JM, with a bit more polish and development could become a consistently solid top flight player.

I agree he has potential. 

Brighton Jambo

Two many posters not big enough to admit that they were utterly wrong about Mulraney.  

Last night he showed great pace driving at the United defence on the break.  

He got the ball out of his feet quickly on a number of occasions and swung some excellent balls in, he also moved the ball quickly and combined well with Hickey.

his pace also allows him to turn bad balls into something even if it’s forcing the opposition to concede a throw in deep in their half thus giving us good possession.  

He is one of the first names on the team sheet now without doubt.

1 minute ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Should probably ditch the lot of them then going by that logic? None of them stood out, it was a close game. 

I disagree. I thought Walker, Hickey, Smith and Souttar stood out as very good players.

Our squad is weak. 

The Internet
8 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I disagree. I thought Walker, Hickey, Smith and Souttar stood out as very good players.

Our squad is weak. 

Walker didn't stand out any more than Mulraney although I thought both showed enough to make me think they can have an impact this season. Smith and Hickey probably our best players on the night and Souttar strolled it as usual, defence wasn't really troubled much. Wouldn't say our squad is weak apart from midfield where we are quite alarmingly short. Quite happy with our defensive and attacking options. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Walker didn't stand out any more than Mulraney although I thought both showed enough to make me think they can have an impact this season. Smith and Hickey probably our best players on the night and Souttar strolled it as usual, defence wasn't really troubled much. Wouldn't say our squad is weak apart from midfield where we are quite alarmingly short. Quite happy with our defensive and attacking options. 

I agree that our midfield is the weakest part of the team.  I would also argue that our bench lacks quality.  Like last season,  we will struggle when we pick up a couple of injuries. 

been here before
1 hour ago, Stupidheid said:

Im not sure if he made a mess of it. I though perhaps the ball was slightly behind him as he met it.

4 hours ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

He's by far and away the quickest player we've had for years. We could sign the Flash and folk on here would say he's not that pacey.

Certainly didn't say he wasn't pacey doc....!

Alex Kintner

His dribbling has become more and more consistent.

I’m also very impressed with Jake Mulraney.

6 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Are you for real , some of his balls in were sublime and he took the ball and ran with it. Between him , Walker , Washington and Clare the movement last night was far better

Leveins Battalion

The only thing stopping Jake is confidence,once he believes in himself he will be frightening.

Cruyff Turn

Unbelievable how he’s gone from a bench player at ICT to first XI at Hearts. Clearly the talent was always there but now he’s confident, he’s unplayable at times. 

If he can keep improving he’ll be a very important player for us long term and I can see CL giving him an improved deal if he keeps doing the biz.