Walker

scott herbertson

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Jack, I'm going to ask, and as you're not normally prone to random outbursts on here...have you been imbibing in the very substance your username advertises, mate?

:)

😂😋

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Hearts1975

• TyphoonJambo

• OmiyaHearts

No doubting the boy has ability. Hopefully he stays fully fit and gets back to his best. Looked good in flashes against Utd 

20 hours ago, vlad on the tyne said:

Thought walker looked good last night. With more game time and naismith back we could have players who will cause damage and score goals. 

30+ goals between them this season. It's gonnae be good Jamie bursting through the middle linking up with Naisy.  But... I'm starting to doubt big Uche now. Hope I'm wrong.

15 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I utterly despise the snakey prick. I’ve got his number alright. 

Hope that’s cool with you👍🏼

Booooooooooooo!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Still well short of fitness, but he looked hungry and ready to roll his sleeves up. He'll do well this season if he stays off the treatment table.

I'm trying to pick out positives, think I might have used them all up.

BackOfTheNet

I just find it peculiar that if you look over at the Sean Clare thread and some of the nonsense people post there, that they’re not all here too complaining since Walker didn’t even have half the performance Clare did tonight. (Clare wasn’t perfect, but much better than some are saying) Very peculiar.

Against Dundee Utd I thought he had a good partnership with Smith down the right side. Tonight he played on the left and I thought he was poor.

WheatfieldWarrior

Looks unfit and could do with some shooting practice, but is getting there.

Whole team is shotshy, Halkett aside.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Jamie Walker was never a 90 minute player first time, he's back in Scotland for a reason, bags of ability and talent but his engine lacks a turbo 

1 hour ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Still well short of fitness, but he looked hungry and ready to roll his sleeves up. He'll do well this season if he stays off the treatment table.

I'm trying to pick out positives, think I might have used them all up.

He was utter garbage tonight. Didn’t look interested and barely touched the ball first twenty minutes. A very poor game for his standards. 

1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

Against Dundee Utd I thought he had a good partnership with Smith down the right side. Tonight he played on the left and I thought he was poor.

This. Why he was played on the left for so long I don't know.

If it was just to try something out surely by half time you could see all you needed.

Edited by Super T

rudi must stay

Walker will be a big and successful player for us again. I'm quite sure of that

He was unlucky not to bag a few yesterday, he's a clever player, infact I can't remember a keeper saving one of his shots as he has good strikers instincts. He's always on the move, I think he'll link up well with Naismith and to a lesser degree McLean who is in some games brilliant and others woeful.

jack D and coke

I thought his biggest problem was he seemed to be coming too deep to pick the ball up. Always having his back to goal then turning and trying to make it happen from there, he’s never at his best doing that. Had a couple of wayward efforts too that on another day might go for him. Jamie is always involved, winning free kicks etc he’s going to be very important for us again. 

Didn’t think anybody played well last night tbh but the win was achieved I guess. 

11 hours ago, Super T said:

This. Why he was played on the left for so long I don't know.

If it was just to try something out surely by half time you could see all you needed.

I suppose it was to allow MacDonald and Smith to work together, which, in the first half, they did, quite well, and no goals came...

When MacDonald went off, Walker moved to the right.

I thought we saw glimmers of good passing moves last night, and less hoofball than last season; if we had scored early we would probably have scored a few. But credit to Stenhousemuir for parking their bus and nearly getting away with it. 

afanderson33
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

He was unlucky not to bag a few yesterday, he's a clever player, infact I can't remember a keeper saving one of his shots as he has good strikers instincts. He's always on the move, I think he'll link up well with Naismith and to a lesser degree McLean who is in some games brilliant and others woeful.

Walker was a disgrace yesterday, both in attitude and fitness. He wasn't unlucky at all. And he missed a one on one against Dundee United in his last start, so hardly 'good strikers instincts'. 

Robbo-Jambo
19 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Walker was a disgrace yesterday, both in attitude and fitness. He wasn't unlucky at all. And he missed a one on one against Dundee United in his last start, so hardly 'good strikers instincts'. 

Nonsense

OmiyaHearts
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Unlucky yesterday? Is that a nice way of saying he was shite?

Cruyff Turn

Walker last night had that type of game where if it’s not going his way, his head goes down and he gets frustrated. I’m not going to criticise him for that but he needs to be a bit tougher mentally and if it isn’t happening, if his team mates aren’t giving him a chance to get on the ball,  go looking for the ball and go grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Be influential, don’t just mope about it. 

Big Slim Stylee
27 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

I’ve never got that ridiculous hyperbole on here. Someone puts in a below-par performance and all of a sudden they’re a “disgrace”? 😀

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Walker last night had that type of game where if it’s not going his way, his head goes down and he gets frustrated. I’m not going to criticise him for that but he needs to be a bit tougher mentally and if it isn’t happening, if his team mates aren’t giving him a chance to get on the ball,  go looking for the ball and go grab the game by the scruff of the neck. Be influential, don’t just mope about it. 

I've not hidden my feelings on Walker in the past and this is exactly the type of attitude I expected from him. Was the same before and will be the same now.  

Early days yet and hopefully he increases his match sharpness but I have my doubts and will not be surprised if it doesn't work out. 

Jambof3tornado

The fight for a start is whats needed to get the most out of walker. We'll need to see what our gaffer does in terms of man management before judging Jamie.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Unlucky yesterday? Is that a nice way of saying he was shite?

Walker is never *****. He is an excellent player in my opinion. Lucky to have him, no doubt he hid has been said on here. Did he run off the pitch for chips, not in my opinion did he hide. He put in decent crosses, won free kicks, had some shots at goal. Walker is often panned for not tracking back and cropping someone, which is very Scottish Football, he shouldn't have to do that as an attacking player.

Edited by rudi must stay

jack D and coke
9 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

His head went down? He moped about? Really? 

I thought he was in the game plenty but had a bit of an off night as far as things coming off for him goes. If you’ve played the game you’ll know that just happens sometimes for no apparent reason but imo it wasn’t coming off for anyone last night tbh. 

I also though he was coming too deep at times trying to get involved especially in the first half. I know we all see it different but he gets really harsh treatment sometimes for me. 

Cruyff Turn
38 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I've not hidden my feelings on Walker in the past and this is exactly the type of attitude I expected from him. Was the same before and will be the same now.  

Early days yet and hopefully he increases his match sharpness but I have my doubts and will not be surprised if it doesn't work out. 

Wasn’t so much his attitude, he never like downed tools and gave up, he just looked a bit pissed with his teammates that they weren’t finding him or weren’t making the right choices. It was especially apparent after he had ghosted into the inside left channel and I think it was Hickey that tried to play a reverse pass inside, but big Uche took the ball away and smashed it into Row Z. Walker was furious because he was in 1 on 1 with the keeper. It was little bits like that which happened a few times last night and he was frustrated.

All I’m saying is if that happens, just go and do it himself, be greedy and take charge because it’s obvious some of his teammates aren’t on the same wavelength. We know when he’s on form he and Naisy will be our best players.

29 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

His head went down? He moped about? Really? 

I thought he was in the game plenty but had a bit of an off night as far as things coming off for him goes. If you’ve played the game you’ll know that just happens sometimes for no apparent reason but imo it wasn’t coming off for anyone last night tbh. 

I also though he was coming too deep at times trying to get involved especially in the first half. I know we all see it different but he gets really harsh treatment sometimes for me. 

I agree it wasn’t. I’ve seen Walker play much worse, he certainly was nowhere near our worst player. 

But yes, I thought his head went down a couple of times after his team mates didn’t play the ball for the run he made or teammates never made the right runs for him. As I said, I didn’t want to criticise him, most of the things that didn’t go his way weren’t his fault. Still, I think if that happens, he shouldn’t get frustrated or down, he should maybe go searching for it, make tackles, win possession, much like Naisy does, take charge a bit more and be influential because he, like Naisy, are the main two attacking players.

Clerry Jambo

Just past Jamie at lunchtime, certainly looks fit enough!!

Hearts players off today?

They should be back down at the dunes

The Apprentice

I'm not one for openly criticising players but I thought he was awful last night.  Thought he hung Hickey out to dry in the 1st half - nowhere to be seen whenever the ball got played out to the left hand side. 

Didn't look interested at all and took the safe option far too often.  I think whats most frustrating as you know he has so much more to give and games like last night are where you expect him to take it by the scruff of the neck. 

Leveins Battalion
42 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Just past Jamie at lunchtime, certainly looks fit enough!!

Hearts players off today?

They should be back down at the dunes

Fitness is the least of our worries,playing and passing at tempo on the other hand.

OmiyaHearts
2 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Walker is never *****. He is an excellent player in my opinion. Lucky to have him, no doubt he hid has been said on here. Did he run off the pitch for chips, not in my opinion did he hide. He put in decent crosses, won free kicks, had some shots at goal. Walker is often panned for not tracking back and cropping someone, which is very Scottish Football, he shouldn't have to do that as an attacking player.

Walker is never shite? OK then.

16 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I just find it peculiar that if you look over at the Sean Clare thread and some of the nonsense people post there, that they’re not all here too complaining since Walker didn’t even have half the performance Clare did tonight. (Clare wasn’t perfect, but much better than some are saying) Very peculiar.

+1

2 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

And the one he Screwed past the post v United when he should have squared it for a tap in.

3 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Walker played well last night and will improve as long as he stays fit. Lucky to have him. Up front is the problem as the strikers dissappoint. Hope the wee general (Naismith) gets the front men up to speed. 

As others have said, if he's fit enough he's good enough. Match winner on his day but we'll see...

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Wasn’t so much his attitude, he never like downed tools and gave up, he just looked a bit pissed with his teammates that they weren’t finding him or weren’t making the right choices. It was especially apparent after he had ghosted into the inside left channel and I think it was Hickey that tried to play a reverse pass inside, but big Uche took the ball away and smashed it into Row Z. Walker was furious because he was in 1 on 1 with the keeper. It was little bits like that which happened a few times last night and he was frustrated.

All I’m saying is if that happens, just go and do it himself, be greedy and take charge because it’s obvious some of his teammates aren’t on the same wavelength. We know when he’s on form he and Naisy will be our best players.

I agree it wasn’t. I’ve seen Walker play much worse, he certainly was nowhere near our worst player. 

But yes, I thought his head went down a couple of times after his team mates didn’t play the ball for the run he made or teammates never made the right runs for him. As I said, I didn’t want to criticise him, most of the things that didn’t go his way weren’t his fault. Still, I think if that happens, he shouldn’t get frustrated or down, he should maybe go searching for it, make tackles, win possession, much like Naisy does, take charge a bit more and be influential because he, like Naisy, are the main two attacking players.

Fair doos man but I don’t think that’s his head going down that’s a frustration and tbh I’d be frustrated if that big huddy took it off my toes and skied it myself. 

Holyrood_Hearts
5 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

Rubbish. He was frustrated like the rest of us at times last night but his attitude is a lot better compared in the months prior to him leaving. Give the guy a break 

Glamorgan Jambo

He needs to spend a bit of time at Riccarton practising shooting. Aside from that he looked fine although I suspect he's more of a No 10 these days.

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

He needs to spend a bit of time at Riccarton practising shooting. Aside from that he looked fine although I suspect he's more of a No 10 these days.

With the rest of the team, apart from Halkett.

How’s he getting on by the way? I think he has a lot of friends and family on here... is he fired up for the final LC group game? 

Clerry Jambo
7 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

How’s he getting on by the way? I think he has a lot of friends and family on here... is he fired up for the final LC group game? 

:insufferable:

7 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

The fight for a start is whats needed to get the most out of walker. We'll need to see what our gaffer does in terms of man management before judging Jamie.

Good shout!