Walker

scott herbertson

A_A wehatethehibs

It’s all in his head, hope he has the mental toughness to break through and turn it around when things aren’t going his way. He looked good last night, is fit and has the chance of a lifetime to go out and write his name alongside the big Hearts names. That’s what football is all about for a jambo. 

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Hearts1975

• TyphoonJambo

• OmiyaHearts

Harry Potter
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A forward 4 of Walker, Mulraney, Washington and Naismith has me very aroused.

As aroused as a hole in one.

10 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I don’t get the hate with Jamie. But then I suppose some people actually still like Snakey and for the life of me I’ll never understand that. 

Im pleased to see him back anyway. 

I’m baffled that you’re baffled that some (news for you, it’s most) people actually like our best captain of the past half-century, a man who would run through a brick wall for the team, never hid, never gave up, was an absolute inspiration, and was not afraid to speak up against a mad owner who nearly destroyed our club.

You’ve not got the measure of the man at all.

Alex Kintner
10 hours ago, hmfcdaz01 said:

I thought he showed a bit of pace tonight, hopefully over his injuries and might hit his peak now he knows the grass isn’t greener on the other side .

Probably the most pleasing aspect of him tonight. I was worried that was gone forever due to his injury woes but his pace and acceleration is definitely back! 😊

He looked good I have to admit. Pacey, energetic, confident. Shame he shanked his shot on goal (should've squared to Washington) but signs suggest him coming back was right.

Has to keep it up though, and if he does, will play a big part in the season.

been here before
9 minutes ago, kila said:

He looked good I have to admit. Pacey, energetic, confident. Shame he shanked his shot on goal (should've squared to Washington) but signs suggest him coming back was right.

Id pretty much agree with the above.

Was well received by the crowd both before the game and when subbed.

Noticed he was still wearing his blue boots. Most likely still trying to engineer a move to Rangers I imagine.

Saint Jambo

Really pleased with how he played. Showing for the ball, running at defenders, and determination to win the ball back. His shot early on wasn't great and there was an option to play in Washington, but at the same time it is good to see our attackers with the confidence to go for goal.

He already makes our attacking options look much better and hopefully with Washington, Naismith, Mulraney and Claret we have a range of options particular against the bottom 6 teams when we struggled last year. The formation last night should be how we line up against those teams home and away. Just have the confidence we have the better players and can beat those teams if we attack.

In addition to getting tired, I thought he looked liked he finally picked up a knock from the last time he was fouled. When he went by the defender who just stuck a leg out to take him out. Looked like Walker limped away with probably a dead leg. Another tackle that scandalously went without a booking.

Thought he was pretty anonymous. Looked good on the ball but he didn't have it a lot to make an impact. 

Not criticising though. He's clearly not match fit. 

Hilary Briss

Walker will be signing of season if he stays fit IMO. Considering he is nowhere near match fit I thought he did great. He naturally tired and dropped off but very good overall and will only get better.

Staying fit may well be problem.  

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, kila said:

I think he was desperate to instantly get the disgruntlers on side by scoring.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

I’m baffled that you’re baffled that some (news for you, it’s most) people actually like our best captain of the past half-century, a man who would run through a brick wall for the team, never hid, never gave up, was an absolute inspiration, and was not afraid to speak up against a mad owner who nearly destroyed our club.

I utterly despise the snakey prick. I’ve got his number alright. 

Hope that’s cool with you👍🏼

Best player on the pitch by a country mile. Looking forward to seeing him in the same line up as Naisy. 

Not sure about the 90% of appreciation. I'd say it was closer to 100. Didn't hear or see 1 dissenting voice. Seems the naysayers are confined to here.

Welcome home!

scott herbertson
7 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Best player on the pitch by a country mile. Looking forward to seeing him in the same line up as Naisy. 

Not sure about the 90% of appreciation. I'd say it was closer to 100. Didn't hear or see 1 dissenting voice. Seems the naysayers are confined to here.

Welcome home!

I did think of putting it at 95%, but as I was fairly tipsy and also guessed there would be a few people who might appreciate but are too shy to clap 😃so I went for a lower figure. Happy to be corrected!

i did think Smith was the best player based on his consistency and application - Walker and Hickey not far behind. 

Very exciting prospect to have Smith and Walker together down that side - both have a natural understanding and awareness of  space (I hate the expression football brain) , plus the ability to hit an accurate short pass into space or to man. And on the other side with Hickey and Mulraney we have youth and skill plus pace. Could be exciting times especially if Uche or Wahington can start to get ont he end of moves, and if Naismith can get back to where he was early last season

Edited by scott herbertson

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I utterly despise the snakey prick. I’ve got his number alright. 

Hope that’s cool with you👍🏼

Sorry to dash your hopes.

3 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

I’m baffled that you’re baffled that some (news for you, it’s most) people actually like our best captain of the past half-century, a man who would run through a brick wall for a pay cheque, never hid, never gave up, was an absolute inspiration, and was not afraid to speak up against a mad owner who nearly destroyed our club.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I did think of putting it at 95%, but as I was fairly tipsy and also guessed there would be a few people who might appreciate but are too shy to clap 😃so I went for a lower figure. Happy to be corrected!

i did think Smith was the best player based on his consistency and application - Walker and Hickey not far behind. 

Very exciting prospect to have Smith and Walker together down that side - both have a natural understanding and awareness of  space (I hate the expression football brain) , plus the ability to hit an accurate short pass into space or to man. And on the other side with have youth and skill plus pace. Could be exciting times especially if Uche or Wahington can start to get ont he end of moves, and if Naismith can get back to where he was early last season

Agree. Him and Smith linked up very well. Very encouraging. Although I'm not sure Uche or Washington will get on the end of much tbh. As much as I was impressed with Washington's performance I'm not overly enthused or confident we've got a prolific goalscorer on our hands. He needs a poacher alongside him. Uche's been found out unfortunately. 

And I think your 95% is still too conservative. 😁

Jamie was good last night. I was surprised he started given Levein's pre match mind games about him not being fit and Jamie saying he was targeting the Aberdeen game.

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Really pleased with how he played. Showing for the ball, running at defenders, and determination to win the ball back. His shot early on wasn't great and there was an option to play in Washington, but at the same time it is good to see our attackers with the confidence to go for goal.

He already makes our attacking options look much better and hopefully with Washington, Naismith, Mulraney and Claret we have a range of options particular against the bottom 6 teams when we struggled last year. The formation last night should be how we line up against those teams home and away. Just have the confidence we have the better players and can beat those teams if we attack.

In addition to getting tired, I thought he looked liked he finally picked up a knock from the last time he was fouled. When he went by the defender who just stuck a leg out to take him out. Looked like Walker limped away with probably a dead leg. Another tackle that scandalously went without a booking.

That was probably the most deserved booking of the evening; a cynical foul to prevent an attack in a dangerous area.

Clancy didn’t even speak to the boy :muggy:

3 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Either a freudian slip or the hope that he's improving like fine wine?

John Findlay

I was actually impresseductive with his tracking back and tackling. I predict his next one on one he sticks away.

Son Of Anarchy

Didn't want him back but last night shows he's still a good player that will improve as well. I'll back every player when wearing the shirt.

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Targeted last night with some dodgy tackles. I hope his knees can last the attacks.

He really was weren't he? Diabolical refereeing as usual from that snidey wee arsehole Clancy

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Sorry to dash your hopes.

Every hearts man I know despises that snake. To a man. 

But we’re actual Hearts men. 

TyphoonJambo

Clancey is a clown who had a fairly obvious agenda last night. Prick. 

8 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

Absolutely right 

Elvis was an absolute stalwart for us.

Every game he played he sweated blood and tears for the cause 

Yes, the Celtic “punch” in the air and his reaction in that game wasn’t the smartest thing he could have done, but I will bet my bottom dollar that he regrets that moment And will do for the rest of his days 

Erase that moment of “stupidity” from the history books and be grateful for all the moments of inspiration he gave us and as our natural leader at the time 

with all the carry on with Vladimir at that particular time folk forget that although the easiest thing would have been for the players to down tools in protest but he wouldn’t  accept that, and probably at that time oversaw one of the most positive dressing rooms in Scottish football 

he was an absolute ambassador for us in his time at the club and that outweighs a punch and an outstretched arm any day of the week 

Feck sake, he played with Rangers, Utd, Coventry and us. Hardly teams that would show he had some Septic affiliation and illness

anyway, rant over 😐

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Absolutely right 

Elvis was an absolute stalwart for us.

Every game he played he sweated blood and tears for the cause 

Yes, the Celtic “punch” in the air and his reaction in that game wasn’t the smartest thing he could have done, but I will bet my bottom dollar that he regrets that moment And will do for the rest of his days 

Erase that moment of “stupidity” from the history books and be grateful for all the moments of inspiration he gave us and as our natural leader at the time 

with all the carry on with Vladimir at that particular time folk forget that although the easiest thing would have been for the players to down tools in protest but he wouldn’t  accept that, and probably at that time oversaw one of the most positive dressing rooms in Scottish football 

he was an absolute ambassador for us in his time at the club and that outweighs a punch and an outstretched arm any day of the week 

Feck sake, he played with Rangers, Utd, Coventry and us. Hardly teams that would show he had some Septic affiliation and illness

anyway, rant over 😐

Brilliantl post thanks 1975 for posting my exact thoughts. I would love the chance to shake his hand. PHM. People focus on the wrong things and look to be offended. Elvis bleeds maroon. 

Not far off from the Walker we’d like to see. A bit rusty as expected but still a danger, still clever in possession and at drawing players in to then get away from them. 

Showed a good burst of pace when required. Got that knack of getting away over 6 yards and leaving his marker behind. Hopefully stays fit and as he gets up to speed we’ll have a real asset in the last third.  

OmiyaHearts

Could have lifted his head a few times but that will come with games and sharpness. Done well.

Thought he done really well last night considering he hasn't had a full pre season and not played since December.  Definitely enough to show he'll be a big player.

Also shows those who shout loudest on social media aren't in the majority because there were a lot of people supposedly unhappy at his return yet he got a fantastic reception from those at the game when he was subbed.

41 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry mate, I know a good number of fans who were pissed at what he did but accepted it as a moment of madness and remembered him for the Georgie legend that he is

Trust me, the people I’m talking about above are very much Hearts men

your totally entitled to your opinion on this, but let other people have theirs without making out “they are not proper Hearts men” and just because their opinion on big Elvis, differs from you and a few of your mates 

Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Sorry mate, I know a good number of fans who were pissed at what he did but accepted it as a moment of madness and remembered him for the Georgie legend that he is

Trust me, the people I’m talking about above are very much Hearts men

your totally entitled to your opinion on this, but let other people have theirs without making out “they are not proper Hearts men” and just because their opinion on big Elvis, differs from you and a few of your mates 

Georgie pies - jeez 

gorgie, sorry 😐 

18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Brilliantl post thanks 1975 for posting my exact thoughts. I would love the chance to shake his hand. PHM. People focus on the wrong things and look to be offended. Elvis bleeds maroon. 

Of course he does TJ 👍

I don’t think folk realise the amount of pressure that he would have been under leading us and through that particular time. It would have crushed other men but he never shirked that responsibility once, and kept the heartbeat of our club in place 

If he was a snake the man would have been a python, no question 

jack D and coke

A hearts man who bled maroon who came back two weeks later and got it right up us, not vlad cos he wasn’t there!! He got it right up US at our home, playing up to THEM!!! THAT BUNCH OF SCUM!! He was playing up to that ****ing lot rubbing our nose in it!! I’m sorry but he will NEVER be forgiven. 

Hearts man my ****ing ring. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, jack D and coke said:

A hearts man who bled maroon who came back two weeks later and got it right up us, not vlad cos he wasn’t there!! He got it right up US at our home, playing up to THEM!!! THAT BUNCH OF SCUM!! He was playing up to that ****ing lot rubbing our nose in it!! I’m sorry but he will NEVER be forgiven. 

Who?

TyphoonJambo
7 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sorry have to disagree. He had previously appeared in front of the camera criticising a east European despot who was running the club like a siberian drug den. He and his team mates werent being paid. The manager wasn't picking the team, we were the laughing stock of the footballing world. Okay he took the bigott shilling but that chest pump was only aimed at one guy, the arch clown Romanov. I will argue to my dying day that Pressley cared more for our club than that corrupt twat. 

Haringshairband
4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Sorry have to disagree. He had previously appeared in front of the camera criticising a east European despot who was running the club like a siberian drug den. He and his team mates werent being paid. The manager wasn't picking the team, we were the laughing stock of the footballing world. Okay he took the bigott shilling but that chest pump was only aimed at one guy, the arch clown Romanov. I will argue to my dying day that Pressley cared more for our club than that corrupt twat. 

I guess we won't know unless the chest thumper opens up about it.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Haringshairband said:

I guess we won't know unless the chest thumper opens up about it.

Agreed until then I'll reserve judgement but in the meantime ill go with the positive. If i met him i would buy him a pint. 

Haringshairband
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Agreed until then I'll reserve judgement but in the meantime ill go with the positive. If i met him i would buy him a pint. 

I met him in Rose Street when I worked in a bar there. He was positive about Hearts and our fans. I genuinely think it was aimed at Romanov however ill thought out.

28 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

:Agree:

He firmly burned his bridges with a large section of fans that day. Others can forgive and forget as is their right.

Not me. I hope he never sets foot inside Tynecastle again.

jack D and coke
6 minutes ago, Whatever said:

:Agree:

He firmly burned his bridges with a large section of fans that day. Others can forgive and forget as is their right.

Not me. I hope he never sets foot inside Tynecastle again.

Obviously a proper hearts man like me and my pals whatever, good stuff mate😉

No hearts fan will ever forgive that snakey . 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Just out of interest how many hearts men do you know ?

Pasquale for King

Good performance last night, should’ve scored in the first half but it’s nice to have him back. He will link up well with Naismith, we have some good options in forward areas now and let’s see how we get the best out of them.

Pasquale for King

Well said, he should never darken our door again.

Playing Septic at That game, emotions were running high as they always do. IIRC at the start of the game it was utter venom and make no mistake Elvis was taking abuse from pockets around the ground.

I was right up the back of the wheatfield right next to the Roseburn and it was chaos at the end of that game.

Dont get me wrong, when he started fist thumping and carrying on I was with many others giving him dogs abuse at the time. That said, and only afterwards did I come to realise that it must just have been sheer emotion and stupidity, in the heat of the moment, that made him do what he done. 

THAT BUNCH OF SCUM - your totally correct about that bit, utterly despise that shower of dug s.... and I get why their is anger completely 

I don’t think he was a Hearts Supporter but surely you can’t deny what he done for us and in his career in his time with us? - putting this incident to one side 

as said, I’m not having a go at you and respect that you have and are fully entitled to have your own opinion on it 👍