Walker

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

Understandably nobody’s been willing to take the abuse of starting a thread on him, but I will. Thought he tried hard today and linked up very well with my MOM Smith. Still more to come as the Walker of two seasons ago would have scored at least one of the chances he got, but a good return to his home team.

nice to see at least 90% of the fans clapping him off when he was subbed too

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack D and coke

• Hearts1975

• TyphoonJambo

• OmiyaHearts

jack D and coke

I don’t get the hate with Jamie. But then I suppose some people actually still like Snakey and for the life of me I’ll never understand that. 

Im pleased to see him back anyway. 

I thought he showed a bit of pace tonight, hopefully over his injuries and might hit his peak now he knows the grass isn’t greener on the other side .

maroonsgotop

played well on the ball and had a decent game. My main concern is what he does when we are out of possession as he doesn't seem to track back much. Thought the same when he was here first time round.

4 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

played well on the ball and had a decent game. My main concern is what he does when we are out of possession as he doesn't seem to track back much. Thought the same when he was here first time round.

I'd doubt he's asked to do a lot of tracking back

8 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

He made a couple of fantastic tackles having bust a gut to get back. I was really impressed by his effort as well as his attacking play. Hopefully not just a flash in the pan to try to win over the fans. If he keeps that up we have got some player on our hands.

Mr Elwood P
17 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Understandably nobody’s been willing to take the abuse of starting a thread on him, but I will. Thought he tried hard today and linked up very well with my MOM Smith. Still more to come as the Walker of two seasons ago would have scored at least one of the chances he got, but a good return to his home team.

Was going to start a thread on this. Seems all the idiots who thought he’d ‘left on bad terms’ were confined to JKB. 90% or more of the fans In the stadium applauded him onto and off the park.

21 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I thought he played really well. He was back to his old self from about five or six years ago, nicking the ball off opponents’ feet, robbing them from behind and then driving forward. Makes the ball stick, which is something we need.

Well done Jamie.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

wattie exploited

thought Jamie was great tonight for his first game back gave !00 % and unlucky not to score he is  going to improve us a lot and am glad he is back playing for heart :rifle:

Many people had worries about his fitness but tonight he put in as much effort as anybody.  The signs look good.

53 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

The fans that are still holding a grudge against him for the sevco debacle need to get a feckin grip .... fickle personalities within our support at times 

he made a mistake, acknowledged his mistake, and decided to come back to us on a 3 year deal and take the shite from the same arsehole fans who would criticise him 

he looks hungry and with a point to prove ... maybe him leaving in the first place might be the biggest benefit the club could have ever got from him ... 

glad he is back home 👏👏👏

Bunny Munro

Played well with decent movement, running, and link up play at the edge of the box.

However could have had a hattrick and should have scored at least one, or squared to Washington who was the better option (on two occasions).

He'll be desperate to get his first goal since returning but found him a little greedy tonight.

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Delighted to hear that he played well.

Me too.

See how modern I am.

Thought he had a very good game and unlucky not to get on the score sheet.  He looked tired and could probably have come off a wee bit earlier, but overall an impressive return.

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He'll thrive when Naismith arrives back. 

Yeah looking forward to it already.

6 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I thought he played really well. He was back to his old self from about five or six years ago, nicking the ball off opponents’ feet, robbing them from behind and then driving forward. Makes the ball stick, which is something we need.

Well done Jamie.

Walker will make a massive difference to Hearts this season, glad to have him back 👍

vlad on the tyne

Thought walker looked good last night. With more game time and naismith back we could have players who will cause damage and score goals. 

Dallas Green

Glad he had a good game. If he plays that well not fully fit then when he gets to full fitness we are going to have a great player on our hands.

6 hours ago, gnasher75 said:

He made a couple of fantastic tackles having bust a gut to get back. I was really impressed by his effort as well as his attacking play. Hopefully not just a flash in the pan to try to win over the fans. If he keeps that up we have got some player on our hands.

This for me gnasher. Needs to show that application regularly, as do all the players. It's a long old season but decent effort last night.

Jambof3tornado

More options for starters means he needs to stay on top of his game.

Did well to last as long although was knacked and therefore less effective 20 mins before he came off.

maroonshrew

I had forgotten just how many times he gets fouled per game. Given Mcphee's dedication to set pieces, he might get us goals from that alone. Something I hadn't considered. 

Delighted with his performance. Could see hes not match fit but some lovely link up play with Smith and Washington can see them working well together. Nice to see a bit of creativity on the pitch but we still struggled at times to break then down once they scored and sat in. Could of been a few up by then though encouraging signs. Like the new boys to all get a few goals in early for confidence purposes 

Clearly has the same abilities as he previously had.     The positivity as well.     The overwhelming factor in how he'll perform is his general fitness.     If Hearts can get him fitter than he was then he'll fit in very well.    They may need to keep pushing him but he may also realise the benefit himself.    Naismith is the perfect role model for him.

He played very well until he understandably tired. Made the kind of runs into space that were sadly lacking last season when Naismith wasn't in the team. If we can find a formation that makes maximum use of Walker and Naismith's talents then we should be a lot more potent than last year.

Captain America

Thought he played really well last night.

Choose the wrong option a few times but think that was because he was desperate for a goal on his return.

Liked his link up with Smith.

His name is

Looked good, especially since he's not played since december. 

Fee more games under his belt and he'll be a real asset 

ginger jambo98

Was always going to be a concern over his old injuries, but he was up quickly from 2 disgusting challenges (one after about 3 minutes) and was keen to get back on the ball running at them again. Showed no fear and my only criticism would be he was so desperate to score he didn't raise his head to see a team mate with a better scoring opportunity. I think he'll do well for us this season. 

4 minutes ago, ginger jambo98 said:

Was always going to be a concern over his old injuries, but he was up quickly from 2 disgusting challenges (one after about 3 minutes) and was keen to get back on the ball running at them again. Showed no fear and my only criticism would be he was so desperate to score he didn't raise his head to see a team mate with a better scoring opportunity. I think he'll do well for us this season. 

This is where I am, he put up with so many bad challenges and I was very impressed with his attitude.

I have been very critical of the signing but if he continues like that he will be great for us.

The_razors_edge

No complaints at all about JW last night and i’ll Concede I was a bit ‘meh’ about him coming back. 

Soapy Soutar

Never understood some who were not keen to have him back,played very well looked creative and worked hard.

I do think we need to work on set pieces and take more advantage of the free kicks he will win us

It's difficult to forgive and forget. I really despised the way he left the club and I suspected we'd be getting back a diminished player more akin to the Walker we saw in the last six months of his first stint.

However, I found his performance last night to be surprisingly full of vigor and a willingness to get stuck in. He showed flashes of excellence and took some extremely heavy tackles without giving up.

Already after one game I think he is well on the road to redemption, he has to sustain this - good on the lad.

Walker makes a big contribution when he can be bothered. Thought he had a decent game last night. 

Brought some real excitement to the game when he was on the ball, especially 1st half. Couple of really bad tackles on him and he brushed them off. Welcome back Jamie 

letsalldothebeattie

I thought we done well to get 80 mins out of him given he was apparently struggling with a niggle. Thought he done well got stuck in got forward well and had a couple of chances, all in all a decent second home debut

Thought he was a breath of fresh air last night before he tired, looking forward to more from him as he gets games under his belt.

Craig Herbertson
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Was going to start a thread on this. Seems all the idiots who thought he’d ‘left on bad terms’ were confined to JKB. 90% or more of the fans In the stadium applauded him onto and off the park.

My impression too. Prodigal son returns. He adds another player.who can score goals.

Mr Elwood P
38 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Never understood some who were not keen to have him back,played very well looked creative and worked hard.

I do think we need to work on set pieces and take more advantage of the free kicks he will win us

This is where we miss Olly Lee, very good dead ball delivery. We didn’t do much with our corners last night apart from the excellent routine where Berra flicked it on for Zanatta (I think), only for the second header flash past the post. Walker should add a few goal direct from free kicks and Clare is on pens for the rest of his life!