Sean Clare

SectionN

Played in the middle of the park tonight and was always keen to get on the ball and pass the ball about. Seemed a bit more confident. Hopefully he can kick on as I genuinely believe he will come onto a game.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clerry Jambo

• Phil Dunphy

• Mr Elwood P

• DH1986

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is finally in his position. Needs a boss beside him, a ball winnercand all round nasty bugger but think he can start linking up.

Thought he was better second half but looked nervous and gave the ball away a lot in the first half. Set pieces really need to be better too.

I thought he did better than he is being given credit for. 

Was impressed how keen he was to win the ball and get tackles in. Night and day from the majority of last season. 

Just now, Mdoug79 said:

I think he is finally in his position. Needs a boss beside him, a ball winnercand all round nasty bugger but think he can start linking up.

He can stick the boot in but I liked the fact he intercepted 7 or 8 times in the middle looked good going forward will be transformed with Naismith in there beside him much more effective than out wide 

We've seen a fair bit of him now.

There's a player there. I could see him go on to realise his potential but I just don't think it's going to be at hearts. I'm not a doom merchant or one to be overly critical, he just doesn't seem to quite 'click' here.

He's not one to step up and grab a game by the scruff of the neck and he doesn't show enough moments of class (or goals) to be our luxury player. I don't think he's lazy as he certainly covers a lot of ground.

Hopefully he steps right up this season and proves me well wrong.

25 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

Needs an ‘enforcer’ in there beside him before we’ll see the best of him.

Haring 

37 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Played in the middle of the park tonight and was always keen to get on the ball and pass the ball about. Seemed a bit more confident. Hopefully he can kick on as I genuinely believe he will come onto a game.

I saw it very differently. I thought at times he abdicated leadership in the middle. We need a leader in the middle, sadly it’s not him.

wattie exploited

thought he done a lot better than last season but I hope we sign a better midfield player than him to boss the park he still seems to drift out of the game at points anyway its just the first game of the season so hopefully after another couple of games he will show us he can excell in the middle of the park !!!!!!!:rifle:

Midfield 3 of Irving, Haring and Clare would get the best out of the 3 of them. Irving as the passer, Haring sitting and Clare box to box.

Would free up 2 of Walker/Naismith/Mulraney to play further forward closer to either Washington/Uche.

Drifted in and out of the game. better second half. Still doesnt do enough for me and definitely needs a general in beside him

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Naismith in for Clare, with him on the bench.  Could be a decent impact player.

Are you going to play Naismith in the middle? 

Ernie Eskilsson

I just don’t understand all the nonsense about ‘there being a player in there’? He’s never played a good game for us. He is lazy, he hides, his passing is dreadful, his dead balls (other than pens) are crap, he’s crap in the air and his finishing is crap. 

I thought he was really good last night.   Broke up play numerous time and made around 4 passes that created a chance.   

He did give the ball away a couple times but always looked for a pass, came deep to take off the defence and won a few headers in the middle.

Genuinely think centre mid will be the making of him.

6 hours ago, Homme said:

I thought he did better than he is being given credit for. 

Was impressed how keen he was to win the ball and get tackles in. Night and day from the majority of last season. 

Agree completely. What stood out for me last night was the physical side of his game. Showed more of that part of his game last night than he did almost all of last season. I think I described him once last year of having all the technical skill in the world, but with a heart the size of a pea. Well he certainly put that right last night. 

Looking forward to seeing more of him in that central role 👍🏼

Made the cutting passes in the final third. The other two thirds did nothing except block a cross which he should have had cleared out 30 seconds earlier.

59 minutes ago, Elshin said:

I thought he was really good last night.   Broke up play numerous time and made around 4 passes that created a chance.   

He did give the ball away a couple times but always looked for a pass, came deep to take off the defence and won a few headers in the middle.

Genuinely think centre mid will be the making of him.

That's what I saw. Broke play up, intercepted. Tried to link up play but wasn't great at that last night. I would like to see him drive up the middle lore but I don't think that's our tactics. 

These people asking for an enforcer..... I would rather we played with two footballing midfilders

Would have him on penalty duty. 

The lack of basic football knowledge on here is staggering once again. 

Clare played extremely well last night, won tackles in areas that are crucial and worked tirelessly, its midfield, you lose some, you win some, he dominated his position hence the game was dominated by Hearts. His positive impact on the game was immense and again steps up to take responsibility and score the 1st penalty. 

I'm really not sure what else the boy can do to please some in our support.

Dallas Green
5 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

Clare played extremely well last night, won tackles in areas that are crucial and worked tirelessly, its midfield, you lose some, you win some, he dominated his position hence the game was dominated by Hearts. His positive impact on the game was immense and again steps up to take responsibility and score the 1st penalty. 

:spoton:

Captain Canada

I thought he did well and it's great to see him being played in his natural position at last. He got hammered by some last season but was played out of position and not fully fit after his injury. There are still things he can improve on but I'm sure we'll see much better from him this season. 

Ballitojambo

Its amazing the different takes on Clare, going by the spread of opinions on here there were 2 players called Clare on the park last night, i watched the game

on Hearts tv so its difficult to pick up all the action (back tracking, positional anticipation etc) but i thought he was very good, think he will be very important

this season.

penicuik jambo

His first slack pass of the night had the usual groans and moans around me while Souttar is allowed several stinking passes. He was fine last night, made some great interceptions, tried to get involved, didn’t hide as some are saying. Would like to see him next to a Haring type of midfield three 

He was promising last night.    Completely comfortable in the position.    Balanced in receiving the ball and in possession.    Played with the head up and picked his passes well.     Him beside Haring with Naismith roving around could be a good blend.

Entirely unsurprised at the negative reaction to him though.    The frother sitting next to me was screaming about him being "the worst player on the pitch".     But we have to come to terms with the fact that there is always an element who don't actually see what's going on in front of them.     

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

He was promising last night.    Completely comfortable in the position.    Balanced in receiving the ball and in possession.    Played with the head up and picked his passes well.     Him beside Haring with Naismith roving around could be a good blend.

Entirely unsurprised at the negative reaction to him though.    The frother sitting next to me was screaming about him being "the worst player on the pitch".     But we have to come to terms with the fact that there is always an element who don't actually see what's going on in front of them.     

For some, it’s a case of going to a game and having to have someone to vent their spleen on. One individual who sits somewhere behind me obviously knows enough about football that could be written on the back of a stamp. Utter drivel spouted week in week out. 

As for Sean Clare, there were definite signs that the central midfield role is right for him. I though he was fine last night.  I have no doubt that he will continue to improve. Folk should get off his back.

fabienleclerq
49 minutes ago, Artful Dodger said:

This, I thought he played well last night. 

Captain America

Thought he played well last night.

He was very good at anticipating and intercepting the ball on a a number of occasions.

With Haring beside him I think he will get better in that position. ( Not that Irving played bad, just different kinda player to Haring.)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I think he could stand out when Haring is in beside him

Absolutely. Would allow him freedom to play more. Had defensive duties to carry out last night 

There's those that go to the game already geared up for a good grizzle, a name on the team sheet can be all it takes to tip them over the edge and this reaction gets the froth flowing, the game then becomes a bit of a sideshow for many as they stare glaiketly at their chosen target following them around the pitch desperate for any error to pounce on and let rip. 

It's not a new thing at Tynecastle.

AlphonseCapone

Couldn’t make game last night so was interested to read how Clare got on in CM. Still none the wiser after reading the thread :laugh:

Soapy Soutar
1 hour ago, Artful Dodger said:

Nailed it

These be same fans who have written of washington for not scoring a hattrick last night.

I thought clare did well and id much rather have him in cm than djoum or lee

Well said AD. Some of the criticism of SC is very harsh and your comments are spot on 👍

Didn't do enough for me and his set pieces were abysmal. Still he probably done better than most games last season so hopefully he continues to improve.

I still have reservations about his desire and fight. Time will tell. 

I thought Clare was decent, however he had Irving beside him in the position Haring would occupy. I can't imagine Haring being the making of him as I thought Irving looked fantastic. Haring and Naismith may get another few percent out of Clare though.

Also the weather was hardly conducive to anything subtle.

Hope he continues to develop as he is by no means the finished product by a couple of seasons. 

Good post 👍

I think that because Levein really hyped him when we signed him, that too many expected too much too soon.

His season last year was interrupted by his slow start following injury, as well as being rushed back due to our injury crisis, and for several months we were putting out a patchwork team...can’t actually remember the last time we had a full strength squad to choose from...none of that helped the lad already short on confidence.

However, I see a consistent improvement in his whole game...and that should be enough to stop the unwarranted criticism.

Give him a break...he’s a decent player, and is improving all the time.

letsalldothebeattie

Im not going to slaughter him or write him off yet but for me I wasn't convinced by him in the middle of the park. Im sure he will grow into the role as the games go in. Maybe needs a Haring or Lee next to him to help him rather than a youngster like Irving

gashauskis9

Haring with Naismith and Clare just in front could be quite tasty.

Zlamal

Smith

Souttar

Berra

Hickey

Haring

Clare

Naismith

Walker

Washington

Mulraney

bench: Doyle, Hackett, White, Edwards, Irving, Uche, Zanatta

Still leaves Brandon, Dikamona, Burns, Garrucio, Bozanic, Cochrane, C Smith, MacDonald, Morrison, Keena, Wighton and MacLean in reserve.

Depth is there, just not the quality at the moment but that will come.

57 minutes ago, Victorian said:

But we have to come to terms with the fact that there is always an element who don't actually see what's going on in front of them.     

This is correct, I’m afraid.

Soapy Soutar
1 minute ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Im not going to slaughter him or write him off yet but for me I wasn't convinced by him in the middle of the park. Im sure he will grow into the role as the games go in. Maybe needs a Haring or Lee next to him to help him rather than a youngster like Irving

Surely a joke?