Bounce game on Saturday(?)

Footballfirst

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Lovecraft said:

Who's Large?

Definately not me, im more your, uses it well, type

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The photo I remembered was actually as far back as March.  Who was the laddie next to Berra?

image.jpeg.e9f7dbe9a46d7c3c0ba8981c51a58e8f.jpeg

Just had it confirmed that this is the boy playing yesterday. He was apparently unbelievably good. 

scott herbertson
19 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Just had it confirmed that this is the boy playing yesterday. He was apparently unbelievably good. 

Good grief

It is just me or does he look about 12 years old! Looks like maybe Solskjaer's laddie

Related image

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Good grief

It is just me or does he look about 12 years old! Looks like maybe Solskjaer's laddie

Related image

I remember when the picture first did the rounds on here people were saying they thought it was berra’s child or one of the under 14s being allowed to “train” with the first team for doing well or something! He looos extremely young.

Footballfirst
38 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I suspect that there could be a problem getting a work permit for him, given his nationality and age.

I've also made a couple of enquiries and come up with the name Maksym ********** (sp?), if we are talking about the same lad. I don't know any more than that.

Edited by Footballfirst

Hot since 86
14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I suspect that there could be a problem getting a work permit for him, given his nationality and age.

I've also made a couple of enquiries and come up with the name , if we are talking about the same lad. I don't know any more than that.

Is it Maybe best to take the name down if the club are being so secretive about it?

Edited by Hot since 86

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Is it Maybe best to take the name down if the club are being so secretive about it?

Done, but you will have to edit your last post

Hot since 86
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

Done, but you will have to edit your last post

Done.

As an aside always appreciate  your posts and incite 👍

Edited by Hot since 86

TyphoonJambo
14 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Done.

Seconded. Keep it up FF, greatly appreciated 

scott herbertson
17 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Done.

Don't incite him please, we need his insight into youth matters..😅

Footballfirst

I believe that the reserves play a Liverpool XI on Thursday, probably at Riccarton, but I don't have any details about the ko,

The reserves also play Tynecastle at Meggetland next Sunday with a 2pm k.o.

All subject to change of course.

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I've also made a couple of enquiries and come up with the name Maksym ********** (sp?), if we are talking about the same lad. I don't know any more than that.

Problems getting a work Permit???  For a 12 year old??  He's probably on a Child Trafficking  watch-list.;)

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Well we do have 2 work permit applications in the wind

Interesting, so Cletus and this player. Though as FF alluded to, wonder how aged 17 we get around FIFA rules (unless his family has moved here or turns 18 in the coming weeks/months.)

On an aside, I think work permit rules need reworked, I do think they are over restrictive, favour big clubs in Britain. Also if the argument was to help British based players, then it doesn't really work with freedom of movement brings unrestricted access from EU players (not that I think either is a bad thing. Remember reading Soccernomics which looked at number of players in a league and the success of a national team, they found actually it can be beneficial having more foreign players as it means home grown talent needs to improve to match and learns off better players, thus providing an overall increase.)

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Its liverpool under 23s they are playing Spartans and Tim's also.

Yeah Liverpool under 23s playing Spartans tomorrow I’ve got a ticket for this

Footballfirst

A Hearts U18 side is currently playing  side from the Strachan Football Foundation at the Oriam. Hearts are 4-0 up at half time with goals from Schiavone, Ward, and 2 from a striker I don't recognise called Ian ?????. 

There are a couple of others in the team that I don't recognise. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Hungry hippo

Anyone who follows Connor Smith on Insta should check out his goal on his story today. Assume it's from the Brora game although I did watch it while on a bus so wasn't the easiest to assess who was playing!

Cracking goal anyway from over 30 yards.

GorgieRules22
54 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Anyone who follows Connor Smith on Insta should check out his goal on his story today. Assume it's from the Brora game although I did watch it while on a bus so wasn't the easiest to assess who was playing!

Cracking goal anyway from over 30 yards.

That goal was in Ireland I think mate in the 7-0 win.

Footballfirst
On 14/07/2019 at 20:04, Lfhearts said:

Its liverpool under 23s they are playing Spartans and Tim's also.

Liverpool beat Spartans 1-0 tonight.

afanderson33
57 minutes ago, GorgieRules22 said:

That goal was in Ireland I think mate in the 7-0 win.

Didnt know Tynecastle was in Ireland

Footballfirst
On 14/07/2019 at 19:54, jamboinglasgow said:

Interesting, so Cletus and this player. Though as FF alluded to, wonder how aged 17 we get around FIFA rules (unless his family has moved here or turns 18 in the coming weeks/months.)

On an aside, I think work permit rules need reworked, I do think they are over restrictive, favour big clubs in Britain. Also if the argument was to help British based players, then it doesn't really work with freedom of movement brings unrestricted access from EU players (not that I think either is a bad thing. Remember reading Soccernomics which looked at number of players in a league and the success of a national team, they found actually it can be beneficial having more foreign players as it means home grown talent needs to improve to match and learns off better players, thus providing an overall increase.)

I found out a little more about the Dino Leddie situation in that he won't be joining the Swedish side until November. Apparently there is some issue over the payment of a development contribution if he joins before then.

As an aside. There were four new faces in the Hearts U18 squad today. I assume they are all trialists at this stage. Just picking up on the names and descriptions, and checking with an external source, I believe three of them were previously with Celtic and the other is currently with St Pats. 

GorgieRules22
17 minutes ago, afanderson33 said:

Didnt know Tynecastle was in Ireland

The guy didn’t say were it was, erse.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I found out a little more about the Dino Leddie situation in that he won't be joining the Swedish side until November. Apparently there is some issue over the payment of a development contribution if he joins before then.

As an aside. There were four new faces in the Hearts U18 squad today. I assume they are all trialists at this stage. Just picking up on the names and descriptions, and checking with an external source, I believe three of them were previously with Celtic and the other is currently with St Pats. 

Thanks, that makes more sense. Looking at the club he is moving to, it seems to recruit heavily from the UK. Hopefully he makes the most of his time there.

Interesting to see if we sign any. I think its always worth looking at who Celtic cast off as there is normally a few players that can be talented. Interesting that is another player at St Pats, they seem to be a bit of a feeder club for us with Keena and Nwanze come from them

afanderson33
2 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The guy didn’t say were it was, erse.

“From the Brora game”. The game this entire thread is about. The closed door game. At Tynecastle. In Ireland apparently. 

49 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thanks, that makes more sense. Looking at the club he is moving to, it seems to recruit heavily from the UK. Hopefully he makes the most of his time there.

Interesting to see if we sign any. I think its always worth looking at who Celtic cast off as there is normally a few players that can be talented. Interesting that is another player at St Pats, they seem to be a bit of a feeder club for us with Keena and Nwanze come from them

Nwanze? I think I must have missed this!

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Gav M said:

Nwanze? I think I must have missed this!

Jay (Jaden) Nwanze, centre back from St Pats signed in the second half of last season. Either is 17 or 18 (not complete sure.) He picked up an injury towards the end of the season, saw a poster a few weeks back hinting that he has left the club, but saw him on Monday night at the friendly against Inverness.

Portable Badger

From LFC site.....

Now we’ve got two more training sessions here in Scotland and a game against Hearts at their stadium on Thursday which is a really good game for us to look forward to.

should state he was talking about the Liverpool U23s

Edited by Portable Badger

GorgieRules22
6 hours ago, afanderson33 said:

“From the Brora game”. The game this entire thread is about. The closed door game. At Tynecastle. In Ireland apparently. 

He said it might have been from the Brora game....I know we’re Tynecastle is pal, no doubt been going a lot longer than you. As I said don’t be an arse.

Edited by GorgieRules22

Footballfirst
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Jay (Jaden) Nwanze, centre back from St Pats signed in the second half of last season. Either is 17 or 18 (not complete sure.) He picked up an injury towards the end of the season, saw a poster a few weeks back hinting that he has left the club, but saw him on Monday night at the friendly against Inverness.

His full name is Jamin (or Jamine) Nwanze. He was born in May 2001 so is 18.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

His full name is Jamin (or Jamine) Nwanze. He was born in May 2001 so is 18.

Cheers guys, somehow that one completely passed me by!