Bounce game on Saturday(?)

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

The Scottish Football Fixtures website has a game scheduled for a Hearts XI v Brora (closed door) on Saturday. Does anyone have any more info?

https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com/2019/06/28/saturday-july-13/

If the game does go ahead, I'd expect that the lineup will be similar to the one that played against Whitehill last weekend.

CloustonHMFC
6 hours ago, CalMac said:

The Brora website says its a closed door game at 12pm, doesnt say if tynie or oriam.

More than likely Oriam

David McCaig
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Scottish Football Fixtures website has a game scheduled for a Hearts XI v Brora (closed door) on Saturday. Does anyone have any more info?

If the game does go ahead, I'd expect that the lineup will be similar to the one that played against Whitehill last weekend.

Am I right in assuming that Naismith can play in a closed door game?

Captain America

I was going to start thread on if we had game against Cambridge on Saturday as saw this on google last night.

Screenshot_20190713-083419_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Captain America said:

I was going to start thread on if we had game against Cambridge on Saturday as saw this on google last night.

Screenshot_20190713-083419_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cambridge have announced it as a closed doors game.

11 hours ago, CalMac said:

The Brora website says its a closed door game at 12pm, doesnt say if tynie or oriam.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb said:

It's at Tynie

Mikey once again read the article the Cambridge utd article says the game is away ie not Largs as is stated with Rangers game.

I suspect it will be same idea as Brora game and we maybe want to play a couple of trialists, but stop saying game is in Largs when you do not know that. Cheers

21 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Mikey once again read the article the Cambridge utd article says the game is away ie not Largs as is stated with Rangers game.

I suspect it will be same idea as Brora game and we maybe want to play a couple of trialists, but stop saying game is in Largs when you do not know that. Cheers

Cambridge said the game is at Largs and someone else confirmed that but you have a point. Maybe they will travel through here for the game. Rangers game has since been moved to Rangers training ground. 

Edited by Mikey1874

14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Heard Naismith is playing

Hearts requested that it was closed doors and no press. Have to wonder if there was a Trialist playing or something that they requested it

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, bazman said:

Hearts requested that it was closed doors and no press. Have to wonder if there was a Trialist playing or something that they requested it

You would have to imagine that is case.

I cant imagine it would be Naismith they would want silence for as I cant imagine playing as a trialist would stop the payment and the fact he has been openly at games and training in full kit with the cameras around would back that up. 

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

You would have to imagine that is case.

I cant imagine it would be Naismith they would want silence for as I cant imagine playing as a trialist would stop the payment and the fact he has been openly at games and training in full kit with the cameras around would back that up. 

If someone has to play a trial, are they likely to be all that good?

Fitness maybe or an agent request?

7 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Maybe it's Julian Assange?

He plays on the far left.

Edited by Lovecraft

jambo in iraq
15 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I seem to remember a certain Julian Brellier playing as a trialist vs Middlesbrough, that worked out not too bad!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

So what was the big secret, if we know the goalscorers?

We don't need to know everything. 

Thought of all people a President would know this  :)

Hungry hippo
15 minutes ago, jambo in iraq said:

I seem to remember a certain Julian Brellier playing as a trialist vs Middlesbrough, that worked out not too bad!

Plus Sow and Djoum.

1 hour ago, jambo in iraq said:

There were loads of trialists that night and Boro were an EPL team. 

No disrespect to Brora but apart maybe from assessing match fitness I'm not too sure we'd be able to learn anything too meaningful.

jamboinglasgow
3 hours ago, Barack said:

So what was the big secret, if we know the goalscorers?

Would be interested to know. If it is not to stop knowledge of a trialist who is playing for us then would genuinely be interested why the club would put an attention blackout of a reserve game.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

There were loads of trialists that night and Boro were an EPL team. 

No disrespect to Brora but apart maybe from assessing match fitness I'm not too sure we'd be able to learn anything too meaningful.

Was that not the game that Vlad let everyone in for free?

scott herbertson
11 hours ago, Michael25 said:

keena 2 McDonald Henderson smith with the goals

Good to see Keena back - guy seems to have an eye for goal which is a rare commodity

7 hours ago, Jambo66 said:

Was that not the game that Vlad let everyone in for free?

Can't remember that bit but seem to recall the likes of Schemel (RB), Bednar, Pospisil and even Sir Rudi playing.

Doyle

Brandon

Moore
Hamilton

Petkov

Cochrane
Mcdonald

Smith

Keena

Trialist

Henderson

Subs

Logan

Stone

Baur

Currie

Ritchie

Denholm

Large

Alex Kintner
9 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Apparently the trials was someone called Max. Small, young, and talented.

Interesting...

Footballfirst
30 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Apparently the trials was someone called Max. Small, young, and talented.

If it was a small fair haired lad called Max, it could be the same Ukranian youngster who played as a trialist last season against Bonnyrigg and Stirling Albion.. His first name was Maksym. I think he will be 17 by now.

Edited by Footballfirst

21 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

If it was a small fair haired lad called Max, it could be the same Ukranian youngster who played as a trialist last season against Bonnyrigg and Stirling Albion.. His first name was Maksym. I think he will be 17 by now.

Fits the description I was told. I remember you mentioning that he looked like a good player when he was on trial with us before. There must be some kind of work permit issue as it seems both parties are interested. I wonder who he plays for.

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Fits the description I was told. I remember you mentioning that he looked like a good player when he was on trial with us before. There must be some kind of work permit issue as it seems both parties are interested. I wonder who he plays for.

I seem to remember some of the first photographs of pre season training with an unidentified youngster running with the squad. It could be him.

Footballfirst
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I seem to remember some of the first photographs of pre season training with an unidentified youngster running with the squad. It could be him.

The photo I remembered was actually as far back as March.  Who was the laddie next to Berra?

image.jpeg.e9f7dbe9a46d7c3c0ba8981c51a58e8f.jpeg