Bobby penalty save

Graham Thomson

Henry. Henry.

Im sure he saved a terrible penalty in last years game against Raith.  Good save tonight.   Off his line a bit though 😀

Phil Dunphy
1 minute ago, Henry. Henry. said:

Im sure he saved a terrible penalty in last years game against Raith.  Good save tonight.   Off his line a bit though 😀

No, he didn’t iirc. 

The missed penalties went wide/over. 

6 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

I've criticised the sfa for not being progressive enough to use VAR. I'm praising them for it tonight 

queensferryjambo
5 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, he didn’t iirc. 

The missed penalties went wide/over. 

He saved a penalty taken by Kyle Benedictus. The second penalty Raith failed to score was a miss that went over the bar. 

After the VAR nonsense during the women's World Cup, what a relief it was to get back watching football without all that nonsense. Quite glad Scottish football won't see that for quite some time.

Phil Dunphy
5 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

He saved a penalty taken by Kyle Benedictus. The second penalty Raith failed to score was a miss that went over the bar. 

My memory lets me down. 

SectionDJambo

After the nonsense of the Women’s World Cup, it’s probably unlikely VAR will be used for penalty kicks again.

Some good kicks taken by both teams tonight.

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, Thommo414 said:

I've criticised the sfa for not being progressive enough to use VAR. I'm praising them for it tonight 

We don't want var in this country 

It's certainly the 1st one I haven't seen but I thought he was extremely unlucky with the one he didnt save in the CF.  Just milimemetres away.

14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's certainly the 1st one I haven't seen but I thought he was extremely unlucky with the one he didnt save in the CF.  Just milimemetres away.

Should have saved the cup final penalty. Weak hands.

His decision making in the lead up to the pen (I know that twat played for it) and the attempt to save it still irks me.

Not sure we were getting beat otherwise.

27 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Should have saved the cup final penalty. Weak hands.

His decision making in the lead up to the pen (I know that twat played for it) and the attempt to save it still irks me.

Not sure we were getting beat otherwise.

Fully agree with your second point but not the first one.  Very poor decision making that led to the penalty.

192% agree with your final point.

9 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Was that the first save Bobby has made? 

Well done👍 

FTFY

Maroon Sailor
1 hour ago, Walrus said:

Good penalty save. 

Thought his positioning at the first goal was a bit wide. 

Screenshot_20190713-082703_Twitter.thumb.jpg.46a50d76bf828c26a67c5136f3702e52.jpg

He's a bombscare at times 

He’s a good shot stopper and not a bad keeper but I personally think he’s a back up keeper. He’s got a moment of madness in him and his kicking is really poor. 

letsalldothebeattie

Was a great penalty save from Bobby, no denying his ability as a shot stopper but its his all round goalkeeping that worries me

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Was a great penalty save from Bobby, no denying his ability as a shot stopper but its his all round goalkeeping that worries me

I thought it was a poor penalty and bobby went the right way. Nearly got a hand on another one which would have been a great save.

letsalldothebeattie
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I thought it was a poor penalty and bobby went the right way. Nearly got a hand on another one which would have been a great save.

From where I was I thought it looked a great save maybe you had a better look at it than me though

Jambof3tornado
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

From where I was I thought it looked a great save maybe you had a better look at it than me though

Aye from my sofa with the benefit on lots of replays. Its not anywhere near a corner. The next one WOULD have been a great stop, hes flying past the ball but brings a hand up to it but cant do quite enough.

Think we've been spoiled over the years with excellent goalies and the 2 we have just now are bang average journeymen,no more no less.

ArcticJambo

it was the perfect saveable height and abut four feet inside the post.  It was poor.  As tornado above states, he just missed on one around the same distance to his right but it was higher; seemed like it skiffed off his glove.  He momentarily lay there snow-angel looking to the heavens mouth agog.  :lol:  He's some boy, I like a big loveable character.

Pasquale for King
22 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Was that the first penalty save Bobby has made? 

Well done👍 

Doesn’t make up for the final