Now that's how to do a red card

Smoked-Glass

Smoked-Glass

Near end of game, outside the box and keep you from losing a goal. 

Worth it.  Ended up with 2 points too. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Ironic that we ended up with ten men given United should’ve been down to nine by that time 😡

Generous.  The LB, the number 19 and Connolly all should have been off

56 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Generous.  The LB, the number 19 and Connolly all should have been off

Clancy was too busy giving a foul every time Uche farted.

I thought Clancy was their best defender at corners and free kicks - he gave a foul against us every feckin time!!!

Just before we got our red the Utd thug should have had a second yellow for chopping down Hickey (?) As is the case when it’s us we get penalised a few seconds later. If the useless pedantic (when it’s against Hearts) Clancy had done his job and sent the Utd player off the red would never have happened. 

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I thought Clancy was their best defender at corners and free kicks - he gave a foul against us every feckin time!!!

Every time we had a free kick or a corner a foul was given.

Clancy is a terrible referee. 

Probably worth it but didn’t understand the applause tbh. It was his error that got us into trouble then his “recovery” got him a red. Not worthy of applause IMO.

4 minutes ago, Mort said:

Probably worth it but didn’t understand the applause tbh. It was his error that got us into trouble then his “recovery” got him a red. Not worthy of applause IMO.

Applause was for the fact he’d had a cracking game - you can’t have missed that 

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

More for his whole performance. 

12 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's about all he did. 

maroonsgotop
7 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Just before we got our red the Utd thug should have had a second yellow for chopping down Hickey (?) As is the case when it’s us we get penalised a few seconds later. If the useless pedantic (when it’s against Hearts) Clancy had done his job and sent the Utd player off the red would never have happened. 

correct. shocking challenge from their number 5 which that clown Clancy completely ignored

2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I thought he was decent. Needs more protection though as caught out a few times like he was at the end.

maroonsgotop
2 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

correct. including an excellent goal

5 minutes ago, cheetah said:

That's about all he did. 

Well that’s not actually true now, is it. 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Mort said:

I thought he was decent. Needs more protection though as caught out a few times like he was at the end.

He was more than decent. His goal was sublime - not an easy volley to execute. 

Once again, what impresses me about the youngsters coming through compared to previous seasons is they all have excellent technical ability and are amazingly composed. Even if you compare them to just slightly older age groups - Hickey, Cochrane and Irving seem better than Zanatta, Brandon and Godhino. If that improvement continues with each age group or at least stays consistent it should be exciting times.

Jambof3tornado
42 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Zanatta not hickey. Clear 2nd yellow. The refs agenda starts early!!

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Zanatta not hickey. Clear 2nd yellow. The refs agenda starts early!!

Utd couldn't have complained if they'd finished with 8 men.

scott herbertson

I thought Berra should have taken the ball for a corner and the rest of our team retreat back to our half. Then Berra could have passed it to their keeper

would have been less risk than the every time free kick with our players out of position. Either that or just give the ball to Clancy

I think we need to just adopt the attitude Man utd, Chelsea and Barcelona took to pressuring the referee. Chase him down and surround him. Its not illegal until you get fined for it and wouldn't be necessary if they could do just do their ****ing job correctly.

Naismith is excellent at refereeing the referee. Need someone who can do that when he's not on the field.

rick witter
8 hours ago, SectionN said:

Every time we had a free kick or a corner a foul was given.

Clancy is a terrible referee. 

Thought a lot of that was down to Berra trying to over complicate some of the corners and push his way in between defenders. Start doing that and the ref will blow every time that’s just what they do. 

We need to play the game a bit at corners and keep it simple. 

Irving should not have been at back when they broke, has all the attributes to make a great career at the game except not a lot of pace.

I was pleased for him with goal plus not far away from a second, goals from outwith box by any Hearts player recently are rare.

Dallas Green

I felt so sorry for the lad. He was immense all game. His vision, control, passing were all great and he scored an excellent goal too. All of this in absolutely terrible conditions. A little mistake at the end and he had jump on the ball. In my mind stopped a possible penalty and most likely a goal. I think he will play a role this season.

Walter Burns
8 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

Said exact same at game....centre half wiped out Zannata  right in front of us and Clancy never even spoke to him...if had done his job properly and sent him off, the incident with Irving doesn't happen....punished for a referee's incompetence already this season after many instances in previous seasons...😡

Edited by Walter Burns

maroonshrew

As it happened, I thought there aren't many 19 year olds with the wise head and experience to take that red card so professionally. Obviously don't wanna go giving medals out for red cards but we've seen many more experienced players track a player the whole way then foul them in the box. I'd put the slip down to the conditions and then taking the red was the best case scenario from that point on. 

He looks like hes got decent strength for a 19 yr old too. Encouraging performance. 

fabienleclerq

The ref should be apologising to the boy, he failed to send off the United player then failed to give a penalty when the keeper punched Uche in the face. 

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Thought a lot of that was down to Berra trying to over complicate some of the corners and push his way in between defenders. Start doing that and the ref will blow every time that’s just what they do. 

We need to play the game a bit at corners and keep it simple. 

Spot on, I know McPhee puts a lot of work into corner and free kick routines but I think we just over complicate stuff sometimes. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Fair play to Robbie,  he never was scared to have the lads put the boot in when required. 

Up to the referee to sort it out. He got the man for hand ball though 

Harry Potter
10 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Near end of game, outside the box and keep you from losing a goal. 

Worth it.  Ended up with 2 points too. 

Someone behind me actually thought it was not a red :berra:

letsalldothebeattie

A belter of a red card to get, didn't have any arguments with him being carded a clever one to take and hopefully shouldn't cost us going into the coming games

27 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Weather conditions were difficult for players but the referee didn't seem to know what he was doing...

Slight tangent.

I dont get this 'take the conditions into account ref'

No, it's the players who should do.

If you slip perhaps, but lunging in to slide tackles because it's wet, no.

But Clancy was awful last night.

rick witter
1 hour ago, SectionN said:

Spot on, I know McPhee puts a lot of work into corner and free kick routines but I think we just over complicate stuff sometimes. 

Exactly. Some of the set pieces are quite good and can catch teams out but some are way too complicated. 

There was one where Berra was standing next to the guy who was taking the free kick. It was plainly obvious he would make some sort of run and he would be the target for the cross and when it can in there was 3 Utd players round him. 

All it needed from the free kick was a good delivery into the box. Nice and simple. 

Tommy Brown
10 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

That's cleared that mystery. I was wondering why? Last night.

Harry Potter
35 minutes ago, farin said:

They need their eyes tested. 😄

5BBE8CB5-30F5-476C-B209-6770FD3AD69D.jpeg

Think maroon tinted glasses comes to mind farin, .

3 hours ago, Dallas Green said:

I felt so sorry for the lad. He was immense all game. His vision, control, passing were all great and he scored an excellent goal too. All of this in absolutely terrible conditions. A little mistake at the end and he had jump on the ball. In my mind stopped a possible penalty and most likely a goal. I think he will play a role this season.

I Very impressed with Irving last night if it wasn't for his red card he was up there for MOTM 

Smoked-Glass
9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

I Very impressed with Irving last night if it wasn't for his red card he was up there for MOTM 

he is man of the match.  he got us a point with the chance to go on and get 2. 

maroonshrew
9 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

For me, the red card should've sealed MOTM!

Dallas Green
On 13/07/2019 at 11:11, kimosavi said:

100%

He is an exciting talent for sure.

Busby is God2
On 13/07/2019 at 00:53, OTT said:

I think we need to just adopt the attitude Man utd, Chelsea and Barcelona took to pressuring the referee. Chase him down and surround him. Its not illegal until you get fined for it and wouldn't be necessary if they could do just do their ****ing job correctly.

Naismith is excellent at refereeing the referee. Need someone who can do that when he's not on the field.

This !!

👏🏻

On 13/07/2019 at 10:33, farin said:

They need their eyes tested. 😄

5BBE8CB5-30F5-476C-B209-6770FD3AD69D.jpeg

Isn't there an arguement that even if a part of the arm wasn't used, he still committed an infringement as Clark couldn't get to the ball because of his deliberate actions, it would still be a red?

John Findlay

It was a red card. We get them the opposition still don't.  I still firmly believe that Hearts players get punished more harshly than any other team.

Captain Sausage
On 13/07/2019 at 08:24, fabienleclerq said:

The ref should be apologising to the boy, he failed to send off the United player then failed to give a penalty when the keeper punched Uche in the face. 

Thought I was the only one who saw that. Keeper came to punch the ball, Uche beat him to it and got flattened. Not a word said about it and Utd launch it forward resulting in Irving’s red card. 

Clancy should’ve booked their holding midfielder after about 2 minutes, and he’d have then been sent off for a second yellow early in the second half. The full back got booked, then stopped a cross coming into the box with an obvious hand ball, no second yellow given - Robbie subbed him at half time. Finally their cart horse centre half who took Zanatta out as he made his way past two Utd players down the wing. Second yellow every day of the week. Just so frustrating to see inconsistencies in when bookings are applied.