Hickey

Never Let Them Forget

11 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

This is going to be unpopular so bare in mind I posted earlier that I had him as my man of the match from being at the game.

Just watched the highlights (10mins available on Stenny website). As I suspected Clare at fault at goal. He stood watching rather than closing down the crosser. Hadn't appreciated Hickey also at fault. He is out muscled by the striker who gets across him to turn the ball home. Similarly one of the players at fault at the Dundee Utd goal, letting Shankland get across him. One part of his game for Levein to work on, although partly might be a strength issue just now.

Neither Clare or Hickey did anything much, if at all, wrong at the goal.  Clare sprints back 80 yards and there's no way he's going to get across to the wide player so he tries to go near post to block out the cross.  Hickey is tight to his man and it's just a good ball and finish.

Smith was the one most to blame for losing the ball with everyone in the box

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• JamboAl

• Kiwidoug

• NB GIN

9 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Neither Clare or Hickey did anything much, if at all, wrong at the goal.  Clare sprints back 80 yards and there's no way he's going to get across to the wide player so he tries to go near post to block out the cross.  Hickey is tight to his man and it's just a good ball and finish.

Doesnt really matter.  You could forensically examine any goal and lay blame.

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Exactly. Unless it’s a glaring error I tend not to blame individuals, most goals come from a mistake of some sorts. 

33 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Correct, and I'm no bothered about the goal but it certainly wasn't down to Hickey or Clare

2 hours ago, Diego10 said:

I think part of the problem was that Smith was massively out of position when he lost the ball, not only turning over possession, but when the ball was switched to the Stenny left winger, he wasn't there to cover.

Thought the centre forward did well to get across Hickey, and it was a well executed break.

4 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly. Unless it’s a glaring error I tend not to blame individuals, most goals come from a mistake of some sorts. 

Every single goal scored will have blame credited to someone, no matter how trivial the error

I have just read through this entire thread again.  Bit too long in the tooth to get completely carried away with a 17 year old but this young man really has me excited.

Bit concerned about his contract situation though.  Does anyone know what it is?  I'll happily forge his signature on a 5 year contract if that will help.

Unless my eyes completely deceived me today a question - why did Aaron take his first penalty in senior football with his right foot? 

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless my eyes completely deceived me today a question - why did Aaron take his first penalty in senior football with his right foot? 

He is two footed.

He is two footed but maybe that’s his strongest foot

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Did anyone clarify if his contract runs out in June?

Jambof3tornado
18 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I have just read through this entire thread again.  Bit too long in the tooth to get completely carried away with a 17 year old but this young man really has me excited.

Bit concerned about his contract situation though.  Does anyone know what it is?  I'll happily forge his signature on a 5 year contract if that will help.

There was a ball into him today and the opponent was tight on his back, hickey let the ball flick off his heel and run through his legs as he spun away from the east fife player. Sublime but if it hadn't worked he'd have been in deep poop. Brave and confident to try things.

20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

There was a ball into him today and the opponent was tight on his back, hickey let the ball flick off his heel and run through his legs as he spun away from the east fife player. Sublime but if it hadn't worked he'd have been in deep poop. Brave and confident to try things.

Yip - said the same at the game.

Looks utterly supreme confidence wise 

been here before
55 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Really felt for the laddie today. 

Glad the fans got behind him after his penalty miss.

Just what I came on to post.

Jambof3tornado
Just now, PTBCAL said:

Yip - said the same at the game.

Looks utterly supreme confidence wise 

I know youngsters will be up and down and its all about dealing with them right when things arent going right but bugger me he looks good!!