• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• JamboAl

• Kiwidoug

• NB GIN

15 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Just hope he’s left to play there and not affected by unnecessary rotation. By all means drop him if he has a run of poor games (not 1), or if he gets injured he naturally sits out. 

In todays game there’s times managers or coaches always try to play the genius by selecting different players game to game. I don’t think it helps the team to find consistency or let players get an understanding. 

He's too young to play every week. His form will dip and he needs protected from that rather than having people groaning at him. He's a talent to be nurtured and supported if we're to develop him properly.

Just now, stan said:

He's too young to play every week. His form will dip and he needs protected from that rather than having people groaning at him. He's a talent to be nurtured and supported if we're to develop him properly.

Agree, that’s my point. Take him out when appropriate. 

Alex Kintner
4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

No, I get what you’re saying. We should just enjoy the fact we actually look like we’ve got a left back at last. 

👍🏻

Just now, Debut 4 said:

Agree, that’s my point. Take him out when appropriate. 

Fair enough. I'd hope we anticipate and protect him early. Looking forward to seeing Aidy White too. Imagine having competition for left back at Hearts!

48 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

Brilliant to watch and Mulraney and him linked up really well.  Was up against United's player of the season and basically never gave him a kick

Was up against Scotland's player of the year in the Cup final and never gave him a kick either.

Cruyff Turn
9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Doesn’t reflect badly on Naysmith. Takis was our best left back I’ve seen. Naysmith was still unbelievable, he played his best football at Everton though.

Gary was a bit more of a tough old skol Left back and didn’t have a right foot. He’d run all day but if there was nothing on he’d do the old skol thing and just bang it down the channel. 

Hickeys two footed, can go either way. Quite comfortable to come inside and happy to take on his man if nothings on.

Footballs a bit different to what it was in Gary’s day. 

We really need to protect the boy at such a young age. He is such a talent and could be one of our most promising youngsters for years 

I absolutely love it when I see this and you look behind it to the academy where it’s all happening. Fantastic 

re Hickey, even when he made a slight mistake for the Utd goal (inexperience only) it doesn’t seem to phase him. He is level headed, composed and always looks for the ball and the pass 

I honestly think he has the talent to go on and play at a higher level down south so let’s enjoy watching him progress with us

5 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

Better than Wallace, Tierney or dare I say it Robertson at the same age. 

I’m no expert or footballing guru but he looks better than Wallace or Naismith when they came thru so far ahead it’s scary , united targeted  him early doors and he came out playing football, didn’t panick wasn’t bullied. I know he’s young but I had much more faith when the ball was at his feet than anybody else in defence ,just hope he can stay focused and grounded he can go as far as he wants he’s 17 

Who_put_the_ball_in...
Just now, qferryjam said:

I’m no expert or footballing guru but he looks better than Wallace or Naismith when they came thru so far ahead it’s scary , united targeted  him early doors and he came out playing football, didn’t panick wasn’t bullied. I know he’s young but I had much more faith when the ball was at his feet than anybody else in defence ,just hope he can stay focused and grounded he can go as far as he wants he’s 17 

Let’s hope he keeps progressing. Could pay for that new stand on his own

1 hour ago, Diego10 said:

Brilliant to watch and Mulraney and him linked up really well.  Was up against United's player of the season and basically never gave him a kick

Wallace and Driver...

:wow:

16 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

That is an outrageous statement but it sure is difficult to argue with.

Edited by JamboAl

4 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

He looks good. Fantastic player. Naismith is a very bold claim though. Naysmith looked absolutely sensational from his first team debut.

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Not for me. He’s playing very well in anproblem position for Hearts. Keep him where he is and let him carry on the great work so far. 

Got to agree. Wing backs are about as important a player as you can buy nowadays and he looks mighty impressive from what we’ve seen. 

I really don’t want to get too far ahead of ourselves here but he looks a proper, proper footballer. 

46 minutes ago, Who_put_the_ball_in... said:

He isn’t a left back another poster has nailed it he will end up in midfield and will excel there

8 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Yeah I know pace won’t increase by age 

Have you been on the gin?

Yes he's looking good. Youth development is a funny one. Its important he stays grounded and doesn't go chasing dreams down south before he's got his 100 games. Physically he's not there and he will make mistakes he'll need to bounce back from. 

I'm not being negative, just realistic and its important that all our youngsters see the long term impact of their decisions. When he gets interest from down south, because any 16 year old playing first team football will attract attention, he needs to know that its highly likely he will disappear into the reserves and potentially stall his development. Any move he makes should be at a time where he is going into the first team. Anything less represents a massive risk to his development. 

However, he's doing great and should be very proud of what he has achieved already. Excited to see him kick on this season!

1 hour ago, 1874Gorgie1874 said:

Best  left back in the world 

Nah, Levein ruined him when he never subbed him at Parkhead when he had a wee bit cramp😂

Mr Elwood P
11 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

Will it not? Height and muscle mass will both increase. That in turn will improve speed and acceleration!

Holyrood_Hearts

He’s superb. Hopefully he can keep a level head & can continue his development. 

This is really encouraging.  Very pleased that the impression he made on me in the Cup Final wasn't misplaced.  I almost literally couldn't stop thinking about him for days.

16 years old, up against Forest, never gave him a look in, helped to set up a goal, played the whole game.

It scarcely bears thinking about it.

I can tell you that I have sung his praises to everyone I've spoken to since.  Couldn't give a toss that the bulk weren't remotely interested.

All the above comments and this latest performance really should sell season tickets.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Le Chat said:

I'm going to be heartbroken when we sell him for about £30M in a few years time.

Enjoy watching the lad in maroon while we can.

You'll feel better after we use the money to fill in the corners!

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

He looks good. Fantastic player. Naismith is a very bold claim though. Naysmith looked absolutely sensational from his first team debut.

Naysmith apologies couple of beers yep I remember how good he was I just think this lads ability and football brain maybes gives him the edge early early days but he’s ahead of the other lads in his age group now just on the fact he’s not been bullied and kept mistakes to a minimum while doing all the other things a full back should and each game seems to have improved his stamina 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hickey looks an unbelievable talent. Better than Gary Naysmith at that age? 

Needs to score a 25 yard raker into the top corner against Aberdeen. If he does that, he'll get the crown.

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Could be the first ever billion pound player the way leagues are splashing the cash? 

Maybe I'm being a tad optimistic? 

Either that or you're extremely pessimistic about how the pound will do after the cluster**** that is brexit actually happens!  £1bn might only be equivalent to about half a million euros once BJ surpasses Cameron (Dave, not Mickey!) and May (Theresa, not Stevie!) as worst PM ever!

FarmerTweedy
3 hours ago, Never Let Them Forget said:

He doesn’t need rested, keep playing him.

Pre-season training only started three weeks ago.  All of the players need managed carefully at this point, especially the young ones.  That was only his third ever first team game, he's clearly not fully developed physically yet.  In fact, there was a point just before the end where Zlamal had the ball and was about to play it to him, but he indicated that he really didn't want it, and looked to be struggling a bit. I think it looked lie it was just cramp, but even so, it's a reminder that he's a very young kid and not necessarily ready to be playing for the first team twice in the space of four or five days.

9 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Either that or you're extremely pessimistic about how the pound will do after the cluster**** that is brexit actually happens!  £1bn might only be equivalent to about half a million euros once BJ surpasses Cameron (Dave, not Mickey!) and May (Theresa, not Stevie!) as worst PM ever!

Good point. 

I'm on ma holy days and a beer that used to cost the equivalent of £5 now costs me £7.50. 

Obviously, I was not at the Dundee United game but what's being said about Aaron Hickey echoes what I thought about him after his display in the cup final. 

Great prospect. 

Not long ago we were salivating about Demi Mitchell while Hickey was working away in academy football.

Who's to say the new Robbo isnt doing exactly the same thing.

Wonder what's become of Mitchell.

7 hours ago, Le Chat said:

I'm going to be heartbroken when we sell him for about £30M in a few years time.

Enjoy watching the lad in maroon while we can.

It's good to see him kick on from last season. A very composed performance and he will just get better.

Finlay James

Box soccer is paying dividends.

I thought he did excellent again.  Like Irving, he's a proper footballer who has great touch and awareness.  It's only natural that people will compare him to other left backs so for the comparison to be made with Gary Naysmith so early in his career is a huge compliment.  Personally, I think his style is more comparable with Fyssas, another proper footballer.

On a side note, the quality of Hickey, McDonald, Cochrane, Irving, Smith etc is exactly what we willing be getting from the academy going forward.  This is not by chance, it's completely by design.  Our youths are being coached to have awareness, touch and vision and there are plenty more following through from the younger age groups that we'll see in the coming years.

He looks like a fantastic talent. Two good feet, quick and technically excellent. Hopefully he can keep improving and stay grounded.

Looks like Craig and all those at the Academy are doing a brilliant job, and there is definitely a lot to be optimistic about.

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Needs to score a 25 yard raker into the top corner against Aberdeen. If he does that, he'll get the crown.

Wonder how much we would get for a young player, on a decent contract going directly to a team like Everton, Wolves or Sunderland these days? Scary money, most likely.

David McCaig
8 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He’s 17!

Just turned 17 and not exactly slow at the moment.

He showed excellent pace to reach one of Smith's overhit crosses in the first half and then amazing skill to somehow fashion a fantastic cross into the box.

Very similar to Naismith in that he just seems to have an understanding of how to do the simple things well, if he has even half of his will to win, he will be bound for the EPL.

I remember a couple of seasons ago when King, Nicholson etc were coming through and we were a bit excited. Those who followed the younger age groups (the U14s etc) were saying the best was yet to come, that we had some really good talents who were head and shoulders above the rest. 

I'm assuming Hickey, Irving etc are these players now breaking through. In which case, those posters were right. We have some really exciting talents ready to push for the first team. Future's bright, etc etc.

Absolute baller. So relaxed even under pressure and very comfortable on the ball always wanting to get forward but also listening intensively to berras instructions talking him through the game. Great prospect that could be our answer to that cursed left back position

Mr Elwood P
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not long ago we were salivating about Demi Mitchell while Hickey was working away in academy football.

Who's to say the new Robbo isnt doing exactly the same thing.

Wonder what's become of Mitchell.

He’s back at Manchester United with a year to run on his contract. Think he will end up on loan in League One or Championship down south. If he recaptures his first loan spell form he could have a great career. Hope he’s nowhere near Tynecastle, it would just block off opportunities for Hickey or Mulraney.

9 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Will it not? Height and muscle mass will both increase. That in turn will improve speed and acceleration!

Not to mention improving running form of he chooses to focus on it to improve

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Taffin said:

Not to mention improving running form of he chooses to focus on it to improve

Indeed. Another JKB myth, busted!

Absolutely brilliant prospect. Need to be very careful with him though. 

Did I hear right late in the 2nd half when Bobby had the ball and Hickey was absolutely shattered and didnt/couldn't move to receive the ball, did some fans really moan at the young boy? I hope someone will say I'm wrong and clarify what happened. 

hereford_hearts
10 hours ago, NB GIN said:

So Linford Christie was faster at 17 than when he won the Olympics?