Here we go again!!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

Competitive football starts again for us tonight! Meaningless friendlies finished and now results matter , very positive for the season ahead as always , goodluck to Craig levein , the coaching staff and the players for campaign ahead.

Heartsofgold
7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Competitive football starts again for us tonight! Meaningless friendlies finished and now results matter , very positive for the season ahead as always , goodluck to Craig levein , the coaching staff and the players for campaign ahead.

This!!  Come on lads do us proud this year. 

Sexton Hardcastle

People will get carried away when we score a goal/win a game and reckon we can achieve big things.

The same people will throw the toys out the pram when we concede goals, lose games and be calling for Leveins head within weeks.

Strap yourself in for the usual circus.

Roxy Hearts

Come on Heart of Midlothian, always. 

Lump in my throat writing that! 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

Will be watching in Haggerston Castle surrounded by grown men wearing Celtic and Rangers tops 🙄 I saw a Rangers fan wearing a special Union Jack Rangers top as well as matching Union Jack socks 🤔

Come on boys, play to your ability and we will have a great season, some shite has been cut from the squad and 3 great signings added (i'm including Naismith given he was injured for most of last season).

I believe in you!!

Shanks said no

Looking forward to hitting Bensons for the first time since the final, double rounds to start the season off.

ever hopeful, to the extent that I have actually put money on Hearts tonight 

4forDevries

Watched loads of international football this summer, as I guess most of us have.  Common to the bulk of the good teams was a high octane pressing game. We need to have faith in our ability to play such a game, we have before and been successful. 

14 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

Will be watching in Haggerston Castle surrounded by grown men wearing Celtic and Rangers tops 🙄 I saw a Rangers fan wearing a special Union Jack Rangers top as well as matching Union Jack socks 🤔

In fairness it is their marching season and today is a big day for those who choose the past :)

It’s my wedding anniversary so taking Mrs JH to the game.

I spoil her you know.

Be nice to abuse the linesman from the Gorgie stand for a change

The Real Maroonblood
41 minutes ago, Sexton Hardcastle said:

People will get carried away when we score a goal/win a game and reckon we can achieve big things.

The same people will throw the toys out the pram when we concede goals, lose games and be calling for Leveins head within weeks.

Strap yourself in for the usual circus.

The Levein’s time up thread is on standby.:laugh:

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well said.

close season is a nightmare. Can’t wait to get back. Good luck Craig and all at the club. 

FTH

Captain Lithuania
16 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Watched loads of international football this summer, as I guess most of us have.  Common to the bulk of the good teams was a high octane pressing game. We need to have faith in our ability to play such a game, we have before and been successful. 

This is the problem I think. Everyone sees these teams on the telly play a high pressing intense game and think the only option is to recreate it.

Truth is, you play with what you’ve got. We don’t really have the players for that, we have to play it our own way, which suits the type of players we have. Not saying you are but people get mad when we’re not spraying it about like Manchester City when we’re signing players like Sean Clare and Zlamal instead of Bernardo Silva and Ederson. As long as our game plan is effective I don’t care how we win. Looking forward to a good season hopefully. 

Can’t wait to see the team for 2019-2020. New faces, new strips and and expansive, attacking 

team show how good we are against a team from a lower league. 

4forDevries
1 minute ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

This is the problem I think. Everyone sees these teams on the telly play a high pressing intense game and think the only option is to recreate it.

Truth is, you play with what you’ve got. We don’t really have the players for that, we have to play it our own way, which suits the type of players we have. Not saying you are but people get mad when we’re not spraying it about like Manchester City when we’re signing players like Sean Clare and Zlamal instead of Bernardo Silva and Ederson. As long as our game plan is effective I don’t care how we win. Looking forward to a good season hopefully. 

Our 4-0 demolition of Celtic was based on a high pressing game and we arguably have better capability to do that now.

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

Our 4-0 demolition of Celtic was based on a high pressing game and we arguably have better capability to do that now.

Deary me, that was not even last season. 

42 minutes ago, salvo69 said:

I'll be watching from the Tuscan hills, with a wine in hand. 

4forDevries
1 minute ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Doesn't really matter what season Arnaud, It's a method of playing and we have some young and hungry legs that can do the trick.

10 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

Your username is very last season ☺

letsalldothebeattie

That time of the season where the optimism is at its highest. Can’t wait to get back to Tynie. The road to the Treble, double or single starts tonight. 

1 hour ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Will be watching in Benalmadena. Come on the Gorgie :yas:

I'll be on the plane back from Benalmadena unfortunately!!!

Jambo_in_Madrid

I'll be watching from Madrid. The fridge is well stocked and I'm really looking forward to this new season :flag1:

30 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

We pressed Caley hard on Monday. Didn't make it easy at all, and was good to watch. 

50 minutes ago, Arnaud Djoum said:

What’s that to do with the price of a pint of milk?

1 hour ago, 4forDevries said:

I doubt we are going to be doing that at this stage of the season.

The White Cockade

But its a shame we still have the same injury issues from last season 

Haring still out and Uche not yet 100%

Naismith still not available and Washington and Walker not 100%

Hopefully we do the business tonight and play some good stuff

Come on the Hearts!!

First game at Tynecastle since our narrow defeat to Celtic in February. Looking forward to seeing our new signings expecting a win,  as I always do at home. The fact we are playing in this tournament is a reminder of our failure to meet our targets and the fans expectations , ie European football. However this is in the past cmon the Hearts.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Can’t wait to see the team for 2019-2020. New faces, new strips and and expansive, attacking 

team show how good we are against a team from a lower league. 

:naughty:

Hector Riva

Watching on the telly from Finger ma hola next to Benalmadena  . Mon the JTs

William H. Bonney
29 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Sex club? 

48 minutes ago, Hector Riva said:

Have you got your St.Mike nearby?