Top Posters In This Topic

• Rick James

• been here before

• SUTOL

• Shanks

Top Posters In This Topic

Fxxx the SPFL
Just now, mainstandjambo said:

Excluding hospitality sales I would estimate in region of 5300 home sales at present.

not impressive at present hopefully shift a good few more today and tomorrow and plenty of walk ups.

scott herbertson

Crowds in recent years for home league cup ties usually 6-8000 with more for the ICT game last year which was a decider

Live on telly may affect the crowd a bit as no STs apply

22 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Should be a decent united support, playing a top tier side.

You going ?

Just now, PTBCAL said:

Got tics in the Gorgie stand yesterday 

Hope you reported that to the club. 😉

Harry Potter
Just now, Jambo316 said:

I'm waiting on Wheatfield stand to open, hate watching it on that side lol

Might be a long wait

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Might be a long wait

Aye I live in hope they did it at the Inverness game last year so never know lol

12 minutes ago, Jambo316 said:

I'm waiting on Wheatfield stand to open, hate watching it on that side lol

Wish hearts realised people want their own seats and would shift alot more if just opened the stands.

I get money saving so dont need to get security etc for more than one stand but cant help think we shot ourselves in foot with approach to cup games and stands not being opened

the general
56 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Got tics in the Gorgie stand yesterday 

Same ... not many good seats left in main stand

first game of the season, Friday night at tynie! 

everyone get along! understand its on TV but at £12 a adult ticket easy choice for me 

Dalstonjambo
23 minutes ago, J80MBO said:

Wish hearts realised people want their own seats and would shift alot more if just opened the stands.

I get money saving so dont need to get security etc for more than one stand but cant help think we shot ourselves in foot with approach to cup games and stands not being opened

Genuine question here - do you honestly think it's that many people? I can't say I or anyone I know would ever care about sitting in 'my' seat to watch the game if the wheatfield wasn't available. Fair enough if the alternative was being sat behind a pole or in a markedly worse view, but bar one or 2 on here i've never heard someone say this for these games. Wanting a good seat - yes, but their own? Not sure that many people care. Certainly not enough to make back the associated costs.

I'm not sure we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

gorgie rd eh11

I'd prefer if all the stands were open. Having totally empty stands creates a strange almost friendly game atmosphere.

I know there won't be a big crowd but i don't think it benefits the team having half the stadium shut.

scott herbertson
23 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Genuine question here - do you honestly think it's that many people? I can't say I or anyone I know would ever care about sitting in 'my' seat to watch the game if the wheatfield wasn't available. Fair enough if the alternative was being sat behind a pole or in a markedly worse view, but bar one or 2 on here i've never heard someone say this for these games. Wanting a good seat - yes, but their own? Not sure that many people care. Certainly not enough to make back the associated costs.

I'm delighted to be in the Main stand - don't often pitch up there (this goes way back to the days when as a 10 year old my granddad would occassionaly take me into the 'enclosure' - the standing area below the old main stand' 

Also like that we sit beside strangers - the regular seat thing means you have the same old folk around you which can be a mixed blessing

heartmussel
36 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Won't make it im too busy lighting a bonfire 

😂👍

The Treasurer
53 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I must admit I do prefer my usual seat as I get a great view from there, but it certainly wouldn't stop me from going to a game if I have to sit elsewhere

Booked my own seat in the boozer 👍

Edited by cheetah

2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Crowds in recent years for home league cup ties usually 6-8000 with more for the ICT game last year which was a decider

Live on telly may affect the crowd a bit as no STs apply

What channel?

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Yeah I agree. My ST is in the main stand, so could have gotten these although going with a lot more folk, but I’ve actually got seats more central for this one.

andythejambo

The reason  many people like their "own" seat, is that they are sitting with friends / family. I have a group of friends who bought a block of seats when the Wheatfield first opened. Trying to get 12 seats together in a free for all can be a nightmare.....

1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

I might be in the minority here, but at cup games, I quite like hving to sit elsewhere. I sit in my ST seat 19 times a season, the wee change of scenery is nice.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

I think the club should include an option to purchase a bolt on to season tickets to cover cup matches.

I appreciate that we never know how many but it could either be set for either an average number, e.g. pay £100-£120 extra and get access to all home cup games with both parties taking a bit of a risk, or a minimum set up - pay £30 extra to get all home LC group matches with priority purchasing taking care of the knock out rounds (and SC) assuming we make it.

I know it's more money when people have already shelled out a large amount, but I'd be up for the extra £100-£120.  Would be good for the club too.

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Queensland Jambo said:

I think the club should include an option to purchase a bolt on to season tickets to cover cup matches.

I appreciate that we never know how many but it could either be set for either an average number, e.g. pay £100-£120 extra and get access to all home cup games with both parties taking a bit of a risk, or a minimum set up - pay £30 extra to get all home LC group matches with priority purchasing taking care of the knock out rounds (and SC) assuming we make it.

I know it's more money when people have already shelled out a large amount, but I'd be up for the extra £100-£120.  Would be good for the club too.

On the surface that's a decent idea and IIRC Hibs have done this. That in itself should make you suspicious!

One issue is that we have to pay the opposition clubs their share for these games. So if tickets are £12 we have to pay them £6 for anyone who took up the package, a cup game against category A opposition we'd be paying them £15 etc

Stupid Sexy Flanders
19 minutes ago, Locky said:

I might be in the minority here, but at cup games, I quite like hving to sit elsewhere. I sit in my ST seat 19 times a season, the wee change of scenery is nice.

Me too, sitting in the Gorgie tomorrow for the first time in about 15 years. 

Hectormasson

I was hoping the gate would be around 12/ 14 k  but being a Friday night and on bt " seems to have put a few of  'it's the first game in a while ,I'd thought curiosity and a wee change from the pub on a Friday etc might have added to a bigger gate  ? But it also tells us that the league cup isn't really that worth bothering about , the earlier rounds it seems ,,, heres hoping for a good turnout.....

Edited by Hectormasson
Recieve replies

Hectormasson
1 minute ago, Hectormasson said:

I was hoping the gate would be around 12/ 14 k  but being a Friday night and on bt " seems to have put a few of  'it's the first game in a while ,I'd thought curiosity and a wee change from the pub on a Friday etc might have added to a bigger gate  ? But it also tells us that the league cup isn't really that worth bothering about , the earlier rounds it seems ,,, heres hoping for a good turnout.....

21 minutes ago, Stupid Sexy Flanders said:

Me too, sitting in the Gorgie tomorrow for the first time in about 15 years. 

Sitting in R in the new main stand. Sat there for the 1st time vs Saints in the cup 2 years ago. Since then I've sat another 2 teams for the Caley cup game and Angus Beith game.

Sat in the Gorgie for the first time in years last season because I took my wee one.

7 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

The big issue is people are on holiday mate, particularly any time in the trades fortnight. Disastrously I will be asleep when the game is on Friday night and it will be the nightmare wake up and check the score. 

2 hours ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Ye could be not that many people, fair point...and insignificant number. I just always sense and get impression - maybe false one - people hold out for their own seat in a certain stand and as time passes just make other plans to go to pub for example whereas if stand with their seat was open they would get in for ticket.

JamboGraham
43 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

33 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The big issue is people are on holiday mate. 

There are so many factors at play here, this is the earliest Hearts will ever have played a League Cup tie at Tynecastle. It's still in the key first fortnight of the school/trades holidays. To get a sense of what the key holiday period can do we should look at our last European venture. Our first round game was in June (yes!!!) and we actually got a bigger crowd than our second round game in the 3rd week of July. League cup ties on the 22nd and 24th July had gates of 6,265 and 7,486 in recent seasons. OK that was Cowdenbeath and East Fife but with all respect to Dundee United are many Hearts supporters going to so much more excited about them in comparison.

BT of course won't help but the other major factor is that the group games are played in the spirit, style and feel of pre-season friendlies...I think that is wrong but it is reality.

JamboGraham
4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would be delighted if we get anything nearing this amount...our must wins against ICT (Sun aft) and Dunfermline (Sat aft), both played over 2 weeks later had 10,030 and 8,404....

Hectormasson
22 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

I would be delighted if we get anything nearing this amount...our must wins against ICT (Sun aft) and Dunfermline (Sat aft), both played over 2 weeks later had 10,030 and 8,404....

But saying that we were in the beginning of building the main stand back then " still your prob right  wel get around ten k I'd imagine come Friday evening.....

2 hours ago, Locky said:

I agree nice to have a change.

Would love to go and sit somewhere different from my normal seat but heyho will just need to enjoy hospitality in the Domincan Republic instead can’t even watch it on tv either as I don’t think there’s any tv,s on this island either🌴🌴🍺🍺

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Likewise the last 2 seasons when I could afford a St. Would move over to the wheatfield and just sit and admire the new stand (if there was nothing desirable on the pitch that is) 

V quiet in shop & at the ticket desk. Still a shedload left going by the pile on the desk. On the plus side we’re in the new Bertie for this one instead of the Wheatfield & a few in the 1874 pre match.