Happy Birthday Graham Weir

maroonlegions

maroonlegions
Just now, McCrae said:

Career ended early by injury.  One of my favourite moments as a Hearts fan... the day we won 4-4

Was there ,right behind the HIbs dug out, brother wanted to leave at 4-2 , oh how he was glad he never.

:scenes:

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

I’m going to wait till 11.58pm then wish him happy birthday twice 👍🏻

😄

itsnomarooned

I was sitting next to a Hibby mate. Was great watching him being hugged left, right, and centre when our 4th went in. 😂

scott herbertson

Was down in london and followed it online with a few cans of beer. Got very unhappy at 4-2 and went to the pub and got blootered. Was going to go straight to bed and avoid the usual (even then) kickback meltdown over the result, and thought I'd just have a wee peek. Imagine my surprise at thethread titles!

Smoked-Glass
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Career ended early by injury.  One of my favourite moments as a Hearts fan... the day we won 4-4

I walked out and missed it 

My mum-in-law told us over the phone that we had lost.  Spoiled our entire evening, found out the next day that we had ‘won’ 4-4!

‘4-2 and you fecked it up’. :rofl:

Carl Weathers

I left at 3-2 Hibs and stuck the headphones on. Seen the result was 4-4 on teletext when I got home. 

☹️

I was a young lad and was in row 1, ended up leaving at 2-2... Got to the parents house to find it finished 4-4.

Edited by SectionN

Stood to leave at 2-4 but, thankfully, was in the old main. Exits and passageways were jammed with fleeing fans so had to remain. 

Thank feck. 

Within two minutes we were celebrating the most fabulous draw I've ever known. 

The Hibby hates us; can't think why. 

The Old Tolbooth

How we were ever 4-2 down in that game is a complete mystery to this day for me, we absolutely dominated and battered them, and should have been out of sight! I would have missed our 2 late golas if I could have gotten out, but with everyone else leaving I couldn't get anywhere near the exits and saw the 2 goals, it was pandemonium in our end when the 4th went it, and the Hibs fans who were singing "Happy new year" to us, were suddenly on the receiving end of Hearts fans singing "Happy new Weir" :D 

Bumped into him in a lift in the holiday Inn in Sarajevo when we were playing Zeljeznicar, he was carrying 4 pot noodles for his pre-match meal :lol: 

That why you should never leave early, the pandemonium on the Wheatfield concourse and the stunned greeting faced Sister fisters were a true joy to behold.

”Happy New Weir Happy New Weir wooa wooa!!”

Spitonastranger
6 hours ago, martoon said:

Stood to leave at 2-4 but, thankfully, was in the old main. Exits and passageways were jammed with fleeing fans so had to remain. 

Thank feck. 

Within two minutes we were celebrating the most fabulous draw I've ever known. 

The Hibby hates us; can't think why. 

exact same for me and my son :clyay:

He's playing for Harthill Royal in the East Juniors South Division last season. Saw a contemporary of his last night, Robert Sloan, playing for Armadale Thistle against Blackburn Utd in a pre season friendly

I was in the row behind the walkway in the Wheatfield and fell over the barrier when we equalised and if i remember there was a conga started. I do remember i turned to my mate when it went 3-4 when he said “we still have time” and told him to shut up as all they had to do was keep the ball and it was over. What then followed was Hibs doing what Hibs do and punted the ball straight to us committing a foul and the rest is history.

That year for derbies was the best for games.

Back to 2005

Wanted out at 2-4 but couldn't move in the Wheatfield.  Best draw ever. We only won 4-4!!

What a season for derbies. The original 5-1, Stampies late winner and this one. Hibs not surprisingly declined a fourth game!

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Wanted out at 2-4 but couldn't move in the Wheatfield.  Best draw ever. We only won 4-4!!

What a season for derbies. The original 5-1, Stampies late winner and this one. Hibs not surprisingly declined a fourth game!

My son and I were in the enclosure  at the corner by the Rosefield stand, we started to leave at 4-2 just before we scored our third. I remember distinctly looking at the Hubz supporters and noticing two of them looking at each other in dismay, they sensed what was coming.