• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

queensferryjambo
Just now, Captain Scarlett said:

Erm a game that finished 1-1 after 90 minutes so in a knockout tie would have been a replay to a championship side away.Fact

No replays in the league cup Captain...........

Would have went to extra time if it was league cup knock out - which it wasn't - FACT

The White Cockade

Played some nice stuff and pressed high up putting pressure on them so fairly pleasing performance

our finishing not improved though and has to quickly if we are to push on

only disappointments for me were Clare and Washington 

SpruceBringsteen

Played well enough, will be capable of even better once everyone is at full fitness. Good win. :cool:

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Erm a game that finished 1-1 after 90 minutes so in a knockout tie would have been a replay to a championship side away.Fact

Cool story. 

We made the final of the last knockout tournament we were in, eh? 

Put that in your 1-1 pipe replay pish. 

5 minutes ago, maroonedinbriz said:

I am the only one to think Uche is more of a hindrance than advantage?

No you're not. He really isn't that great at all. Dreadful decision making. 

Thought we played well overall. Naismith still to come back as a forward option. One more central midfielder still needed.

Certainly looks to have been the right decision to pass on Shankland. 

The White Cockade

And who is the sad case giving the 8 year olds behind the goal the Gorgie Loyal UJ?

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

Fact? 

Tbf, he wouldn’t have scored for them. 😂😂😂

Ted Hastings
10 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He also chose what he has at his disposal.

I think Washington is a good signing. I would have signed a replacement for Uche and I wouldn't have signed Walker; so I'd have something different at my disposal I guess.

I'm not knocking him btw, it's far too early in the season and the trio may well come good but you can't say people can't criticise Levein when the forwards don't score given he signed them and played them.

I wasn’t on board with the ‘he’s made his sevco bed he can lie in it’ school of thought with Jamie but I must say I was surprised with his work rate and desire tonight. Obviously not quite match sharp but by no means the worst player on the park. 

Of course, and i agree with you re Washington, definitely showed enough there to make me think he could be a big player for us this season. 

It’s been so easy to get negative of late and I don’t want the atmosphere from last season creeping back in after what was admittedly a poor result but (IMO) an encouraging performance. 

20 minutes ago, p-a-u-l-1-9-9-2 said:

Obviously being down to 10 men will exaggerate it but we lost all composure in the middle when Irving went off. Bozanic not the answer

He was for his penalty though.

hmfc_liam06

Smith was absolutely outstanding tonight.

Hickey, Walker, Irving and Mulraney big positives.

Uche and Washington need to work better together but it'll come. Liked the Washington and Walker combo.

Slight negatives. I do worry about Berra. Clare took a bit of time to get going.

All in all, a positive performance all things considered.

Brighton Jambo

A good performance given its first game of season.  Played some nice stuff at times.

hickey and Mulraney were excellent on the left, Smith and Walker very good on the right.  Clare was neat and tidy and will be better for having Haring alongside him.  Washington and Uche with naismith to come in is exciting.

phase Halkett in and Berra out and we have the makings of a good team.  

And the extra point should mean we top the group.  All in all a good nights work

1 minute ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf, he wouldn’t have scored for them. 😂😂😂

Knowing our luck, he'd have scored an og...

Felix Lighter
3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I do hope Levein doesn't hold back on his assessment of Clancy's abysmal performance. 

Clancy is another in a long line of cheating *****.

Cruyff Turn
4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Totally right. A sensible post, when we clicked it was quite nice and Clare could grow into the midfield role well based on his game today. He looked a lot more comfortable there

I've seen Washington getting slated too. He held it up well and was rarely shoved off the ball. I think he will be a useful signing

So all in all fine 

It’s was a typical early season game. 

We attacked, we pressed high. They touched the ball in our box maybe 3 times in 90 minutes. We were all over them.

Washington just needs games and to get used to that tempo. He’s not played for a while. 

Walker and Uche aren’t 100% but gained some fitness from that. Walker played well apart from a few poor attempts at goal.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about with tonight’s performance. Had we scored another 2 goals or not conceded, that would have been an excellent performance.

Mr Elwood P
3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Hickey deserved MoM.

Hickey was outstanding. I was ridiculed, by a few of the less intelligent members of Jambo Kickback, when I suggested he could be our best left back! Let’s just see lads.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

I wasn’t on board with the ‘he’s made his sevco bed he can lie in it’ school of thought with Jamie but I must say I was surprised with his work rate and desire tonight. Obviously not quite match sharp but by no means the worst player on the park. 

Of course, and i agree with you re Washington, definitely showed enough there to make me think he could be a big player for us this season. 

It’s been so easy to get negative of late and I don’t want the atmosphere from last season creeping back in after what was admittedly a poor result but (IMO) an encouraging performance. 

‘By no means one of the worst players on the park’????

Walker was easily one of the best players on the park

Guest ToqueJambo

Enjoyed that. We hammered them 1-1. IF we can get our strikers firing and the likes of Haring and Naismith back, we'll be in good shape this season.

I like Clare at No. 8 instead of further up but he needs to keep his concentration. Mulraney, Irving, Smith and Hickey were fantastic. Washington started well and looked good linking up with Uche and Walker, if rusty in front of goal. Uche did what he does but also needs to get sharper in front of goal. Walker was excellent if also rusty looking in front of goal - he did exactly what we missed last season as an attacking midfielder by running at the defence.

Captain Scarlett
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

If you are going to troll at least try and get the score of the game right, a game you clearly didn’t watch

Did watch sunshine with the son - in - law over from Italy who brought the grandson over from Milan to watch his first Hearts match.we went to ASDA Chesser first then we were in Stratfords. In fact I think I had maybe two pints of Stella.Oh and we had a chippy before jumping on the No 3 to Gilmerton 

In my opinion i thought we played well. Looked a nice balanced team. Of course we need a goalscorer but they do tend to be the holy grail. 

Ted Hastings
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

‘By no means one of the worst players on the park’????

Walker was easily one of the best players on the park

Easy tiger, I was defending us signing walker in that post. I rated him highly tonight. 

Edited by Ted Hastings

A Shoreditch Heart
2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Uche and Washington need to work better together but it'll come. Liked the Washington and Walker combo.

Slight negatives. I do worry about Berra. Clare took a bit of time to get going.

yeah, I totally agree - not brilliant, but lots to look forward too

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

We attacked, we pressed high. They touched the ball in our box maybe 3 times in 90 minutes. We were all over them.

Washington just needs games and to get used to that tempo. He’s not played for a while. 

Walker and Uche aren’t 100% but gained some fitness from that. Walker played well apart from a few poor attempts at goal.

There is absolutely nothing to worry about with tonight’s performance. Had we scored another 2 goals or not conceded, that would have been an excellent performance.

Which we should have, and the goal was quite a soft one to concede. Would rather find these things out this early in the season so we can work on them.

rudi must stay

Neilson delighted

Can't see him lasting the season. 

Edited by rudi must stay

Quite happy with parts of our play. Walker, Washington and Mulraney will link up really well this season I think. And when Naismith is available again I think we'll be a dangerous outfit....BUT.....

We desperately need a centre mid.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

It was grim. Obviously the weather didn’t help but What lunatic said that Clare would dominate central midfield? 

tolcross lad

I was encouraged tonight  because we pressed and  attacked throughout the game.First competitive game difficult conditions so a win albeit penalties is fine by me.Delivery and decision making in and around the box could have been better and still dont see a natural striker.Hickey looks the best talent we have produced in years. 

16 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Thought we played alright, couldve been 6 on another day. On to the next one!

All I need to hear to be honest. Don’t mind not winning at all if we’ve battered them

9 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Clare was sharp though nipped the ball off players a few times. Lot of positives no let downs and Walker and Washington looked like good signings. Naismith was in the dugout with Levein before Kick Off aswell. Berra still doesn’t look right though but wasn’t poor

Just now, Doc Rob said:

Once again I thought Clare played well, and other people seem determined to run him down.

Agreed

Auld Reekin'
22 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Jeez we drew 0-0 with championship Dundee Utd at home. Yeah looks good for the fantastic season ahead.I’m afraid it’s not looking too clever already.

:sniff:

Just now, Barack said:

Screenshot_20190712-221002_BBC Sport.jpg

As I said above, that’ll do me. All you can ask for is a performance good enough to win the game 9/10. Looks like this was the 1/10.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Doc Rob said:

Once again I thought Clare played well, and other people seem determined to run him down.

Same. Played that deeper role quite well apart from some misplaced passes. Could have done better with one chance too.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Let them run him down, he was really good tonight think the central position suits him much better...

Watched the last 45. Thought we were alright and the Arabs should have been down to 9 men. Hickey impressed me, again. 

Decent performance in what was a pre-season friendly on all but paper, against the most difficult team in the group. Onwards and upwards I say. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Good performances from Hickey, Walker, Mulraney and Smith. Hoofball is still alive and well. Naismith still too important to us and we'll continue to struggle without him.

Alex Kintner

Some people doing a fantastic hob of outing themselves on this thread.

Obviously should have got the job done in 90 minutes but hard not to be anything but pleased with that game tonight. A new formation, style and attacking tactics on show and we’ll only get better as we get match fit. As Souttar said at the end, it’s still really pre-season.

Good performance, poor finishing. Bring in a centre mid and we’re looking ok.

Only negative for me was Uche but I’m sure he’ll come good when he gets a few games.