***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

I am convinced about Clare , he hides, nowhere near the the levels of effort  and  WORTATE needed in a midfielder .

Kept coming wide all the time, seems to be easy to dispossess , no upper body strength.

In the end, didn’t give us the punch through the middle as the game wore on. Got played centrally as he likes and while he deserves time to adapt again, I felt his focus went as we resorted to going wide constantly. 

Its not solely his fault but we didn’t see enough craft from the middle of the park in the second half and I think that’s where everyone is coming from when they talk about getting in better midfielders.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Alex Kintner
25 minutes ago, Prof said:

Very articulate response.

About 1,874,000 times more articulate than your retardical wibblings 👍🏻

Raymond Reddington

The penalties were fantastic and his hands were tied when we went down to 10 men, however did anyone not think Levein missed a trick not bringing on Halket as it was likley game was going to pens? As he took them for Livy last season. If we had lost the shoot out wonder of it would have been mentioned on here?

Edited by Raymond Reddington

Alex Kintner
2 minutes ago, Barack said:

I could correct your grammar, yes. Like the above. It's the only thing worth noting, in all the supposed points you try to make.

You get back to your crossword. Let those who have a clue and an unbiased agenda have a wee shot on here instead. 👍🏻

50B7D570-1332-4A4C-94C9-F871E48E6FE5.jpeg.89959caefbd70c739955ac4cd87a2ab2.jpeg

Should keep him occupied for a few hours👍🏻

2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s really weird that some guys that have never played a pro game with each other before didn’t know what runs or nuances their team mates have.

Bizarre.

Modern footballers should be doing video research of their own players from the first day of pre- season IMO or even in advance of joining the club

Tom Hardy’s dug 😂... that’s brilliant 

assuming that is the actor and his “dug” that he kept bringing on to chat shows that your name depicts 

Or it might just be that you are Tom Hardy and you have a dug in which case just ignore what I have said 

Tenaciousdandy

Thought we played well last night, dominated the match and once we get the fitness and sharpness up play like that and we'll win more than we'll lose walker looked decent and will hopefully get more clinical in front of goal with a few games under his belt, mularney looked a threat going forward and put in some decent balls, Washington looked like a player who after a few games to get up to speed will be a nightmare for defenders, uch really need a few more weeks to work on his fitness and need to get his head up before trying to pass the ball but still a nightmare to defend against, Irving looked great going forward and has a great strike on him Claire made some decent passes and I'm sure he'll settle in nicely to cm role and once naismith is in I really think we'll be a force going forward. Its a bit more complicated at the back I think that Smith and hickey are the way forward on the left and right side, altho I think berra is one of the more solid defenders in the league when it comes winning the ball but he gives me the fear when having to play a pass before opposition closes him down and not hoof it, not sure if he should be replaced by halkett just yet to, hopefully we can try him along side souter in the next cup game and see what is best suited to the way we want to play 

Edited by Dandyman79

41 minutes ago, Barack said:

You get back to your crossword. Let those who have a clue and an unbiased agenda have a wee shot on here instead. 

Unbiased?? You mean slavering adulation of CL. Hearts were grim last night and spin it any way you can but a 1-1 draw at home to a championship team is an effing embarrassment. 

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Barack said:

You need a hand with 12 down?

12 down: one who moistens one’s underwear without undue cause. (10 letters, hyphenated)

Portable Badger
36 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Thought we played well last night, dominated the match and once we get the fitness and sharpness up play like that and we'll win more than we'll lose walker looked decent and will hopefully get more clinical in front of goal with a few games under his belt, mularney looked a threat going forward and put in some decent balls, Washington looked like a player who after a few games to get up to speed will be a nightmare for defenders, uch really need a few more weeks to work on his fitness and need to get his head up before trying to pass the ball but still a nightmare to defend against, Irving looked great going forward and has a great strike on him Claire made some decent passes and I'm sure he'll settle in nicely to cm role and once naismith is in I really think we'll be a force going forward. Its a bit more complicated at the back I think that Smith and hickey are the way forward on the left and right side, altho I think berra is one of the more solid defenders in the league when it comes winning the ball but he gives me the fear when having to play a pass before opposition closes him down and not hoof it, not sure if he should be replaced by halkett just yet to, hopefully we can try him along side souter in the next cup game and see what is best suited to the way we want to play 

Reminds me of that old Pepsi advert - have you ever thought of using fullstops or am I too old school?

Portable Badger
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

12 down: one who moistens one’s underwear without undue cause. (10 letters, hyphenated)

Granny?

17 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Feel free to come into the fan’s bar after any game next season and spout that level of nonsensical bile. Guaranteed you’ll leave with a few less teeth than you entered with.

:cornette:

Portable Badger
23 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Not enough letters. Thanks for playing though 👍🏻

Known to her pals as Aunt-Bessie ?

19 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

:cornette:

I think you’ll find that was a comment based on his constant bile not going down well with anyone in the bar. Not Frank specifically. Its a fair point though. The crap thats been spouted if said in the pub would get ya a dig or three. Its happened for nearly 150 years and will continue to do so. Thats why people avoid it and talk shite on here and hurl abuse cause they can’t in public for the reasons above.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

That comment shows exactly what kind of thuggish idiot you are. 

Not really , its a fair comment some of the stuff you come out with if you had the balls to say it in the bar or a pub you’d get a dig from loads of the lads. My guess is you wouldn’t say it in them though and instead prefer to spout it on here where there is no recourse for it.

Looks like JKB has descended into a farce. Under RN we won the championship with record goals and points total yet many Hearts so called supporters wanted RN out. Now we are expected to think we are doing well with a 1-1 draw at home against a team that couldn’t get promoted from the championship. 

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

Looks like JKB has descended into a farce. Under RN we won the championship with record goals and points total yet many Hearts so called supporters wanted RN out. Now we are expected to think we are doing well with a 1-1 draw at home against a team that couldn’t get promoted from the championship. 

As I said elsewhere earlier these are essentially competitive preseason games. No one is up to speed. There was a lot of positives last night and only someone wanting to be negative can possibly say otherwise. The movement , the control , the passing , directness etc was all something badly missing last season. Surely you can see that. 

To say it was perfect would be silly but its definitely a step up from even last League Cup campaign.

Hibs and Hamilton both struggled against far worse teams we played the team who will walk the Championship off the park. There is so little between top 3/4 Championship and bottom 4/5 Premiership teams. You are really stretching things to try and be difficult about Dundee Utd and their position in football just now.   

4 minutes ago, Prof said:

Really. Where do sit at Tynecastle? In the loo? Either that or you are to thick to hear the abuse levelled at the team last season.

When I get to Tynie im either in N or R , the loo though really - grow up ffs. As for thick , my football knowledge as many can attest to would without doubt be far and above yours only I don’t have to sit and bleat about it constantly. As I just pointed out to you there was way more to be positive about last night than we have had for a while and you are just being obstinate in your view online. You can have the last ten mins after Irving went off as a negative and Zlamal and Berra at their goal. Nothing else was negative about the performance bar not taking our many many good chances

10 minutes ago, Barack said:

Why would he sit in the toilet? Are you implying some sort of impropriety?

Maybe the poster assumes I suffer from the same diarrhoea type symptoms as himself only mine only occur whilst in Tynecastle and not verbally online.

If not i’m guessing it might be an implication I’m a fan of George Michael 🤔

Edited by sadj

Alex Kintner
23 minutes ago, Prof said:

“Many supporters wanted RN out” 

Nope, just the ‘special’ supporters that wanted him out 👍🏻

This place is ****ing depressing.

Bring on relegation so we can have a full clear out and bring back the halcyon days of the Championship. 

Edited by Artful Dodger

Benny Factor
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Feel free to come into the fan’s bar after any game next season and spout that level of nonsensical bile. Guaranteed you’ll leave with a few less teeth than you entered with.

I don't think Hibs fans are allowed in the fans' bar?????

27 minutes ago, EarnockJambo said:

I don't think Hibs fans are allowed in the fans' bar?????

Well played sir , well played 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, sadj said:

As I said elsewhere earlier these are essentially competitive preseason games. No one is up to speed. There was a lot of positives last night and only someone wanting to be negative can possibly say otherwise. The movement , the control , the passing , directness etc was all something badly missing last season. Surely you can see that. 

To say it was perfect would be silly but its definitely a step up from even last League Cup campaign.

Hibs and Hamilton both struggled against far worse teams we played the team who will walk the Championship off the park. There is so little between top 3/4 Championship and bottom 4/5 Premiership teams. You are really stretching things to try and be difficult about Dundee Utd and their position in football just now.   

Interested in why it was a step up from the last league cup campaign during which we tore a Championship side to shreds at home, and a side that was probably about the same level as Utd last night. 

Now, we may well go on and win comfortably in Cowdenbeath and Methill, which would be a step up from last season’s LC away group performances, but I certainly didn’t see anything last night to suggest we are any better than last year. Still can’t defend properly, and still struggle in front of goal. 

7 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

Interested in why it was a step up from the last league cup campaign during which we tore a Championship side to shreds at home, and a side that was probably about the same level as Utd last night. 

Now, we may well go on and win comfortably in Cowdenbeath and Methill, which would be a step up from last season’s LC away group performances, but I certainly didn’t see anything last night to suggest we are any better than last year. Still can’t defend properly, and still struggle in front of goal. 

No we didn’t defend properly and the last ten mins were awful after Irving was sent off. Just lumped it with no composure. However I think the movement from the front players , linking up , running with the ball , balls into the box etc were all a step up from anything I saw in the League Cup last year and ICT are a bit below where United are. However the away performances will be interesting. I was positive after the Cove game but we needed to take chances. I just think that how we played last night was more positive , direct , through midfield , movement opened up gaps , players showed for the ball and Walker , Washington , Clare and Mulraney were all over the place and there was a plan and we did it well. (Short of burying one of the easy 20 efforts we had) We could already prob should already of been 2up before they scored. i don’t think iv been able to say that more than twice in 12months

I thought we played far better last night than during the ICT game aswell , we had a good five ten mins in that game and did the damage. Last night if we had won 4-5-1 Utd couldn’t of complained

Edited by sadj

21 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Good vid but wtf with the weird poster behind you? You sacrificing chickens to a voodoo god or what? 

That's what I do if we win...

On 13/07/2019 at 16:28, Ugly American said:

Enjoyed the video. The poster behind your head is a bit distracting tho... ;)

Seems to be a constant thread of reply 😂

Coburg Hearts
On 13/07/2019 at 13:10, Danguar said:

For those interested; here is my thoughts on the game:

Enjoyable watch.

21 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

50B7D570-1332-4A4C-94C9-F871E48E6FE5.jpeg.89959caefbd70c739955ac4cd87a2ab2.jpeg

Should keep him occupied for a few hours👍🏻

Maybe I'm thick, but what the **** is 4 across? Cooker and oven don't fit. 

*Edit* I'm thick. It's a ****ing stove. 

:facepalm:

Edited by Normthebarman

colinmaroon
45 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Stove

2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

2 down took me longer than it should have

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, Normthebarman said:

Staying true to my muirhouse roots my first thought was obviously Agaaa, albeit i don't remember needing so many a's. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 13/07/2019 at 19:17, Debut 4 said:

In the end, didn’t give us the punch through the middle as the game wore on. Got played centrally as he likes and while he deserves time to adapt again, I felt his focus went as we resorted to going wide constantly. 

Its not solely his fault but we didn’t see enough craft from the middle of the park in the second half and I think that’s where everyone is coming from when they talk about getting in better midfielders.  

My point is you can’t blame anyone for not knowing exactly how Washington plays or the runs he makes in your first competitive game with him.

Well unless you’re a Hearts fan.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Really sad and sorry to say that at their goal Berra just looks like a big lump. It’s like playing with Kirk Broadfoot as your main defender at present.

Sorry folks - he’s had a great career and is a PHM but he’s done.

Benny Factor
On 13/07/2019 at 08:23, Prof said:

So we are now reduced to bragging that we drew 1-1 against a championship team at home.

A 1-1 draw at home to a championship team is probably better than a draw away to a team a further 2 divisions below like your mob.