***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

On 12/07/2019 at 09:20, Jambosteve1902 said:

Aye like we did against Rangers at tynie under Neilson where we beat them 4-0.  your a slavour 95% of the time. 

I'll take that 

I can work with 5% 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Leveins Battalion

Thoroughly enjoyed last night,in particular the link up between Hickey and Mulraney,Uche looks rusty but expected,Smith outstanding,Walker wi get better.Loads to look forward to 👍

Maroon Sailor
22 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Thoroughly enjoyed last night,in particular the link up between Hickey and Mulraney,Uche looks rusty but expected,Smith outstanding,Walker wi get better.Loads to look forward to 👍

I think if he was fully fit Uche would look rusty

William H. Bonney
25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Really? 

11 hours ago, Prof said:

Fairly obvious it was tonight’s. Some supporters have blinkers when it comes to games. Reality is we were grim, with many of the team incapable of passing a ball to a teammate. 1-1 against a Championship team is nothing to brag about.

:cornette:

Either not at the game or trolling. 

Pretty sad. 

grumpyespana

My take on last night firstly the weather was terrible but was pleased with most aspects of the team. I thought our keepers kick outs at times were poor and his positioning for there goal was terrible also Uche was off the pace as was Washington, now to the positives Hickey, Irvine, Smith, Mulraney and Walker were very good as for a wee moan at Levein why did he take Jake off he was causing them problems so overall as it was our first game not to bad also with Naisey waiting in the wings things are looking good.

Quite enjoyed the game both strikers a bit off the pace otherwise we would have hammered them. Hickey, Smith and Walker top performers closely followed by Irving. Disappointed not to see Halkett as both Berra and Souttar were ordinary last night.

grumpyespana
1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

tbh utd must be the worst penalty takers in scotland.

Why they only missed one of there penalties lol.

1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Haring, Halkett, Naismith and (apparently/allegedly) two more new signings to come. We have a bit of a team on our hands here.

Naismith in for Uche (he doesn't know what he's doing half the time)Halkett in for Berra and Harring in the midfield probably at Irvine's expense, although I thought he was terrific last night and thats a potent starting 11. 

Some promising signs last night.

Edited by clark963

21 minutes ago, clark963 said:

Naismith in for Uche (he doesn't know what he's doing half the time)Halkett in for Berra and Harring in the midfield probably at Irvine's expense, although I thought he was terrific last night and thats a potent starting 11. 

Berra looking like the most blunder-prone defender at the moment, even towards the tail end of last season. Halkett and Souttar is obviously the long term plan (if we hold onto them) so make it happen now in a back 3. That way Berra can just command and win the aerial stuff. Leave the football to the other 2.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Berra looking like the most blunder-prone defender at the moment, even towards the tail end of last season. Halkett and Souttar is obviously the long term plan (if we hold onto them) so make it happen now in a back 3. That way Berra can just command and win the aerial stuff. Leave the football to the other 2.

Berra is basically over the hill now and it’s unfortunate that we’ve done nothing as a club since he rejoined. Don’t even know if I’d see it as a good signing tbh

grumpyespana
3 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Its sad but I have to agree that Berra has been poor since his injury but he is still good in the air.

Alex Kintner
12 hours ago, Prof said:

Fairly obvious it was tonight’s. Some supporters have blinkers when it comes to games. Reality is we were grim, with many of the team incapable of passing a ball to a teammate. 1-1 against a Championship team is nothing to brag about.

2 hours ago, Prof said:

So we are now reduced to bragging that we drew 1-1 against a championship team at home.

4B0F7597-4E37-4574-9FF2-19AED84345E2.gif

31 minutes ago, clark963 said:

I think Uche isn’t fully fit yet. He does look a bit unconventional, but it works a lot of the time. He survives tackles in the box and comes away with the ball, even when it looks like the defender must have nicked it. For me that’s invaluable, if he can work on his distribution, then he’ll help the ball stick in the opponents half more and we can keep attacking. He’s not the finished article and he definitely in unconventional in his style, but I like him.

11 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I’ve been a big critic of his since almost day one and again I thought he was very passive and lacks this drive that we were told he had. Too often he’s jogging around on the periphery of a game when you just want him to show us this Dele Alli/Colin Cameron type player we were told he was. Maybe if they hadn’t said anything he’d be getting a lot more slack but there it is I suppose. Nobody wants him to fail I’d love nothing more than him to ram all my criticism down my throat but it’s early days this season so hopefully it’ll improve. 

As far as rest of the team go I thought we played pretty well in spells and but for some poor decisions and the ball just not dropping for us we’d have won that fairly comfortably I reckon. Thought Jamie looked hungry but tired a bit  and I for one was really delighted to see him back in maroon. Hickey, what a player we have there, could be best young lad to come through in a long time hard to believe his age. Andy Irving also looks composed on the ball I like him a lot. Washington reminded me of Stevo quite a bit tonight. He didn’t have a great game but wasn’t terrible I can see him becoming a favourite once he gets off the mark. 

Mulraney looks like he might become a very important player for us, his crossing was proper lovely at times and he has pace to burn.  I also can’t wait to see a fit Naismith in that front line. I think we might be ok this season tbh. 

My tuppence worth anyway. 

Good post and agree with most of it. I also really like Mulraney and think he could be really good for us.

However, the bit in bold. You description could absolutely be about Dele Alli. Passive. Check. Jogging. Check. Periphery. Check. If people thought his game would be similar in style to Alli then I'd say they were bang on with it.

32 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Berra is basically over the hill now and it’s unfortunate that we’ve done nothing as a club since he rejoined. Don’t even know if I’d see it as a good signing tbh

I think it’s too soon to say that so definitively. He is struggling a bit still though. Thankfully we have options in that area, if he doesn’t shake it off.

36 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I do think he will make way against top 6 sides, he just looks to be at that stage where the body is lagging behind the brain. 

29 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

I think Uche isn’t fully fit yet. He does look a bit unconventional, but it works a lot of the time. He survives tackles in the box and comes away with the ball, even when it looks like the defender must have nicked it. For me that’s invaluable, if he can work on his distribution, then he’ll help the ball stick in the opponents half more and we can keep attacking. He’s not the finished article and he definitely in unconventional in his style, but I like him.

Uche tries his best and is obviously a handful but for me he's doesn't know what he's doing with the ball at his feet. He lays it off when he should take the defenders on and takes on his man when he should pass it. His decision making is poor and he's not a goal scorer. Basically a battering ram. I'll be glad if he makes me eat my words but I can't see it happening. 

46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Should smashed Liam Smith into the stand when United had that glaring chance in the second half last night but he let him take him on down the line. He just punts the ball forward aimlessly when he has time to pick a pass. I love Berra but he's 3rd choice as far as I'm concerned, not been the same since the injury last season 

34 minutes ago, clark963 said:

Uche tries his best and is obviously a handful but for me he's doesn't know what he's doing with the ball at his feet. He lays it off when he should take the defenders on and takes on his man when he should pass it. His decision making is poor and he's not a goal scorer. Basically a battering ram. I'll be glad if he makes me eat my words but I can't see it happening. 

I get what you are saying. I just think his individual style can be an asset to us. 👍

John Findlay

I'm watching the game back and we are getting the HT analysis. I really don't pay attention to what the so called pundit experts say but, when Michael Stewart claims Hearts didn't have any clear cut chances in the first half. I just laugh to myself and think. Watched the games with his eyes wide shut.

Harry Potter
2 hours ago, grumpyespana said:

Why they only missed one of there penalties lol.

You must of missed their penalties against St Mirren in the play off, comedy gold.

Watching the game again on BT Sport. The rugby tackle that brought down Mulraney should surely have warranted a red card. 

15 hours ago, Prof said:

It was grim. 

God knows what game you were watching.  I thought it was a really enjoyable game, and the new guys contributed something worth watching.  Some lovely little bursts of passing play, and at speed too, which is something we didn't see last year.

maroonsgotop
8 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Watching the game again on BT Sport. The rugby tackle that brought down Mulraney should surely have warranted a red card. 

thought as much at the game. Clancy was shocking. Also should should red carded their number 5 for that foul in the second half as he was already on a yellow. Of course immediately afterwards we get a red which would never have happened if he'd done his job in the first place. 

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

I'm watching the game back and we are getting the HT analysis. I really don't pay attention to what the so called pundit experts say but, when Michael Stewart claims Hearts didn't have any clear cut chances in the first half. I just laugh to myself and think. Watched the games with his eyes wide shut.

he must have been sleeping when Washington missed 2 and Walker missed one. Clown of a pundit. Just hates CL

16 hours ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Tbf, he wouldn’t have scored for them. 😂😂😂

Fair point 😂

Another definite UTD red when Mulraney is taken out again by Bouhenna. It also should have been his second yellow.

5 hours ago, jambogemz said:

:cornette:

Either not at the game or trolling. 

Pretty sad. 

Wrong on both counts. I can’t see anything to celebrate about drawing with a Championship team at home. Utd had one game plan- score on the break and defend in depth. As a result we had lots of the ball but were incapable of making decent chances. Yes there lots of huffing and puffing and lots of long balls which we used to call hoof ball but not many direct shots on goal that the keeper had to save. If the Utd player hadn’t lobbed it over the bar instead of hitting the goal we could have lost and that’s not counting the feeble attempt by their goalie at the Irvine goal. If we want to challenge in the league we will have to play a lot better than that. The big positives were the youngsters, Mulraney, Smith, Walker and Washington but as for Uche he’s still a carthorse and Claire is never a box to box central midfield player.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Prof said:

Wrong on both counts. I can’t see anything to celebrate about drawing with a Championship team at home. Utd had one game plan- score on the break and defend in depth. As a result we had lots of the ball but were incapable of making decent chances. Yes there lots of huffing and puffing and lots of long balls which we used to call hoof ball but not many direct shots on goal that the keeper had to save. If the Utd player hadn’t lobbed it over the bar instead of hitting the goal we could have lost and that’s not counting the feeble attempt by their goalie at the Irvine goal. If we want to challenge in the league we will have to play a lot better than that. The big positives were the youngsters, Mulraney, Smith, Walker and Washington but as for Uche he’s still a carthorse and Claire is never a box to box central midfield player.

blackadder_wibble__by_bryan2012_d7bpdho-

As much as I like Uche, thought he looked pretty laboured last night. Seems to slow everything down when he gets the ball. 

When he did get in a decent position, he couldnt seem to find a Hearts shirt with a pass. Got a feeling he might become quite a frustrating figure this season. 

3 hours ago, Danguar said:

For those interested; here is my thoughts on the game:

“We were fantastic” - c’mon mate. Even the biggest happy clappers don’t believe that was a fantastic performance. 

Bazzas right boot
29 minutes ago, Prof said:

Who's celebrating? 

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, Danguar said:

Enjoyed the video. The poster behind your head is a bit distracting tho... ;)

On holiday so couldn't make or see the game last night. Can anyone point me towards highlights or just the goals please, having an issue finding them. Cheers. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

It’s really weird that some guys that have never played a pro game with each other before didn’t know what runs or nuances their team mates have.

Bizarre.

Modern footballers should be doing video research of their own players from the first day of pre- season IMO or even in advance of joining the club

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Who played the wee through ball to Walker? I'm thinking Uche but only seen it last night.

It was uche 

maroonlegions
5 hours ago, jambopilms said:

Thought Irvine was good last night played better than Clare who I'm still not convinced about. 

I am convinced about Clare , he hides, nowhere near the the levels of effort  and  WORTATE needed in a midfielder .

Kept coming wide all the time, seems to be easy to dispossess , no upper body strength.

Unknown user
17 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I am convinced about Clare , he hides, nowhere near the the levels of effort  and  WORTATE needed in a midfielder .

Kept coming wide all the time, seems to be easy to dispossess , no upper body strength.

How much wortate is needed exactly?

TyphoonJambo
5 hours ago, Danguar said:

Good vid but wtf with the weird poster behind you? You sacrificing chickens to a voodoo god or what? 

2 hours ago, Barack said:

Can't even be bothered to get our players names correct.

Standard from you yet again, sadly.

Is that the best you can do. Correcting on my spelling. !! 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

It’s really weird that some guys that have never played a pro game with each other before didn’t know what runs or nuances their team mates have.

Bizarre.

Modern footballers should be doing video research of their own players from the first day of pre- season IMO or even in advance of joining the club

Self-coaching? It’s so crazy it could just work! 

In all seriousness I’m sure

players do google their new teammates, but its down to the coaches to figure out how they fit into the team.