***Official Hearts v United Match Thread***

gov

4 minutes ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Is Olly Lee injured? He certainly isn't featuring because I've just seen him in the departure lounge at Edinburgh. 

He is also in the departure lounge at Tynie.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Presume you mean Keena ?

Any idea whats up with the big fella ?

Yeah Keena 👍🏻

I suspect we’ll see Mr Ikpeazu tonight...😉

4forDevries
Just now, Ecce Romanov said:

Would I be able to get tickets for this game tonight?

Pay at Gorgie Stand.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

The posters who bashed Robbie and our away form now suddenly have him and his championship team coming to Tynecastle and schooling us. 

Fingers crossed.  :jjyay:

Governor Tarkin
51 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You are too late for that poll! 😄

You will still be in good company if you change your username to something like ‘The Lobe Ranger’, though. 🤔

You going to this fans bar thingy tonight?

I might be allowed out drinking with the sadly deceased former poster known as Geoff the Mince.

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Yeah Keena 👍🏻

I suspect we’ll see Mr Ikpeazu tonight...😉

Cheers :jjyay:

Hearts to inflict a Rampant 4-0  rogering to Neilsons terrible terrors, based on the start of season confidence sponsored by Stella Artois.

:scenes::leveinnaturalorder::olly:

SpruceBringsteen

It might be a game between Scottish football's two biggest entertainment vacuums, but so help me I'm looking forward to this. ONE NIL HEARTS. There, I said it. :cool:

25 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

You going to this fans bar thingy tonight?

I might be allowed out drinking with the sadly deceased former poster known as Geoff the Mince.

You must be kidding. I wish, I would have been up for that to be honest. Unfortunately my plans have changed a lot over the last 48 hours:

Originally:

Head out to watch the game either at Tynie or locally with my pal who was coming over from Wishaw. Long awaited and increasingly rare chance of a soak.

Missus going to work’s night out. Long awaited chance to let her hair down a bit and enjoy herself again for the first time in months.

Mother-in-law looking after Thing1 and Thing2.

Nice. 😊

Thing1 decides she doesn’t want to do sleeping anymore, so gets up in the middle of the night, because “IT’S LIGHT OUTSIDE!”

Thing2 decides bottles are not for him. Sorry, just not really in to that guys, come back with something else and we will discuss it again later.

So... change of plan. Mother-in-law to come over and help with Thing2. I’ll put Thing1 to bed, and then head out to watch game locally with mates.

Mate cancels.

Missus decides she won’t enjoy it if she goes out now.

Mother-in-law cancelled.

☹️

New plan. We stay in on a Friday night like we always do with shredded nerves and headaches as we count down the seconds until the Things go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. I’ll maybe catch a bit of the game on BT Sport app through Now TV. 😐

Edited by Icon of Symmetry

Bazzas right boot
35 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Fingers crossed.  :jjyay:

We get beat? 

Maybe just rock up in the Utd end along with some other posters, my guess is that most if not all will have some "orange" attire that would allow you to blend in. 

😳

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You must be kidding. I wish, I would have been up for that to be honest. Unfortunately my plans have changed a lot over the last 48 hours:

Originally:

Head out to watch the game either at Tynie or locally with my pal who was coming over from Wishaw. Long awaited and increasingly rare chance of a soak.

Missus going to work’s night out. Long awaited chance to let her hair down a bit and enjoy herself again for the first time in months.

Nice. 😊

Thing1 decides she doesn’t want to do sleeping anymore, so gets up in the middle of the night, because “IT’S LIGHT OUTSIDE!”

Thing2 decides bottles are not for him. Sorry, just not really in to that guys, come back with something else and we will discuss it again later.

So... change of plan. Mother-in-law to come over and help with Thing2. I’ll put Thing1 to bed, and then head out to watch game locally with mates.

Mate cancels.

Mother-in-law cancelled.

☹️

New plan. We stay in on a Friday night like we always do with shredded nerves and headaches as we count down the seconds until the Things go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire. I’ll maybe catch a bit of the game on BT Sport app through Now TV. 😐

Not as bad as another poster, who can't watch the game in peace due to the cat that prowls his home. 🙀😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

He is also in the departure lounge at Tynie.

🤣

The Internet

Selected my season ticket seat for this game and its now a different number so I'm interested to see what happens there. Adds to the intrigue, lots of questions to be answered tonight. 

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Originally:

Nice. 😊

Mate cancels.

Mother-in-law cancelled.

☹️

😂👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Is tonight’s match going to be competitive or are we treating it as pre season?

We treat games as competitive?

4forDevries
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Washington, Keena , Zonatta and Halkett are sure to be trying to impress. Home cup game, fans will not allow no effort.

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Probably play a 235 with Bobby upfront. 

So, serious. 

11 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Selected my season ticket seat for this game and its now a different number so I'm interested to see what happens there. Adds to the intrigue, lots of questions to be answered tonight. 

Thought the same with my seats. contacted the ticket off and was told the game tonight is the first game where the new seat numbers are coming in to force. I had picked a new season ticket up a week before but had to go back in and get a new season ticket with correct number on it

Governor Tarkin
18 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

We get beat? 

Maybe just rock up in the Utd end along with some other posters, my guess is that most if not all will have some "orange" attire that would allow you to blend in. 

😳

Yes, we get beaten. It's for the greater good.

Last time I was in the United end was at Easter Road on a Friday night. They were shite. Good atmosphere though, and we did enjoy our tour of the gay bars at the top of Leith.

Alex Kintner
12 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

A bit of both. We’ll be going out to win but at the same time won’t take any risks with anybody’s fitness or injuries which might impact upon Aberdeen game.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Yes, we get beaten. It's for the greater good.

Last time I was in the United end was at Easter Road on a Friday night. They were shite. Good atmosphere though, and we did enjoy our tour of the gay bars at the top of Leith.

Greater good.... 😂

They bars are for gays?. .. 😳

Edited by Olly Lee's left boot

Diadora Van Basten
11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We treat games as competitive?

That’s what I mean I remember being at the Dunfermline cup game were the players decided just to miss all their penalties.

29 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Originally:

Nice. 😊

Mate cancels.

Mother-in-law cancelled.

☹️

Thanks for making me laugh.

I share some of your pain and get strange satisfaction from knowing others live in misery as well.....!!!!

2 minutes ago, Rattatooi said:

Thanks for making me laugh.

I share some of your pain and get strange satisfaction from knowing others live in misery as well.....!!!!

I hear you brother.

The Internet
10 minutes ago, gov said:

Thought the same with my seats. contacted the ticket off and was told the game tonight is the first game where the new seat numbers are coming in to force. I had picked a new season ticket up a week before but had to go back in and get a new season ticket with correct number on it

Ah right didn't know they were actually changing the numbers thought it was just a mistake on the website. Will get in touch with the ticket office next week, cheers :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Happy to please 😊👍🏻

As far as I’m concerned we’re only half way through pre-season and our preparations for the league. The only difference being that instead of friendlies for the next three weeks we have league cup games due to this format change a couple of years ago.

Clubs haven’t started coming back earlier for preseason because of it. Everyone just treats it as a way of getting ready for the league but with more importance on the result than a regular friendly.

I expect us to win and think we will win but very aware that players will be rusty and lacking match fitness as we’re only halfway through pre-season. If the match was played in three weeks’ time we would comfortably hump them with our key players fit and firing.

Will DU players not be rusty and lacking match fitness??? 🤔

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Definitely rusty, have you seen the colour of their tops?

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Without doubt

Phil Dunphy

Under no illusions that this will be an easy game. Extremely important that we get off to a flying start in the League cup ready for a tough start to the league season. 

Would take 1-0 now. 

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Without doubt

Good so if both teams are “rusty and lacking match fitness” we should “comfortably hump them” and no excuses eh Frank. 😉

Alex Kintner
Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Good so if both teams are “rusty and lacking match fitness” we should “comfortably hump them” and no excuses eh Frank. 😉

See my boxing analogy earlier 👍🏻

Soapy Soutar

Zlamal

Smith souttar berra  hickey

Walker clare irving mulraney

Uche  washington

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Zlamal

Smith souttar berra  hickey

Walker clare irving mulraney

Uche  washington

Walker and Hickey not fit enough to start. Bozanic is starting.

Soapy Soutar
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Walker and Hickey not fit enough to start. Bozanic is starting.

Time will tell

Governor Tarkin
45 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Greater good.... 😂

They bars are for gays?. .. 😳

:D

It was a cracking night out tbf.

The now deceased poster formerly known as Meoff the Gince is just the manly sort to attract a fair bit of attention. 

Slightly off topic but Billy Gilmour now of Chelsea (left Rangers when he was 15) has been getting rave reviews in the latest Chelsea friendlies.....he has been at Chelsea for a good years and looks ready to make the grade....patience is the key with youngsters and good support, we have the making of some great youngsters as long as fans don’t boo right from the start but not sure we will give them time....Gilmour was compared to Iniesta by the Chelsea fans 🙄

Shanks said no

Traffic alert

for those of you heading in via Murrayfield/Roseburn please bear in mind that Scottish Gas have major roadworks in the area with lane and junction closures.

obviously the smaller than usual crowd will not delay Jambos too much.

Bazzas right boot
30 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Time will tell

As will the team sheets. 😉

rick witter
42 minutes ago, Soapy Soutar said:

Time will tell

It like picking the lottery numbers picking a Hearts starting 11 😂

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, rick witter said:

It like picking the lottery numbers picking a Hearts starting 11 😂

Zlamal