• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, Icon of Symmetry said:

Not a very weak one though

debateable - still think Dundee UTD have some better players than us

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Sounds like another myth to file along aside 'only Hearts sign lots of duds'.

Based on Evening News pre-game report... Osman Sow is a doubt due to injury. Lawrence Shankland may not start having only signed recently. Adrian Sporle, Calum Butcher and Ian Harkes all had injuryto face his former club after the striker picked up a calf injury. Peter Pawlett won't play due to injury.

For Hibs the Scotsman says Slivka, Stevenson and Porteous are all out for their game as they are still recovering from injuries. Hanlon, Boyle, Gray and Whittaker are also injury doubts.

For Aberdeen Bryson and Leigh missed out with injuries yesterday. Only two of their seven new signings started in their game. Gleeson is injured. McLennan started on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. McGinn started despite note being fully fit. There was talk of an injury crisis in the media a couple of weeks ago.

That is just looking at three teams and a couple of articles. They probably have other players injured that aren't mentioned and I could probably do the same with most teams, but no it is only Hearts that are struggling to have players fully fit by mid-July.

I think, to many, it feels like it's just us because we don't tend to pay too much attention to what's happening at other clubs.

Certainly the reason in my case. About a third of the players you mention I've never heard of, a third I didn't know were at certain clubs and the rest I had no idea they were injured. 

rick witter
4 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

Happy to please 😊👍🏻

As far as I’m concerned we’re only half way through pre-season and our preparations for the league. The only difference being that instead of friendlies for the next three weeks we have league cup games due to this format change a couple of years ago.

Clubs haven’t started coming back earlier for preseason because of it. Everyone just treats it as a way of getting ready for the league but with more importance on the result than a regular friendly.

I expect us to win and think we will win but very aware that players will be rusty and lacking match fitness as we’re only halfway through pre-season. If the match was played in three weeks’ time we would comfortably hump them with our key players fit and firing.

If we lose the game though there is a very real chance we are out of one of only 2 tournaments we can win after one game. I get it’s early and maybe has a pre season feel to it but this is a massive game we have to win. 

2 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

No it isn’t - do you? Good to know. Cheers. 

3 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

If you mean that Dundee Utd have 1 or 2 players better than say our 10th or 11th best players then doubtful but maybe. But if you think that they have any players better than our best players then you need therapy.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Of course it does. Every team is halfway through preseason so it adds an extra variable into the match that wouldn’t be there in three weeks time when both teams are up to speed. 

Nonsense in my opinion ! 

Dalstonjambo
16 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Sounds like another myth to file along aside 'only Hearts sign lots of duds'.

Based on Evening News pre-game report... Osman Sow is a doubt due to injury. Lawrence Shankland may not start having only signed recently. Adrian Sporle, Calum Butcher and Ian Harkes all have injury concerns. Peter Pawlett won't play due to injury.

For Hibs the Scotsman says Slivka, Stevenson and Porteous are all out for their game as they are still recovering from injuries. Hanlon, Boyle, Gray and Whittaker are also injury doubts.

For Aberdeen Bryson and Leigh missed out with injuries yesterday. Only two of their seven new signings started in their game. Gleeson is injured. McLennan started on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. McGinn started despite note being fully fit. There was talk of an injury crisis in the media a couple of weeks ago.

That is just looking at three teams and a couple of articles. They probably have other players injured that aren't mentioned and I could probably do the same with most teams, but no it is only Hearts that are struggling to have players fully fit by mid-July.

Damn you and your facts and evidence. 

Hearts are the only team with issues. And in this case it's the medical staff to blame. String them up i say!

Jambosteve1902

Curious, why do people seem to think we're playing an Elite side tonight? i havent seen any proposed starting XIs posted that i think are weaker than what United will field so the lack of optimism is bewildering me.  Hibs mentality fearing this mob lets  get them skelped and get the hibs.net folk envying our victory!

Cruyff Turn

Early doors games are always tough. We’re no way match sharp, either are they but it’ll be a close encounter. 

We have enough to win though and should win given it is at home. 

Apart from Dundee supporters and a handful of others... everyone in Scotland who doesn’t support Hearts wants us to get beaten tonight. Probably some Levein-oot zealots want it too.

Let’s harness that hatred and boaby these cartoon-voiced unintelligible bumpkins rigid. :wub:

1 minute ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Curious, why do people seem to think we're playing an Elite side tonight? i havent seen any proposed starting XIs posted that i think are weaker than what United will field so the lack of optimism is bewildering me.  Hibs mentality fearing this mob lets  get them skelped and get the hibs.net folk envying our victory!

Guaranteed they'll already have the posts ready to criticise/laugh at the attendance tonight. Their sister smelling finger hovering over send. 

Of course, come their first home tie and a 5/6k att. they'll look the idiots they always do. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Apart from Dundee supporters and a handful of others... everyone in Scotland who doesn’t support Hearts wants us to get beaten tonight. Probably some Levein-oot zealots want it too.

Let’s harness that hatred and boaby these cartoon-voiced unintelligible bumpkins rigid. :wub:

There are plenty of posters on here that would be quite happy if we got beat!

Strange behaviour!

The Internet
18 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Which ones? 

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

There are plenty of posters on here that would be quite happy if we got beat!

Strange behaviour!

Indeed.

gashauskis9
4 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Aye like we did against Rangers at tynie under Neilson where we beat them 4-0.  your a slavour 95% of the time. 

Oh dear 🤭🤭🤭

3fingersreid

Good old bbc just advertising the game tonight against dundee, not utd but dundee , how inept are they ????

I’d go with - 

GK - Zlamal 

RCB - Souttar

CB - Berra

LCB - Halkett 

RWB - Smith

LWB - Mulraney 

CM - Irving

CM - Clare

CAM - Walker

ST - Washington 

ST - Uche 

3-1 Hearts Halkett, Washington & Uche

4forDevries

Halkett is a leader and organiser who reads the game well. Get him playing CM tonight where he can bark instructions and encouragement as Naisy would do.

Pants Shaton
9 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

All that needs said.  

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

It’s funny how Neilson has gone from peddler of “shite”, “boring”, “percentage”, “cowardly” football, to the next Giardiola in a matter of months. 

This place place is ****ing hilarious at times.  :rofl:

Was just thinking that. 

The posters who bashed Robbie and our away form now suddenly have him and his championship team coming to Tynecastle and schoolng us. 

These were some of the posters that ridiculed him. 

Hope it's a 5-4 or 6-3 thriller. 

Jambosteve1902
2 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I’d go with - 

GK - Zlamal 

RCB - Souttar

CB - Berra

LCB - Halkett 

RWB - Smith

LWB - Mulraney 

CM - Irving

CM - Clare

CAM - Walker

ST - Washington 

ST - Uche 

3-1 Hearts Halkett, Washington & Uche

think Uche and Walker both confirmed out :(

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

Which Dundee Utd players would get into our starting eleven or even onto our bench?

14 minutes ago, rick witter said:

If we lose the game though there is a very real chance we are out of one of only 2 tournaments we can win after one game. I get it’s early and maybe has a pre season feel to it but this is a massive game we have to win. 

9 points has been enough to qualify every year of this format so regardless of result tonight we will be through if we win the next three matches.

12 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nonsense in my opinion ! 

To give an analogy: When a professional boxing match is organised the fighters begin their usual 3 month-ish training camps. They are in peak condition come the fight and the better boxer usually wins. If they were made to fight only 6 weeks into their preparations then the result wouldn’t be as certain, more variables would be in the mix and an upset a bit more likely. 

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Early doors games are always tough. We’re no way match sharp, either are they but it’ll be a close encounter. 

We have enough to win though and should win given it is at home. 

:spoton:

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Was just thinking that. 

The posters who bashed Robbie and our away form now suddenly have him and his championship team coming to Tynecastle and schoolng us. 

These were some of the posters that ridiculed him. 

Hope it's a 5-4 or 6-3 thriller. 

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

4forDevries

I’d go with - 

GK - Zlamal 

CB - Souttar

CB - Berra

RWB - Smith

LWB - Hickey / White 

CM - Bozanic

CM - Halkett 

RM - Zonatta

LM - Mulraney

ST - Washington 

ST - Keena

3 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Oh really!!? Haven’t seen anything on that. Thought Walker said he was fit & not seen anything on Uche.

I’d replace Walker with McDonald & Uche with Zanatta or Keena if he’s fit then. Not ideal. 

Jambosteve1902

i wanna see wee zanatta more this 

Just now, HMFC86 said:

Oh really!!? Haven’t seen anything on that. Thought Walker said he was fit & not seen anything on Uche.

I’d replace Walker with McDonald & Uche with Zanatta or Keena if he’s fit then. Not ideal. 

think Walker might feature from bench but uches ootski appaantly.  Id like see Zanatta also so id agree there! 

Alex Kintner
Just now, HMFC86 said:

Walker is fit but will start on the bench 👍🏻

48 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another night for Levein to still not know his best XI.

Another night for you to watch the game on JKB and slag the manager.

Just now, To Be Frank said:

Walker is fit but will start on the bench 👍🏻

Cheers makes sense given lack of games I guess. 

Bit short for league cup up top. Once Naismith comes in & Uche back plus Maclean should be ok.  

5 minutes ago, 4forDevries said:

I’d go with - 

GK - Zlamal 

CB - Souttar

CB - Berra

RWB - Smith

LWB - Hickey / White 

CM - Bozanic

CM - Halkett 

RM - Zonatta

LM - Mulraney

ST - Washington 

ST - Keena

I think you’ll be close, Keena May be injured tho? Halkett will start CM I think. White is out so either burns or hickey at left back. 

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

I think you’ll be close, Keena May be injured tho? Halkett will start CM I think. White is out so either burns or hickey at left back. 

Halkett will 100% not be centre midfield it'l be clare and another porbably Irving or Edwards without any doubts.

Edited by Jambosteve1902

2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

i wanna see wee zanatta more this 

think Walker might feature from bench but uches ootski appaantly.  Id like see Zanatta also so id agree there! 

Yeah big season for Zanatta. Interested to see if he’s kicked on as a result of his fairly successful loans. 

Governor Tarkin
23 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

This is where all PHM should be..

When the phoodle cleans Lhevein's clock his position will become untenable.

:glorious:

2 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Halkett will 100% not be centre midfield it'l be clare and another porbably Irving or Edwards without any doubts.

He’s played there before, it depends on Souttars fitness.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

You are too late for that poll! 😄

You will still be in good company if you change your username to something like ‘The Lobe Ranger’, though. 🤔

1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

CL has the safest job in Britian GT

:silviodamn:

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Cheers makes sense given lack of games I guess. 

Bit short for league cup up top. Once Naismith comes in & Uche back plus Maclean should be ok.  

Got Washington, Keena, Henderson and Zanatta as options tonight which should be enough 👍🏻

Robbo-Jambo
20 minutes ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Whats wrong with Uche now ?

Plus dont know if Keena played any pre season stuff.

5 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Got Washington, Keena, Henderson and Zanatta as options tonight which should be enough 👍🏻

Yeah it should be. 

Forgot all about Henderson. Sounds like he done ok the other night. 

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

CL has the safest job in Britian GT

:silviodamn:

Dunno likes... your volunteer work as a troll doesn’t look like it’s in any danger of being scrapped. 👍

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Dunno likes... your volunteer work as a troll doesn’t look like it’s in any danger of being scrapped. 👍

Well at least I'm good at my job then.

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Well at least I'm good at my job then.

You aren’t. You must just have an even more sympathetic boss than Levein. 👍

Saint Jambo
57 minutes ago, martoon said:

I think, to many, it feels like it's just us because we don't tend to pay too much attention to what's happening at other clubs.

Certainly the reason in my case. About a third of the players you mention I've never heard of, a third I didn't know were at certain clubs and the rest I had no idea they were injured. 

Agree entirely. I'd meant to make that point, so thanks for making it for me. We know far more about Hearts than other teams so know far more about the duds we've signed and the players injured, particularly when you get past the couple of star players at each team. And that is fine as long as people don't use their lack of knowledge to beat the club. Unfortuantely it seems that no matter how often some people have this evidence presented to them, they choose to ignore it and carry on believing that Hearts are somehow much worse than everyone else.

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Whats wrong with Uche now ?

Plus dont know if Keena played any pre season stuff.

Got last fifteen on Monday and looked sharp 👍🏻

Alex Kintner
11 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Yeah it should be. 

Forgot all about Henderson. Sounds like he done ok the other night. 

Played really well and although he missed two or three good chances he didn’t let his head go down

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

You aren’t. You must just have an even more sympathetic boss than Levein. 👍

Don't talk about JKBMod 3 like that!

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Got last fifteen on Monday and looked sharp 👍🏻

Presume you mean Keena ?

Any idea whats up with the big fella ?

Disser Pointon

Is Olly Lee injured? He certainly isn't featuring because I've just seen him in the departure lounge at Edinburgh.