• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Cruyff Turn

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

36 minutes ago, rick witter said:

How is Uche not fit? 

Has he had another injury we don’t know about.  

i thought he was fully fit during pre season 

He apparently had an injection recently to try and aid his return to fitness. I was reading about him being home at his Mum's over the break and he was working with his old fitness coach to get himself ready for the new season. No idea what's going on with him.

Edited by wavydavy

13 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Spot on 

The fact that excuses are already being thrown about, and we haven’t even started the season yet, tells its own story 

this acceptance of mediocrity stinks - we are a big club and we should expect a level of success and performance to align with our overall status 

I must admit the excuses are becoming more novel - the cup tie against DU seemingly is only a “glorified pre-season” game - that’s a cracker! 😂

On 10/07/2019 at 22:44, To Be Frank said:

Three weeks before our first league match in 2014/15 (where we romped the Championship) we lost 3-0 to Dundee.

Two weeks before our first league match in 2011/12 (where we ended up winning the Cup) we lost 2-1 to Cowdenbeath.

Two weeks before our first league match in 2005/06 (where we won the cup and finished 2nd) we drew 0-0 with Berwick Rangers.

Onw week before our first league match in 1997/98 (where we won the cup and finished 3rd)  we lost 2-1 to Grimsby.

Forgive me if I don’t pish my breeks at the thought of losing to Dundee Utd three weeks before the league even kicks off 👍🏻

I must admit I almost pished my breeks laughing when you came out with that “it’s only a glorified pre-season game” crap! 😂😂😂

Edited by Thomaso

GorgieRules22

The last two years with regards to the fitness of the players and the length of time players have been out is a bit of a joke now.

Im puzzled as to why we’re always toiling to get players fit during pre season but no other club has this problem.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He apparently had an injection recently to try and aid his return to fitness. I was reading about him being home at his Mum's over the break and he was working with his old fitness coach to get himself ready for the new season. No idea what's going on with him.

Just before they got back into training he was putting videos up of him doing strength and conditioning work, with a little shooting added in. Cochrane was putting up videos of himself passing and shooting. I think for their development they could do with swapping those routines, Harry needs to bulk up and Uche needs to work his touch and finishing. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Just before they got back into training he was putting videos up of him doing strength and conditioning work, with a little shooting added in. Cochrane was putting up videos of himself passing and shooting. I think for their development they could do with swapping those routines, Harry needs to bulk up and Uche needs to work his touch and finishing. 

If he's no' fit, can I blame his mum?

4forDevries

Zlamal

Smith.  Soapy.  Berra  Hickey

Zonatta. Halkett Bozanic  Mulaney

Washington. Keana

Bench - Uche, Walker, Harry, Clare Doyle

Halkett has played CM and can do a good holding role.

On 10/07/2019 at 21:37, The Apprentice said:

God forbid someone is positive about the team they support. Perhaps you should try it sometime or better still just give it a swerve altogether because it’s obviously causing you a lot of anger.

Anyone hazard a guess how far into the game tonight before rick posts "Levein oot"?

Winning these games and topping the group well is important, as a seeding in the last 16 means you can easily be back at the business end of the cup before you know it.

Therefore I hope whatever team we have out gets the job done.

This is one of the two trophies we can reasonably expect to win in a season so I always want it taken seriously.

Hearts 2 - 1 Dundee United  👍

Biggest game of the season.

It's a must win game, anything apart from a convincing victory is surely a disaster. 

Neilson vs Levein 

This could well be both teams in their 18 yard boxes playing Long Bangers 

0-0 written all over it

If there is a goal, fully expect the the other team to shut up shop and ride it out 

Jambosteve1902
1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Neilson vs Levein 

This could well be both teams in their 18 yard boxes playing Long Bangers 

0-0 written all over it

If there is a goal, fully expect the the other team to shut up shop and ride it out 

Aye like we did against Rangers at tynie under Neilson where we beat them 4-0.  your a slavour 95% of the time. 

Alex Kintner
10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I must admit the excuses are becoming more novel - the cup tie against DU seemingly is only a “glorified pre-season” game - that’s a cracker! 😂

10 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I must admit I almost pished my breeks laughing when you came out with that “it’s only a glorified pre-season game” crap! 😂😂😂

Happy to please 😊👍🏻

As far as I’m concerned we’re only half way through pre-season and our preparations for the league. The only difference being that instead of friendlies for the next three weeks we have league cup games due to this format change a couple of years ago.

Clubs haven’t started coming back earlier for preseason because of it. Everyone just treats it as a way of getting ready for the league but with more importance on the result than a regular friendly.

I expect us to win and think we will win but very aware that players will be rusty and lacking match fitness as we’re only halfway through pre-season. If the match was played in three weeks’ time we would comfortably hump them with our key players fit and firing.

Edited by To Be Frank

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Happy to please 😊👍🏻

As far as I’m concerned we’re only half way through pre-season and our preparations for the league. The only difference being that instead of friendlies for the next three weeks we have league cup games due to this format change a couple of years ago.

Clubs haven’t started coming back earlier for preseason because of it. Everyone just treats it as a way of getting ready for the league but with more importance on the result than a regular friendly.

I expect us to win and think we will win but very aware that players will be rusty and lacking match fitness as we’re only halfway through pre-season. If the match was played in three weeks’ time we would comfortably hump them with our key players fit and firing.

The we are only half way through pre season doesn't work for this game because so are Dundee United aswell as being a championship club 

JamboAndrew
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Brave man. Wouldn't like to be you when Uche hears you've been having a go at his mum.

Uchi stupidly revealed the story re the injection in a recent article and never gave the outcome but I suspect he is not fully fit, hope so for start of league campaign not that bothered abought tonight.

No shock that my lack of optimism has carried over to the new season.

Craig to be taught a lesson by the young head and his players to be all over the shop.

Hearts 1 Dundee United 2

William H. Bonney
1 hour ago, SE16 3LN said:

Six weeks since the cup final and we're playing competitive football in Scotland? Not right

Playing competitive football before the festival starts. It’s july ffs. 

3fingersreid

One of two trophies we can realistically look to win , nothing friendly or meaningless about it , get right in about them from the first whistle to the last . 

1 hour ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

Aye like we did against Rangers at tynie under Neilson where we beat them 4-0.  your a slavour 95% of the time. 

That didn’t happen. We did beat them 4-1 under Cathro though.

It’s funny how Neilson has gone from peddler of “shite”, “boring”, “percentage”, “cowardly” football, to the next Giardiola in a matter of months. 

This place place is ****ing hilarious at times.  :rofl:

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Which one? I wouldn’t criticise Uches mum if I were you 😃.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

If you do, don’t mention me.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Jambosteve1902 said:

It was only two nil, you’re a slaver 😜

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The we are only half way through pre season doesn't work for this game because so are Dundee United aswell as being a championship club 

Of course it does. Every team is halfway through preseason so it adds an extra variable into the match that wouldn’t be there in three weeks time when both teams are up to speed. 

Smith&Weston

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Berra Hickey

cochrane Bozanic Clare

zanatta Washington Mulraney

Think we might start something like this tonight.  Midfield is the obvious problem at the moment but if we can bring on Walker, Uche and Souttar then I think that will be job done tonight.  

Levein will want want to get off to a win tonight as he will know that fans will be on his back already if we don’t get w positive result.

Anyone know if the ticket office will be open so I can collect just before kick off tonight? 

13 hours ago, Morgan said:

Totally agree, Rick. :thumbsup:

How the feck can he not be fit?

Gullane dunes done him in?

2 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Anyone know if the ticket office will be open so I can collect just before kick off tonight? 

The ticket office may know, just give them a bell.

42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I think it will end Hearts 0 Dundee United 2.

That's tempting fate :(

Just now, Marvin said:

That's tempting fate :(

I know, sorry.

Just got a wee feeling, no more than that. :sadrobbo:

1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I know, sorry.

Just got a wee feeling, no more than that. I

Well to be a little more optimistic I think it will be 1-0 to the Arabs :sadrobbo:

It’s good to have a decent game to start with. Got draw written all over it tbh. I look forward to JKB afterwards...or maybe not.

...a bit disco
21 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

It’s good to have a decent game to start with. Got draw written all over it tbh. I look forward to JKB afterwards...or maybe not.

It’s often more entertaining than the match tbh.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Draw adds the excitement with kicks from the penalty spot!

13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Lol

I’ll wait to hear what to expect when we make the trip to Cowdenbeath! 

Hearts win tonight - 2-1 

12 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Cheers, checked the club site and facebook but forgot about twitter 👍

Hearts 3 United 1.

If he plays, I think Dario will get a goal or 2. He really has to produce the goods this season and I have a hunch he'll start it well against the lower league opposition in our group.  

C'mon the J.T's. 

Saint Jambo
13 hours ago, GorgieRules22 said:

The last two years with regards to the fitness of the players and the length of time players have been out is a bit of a joke now.

Im puzzled as to why we’re always toiling to get players fit during pre season but no other club has this problem.

Sounds like another myth to file along aside 'only Hearts sign lots of duds'.

Based on Evening News pre-game report... Osman Sow is a doubt due to injury. Lawrence Shankland may not start having only signed recently. Adrian Sporle, Calum Butcher and Ian Harkes all have injury concerns. Peter Pawlett won't play due to injury.

For Hibs the Scotsman says Slivka, Stevenson and Porteous are all out for their game as they are still recovering from injuries. Hanlon, Boyle, Gray and Whittaker are also injury doubts.

For Aberdeen Bryson and Leigh missed out with injuries yesterday. Only two of their seven new signings started in their game. Gleeson is injured. McLennan started on the bench as he wasn't fully fit. McGinn started despite note being fully fit. There was talk of an injury crisis in the media a couple of weeks ago.

That is just looking at three teams and a couple of articles. They probably have other players injured that aren't mentioned and I could probably do the same with most teams, but no it is only Hearts that are struggling to have players fully fit by mid-July.

Edited by Saint Jambo

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Another night for Levein to still not know his best XI.

...or back in the real world, not have his best XI available to him.